Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22230 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by comechop(m): 5:30am On Nov 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Typical.
You criticize something or someone and you are immediately branded 'a hater.'

Think for yourself, clowns.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 5:46am On Nov 25, 2012
comechop: [size=14pt]Typical.
You criticize something or someone and you are immediately branded 'a hater.'

Think for yourself, clowns.[/size]
exactly!

At no time did I say they weren't creative. Heck, I love those niggers. But the truth must be said! They copy tunes a lot! #gbam
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by azimibraun: 5:52am On Nov 25, 2012
No Idea is original.. Dia is nothing new under D sun.. Its nt what u do.. Bt hw it is done. Nasir Jones. So mk una talk hw p square dey do am instead.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Hemanwel(m): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2012
OP,am still wondering;am still thinking how on earth ALINGO(weda the video or the song),is related to Timaya's SHAKE YOUR BUM BUM or Chuddy's GAGA CRAZY.
This is nothing but perfect hatred ur exhibiting,walahi!
My advice to you is that you stop hating.
U BAGA!!
Those guys deserve National Award,abeg!

3 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by azimibraun: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2012
And in my candid opinion, P square no suppose belong to dis kind Alingo class anymore. U don create ur own words or phrase all d time 2 do short cut music. Use words and phrases knw 2 everybody 2 do do magic. What is Alingo? What tribe? Dey cld still do a song on iconic Boy Alinco and we wll all clap and say" ah boy alico" dt funnt skiny character back in d day.. P square pass dis alingo thing.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by azimibraun: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2012
P square Alingo and Naeto C and Dbanj tony montana..while Tony Montana doesn't need any explanation because of the Legendary Tony" al pacino" Montana, Alingo needs all d explanation because I dnt knw who Alingo ws, or is. U see wt I mean?w
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by vykte(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2012
call it whatever u like those guys are top notch... U are just tryna create a fuss where there is non... U shud ve been appreciative of d skill/energy put in rebranding d azonto dance or talk about d fantastic job Clarence Peter and Jude Okoyë did...instead u opted for d tomfoolery way! #typical mofo
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Akbee(m): 6:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Hey bro,they duos aint the only nigerian musicians in the scene.infact,eigthy percents of nigerian musician find prominence,popularity and pleasure in these acts.dat why they cant even stand a chance of wining the grammy.
By the way,do u think music is an easy venture?have u ever sang or led in praise and worship in ur church,sorry if u are a muslim,traditionalist or a God dosnt exist advocate
The basis of my argument is simple,perfection is just fantasy,it dosnt exist.no one is an epitome of this expression.hence dont ever expect anything to be original EVERYTHING IS AN IMPROVED VERSION OF A SIMILAR THING.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by nnatobryno(m): 6:29am On Nov 25, 2012
bad belle go kill u. Muumuu go copy and buy ur own jet if it's easy...p square hater. If u have personal beef wiF dem settle it outside NL and stop poisoning ppl's mind

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Onyeasi(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by shyna501: 6:43am On Nov 25, 2012
REALITY101:

Bless you bro! I'm a fan because of their beautiful onyinye song "the original not the remix with that fatass dirty akata dude with bre ast bigger than my ex's" truth be told, they copy aaaaaa lllllloooooot. Few days ago I saw the video on a friends Facebook page and said just about the same thing and nigga got mad. This alingaa, alingo or whatever meaningless crap it is is just pure copy of azonto the Ghana song.

Nope I'm not a hater I am just being honest, I can't hate on em why? Because they've got nothing that I can't afford right at this moment. Please someone need to advice them smiley

"Dey've got notin dat ​i can't afford"... So Ʊ mean Ʊ can buy private jet?
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by menix(m): 6:49am On Nov 25, 2012
No wonder golden pasta nd mimi copied indomie.
Abeg all dis copy right detective mk una find somfin worthy copy.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by kunzel(m): 6:50am On Nov 25, 2012
shyna501:
They don't have a private jet.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by menix(m): 6:51am On Nov 25, 2012
shyna501:

Dat guy is high on alingo snuff...
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Sheuns(m): 6:54am On Nov 25, 2012
chino24: Psquare is the best and brightest in Africa, the African Usher..

Other Nigerian singers are just kpamgolo..
where would you place 2face? Behind them, think well my guy
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by swaggie(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com
yeah..p-spuare is fond of doing dat..dat's how they copied usher's "yeah"ft ludacris in their song "get squared"....remember
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by alarm4: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2012
P2 guyz ve been doing the same style of beat of evry year ..the worst part is whn they were feature in 1 of the Bracket song ,,,so wack
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by labamo07(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2012
Each time you copy a fellow' act, change your status to "copying things"..... Yeye at its peak
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 25, 2012
REALITY101:

Bless you bro! I'm a fan because of their beautiful onyinye song "the original not the remix with that fatass dirty akata dude with bre ast bigger than my ex's" truth be told, they copy aaaaaa lllllloooooot. Few days ago I saw the video on a friends Facebook page and said just about the same thing and nigga got mad. This alingaa, alingo or whatever meaningless crap it is is just pure copy of azonto the Ghana song.

Nope I'm not a hater I am just being honest, I can't hate on em why? Because they've got nothing that I can't afford right at this moment. Please someone need to advice them smiley
Can you afford a N100 mil mansion? A brand new jet? Or even a tour to Sierra leone, zim, Sa in one year?? undecided ans is No. So where d hell are yu in comparism wit 'em boys?? Even a blind man cn see hw much jealousy yu hav 4 dese boys, go sing yur own if not Shut yur yak! Olodo
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com

MI and Ice prince dey copy Kanye west style...What of Wizkid wey dey copy sean kingston...Da grin when he was alive ,dey copy 50cent. what of Banky W ,wey copy Rihana's "umbrella" and convert am to "Ebuta meta"…the list is endless , i can go on and on.

you bad belle people , said its Timaya's "shake bum bum" & "sexy ladies", that psquare copied. And now your saying its chudyk

You haters, are suprised that all the musicians that started with psquare don fade and psquare is still making it.

if psquare dey do copy copy, then why did universal music group sign them.

Psquare can never fade, cos they no get one pattern. some musicians don imitate dbanj, 2face, nigga raw, wizkid etc but you cant imitate psquare , cos their style no get one pattern.

4 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2012
Sheuns: where would you place 2face? Behind them, think well my guy

your the one who should think well…when was the last time 2face album sold up to a million copies or his video on youtube got over a million viewers.

please stop hating. 2face no even reach Timaya half, not to talk of psquare.

2face is broke. Timaya can buy him ten times over , not to talk of psquare(the only african musicians that own a private jet)
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

MI and Ice prince dey copy Kanye west style...What of Wizkid wey dey copy sean kingston...Da grin when he was alive ,dey copy 50cent. what of Banky W ,wey copy Rihana's "umbrella" and convert am to "Ebuta meta"…the list is endless , i can go on and on.

you bad belle people , said its Timaya's "shake bum bum" & "sexy ladies", that psquare copied. And now your saying its chudyk

You haters, are suprised that all the musicians that started with psquare don fade and psquare is still making it.

if psquare dey do copy copy, then why did universal music group sign them.

Psquare can never fade, cos they no get one pattern. some musicians don imitate dbanj, 2face, nigga raw, wizkid etc but you cant imitate psquare , cos their style no get one pattern.

obonte, i take it u know nuffin about music. Banky W's copying Rihanna's Umbrella was so obvious a spoof that u cannot accuse him of blatant copywriting. What he did there was transplanting, and we generally do not consider such songs album-worthy.

Psquare, on d other hand, coyly copy tunes from other artistes and pass it off as theirs in their albums! I mean, it's like going to the trashcan to dig up the leftover apple.

With respect to MI 'copying' Kanye et al, I say no. They aren't. Artistes need mentors, and Kanye jst happens to be MI's. He may sound like Kanye sometimes because Kanye rubbed off on him, but u will agree that MI is a unique rapper on his own

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2012
in a nutshell, copying style is great. Most artistes would never have 'blown' without having a mentor whose style they copied.

Copy whole tunes off other people's songs (while pretending not to do so), now that sucks.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adicious(m): 7:58am On Nov 25, 2012
caseless: Na TIMAYA's 'shake ur bum-bum' dem steal kind of....
same thing on my mind.....
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Hemanwel(m): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2012
"A critic is the man who knows the way but cannot drive the car".
Haters of P-Square make una sef go copy oh!Make we hear word

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 8:07am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

your the one who should think well…when was the last time 2face album sold up to a million copies or his video on youtube got over a million viewers.

please stop hating. 2face no even reach Timaya half, not to talk of psquare.

2face is broke. Timaya can buy him ten times over , not to talk of psquare(the only african musicians that own a private jet)

My guy there's something called dignity in arts including music.You can sell 10million albums like Vanilla Ice or Mc Hammer but you can't get respect. P-square is doing great and are probably wealthy but 2face is a young living legend. Timaya only did one classic album and that's "Dem Mama" but 2face keeps dropping classics. Listen to "Rain drops" and connect the lyrics to 2face real life experience and advice to other young men to zip up or face same experience. You can listen to many of his songs that touch your particular mood of the time.

So brother forget about sales and youtube views and appreciate contents and longevity. Only two Nigerian songs are African classics of this era; 2face "African Queen" and Flavour's "Nwa Baby"(Which is a remix of an older classic).

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2012
adjain:

obonte, i take it u know nuffin about music. Banky W's copying Rihanna's Umbrella was so obvious a spoof that u cannot accuse him of blatant copywriting. What he did there was transplanting, and we generally do not consider such songs album-worthy.

Psquare, on d other hand, coyly copy tunes from other artistes and pass it off as theirs in their albums! I mean, it's like going to the trashcan to dig up the leftover apple.

With respect to MI 'copying' Kanye et al, I say no. They aren't. Artistes need mentors, and Kanye jst happens to be MI's. He may sound like Kanye sometimes because Kanye rubbed off on him, but u will agree that MI is a unique rapper on his own

your a big liar…stop deceiving yourself.

MI and his partner Ice prince , dey copy kanye west, and you know it.stop lying.

As for banky w, what if psquare did the same thing banky w did. i know that all of you haters will say that Psquare no get talent. but now your defending banky.(its not fair)

i can see you hate psquare for no reason...but remember that "hate" is sin. its not good to hate my brother.

you hate Psquare and you envy their success ,cos they are not from your tribe.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Redman44(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2012
There is nothing new under the sun. What matters is the presentation and new ideas that are added to an existing song or lyric. Most of the foreign artistes we admire in Nigeria also sample and copy from music of the 50's, 60's and 70's. What they do is that they infuse their own ideas, beats, Rap bars and choruses into the songs and pronto, we have a new song cool cool 8. Like I said earlier on, it is presentation that matters. Cheers.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by mercurie(f): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2012
chino24: Psquare is the best and brightest in Africa, the African Usher..
Other Nigerian singers are just kpamgolo..

I wud love 2 tell u 2 keep mute.
TU FACE is a mature and cute singer
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by kely4oly(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2012
Pls if u think is so easy to copy and deliver pls do let's see how it comes out. All u haters of hard work. If u don't know what to say why don't u just don't say anything. Copycat my foot. The guys are gOod joor.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Even P. Diddy was accused of the same thing for much of his stay as the undisputed industry leader in Hip Hop music making - particularly in the late 1990s. That didn't take anything away from his game. I'm not concerned about P-Square's supposed lack of originality. As long as they make music that appeals to people, and they make bread as a result, I'm fine with that.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by shevon: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2012
sambussie: They r truely kings of copy & mix.

They don't Wanna b left out in dis azonto era.
But no matter †ђз nonsense they sing, 9ja pple go rush am.
I luv dem "businesswise" sha
*Ama yoruba boy wth ibo sense* grin

If e no be Panadol, e no fit be like Panadol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? / AFRIMMA 2020: Full List Of Winners (burna Boy, Simi, Rema, Other Nigerians Win)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.