Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,267 members, 7,954,039 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa (48690 Views)

Looking For Nigerians Living In Bellville Cape Town South Africa / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / Cape Town Gallery: Pictures of Cape Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by profb: 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
I didn't see any single okada on those roads South African roads,...hmmm,then BRF must be doing a great job with okada
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by AjanleKoko: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
afam4eva:
If you disagree with me then say it. We're all here to learn.

Look, I was in Cape Town as recent as 10 days ago. I have been there numerous times.
I know the place inside out. Where do I start from? It's built in the style of colonial Dutch buildings, like you'd find in some of those Carribean destinations, like St. Kitts.

Cape Town is not a major business hub, not at all. They have tourism (V&A Waterfront, Cape Point, Robben Island, Table Mountain, etc), Vineyards like Stellenbosch, and large-scale farming is there on the Western Cape. It's not like they have any state-of-the-art anything there.

Cape Town can never come close to a Shanghai, Singapore, or even the Miami you mentioned. Global city my behind. It's just a quiet city, in colonial style. Nothing major at all.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cape town stadiums: Greentpoint, Newlands and Athlone stadium during renovations.

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Look, I was in Cape Town as recent as 10 days ago. I have been there numerous times.
I know the place inside out. Where do I start from? It's built in the style of colonial Dutch buildings, like you'd find in some of those Carribean destinations, like St. Kitts.

Cape Town is not a major business hub, not at all. They have tourism (V&A Waterfront, Cape Point, Robben Island, Table Mountain, etc), Vineyards like Stellenbosch, and large-scale farming is there on the Western Cape. It's not like they have any state-of-the-art anything there.

Cape Town can never come close to a Shanghai, Singapore, or even the Miami you mentioned. Global city my behind. It's just a quiet city, in colonial style. Nothing major at all.

If Capetown is not a major business hub which i kinda reluctantly think it isns't, it means Miami is also not a major business hub. By even mentioning saying it's not a major business hub it means you believe it's a business hub. But i'm telling you that Calabar is not even a business hub not to talk of a regional business hub.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by AjanleKoko: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
afam4eva:
If Capetown is not a major business hub which i kinda reluctantly think it isns't, it means Miami is also not a major business hub. By even mentioning saying it's not a major business hub it means you believe it's a business hub. But i'm telling you that Calabar is not even a business hub not to talk of a regional business hub.

See the way you are glossing over CT.
If you see Miami, you''ll prolly suffer a coronary grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by ehispapa(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
Krucifax: Abuja
Keep showing us monuments ok....minister of internal afair. Abeg give us area view

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

See the way you are glossing over CT.
If you see Miami, you''ll prolly suffer a coronary grin
I know what Miami looks like and i believe it's a major business center just like capetown is a major business center relative to the country that it finds itself in.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by ehispapa(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
afam4eva:
That's the point i was also trying to make with Calabar. Calabar is more like secheles in my opinion but can't be like Capetown because unlike Calabar, Capetown has all the trappings of a global city and is still a tourism center. Capetown has many 5 star hotels and resort centers but i don't know how many Calabar has.
not one
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I dare you to lie.
Have you ever been to Miami or Cape Town?
I've answered you before. Check the previous pages.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Vincent41(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
shymexx: Whoa! - Amazing pictures....

The city looks more beautiful than London...

Definitely wanna visit the place - viva South Africa..

aso rock fine pass am
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by totalbaby(f): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cape town is really the most beautiful place ever. People are so friendly and the beaches are wow. You should have show camps bay. Very beautiful place
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by naffysa(f): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
just like abuja
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
Vincent 4:

aso rock fine pass am

Lmao..
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by AjanleKoko: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I've answered you before. Check the previous pages.

Answer me again please. I can't be looking for your previous posts. Simple yes or no will suffice.
Have you physically visited those cities, not via Google Earth, but actually went there?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Answer me again please. I can't be looking for your previous posts. Simple yes or no will suffice.
Have you physically visited those cities, not via Google Earth, but actually went there?
afam4eva:
No i have not...Do i have to visit them to know about them? I've seen pictures and read about these places just like i'm doing to Cape Town right now. If you want to learn about any city, Wikipedia is your friend.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
Lmao... Afam... grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cape Transport

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
shymexx: Lmao... Afam... grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by totalbaby(f): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
he is telling the truth. I live in capetown and it is a beautiful place. Yes there are "bad" areas such as khayelitsha and gugulethu etc but overall if you look at the structures,roads,scenery etc you cannot compare
AjanleKoko:

I think you should stop posting, go and buy a ticket to visit Cape Town, then come back and post your findings.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Rooneyboy(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
Its a pity, I weep for my country.

And to think that south africa is not in anyway richer than Nigeria makes me soooo bitter
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by omenziate(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
O boy e, Naija journey still far die. Choi. Person from CT wey come Lag wit the way we dey exalt am fit tear person slap sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

27 Dead Ethiopians On Way To SA Dumped By Zambian Roadside (GRAPHIC PICS) / Ghana's Newly Built Airport Flooded / Dangote Truck Collides With Bus In Kogi, 13 People Burnt - Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.