Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,042 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Benitez Ranks Wenger Ahead Of Ferguson - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Benitez Ranks Wenger Ahead Of Ferguson (592 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Christian Benitez Dies At 27 (Ex-Birmingham Striker) / Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benitez Ranks Wenger Ahead Of Ferguson by ujchief(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
On his first full day in the Chelsea job, the Spaniard was greeted with a typical barb from his old sparring
partner Ferguson , who claimed he was "lucky" to be in a position to win a
second Club World Cup.
Benitez, however,
responded by talking
about how he ranked
Wenger above the
Manchester United
manager when he first came to England, and that any such comments were
only in reply to other
managers "pushing him".
"No, I don't enjoy that
[mind games]. I enjoy my team playing well and winning games. I have to defend my team, my club, so I cannot wait while they push and push,"
Benitez said.
"You're playing to win
trophies, and only one can win it. Some managers in the middle of the table
can be friendly, but only one wins it. People try to win in different ways. I like to respect people, but
sometimes I cannot
because they push you...
"There are a lot of good managers in the world, many who have won trophies. I don't like to talk about other managers. When I came to England I knew the other
managers. Arsene Wenger was the best manager who had been here for a
while. But I cannot talk about these things every day."

www.soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1237840/rafa-benitez:-i-ranked-arsene-wenger-above-sir-alex-ferguson?cc=3888

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Not Behind Arsenal 8 Year Trophy Drought / EXCLUSIVE;Arsenal Poised To Be Subjected To £1.5bn Takeover Bid From Middle East / The Transfer That Changed Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.