Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? (7863 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2012
Tpia - Trolling People Is my Aim. kiss
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by tpia1: 7:51am On Nov 24, 2012
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Joagbaje(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2012
InesQor: I'm curious.

No childish fighting and immature abusing on this thread please.

If you say the Bible says so, give sensibly polite responses only, with scriptural backing either implicitly or explicitly. If you think otherwise, kindly also state your reasons politely.

I just came to this thread , I've not read the three pages. But let me respond briefly to the op. firstly I don't know where you got your quote from. Did anyone say so?

Secondly what is misbehavior? Crime? If a pastor commits a crime, the law should handle him. It's the law that determines if a crime is actually committed .

If its a ministerial error, he should be confronted directly to explain and if he is wrong he can Apologise and make a change as it has happened to several ministers. Above all things ,the major responsibility from the church is praying for ministers

. If a minister Makes a mistake , prayer can bring restoration. That doesn't make him a false minister. Apostles of the bile had ther mistakes . It's the Heart God sees.

JUDGING
the mistakes many posters make here Is this idea of judging and condemnation . The man who judge another man outs himself in position of condemnation and he has started sinning too. Correction should be done in love .

Gossip that we experience on the NL here is unscriptural. The church washing dirty linen in public in the view of sinners, it's against the respect christ has for his church. Why should Christians be the people openly giving evil publicity about the church ,helping Satan fulfil his agenda by destroying people's faith in God. God frowned even at Christians going to judge matters before sinners.

1 Corinthians 6:1
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?. . 6 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2012
tpia1: he's a gutter rat, as well as a cultist.

goshen's demonic supporters show where his actual allegiance lies.

certainly not with the Christian God.
That was harsh. Where is the problem?

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by PastorKun(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
InesQor:

GBAM left right and centre!!! grin Thanks for your contribution! God bless.

Any takers to defend against the above, comparing scriptures with scriptures? Azibalua? Maybe Joagbaje (seeing he was mentioned above)?

Azibaula and Joagbaje are one and the same person.
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Goshen360(m): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

I just came to this thread , I've not read the three pages. But let me respond briefly to the op. firstly I don't know where you got your quote from. Did anyone say so?

Secondly what is misbehavior? Crime? If a pastor commits a crime, the law should handle him. It's the law that determines if a crime is actually committed .

If its a ministerial error, he should be confronted directly to explain and if he is wrong he can Apologise and make a change as it has happened to several ministers. Above all things ,the major responsibility from the church is praying for ministers

. If a minister Makes a mistake , prayer can bring restoration. That doesn't make him a false minister. Apostles of the bile had ther mistakes . It's the Heart God sees.

JUDGING
the mistakes many posters make here Is this idea of judging and condemnation . The man who judge another man outs himself in position of condemnation and he has started sinning too. Correction should be done in love .

Gossip that we experience on the NL here is unscriptural. The church washing dirty linen in public in the view of sinners, it's against the respect christ has for his church. Why should Christians be the people openly giving evil publicity about the church ,helping Satan fulfil his agenda by destroying people's faith in God. God frowned even at Christians going to judge matters before sinners.

1 Corinthians 6:1
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?. . 6 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

I can see you are abusing scriptures. The very scripture you quoted is clearly talking about a Christian taking another Christian to law court before or in front of an unbelieving judge rather than going before same Christian who can judge another Christian. I always like to unmask your false teachings whenever you quote and abuse scriptures. Look at the same verse from other translations,

New Living Translation (©2007)
When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers!

New International Version (©1984)
If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?

Even this translation says, the saints can also judge instead of the ungodly..... cool

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When one of you has a complaint against another, how dare you go to court to settle the matter in front of wicked people. Why don't you settle it in front of God's holy people?

Darby Bible Translation
Dare any one of you, having a matter against another, prosecute his suit before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Weymouth New Testament
If one of you has a grievance against an opponent, does he dare to go to law before irreligious men and not before God's people?

So, Joagbaje....look at these translations starring at you in the face and tell us if it's not talking about taking a Christian brother to law court by another Christian brother INSTEAD of judging the matter between fellow Christian. Clearly, a Christian can judge his fellow Christian instead of the ungodly...... cool

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by nuclearboy(m): 11:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
Reyginus: That was harsh. Where is the problem?

Problem remains with the Queen of the frustrated

Barks at every turn
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by tpia1: 12:24am On Nov 25, 2012
gutter rat.
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Joagbaje(m): 1:13am On Nov 25, 2012
Goshen360:

New International Version (©1984)
If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?

So, Joagbaje....look at these translations starring at you in the face and tell us if it's not talking about taking a Christian brother to law court by another Christian brother INSTEAD of judging the matter between fellow Christian. Clearly, a Christian can judge his fellow Christian instead of the ungodly...... cool

You're the one teaching false hood dude. There are scriptural lines of discipline and corrections. Christian matters or church matters should be dealth with in the church , simple. Don't look for excuses to ejustify the hate you exhibit
Re: Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2012
nuclearboy:

Problem remains with the Queen of the frustrated

Barks at every turn
Who is this queen?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalander And Not Jehovah Anymore: Season 4 / Why I Gave My Life To Jesus / (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.