Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

What Gender Is God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Gender Is God ? (767 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Gender Is God ? by packman: 11:44am On Nov 22, 2012
a sister of mine was asked to write an essay regarding this topic WHAT GENDER IS GOD

TO ME THE QUESTION IS VERY AWKWARD AND VERY ANNOYING SO I WOULD LOVE TO THROW THE QUESTION TO THE HOUSE
Re: What Gender Is God ? by advocate666: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2012
Why is it annoying?
Re: What Gender Is God ? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
packman: a sister of mine was asked to write an essay regarding this topic WHAT GENDER IS GOD

TO ME THE QUESTION IS VERY AWKWARD AND VERY ANNOYING SO I WOULD LOVE TO THROW THE QUESTION TO THE HOUSE
no gender! He is both described as a loving mum and a merciful dad!
Re: What Gender Is God ? by packman: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ubenedictus: no gender! He is both described as a loving mum and a merciful dad!
He create Adam in his likeness so those that NOT MEAN HE IS A MAN HMM....
Re: What Gender Is God ? by OME1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
Stupid question you formed by yourself..
Re: What Gender Is God ? by packman: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
O.M.E:
Stupid question you formed by yourself..
THIS COMMENT DOES NOT DESERVE A REPLY.....
Re: What Gender Is God ? by advocate666: 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
packman:
THIS COMMENT DOES NOT DESERVE A REPLY.....
which is exactly what you did.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by packman: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
advocate666:
which is exactly what you did.

THATS TRUE.. THOUGH..
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TOPIC
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
God is not a gender
Re: What Gender Is God ? by plappville(f): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
packman: a sister of mine was asked to write an essay regarding this topic WHAT GENDER IS GOD

The bible says that No man has ever seen God. (1 John 4:12) so this question is pointless.
You cannot tell the Gender of something you have never seen.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Well, Jesus called him Father - and not mother. So a Father should not be she, i think? Even trinitarians say Father, Son and Spirit?
Re: What Gender Is God ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: Well, Jesus called him Father - and not mother. So a Father should not be she, i think? Even trinitarians say Father, Son and Spirit?
hahaha, sum1 recently informed me that d divine name elohim is feminine!
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: Well, Jesus called him Father - and not mother. So a Father should not be she, i think? Even trinitarians say Father, Son and Spirit?
well because jesus lived in a time where men controlled the world( well men still do now sort of ). once upon a time in antiquity when women controlled every affair of society and men had no relevance but only needed for baby making and protecting the kids, The creator was referred to as Goddess and not God.it would have been Goddess the mother, daughter and holy spirit.

my point is God the father son is figurative and not to be taken literally. The father represent the THOUGHT OR INTENT and the son is the WORD or the EXPRESSION that's all it is.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^If you read my post with an open mind, nowhere did i claim to know the gender of God. In fact i read somewhere that the holyspirit is feminine.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^i didn't say you did. my point was alluding to jesus calling God his father and linked to the fact that men wrote the bible..

And even if you did you had every right to state your opinion. my statement was not an attack on you.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^Men always write based on context and based on what is at that time. For example, if someone a thousand years ago receives a revelation that a thousand years to come, people are going to be browsing on ipad, how does the person put it in writing?

Let us assume that the book of revelations was written in this here and now, we will see terminologies of our present-day generation such as - instead of the beast - a humanoid alien wearing a huge space helmet etc
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 12:28am On Nov 24, 2012
^^^ i am assumming by men you mean humans. In a sense you are saying what i said earlier using different words. why i said father should not be taken literal.

having said that let me add that there is a reason why the "men" who write or re-wrote most of these religious scripts seems to denote their Creator or God as a masculine figure instead of say a feminine figure or any other figure. have you asked yourself why the bible for instance denotes "God" or even "satan" as a masculine figure? Why not in the beginning the Goddess created the heavens and earth instead of God?.. i have one word for you. POWER.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 1:24am On Nov 24, 2012
^^^I believe and understand you, but this your level of understanding signifies that we align on a certain level. By men, aye, i meant humans.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 1:40am On Nov 24, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^I believe and understand you, but this your level of understanding signifies that we align on a certain level. By men, aye, i meant humans.
@bolded what you do mean
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 1:56am On Nov 24, 2012
^^^We agree on a certain level.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^^ I know what you meant. I guess I chose the wrong question..it was more of me asking you to explicate or throw more light on your statement tied in to what I bolded...but nevermind I got the point...
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2012
^^^That is the correct answer, i wanted to be sure you at were able to know there was a hidden meaning intended in my message,
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 7:00am On Nov 25, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^That is the correct answer, i wanted to be sure you at were able to know there was a hidden meaning intended in my message,
exactly. i felt that, why i asked you to explicate.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by pastormustwacc: 7:27am On Nov 25, 2012
^^^I wanted to be sure that you knew there was a hidden meaning, and the fact that you knew has answered my question. I can sometimes code hidden meanings into plain words and target it at certain people, if they are the right people, then they know what i meant.

Now, back to topic and what we were discussing, the manner of writing of the scriptures in dependent on the writer. Now, another question i will like to know is:
what is the gender of angels, if the angels are men, then are there any female angels? Some say it is the same angels that appear as male/female.
Re: What Gender Is God ? by greatgenius: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^I wanted to be sure that you knew there was a hidden meaning, and the fact that you knew has answered my question. I can sometimes code hidden meanings into plain words and target it at certain people, if they are the right people, then they know what i meant.

Now, back to topic and what we were discussing, the manner of writing of the scriptures in dependent on the writer. Now, another question i will like to know is:
what is the gender of angels, if the angels are men, then are there any female angels? Some say it is the same angels that appear as male/female.
in their purest form in the spiritual realm or " heaven" angelics/spirit beings have no gender .. you could say they are sexless in their purest state... Angels can manifest can manifest into whatever form they desire.. male, female, beasts etc.. they can manifest into whatever and anything.. You have to understand that form is an illusion..

When you "die" or go to heaven/spiritual realm you become like the angels. I'm sure you have heard that statement before from which a lot of arguments have sprung forth because of lack of understanding ..

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Annual SCHOLARSHIP - 2012 / Welcome To Gossip Center / Contact Prophet For Your Spiritual Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.