Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos (11230 Views)

Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by francis247(m): 2:33am On Nov 24, 2012
Tokotaya: Samsung has rolled out its highly anticipated Galaxy Note II in Nigeria.

The device, a mix of smartphone and tablet with an improved digital stylus called the S Pen, was unveiled to the Nigerian public at an elaborate ceremony at Westown Hotel in Ikeja, Lagos on Thursday.

The launch of the device in Nigeria is coming on the heels of its initial introduction at the IFA Trade Show in Berlin and its subsequent arrival on the African continent at a colourful unboxing event in Cape Town, South Africa, in October.
Powered by the latest version of Google’s Android operating system, Jelly Bean, the Galaxy Note II features a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor and 4G LTE connectivity.

Its 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display is ideal for users who want the productivity of a tablet with the portability of a smartphone.
Its 8 megapixel rear-facing and 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera allows users to share photos through Share Shot, while S Beam lets users share videos, pictures and more with other Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III devices.
I thought there's also one with about 10 inches display. BTW I don't see this replacing a lappy. A lappy is a lappy, a tab is a tab and a smartphone is a smartphone just like a desktop computer is still a desktop computer. I don't see any ever replacing the other neither do I think it's going 2 b like the mobile phone world whereby phones of late 1990s/early2000s were completely diifferent from what is out there today.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by StarFlux: 3:10am On Nov 24, 2012
I don't like the plastic on these Samsung phones. I much prefer HTC.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by gnews: 5:45am On Nov 24, 2012
joanana:

Grow up!! stop hating!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
yea, stop hating son.. Samsung is in game now..
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by joanana(f): 11:34am On Nov 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Is that how much Samsung is selling in Lagos or how much someone sold one to you?

In slot its 94k in affordables its 98,500

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2012
joanana:

so the online price is higher?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by aweleokolo: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bandit C.:

Bros you can actually use a little utility called extsd2internalsd and which is found at the xdadevelopers website to turn your sd card to phone memory and phone memory to sd card. But you need to be rooted to achieve that.

Since I got my Note II, I have been using it for my 64GB sdxc card and I couldn't be happier. Also have had no problems so far.

So that issue isn't a big deal and Note II is a beast that can't be compared with any other currently existing phones.

But why do we have to go through the hassle of rooting? Especially when rooting your device can be risky. I'll pay 94k for the phone, 5k for the cover then come home and start rooting again?
Please where did you get your 64GB MicroSD card and how much?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
joanana:

Try and check it really well and buy with care . . . Check for yourself how much Samsung itself is selling and do the MATH.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by jimjones: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bandit C.:

Bros you can actually use a little utility called extsd2internalsd and which is found at the xdadevelopers website to turn your sd card to phone memory and phone memory to sd card. But you need to be rooted to achieve that.

Since I got my Note II, I have been using it for my 64GB sdxc card and I couldn't be happier. Also have had no problems so far.

So that issue isn't a big deal and Note II is a beast that can't be compared with any other currently existing phones.

yo bandit, i got that n7105 and i'm hella scared of rooting it. i've been on xdadevelopers and while there's a good number of folks who've successfully rooted their n7105s, i've heard of a fair bit out there that have experienced problems. is your note2 an n7105 and how did you root it?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by diehard(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
Samsung China has gone official with the previously leaked dual-SIM variant of the Note 2. The model number is GT-N7102 and from what it looks it's got proper GSM/HSDPA support on both SIM cards.
The Note 2 N7102 is practically the same phone with a 1.6GHz quad-core processor and a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD screen, but it makes use of two SIM slots. One fits a regular sized miniSIM and the other one takes MicroSIM cards.
The device will go on sale December 3 with a price of about 700 euro.

http://www.gsmarena.com/dualsim_samsung_galaxy_note_ii_launches_in_china-news-5115.php
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
aweleokolo:

But why do we have to go through the hassle of rooting? Especially when rooting your device can be risky. I'll pay 94k for the phone, 5k for the cover then come home and start rooting again?
Please where did you get your 64GB MicroSD card and how much?

I got my sdxc for 59,99 € as I am currently in the Euro zone. I went for it since I game a lot with my phone and wouldn't want to deal with low internal memory ever again as I did with my DesireHD.

My internal phone memory is almost empty. Only apk installs go in there, and all other larger data files into my external sd, using extsd2internalsd of course.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2012
jim jones:

yo bandit, i got that n7105 and i'm hella scared of rooting it. i've been on xdadevelopers and while there's a good number of folks who've successfully rooted their n7105s, i've heard of a fair bit out there that have experienced problems. is your note2 an n7105 and how did you root it?

Yeah Bros, as I understand, the n7105 is the LTE model and I would advice against rooting it for now especially if you got it through contract. Mine is the international model n7100.

I never buy phones through contracts, I just pay for it and move on. That way, I can afford to bear the consequences should anything occur after rooting or jailbreaking it.

Again, if I were you, I would wait a little bit if you really have to root as the n7105 has not yet gotten a much wider support as the n7100 on xdadevelopers.

Finally, since android is open source, you can achieve much even without rooting the phone. But the choice is yours though.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by bokmal(m): 12:57am On Nov 25, 2012
joanana:

same here!!! will stick with s3 wink

Fits in mine.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by jimjones: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2012
Bandit C.:

Yeah Bros, as I understand, the n7105 is the LTE model and I would advice against rooting it for now especially if you got it through contract. Mine is the international model n7100.

I never buy phones through contracts, I just pay for it and move on. That way, I can afford to bear the consequences should anything occur after rooting or jailbreaking it.

Again, if I were you, I would wait a little bit if you really have to root as the n7105 has not yet gotten a much wider support as the n7100 on xdadevelopers.

Finally, since android is open source, you can achieve much even without rooting the phone. But the choice is yours though.

oh no, mine is sim-free...i don't do contracts either. so i'm planning to use Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package for n7105, albeit, i'm willing to wait until the results from extensive tests prove to be as positive as the n7100's.

thanks for your response, though.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Tokotaya: 10:48am On Nov 26, 2012
jim jones:

oh no, mine is sim-free...i don't do contracts either. so i'm planning to use Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package for n7105, albeit, i'm willing to wait until the results from extensive tests prove to be as positive as the n7100's.

thanks for your response, though.
Rooting is a shot in the dark, people. You can hit, and you can miss, with a lot of headache.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by joanana(f): 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Try and check it really well and buy with care . . . Check for yourself how much Samsung itself is selling and do the MATH.

Samsung price is higher. The galaxy s3 is sold at 98k while note 2 is sold for 100 n..k . It is expensive!!!! I will advice u buy ur phone where u r sure of warranty wink wink wink wink
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
joanana:

Samsung price is higher. The galaxy s3 is sold at 98k while note 2 is sold for 100 n..k . It is expensive!!!! I will advice u buy ur phone where u r sure of warranty wink wink wink wink

I wont even be caught up dead buying almost anything brand new in Nigeria except imported, cos most coy has found a way to make money in Nigeria by selling to Nigeria substandard since all "most" Nigerians cares about is cheap stuff and not quality
I do export phones and buy phones in Canada and USA to Nigeria and i know what the prices are like . . . . But thanks for the advice
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by joanana(f): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I wont even be caught up dead buying almost anything brand new in Nigeria except imported, cos most coy has found a way to make money in Nigeria by selling to Nigeria substandard since all "most" Nigerians cares about is cheap stuff and not quality
I do export phones and buy phones in Canada and USA to Nigeria and i know what the prices are like . . . . But thanks for the advice

I went to Samsung office and asked for Red Samsung galaxy s3, its sold for 120k while the pebble blue is sold for 98k. i told them that slot sells s3 pebble blue 88k n they were surprise n now m really confused. undecided
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2012
joanana:

I went to Samsung office and asked for Red Samsung galaxy s3, its sold for 120k while the pebble blue is sold for 98k. i told them that slot sells s3 pebble blue 88k n they were surprise n now m really confused. undecided
Hmmm, why would that be? Shady deals?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
better buy the one at 88k.

believe you me, there is NO DIFFERENCE no matter where u buy in lagos.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
4llerbuntu: better buy the one at 88k.

believe you me, there is NO DIFFERENCE no matter where u buy in lagos.
same goes for the note 2, right? 94k in slot
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
joanana:

I am glad you were able to check and see it too, cos it is just amazing how SLOT is able to sell cheaper than even the manufacturer but in Nigeria, anything is possible . . .
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by joanana(f): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am glad you were able to check and see it too, cos it is just amazing how SLOT is able to sell cheaper than even the manufacturer but in Nigeria, anything is possible . . .

abi ooooo, i tire jare!!!! I used to trust slot cos that was where i got my Nokia E72 n its till working till date despite the hacking , Symbian experiments and it has fallen into the bucket of water like 7 times n i have never taken it to a repairer . Anyway, my girlfriend had an incident with her Nokia N900 in 2010. She bought the phone in slot , 3 months later , it developed software problem. so m really scared!!! make i no hear gist for my S3 o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
joanana:

abi ooooo, i tire jare!!!! I used to trust slot cos that was where i got my Nokia E72 n its till working till date despite the hacking , Symbian experiments and it has fallen into the bucket of water like 7 times n i have never taken it to a repairer . Anyway, my girlfriend had an incident with her Nokia N900 in 2010. She bought the phone in slot , 3 months later , it developed software problem. so m really scared!!! make i no hear gist for my S3 o grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol . . . when you ready to get an S3 come and talk to me and will get you the best for less from Canada
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . when you ready to get an S3 come and talk to me and will get you the best for less from Canada
can i contact you too for a note 2? smiley

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by joanana(f): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Please check ur mail box. wink wink wink
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
ciphoenix: can i contact you too for a note 2? smiley

For now, i cant match the price for Note2 at the rate SLOT is selling . . .
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
joanana:

Please check ur mail box. wink wink wink

Checking and will get back to you
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

For now, i cant match the price for Note2 at the rate SLOT is selling . . .
how much higher?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
ciphoenix: how much higher?

I cant get you a NOTE2 for 115K Naira . . . BTW, i have one Note1 in Nigeria now and willing to sell for only 68K Naira
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I cant get you a NOTE2 for 115K Naira . . . BTW, i have one Note1 in Nigeria now and willing to sell for only 68K Naira
perhaps i'll wait a lil longer grin. Gracias though
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
ciphoenix: perhaps i'll wait a lil longer grin. Gracias though

I am sure the price will soon drop a little
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos by ciphoenix: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
really hoping it gets to 5 digits soon smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars) / MTN Apologises For Network Glitch / Unusable Airtime Bonus From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.