Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,091 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria (13672 Views)

Most Fun, Most Weird, And Most Dangerous Jobs Around The World. / Telecom, It, Computer Jobs In Nigeria / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by Kassidy90(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
Medical laboratory practitioners, Medical doctors, Nurses....Due to exposure to bio -hazards
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by paris10: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
acidtalk: MOST DANGEROUS JOBS IN NIGERIA

* Tanker Driver
* Police Officer
* Telecommunication Mast Engineers
* Pilot and Air Hostess
* PHCN Field Engineers
* Fire Fighters
* Sky Scrapper Engineer / Workers
* Navy
* Construction Workers
* Sea Divers
* Bodyguard
* Army
* Sailors
* Container and Heavy Load Offloaders
* Heavy Truck Driver
* Oil Rig Engineers
* Highway Cleaners
* Interstate Drivers
* Election Officials

Feel free to add more on the list.

You see all the highlighted ones above abi, now tell me, how are these the most dangerous jobs in Nigeria?

-Have you ever heard of any Nigerian Navy getting killed whilst on duty?
-When last did you hear of a sinking ship that you put sailors in those categories?
-You even said Army.. Nigerian Army are always in their quarters, barracks, and most times on the streets harassing people. The ones that goes to Somalia comes back rich.
-Pilots & their w.h.o.r.e loves this job till death. The most fun-loving job there is. Of-course occasional death wouldn't scare anyone from becoming one.
-PHCN field officers derives pleasure in cutting power, whenever they get beaten, they come back fully loaded..you ain't having power for a long time.
-Construction workers are strong and experienced. However, no job is 100% safe without occasional mishap.
-Police of all people. how many police officer die everyday in Nigeria? Rather, you hear police killing people. Nigerian police rarely put their lives on the line unlike their US, UK counterpart.

What you've failed to mention are the street hawkers, the prostitutes, the manual river-sand extractors, logging workers, fisher men, Miners, Roofers, being the first lady of Nigeria and still be sane, being the President and not loot, being a Pastor and not think of buying a jet or building a 20 rooms apartment, and lastly, living in Nigeria.

If you'd said Most Dangerous Jobs in the World, then I'd agreed with your post!.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by dnawah(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
I.S machine operator(machine that is use to produce bottles)
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by katolistic(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
What of Okada Riders...very dangerous....it is confirmed with just a visit to Igbobi Orthopedic Hospital.....
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by gbrown(m): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
acidtalk: MOST DANGEROUS JOBS IN NIGERIA

* Tanker Driver
* Police Officer
* Telecommunication Mast Engineers
* Pilot and Air Hostess
* PHCN Field Engineers
* Fire Fighters
* Sky Scrapper Engineer / Workers
* Navy
* Construction Workers
* Sea Divers
* Bodyguard
* Army
* Sailors
* Container and Heavy Load Offloaders
* Heavy Truck Driver
* Oil Rig Engineers
* Highway Cleaners
* Interstate Drivers
* Election Officials

Feel free to add more on the list.
my job is by far d most dangerous, i,m a telecoms engineer installing for virtually all gsm operators,oftentimes i work on a tower as high as 120m fixing very large radio microwaves as much as 3m,2.4m,1.2m and 1.8m microwaves dish,bros it,s no childsplay working at that height,payment in Nigeria is very poor compared to other countries, some chaps i,ve worked alongside with have fallen off from such height,some survived some are dead now, we are not even insured, my girlfriend once paid a visit to site,she saw me working at that height, she wept and kept asking if this is how i make my money?till date i refused to tell my mum d nature of my job, bros my job is a constant romance with death daily.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by opone72: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
Then which job is safe?
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
agbero/area boiz/ street urchins
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by xcitedjay(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
valicious1:
Acidtalk's thread is about the most dangerous jobs in Nigeria, some confused fellow here talks about joblessness as the most dangerous job & more confused foooolz are applauding & " liking" the slowpoke. How can joblessness be a job. Nigerians love celebrating thrash.
You're the only slowpoke I see here. You lack understanding, FOH and go pray for it.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by jpilata(m): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
u miss to add boka haram
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by larrymoore(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Boko informant is damgerous o!
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by SlyIg(f): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
valicious1:
Acidtalk's thread is about the most dangerous jobs in Nigeria, some confused fellow here talks about joblessness as the most dangerous job & more confused foooolz are applauding & " liking" the slowpoke. How can joblessness be a job. Nigerians love celebrating thrash.
Don't always be too serious at all times Oga. Try to make fun out of something and laugh so that you can increase your life span please. Thanks.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by youi: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
There is no job,dat is not dangerious. mind u......
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by Afodot0022(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
being a bank staff is risky cos wen them boys come , omo na wahala be that. I pray there wont be robbery case in my branch while am stil there. Now that christmas don come, banks are mostly d target.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by DanIlon(m): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Job to feeding lion in zoo is more most danger over all list finish!
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by xyoung: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
Agbero job is d most dangerous job
Trust me mortuary attendant is anoda deadly job because spirits can hail you any day
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by azzypandes(m): 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bit still some of u guys dat going to grab dis job if u aint gat choice and they come ur way,or u like to take chelsea job?den prepare for pressure,tension,and temperature,b4 u get sacked after 4month
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by mykebelas: 12:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Contract staff with Nigeria banks. What is obtainable can make u die of frustration
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by Ticklishmummy(f): 1:14am On Nov 25, 2012
Every job comes with its own risks/dangers hence the term occupational hazard.Just that some jobs pose more risks in comparison to others.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by daroz(m): 6:12am On Nov 25, 2012
gbrown:
my job is by far d most dangerous, i,m a telecoms engineer installing for virtually all gsm operators,oftentimes i work on a tower as high as 120m fixing very large radio microwaves as much as 3m,2.4m,1.2m and 1.8m microwaves dish,bros it,s no childsplay working at that height,payment in Nigeria is very poor compared to other countries, some chaps i,ve worked alongside with have fallen off from such height,some survived some are dead now, we are not even insured, my girlfriend once paid a visit to site,she saw me working at that height, she wept and kept asking if this is how i make my money?till date i refused to tell my mum d nature of my job, bros my job is a constant romance with death daily.
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2012
Every job has it own risk in Nigeria
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by BelloDare: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
Police informant grin
Re: Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria by vet707(m): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]

1. Okada riders - cos of †ђξ % of accidents they do have.
2. Local night guards - they usually d 1st point of call for robbers nasty onslaught.
3. Veterinary doctors - dey have †ђξ obligation of attending to all animals dat can't be predicted & also risk d problems associated with zoonosis.
4. Prostitutes - risks associated with ritualists, sexual assaults and STDs
5. Shareholder for nigerian banks on stock exchange - ur guess as GƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡D̶̲̥̅̊ as mine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: 925 Names Smuggled Into Constable List - PSC / Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? / How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.