Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22234 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

WHO'S YOUR DADDY? grin grin
SAY MY NAME? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?

I SAID...SAY MYNAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pervert. embarassed embarassed
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by hugafella(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
these groups of haters will never go out there and do anything. They will just stay on nairaland and just keep talking rubbish! go and earn money and stop making noise here.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dotcomnamename: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
This topic is a straight pointer of been jealous.
If you're not jealous of this duo, simply walk into the studio and record just a song
After you done, carefully look for the nearest TRANSFOMER in your street area and have a nice hurg..
NONSENSE Topic...

7 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by WarriPikin1: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com

This crap you wrote is the definition of BAD BELLE grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Remmyy: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
They've been doing this for years.
Their 'More than a friend' Track = Mario - Let me love you
listen to both tracks and tell me the difference?
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Slimboy94(m): 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

your the one who should think well…when was the last time 2face album sold up to a million copies or his video on youtube got over a million viewers.

please stop hating. 2face no even reach Timaya half, not to talk of psquare.

2face is broke. Timaya can buy him ten times over , not to talk of psquare(the only african musicians that own a private jet)

Both peter and paul joined together does nt worth what 2face i sworth so u nid to do findings b4 u talk
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
Remmyy: They've been doing this for years.
Their 'More than a friend' Track = Mario - Let me love you
listen to both tracks and tell me the difference?

My point exactly.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by melodyirish(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
Poster if you don't like it, break your tv cheesy
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
I heard dat a nigerian actress took her song 2 dem 2 help her finish n guess wat dey did, dey took it 2 deir studio n did d song
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ROCKJ1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nigerians should learn to appreciate their own. Go to Kenya and south africa ... Psquare is worshipped there.they play their songs even in their clubs and people scream whenever their songs come up. These boys are good. Whether copied or not there is no original song these days they all sound alike.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by kidsremi: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
More than 90percent of songs(local and international) sounds alike these days. Why are u picking on Ps...the op is just a hater n he wants everybody 2 do same.mind you,most people knows them 4 who they are and still loves them all the same undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by princemaicheal: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
It's a shame that instead of engagin in a more productive venture u are here hatin a successfull artíst.This people are success stories not by hatin Remedis or Plantashun Boys,but by HARD work and perseverence and you are here questionin there integrity.Anyway,am wishing u well in ur attempt at discreditin them jus to make them unpopular.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Samunosuke(m): 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
I don't know why some people take criticism of celebrities personal. No one is hating on them. Yes, artists these days take elements and inspiration from other artists. The problem starts when you have a particular person mixing and matching elements from several artists to make their songs. I personally like the song, copied or not (who REALLY cares coz at the end of the day,they are making their money) but my 1st reaction to the video was that the dance was copied from Natasha's Sidekick.

TL:DR P-Square copy a lot.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
LOOOOL

All these mindless P-Square fans on here are all agitated. Go and sleep, all of you. Shoooo! Those Peter and Paul nigglets are copy-cats, and they do it shame-facedly.

That said, Nigeria is not a good country for judging music based on followership. I mean, this is a country where Terry G's "Free Madness" was a smashing hit. And, yes, that was crap too. P-Square making hits doesn't mean their songs are good. It just means we have collectively done what we know how to do best : wriggle and writhe to junk

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by veraponpo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
nnatobryno: bad belle go kill u. Muumuu go copy and buy ur own jet if it's easy...p square hater. If u have personal beef wiF dem settle it outside NL and stop poisoning ppl's mind

Na only jet? You people should grow up. No Nigerian artiste has a private jet. You think a jet is N1B or N500m? P square is not even worth N1B let alone N4B for the cheapest jet. For maintenance and parking extra N200m. They hired a jet not own a jet. They wan die? Na stunt and packaging. Just like D'banj and Genevive relationship saga. Grow up man dont just be a baby that can be deceived any time. Try to be analytical on your own. They dont need to tell you that.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
She gat me dancing aLingo, and d way dah she moving her windo, adondo adondo. Cuz tonight, I dunno know wah I will buy, raise ur hands up in d sky.

If sum1 can transLate dis in good n clear engLish, I'd be sincereLy gratefuL.

If no1 can. Den psquare sings crap angry

DeaL wiv it undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Arsenate(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
TuFace>>>>P-square
Just saying
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
All Naija songs sound the same..
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by BodyKiss(m): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
kenbee: I see nothing here than bad belle & the usual nairaland bring him down act.

Why is it that whenever someone makes constructive criticism, it becomes bad belle?
And twelve dundies liked it.

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by toprealman: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
What is the crime in celebrating these guys that have been consistent in giving us something good to listen to all these years?

If you are into music, you will realise that there is nothing like an 'original song'' so to speak.

While I commend you for your effort in marketing Chuddy K, in future never sell a brand by denigrating other brands.

FYI, P- Square and Chuddy K are not in the same league by any standard. Check your record books if in doubt, that's why I love 'bookkeeping'.......Facts and Figures!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Toprealman, I ain't marketing Chuddy-K. I don't even know the bloke.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by duddey(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
Copy or no copy,,,just one sincere prayer my fellow nairalanders...may God bless our hustle!! One thing I appreciate 9jerians for,is dat they rally round dere own regardless the nonsense we listen to dis dayz!!thumbs of 2d entertainment industry "alleviating poverty wit som styles in 9ja"!!u can just imagine what would av been d lots of most 9jerians if entertainment av bin on d back foot in dis country!! NIGERIA..'Man gats hustle hard'..dis men u talkin 'bout are living d good life!!God bless 9ja,God bless us all!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:
This topic is a straight pointer of been jealous.
If you're not jealous of this duo, simply walk into the studio and record just a song
After you done, carefully look for the nearest TRANSFOMER in your street area and have a nice hurg..
NONSENSE Topic...

I can bet mah last penny dat u copied dis comment 4rm sumbody, cuz d dotcom_na_me dat I know cannot make a compLete sentence without Gbagaunizing grin

I talk ​A̶̲̥̅̊
♏.Hurg gringringrin

#no offence undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
duddey: Copy or no copy,,,just one sincere prayer my fellow nairalanders...may God bless our hustle!! One thing I appreciate 9jerians for,is dat they rally round dere own regardless the nonsense we listen to dis dayz!!thumbs of 2d entertainment industry "alleviating poverty wit som styles in 9ja"!!u can just imagine what would av been d lots of most 9jerians if entertainment av bin on d back foot in dis country!! NIGERIA..'Man gats hustle hard'..dis men u talkin 'bout are living d good life!!God bless 9ja,God bless us all!

God bless you for that!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
dopeJemi:

I can bet mah last penny dat u copied dis comment 4rm sumbody, cuz d dotcom_na_me dat I know cannot make a compLete sentence without Gbagaunizing grin

I talk ​A̶̲̥̅̊
♏.Hurg gringringrin

#no offence undecided

Hehehehehe. You know am reach house
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Revolva(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
Alingo video is a smoking video very articulate and I passed it the best in naija for now everything about the video goes along with the song - too perfect -if the like let dem bring alangba dance dem go sell make moulah una dey here dey talk trash like say una no no where una dey - naija rubbish sells
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by donotbanme1: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
kenbee: I see nothing here than bad belle & the usual nairaland bring him down act.

Me too. P-square is making their money and these guys are idle ranting.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
rman: Is truelove.com Peter or Paul Okoye?

Who do you think i am?…follow your heart
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Bosman84: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Either dy copy or not,diz guys ar great.Dis is the period of AZONTO...ALINGO...ANYTIN GO tinz..Alot of artist out there trying 2 sing theirs....ALINGO VIDEO...mehnn alot of energy in it.No one of itz kind.@Psq..thumbs up.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ucnduka(f): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
Why are people just screaming bad belle all over the thread? The poster jst said an established fact abt p-square and he didn't deny the fact that they are talented...in just d same way he would have said dey are wealthy...abeg all these people screaming 'haters' should go and drink bleach cos u can't stand the truth...my own ish with dis post is dt dis issue has been overflogged,we are used to d copying
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
adjain:

Hehehehehe. You know am reach house

No oh, I dey see e comments welLa 4 threads
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Aifey(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ther first album was stol. "Where were u last nite" olee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? / AFRIMMA 2020: Full List Of Winners (burna Boy, Simi, Rema, Other Nigerians Win)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.