Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. (17603 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / 80 Favorite Bible Verses You will Surely Fall In Love With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by ifeegee(f): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

You didnt read it. Mark is not old testament

Mark 14:51-52
A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his Unclad body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped na.ked.

The bible a is 2 edged sword,and can not be fathomed by a feeble mind.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Yep. Definitely read it mate. I've read it a lot of times. When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus. What's ur point? I don't get it?

The point is that these verses would expose the bible for the flawed book it is.

Unfortunately, they are avoided by pastors
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
lol... grin u are hilarious. I don't know what what evidence u have to base that statement upon, because my Pastor has preached about a lot of those topics. Furthermore, its not up to the pastor to tell u everything about God or to teach u the whole bible lol. Ppl need to read the bible themselves. smiley
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
lol... grin u are hilarious. I don't know what what evidence u have to base that statement upon, because my Pastor has preached about a lot of those topics. Furthermore, its not up to the pastor to tell u everything about the God or to teach u the whole bible lol. Ppl need to the bible themselves. smiley

Lies..........a christian resorting to lies when faced with an argument debunking the faith.

I would like to know how your pastor successfully constructed a discussion around the fact that God did not lik disabled people preaching

Deuteronomy 23:1
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose
male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lies..........a christian resorting to lies when faced with an argument debunking the faith.

I would like to know how your pastor successfully constructed a discussion around the fact that God did not lik disabled people preaching

Lol grin grin I love ppl like u wink. Yes my pastor have preached on a lot of them and ive read them myself numerous times. Deut 23:1 in the OT doesn't phase me, because there harsher verses than that in the OT. And they are reasons behind them. Thank God for Jesus eh... wink wink
BTW my faith in Jesus Christ is based on my personal encounter with Christ. His testimony in my life smiley.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Lol grin grin I love ppl like u wink. Yes my pastor have preached on a lot of them and ive read them myself numerous times. Deut 23:1 in the OT doesn't phase me, because there harsher verses than that in the OT. And they are reasons behind them. Thank God for Jesus eh... wink wink
BTW my faith in Jesus Christ is based on my personal encounter with Christ. His testimony in my life smiley.

Every smiley face you put seems to be a sign of confusion
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Every smiley face you put seems to be a sign of confusion

Lmao grin u are cracking me up. U are so funny grin BUT i have read ur personal text and i can see that u are confused and dont blame you because a lot of ppl fail to differential God from religion. Jesus wasn't religious. He just had a relationship with the Father and lived life pleasing to God. In fact he didn't relate well with the so call religious leaders . So dont blame man made religion on God. Religion was not created by God. I was created by man.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Lmao grin u are cracking me up. U are so funny grin BUT i have read ur personal text and i can see that u are confused and dont blame you because a lot of ppl fail to differential God from religion. Jesus wasn't religious. He just had a relationship with the Father and lived life pleasing to God. In fact he didn't relate well with the so call religious leaders . So dont blame man made religion on God. Religion was not created by God. I was created by man.

lolz....Jesus that quoted the scriptures and took care of a Synagogue wasnt religious?

Nothing was created by god. Your god doesnt exist
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Sweetgurl2(f): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolz....Jesus that quoted the scriptures and took care of a Synagogue wasnt religious?

Nothing was created by god. Your god doesnt exist

If u choose to force urself to believe that smiley
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Permnit me to help you out.......@ OP and everyone,

The bible is a compilation of God's thought in God's university. You don't expect one ONE student or ONE faculty in a university, do you The bible was written to two major groups but then, three namely,

The Jews
The Gentiles
The church of God.

Now, back to the topic, all scriptures quoted are under the old covenant wherein God found fault with the ONLY people He was dealing with at that time. Christianity wasn't in effect until the death of the testator.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Frostyzone(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: Permnit me to help you out.......@ OP and everyone,

The bible is a compilation of God's thought in God's university. You don't expect one ONE student or ONE faculty in a university, do you The bible was written to two major groups but then, three namely,

The Jews
The Gentiles
The church of God.

Now, back to the topic, all scriptures quoted are under the old covenant wherein God found fault with the ONLY people He was dealing with at that time. Christianity wasn't in effect until the death of the testator.
There are several others in the new testament I didn't quote because of space constraint.
But I did quote one from the book of Mark which is in the new testament. What other excuses do you have to give about that one?
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

I see that you read the bible "weedtrarily"

Lolgrin

Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
There are several others in the new testament I didn't quote because of space constraint.
But I did quote one from the book of Mark which is in the new testament. What other excuses do you have to give about that one?

Matthew to John is not NT by covenant, it was only NT by arrangement for purpose of simplicity. NT start in Acts. You want prove?
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Matthew to John is not NT by covenant, it was only NT by arrangement for purpose of simplicity. NT start in Acts. You want prove?

So Jesus is not part of the new testament?

How did you win religious poster of the year as a christian? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Frostyzone(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Yeah.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by tomzman: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
This is quite an interesting thread.I'm definitely following it.

@goshen.need your opinion on my thread on praying.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
Yeah.

New International Version (©1984)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep."

Hebrews 9:15-20

See how you bear this one first.... cool

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Frostyzone(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep."

Hebrews 9:15-20

See how you bear this one first.... cool
And how does this justifies your earlier statement:

Goshen360:
Matthew to John is not NT by covenant, it
was only NT by arrangement for purpose
of simplicity. NT start in Acts. You want
prove?
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
And how does this justifies your earlier statement:

Help me ask oooo!

Also ask how come his definition of the new testament (excluding Matthew to Luke) is without Jesus?
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Logicboy and Frostyzone,

There is what is called "chronological" arrangement - based on how books were written. The context of Matthew to John wasn't NT, but OT. Christ is the MEDIATOR of the NT and without the death of a testator, a testament is NOT in force. Under the chronological writings, Matthew to John was written AFTER the death but the context is DURING the earthly life of the testator. Do people write you biography when you are alive or does your will take effect when you are still alive?
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Frostyzone(m): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: @ Logicboy and Frostyzone,

There is what is called "chronological" arrangement - based on how books were written. The context of Matthew to John wasn't NT, but OT. Christ is the MEDIATOR of the NT and without the death of a testator, a testament is NOT in force. Under the chronological writings, Matthew to John was written AFTER the death but the context is DURING the earthly life of the testator. Do people write you biography when you are alive or does your will take effect when you are still alive?
O boy, you dey twist bible no bi small oo abeg.
So to your reasoning the book of Mathew to John doesn't have anything to do with Christ teachings, instead they were his life story...? Okay oo.
Since book of Mathew to John were Christ biography to mankind, why then do most Christian insist that the most beloved disciples of Jesus fall under that bracket?
So isn't it more logical that most of Christ teachings and doctrines should fall under that bracket as well.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: @ Logicboy and Frostyzone,

Kai, na religious poster of the year be this? grin

So all Jesus teachings and healing didnt take eefect when he was alive abi?

Look, you havent still given a valid reason why Matthew to John are not part of the new testament when they introduce Jesus
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone and Logicboy,

Matthew to John are foundational to the NT, they weren't written when Christ was physically alive. What you have in Matthew to John was fully developed in the epistles and fully revealed. This is not to throw the words of Christ away but what was meant in the words of Christ were revealed in the epistles. This is where the church of God belongs, not the OT. The NT church was revealed on the day of Pentecost.

I showed you from Hebrews that "the death of a testator MUST be proved in order to effect a testament" and Christ is the testator of the NT. So how can Matthew to John be NT when Christ still was physically alive then? All you have to do is bring up scriptures from Acts upward.

New Living Translation (©2007)

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth.

Hebrews 9:1
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone: The funny thing about church is that even after
years and year of attending you often end up
hearing about the same ten or fifteen stories,
only with a new twist on them each time.
Or better yet the preacher has his own moral
lesson he wants to teach and while he does it
picks out individual lines here and there from
the Bible. So you end up walking away with this
idea that the Bible is mostly stories of "God's"
love and how to be a good moral person.
Well that's because if anything other than those
handful of cherry-picked stories were peached
and the rest of the stories in the Bible were
taught in their entirety, people would go, "Are
these people insane?" and immediately walk out of the building.
Anyways, see the entire
list below. It's pretty damn funny -- well until you
realize people actually believe this stuff.
2 Kings 2:23-24
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
Mark 14:51-52
A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped na.ked.
Genesis 38:8-10
Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.”
Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.
1 Samuel 18:25-2
Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law.
Before the time had expired, David arose and
went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law.
And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.
Exodus 4:24-25
Now it came about at the lodging place on the
way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.”
Ezekiel 16:17
You also took the fine jewelry I gave you, the
jewelry made of my gold and silver, and you
made for yourself male idols and engaged in
prostitution with them.
Ezekiel 23:19-20
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their ge.nitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.
Judges 3:19-25
And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the
sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out.
Deuteronomy 25:11-12
If two men, a man and his countryman, are
struggling together, and the wife of one comes
near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his ge.nitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

Logicboy03:

So all Jesus teachings and healing didnt take eefect when he was alive abi?

Look, you havent still given a valid reason why Matthew to John are not part of the new testament when they introduce Jesus

Na wha for you ooooo. No worry...you will soon recover from the defeat...... grin

Cool down make you understand the point I'm making. All scriptures quoted by the OP and my point is to established that the OT did end in Malachi, it ended AFTER THE DEATH AND RESSURECTION OF CHRIST. Christ was born under the Old Testament and obey the OT because that was what was still in effect at the time Christ live.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
When the time came to completion, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law. -
Galatians 4:4
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Na wha for you ooooo. No worry...you will soon recover from the defeat...... grin

Cool down make you understand the point I'm making. All scriptures quoted by the OP and my point is to established that the OT did end in Malachi, it ended AFTER THE DEATH AND RESSURECTION OF CHRIST. Christ was born under the Old Testament and obey the OT because that was what was still in effect at the time Christ live.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
When the time came to completion, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law. -
Galatians 4:4

lolz about the election grin

On a serious note- the question you would have to then answer is that; did the law change when Jesus gave his sermons and parables or when he died/ressurected?

Because Jesus's teaching is what christians refer to.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by patrkq(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Be carefull.. All this rebellion against Jesus are signs of the END TIME... Repent o ye men of little faith..
Toor ar don talk my own
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

You, being a boy still; mentioned it first. I never did. Hence my reply...in jokes.... grin

Logicboy03:

Goshen360:

You shouldn't have brought that up in this thread in the first place. It's a past issue as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the thread/point please
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
jcf: Careful Guys, We are talking about God's word..

As in! I marvel at some people. God's word is not something to be toyed with. He who has ears, let him hear
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

You, being a boy still; mentioned it first. I never did. Hence my reply...in jokes.... grin

You shouldn't have brought that up in this thread in the first place. It's a past issue as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the thread/point please

When you are ready, you will address the salient point of my post
Logicboy03:

On a serious note- the question you would have to then answer is that; did the law change when Jesus gave his sermons and parables or when he died/ressurected?

Because Jesus's teaching is what christians refer to.

Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Okay, let's lay it down this way.....@ Logicboy,

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord'. But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; Matthew 5:33-34

Still under the OT, what do you think is going on here by Christ
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: Okay, let's lay it down this way.....@ Logicboy,

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord'. But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; Matthew 5:33-34

Still under the OT, what do you think is going on here by Christ

You are not making any sense bro.
Re: Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. by Goshen360(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
^^^ So my simple kweshion has suddenly defiled your "logic" .... grin. Answer that kweshion now before I flog you.... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Prophecy For 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.