Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) (18079 Views)

PORT HARCOURT AIRPORT, NIGERIA IS THE WORLD'S WORST AIRPORT IN 2015 / Direction From Delta To Jigawa State / I Want to Travel to Jigawa State, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 6:44am On Dec 22, 2013
jigawa airport under construction.

Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah has said the Federal Government is very committed to the actualisation of the dream of Jigawa Airport project. The Minister spoke while on inspection tour of the progress of work on the project.
The Minister, who expressed happiness on the pace of work on the airport project, said the Federal government will do everything within its powers to support the laudable project of the Sule Lamido administration in the state.
The Minister said the airport, when completed would tremendously boost the economy of the state and its environs, adding that the Federal government would also construct a Perishable Cargo terminal to enhance the agricultural produce and commercial viability in the area.
She said Jigawa airport has the potential to become the Perishable Cargo hub in the region, adding that this will greatly enhance the income of farmers in the area who would have ready international markets for their produce.
She said the government was very proud of the milestones already achieved by governor Lamido in a little over eights months of the commencement of the project, and expressed the hope that the airport would commence full operations in the first quarter of 2014.
In his remarks, Lamido expressed happiness with the support his government has received from the federal government on the project, adding that at the pace work was being executed, the airport would be completed by the end of January 2014.
The governor agreed with Oduah that the airport would boost the economy of the state, adding that when completed, the airport would be the hub in the region in terms of agricultural produce export.
He disclosed that the project would cost the state government about 11 billion naira, stressing that the success achieved within eight months of the commencement of the project is a good example of what Nigeria and Nigerians can achieve with the right determination and focus.
Joe Obi
SA(Media) to Hon. Minister of Aviation
- See more at: http://naija247news.com/fg-committed-jigawa-airport-project-oduah/#.UrZ7_9JDuE5

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 6:46am On Dec 22, 2013
more

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 6:48am On Dec 22, 2013
jigawa airport

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 6:49am On Dec 22, 2013

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by 0key: 7:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Front page pls.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2013
In just 10 months the airport was completed to a stage that i could airlift pilgrims to mecca. And the governor spent only N11billion on the project.

This is why i am of the school of thought that every state in Nigeria should have its own airport, they don't have to break the bank to do it, Bauchi used 8 billion to build its own, and now lamido used 11 billion this proves that standard airports can be constructed at minimal cost in every state without one, upgrades can come later when they are needed. So all state governors that are using the no money excuse should STFU,

Kudos to Gov. Lamido and the people of jigawa.

Many are complaining that GEJ is not working yet under his leadership 4 state government has built their own airport, if this is not development then i dont know what is, for this is the first time in the history of the nation that state governments are doing as good.

7 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by manny4life(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2013
With the rate at which things are going, Vision 2020 will be achieved x2 cool

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by omenka(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2013
0key: Front page pls.

If I were the mods, I would ban for a couple of days anyone who says this on threads.

There is a thread dedicated to complaints and suggestions at the top of this board. Go there and make your suggestion and stop this irritating attitude already.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by holyvirgin: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Madam Stella Oduah mun gani aikin hanu ki a wanan wuri fa grin mun gode....

Beautiful, nice, and we say kudos to the present government of GEJ, governor of Jigawa and Oduah

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by omenka(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2013
If you guys like, post pictures of an airport she built on mars, what we know is that she's a crook who should be busy making markings and counting days on the walls of a jail cell.

PS: come oo, na my eyes dey decieve me abi dat man realy dey press her bobbie for the twelfth pishure

6 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by thunderclap(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life: With the rate at which things are going, Vision 2020 will be achieved x2 cool

your dreaming
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by 0key: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

If I were the mods, I would ban for a couple of days anyone who says this on threads.

There is a thread dedicated to complaints and suggestions at the top of this board. Go there and make your suggestion and stop this irritating attitude already.

one of the signs of a frustrated n bitter soul...finding faults where there are none

5 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2013
Some state governors are performing others are busy giving excuses. Gov. lamido has done a good job and should be comended for it. this airport will help improve the lives of the local farmers in jigawa state as it is going to house the perishable cargo terminal that will be used in exporting perishable agricultural products which that state is noted for.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by FunnyPikincom(m): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme: In just 10 months the airport was completed to a stage that i could airlift pilgrims to mecca. And the governor spent only N11billion on the project.
This is why i am of the school of thought that every state in Nigeria should have its own airport.

Kudos to Gov. Lamido and the people of jigawa.
Many are complaining that GEJ is not working yet under his leadership 4 state government has built their own airport, if this is not development then i dont know what is, for this is the first time in the history of the nation that state governments are doing as good.
So?? Na GEJ papa Money dem dey take build am? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:

So?? Na GEJ papa Money dem dey take build am? undecided undecided

yes, troll
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2013
Am still waiting for the nairalands E-Anti-Gej group
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by asala1: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2013
This airport was built completely by the Jigawa state government. So why are these people attributing the success to GEJ or Oduah? The praise should go solely to the State governor who was insulted ealier on this same forum by these same praise singers for misplacing priority.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2013
The Airport building governors are all PDP - jigawa, bauchi, delta and Akwa ibom. All APC airports are in the pipeline and yet APC calls themselves progressives. When in deed PDP are the ones progressing with development! UP fi di fi

10 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ignis: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life: With the rate at which things are going, Vision 2020 will be achieved x2 cool

It's not just by airports alone...
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka: If you guys like, post pictures of an airport she built on mars, what we know is that she's a crook who should be busy making markings and counting days on the walls of a jail cell.

PS: come oo, na my eyes dey decieve me abi dat man realy dey press her bobbie for the twelfth pishure
Same way OBJ, Femi Fani-Kayode and Bi-Courtney consortium should be in dungeon marking days and reading bible for forgiveness

4 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by magaliyu(f): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2013
Mind you,this airport is funded by jigawa state goverment and not by the federal government,the minister's visit is only an aviation technicality and politics.
Afterall Gov.Lamido is an APC Gov. in PDP Skin.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by simpleseyi: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2013
But this looter called Stella Oduah fine oo, I can't imagine myself sacking this type of oyoyo if I were Jonathan. Instead, I will redeploy her to Personal Assistant on Domestic Affairs. grin grin grin so that she can be working on my bed. tongue tongue

She is working and she is looting. I will give her 10% for work done and 90% for treasury looting.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by taharqa: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2013
asala1: This airport was built completely by the Jigawa state government. So why are these people attributing the success to GEJ or Oduah? The praise should go solely to the State governor who was insulted ealier on this same forum by these same praise singers for misplacing priority.
You are wrong, guy. The FG has so far contributed almost #1billion to this project, apart from other critical contributions like Waivers/tax reliefs for sm of d Equipments used in building d Airport. The FG wud also build one of d 9 Perishable Cargo Terminals she is building across d nation there if this article is anytin to go by (d most interesting part of d whole tin for me). Although Yes, much of d credit shld go to Gov Lamido and d Govt of Jigawa on this project of course...

4 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Energito: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2013
0key: Front page pls.
must everything make front page for you?

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:14am On Dec 22, 2013
Gather all our airports together, e no reach heathrow standard!!

But gather all the fortunes of our politicians, dt one reach feed the whole world!

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2013
cutting edge.. but there's room for improvement
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2013
Nice one.

If only development can go hand in hand with freedom,love,tolerance and unity of all.Hence Nigeria is on the verge of greatness.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by psyqs(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Am porting to jigawa state grin
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Ikengawo: 9:44am On Dec 22, 2013

just passing

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by gramci: 9:57am On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme: The Airport building governors are all PDP - jigawa, bauchi, delta and Akwa ibom. All APC airports are in the pipeline and yet APC calls themselves progressives. When in deed PDP are the ones progressing with development! UP fi di fi

Fashole built an imaginary Airport cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2013
This is a very nice development.me likey
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by moonraker(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2013
True story but even at its present state, this airport has the potential of being much better than MMIA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Berger, Lagos (Photos) / In Gombe, Van Kills 12 Children During Maulud Procession (Photos) / Video About Nigerians In India & Racism Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.