Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. (7363 Views)

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / Please Help A Job Seeker, Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by Kx: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
There is a time to start small but nothing beats pursuing one's passion.
He should nurture it.
If he picks the paid job, he just wont have time to perfect his skill.
Small scale buying and selling, no matter the [i]smallest nature of the scale [/i]while having time to perfect,make and market his artwork is far better than resuming early, close late in a tax man's office. Besides, he might be asked to go to work weekends and pub hols at the private firm.
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by ayox2003: 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
*Bsc Biz Admin
*Skilful in Arts.
*Has made some couple of bucks on his works before.
*Still single, I guess.

I don't know what's preventing him from starting an enterprise.

Here is a quote that matches his situation: Atimes ignorance begets more confidence than does knowledge.

Frawzey
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
If you channel your Energy to developing your craft, you will be both mentally and financialy free.
Do what most people won't do at this stage(ie stick with ur passion) and get on your way to greater things. Do what most people would do(ie get addicted to a pay cheque) and spend the rest of your life having other people determine your life...

Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
If you channel your Energy to developing your craft, you will be both mentally and financialy free.
Do what most people won't do at this stage(ie stick with ur passion) and get on your way to greater things. Do what most people would do(ie get addicted to a pay cheque) and spend the rest of your life having other people determine your life...

Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by kpolli(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
Why can't he mix the 2? Do his paintings on weekends
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by Jybz: 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
9jarians are jst toooo Lazy......u get Jobs in 3mnths interval..and u have a job at hand and u r tinking....

SMH 4 some people...his mates are doing 3 to 4 Jobs to survive he has one and he is fronting....

Let him go and see dos writing exams looking 4 Jobs..
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by babanne(m): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
Seconded! life is better planned on a regular income.besides, you also need further business experience to stay on your own in the future.
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by lordcastro: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
my candid advice for him is that he should take the job and find time also to improve his skill bearing in mind to leave the job soonest in other to fulfill his dream
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by nenergy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
My guy,human counsel may fail you o! Pray about it and you'll get a answer in your heart of hearts. Wish you success!
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by pato405(m): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
all those advising him to take the job should be aware of the fact that most private jobs don't offer you spare time of your own. many of them expect you to work saturdays and sometimes, even pop in albeit briefly on sundays (with some flimsy excuses). the said 85k may sometimes also be paid in arrears. they give you unrealistic targets in order to have an excuse to owe you or cut your salary. have you considered other expenses as well, e.g transport, lunch e.t.c how much is he going to save at the end of the month?

the moment he accepts that private job, he should kiss his up and coming skills goodbye! there'll be literally no time to explore other means of making money. I'm speaking from experience. the only job that would make sense (in terms of flexibility and affordability of free time to do other things) is a government job. outside that, NO WAY O!
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by innocentchuks(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2012
John C. Maxwell in his book said his father always use a particular sentence while talking to him,& that is "play now and pay latter or pay now and play latter, but in either ways u must pay". Job is good but there is no job security there is no guarrantee that ur boss will not wake up one morning & show u the exit door.the only security one can get is from his/her own investment,but b/4 then u must pay a price. the problem we are facing is the fear on the unknown,'what if...',starting biz is hard but the gain is much.for him to make 250k in month show that we got the magic formular. what he need is patience,persistence and commitement. let him work on his marketing strategy belive u me if he put half the energy needed for him to put in his pay job into his biz he will be suprise @ his result in few months. job only gives temporal solution to a permanent problem,but entreprenuer gives permanent solution to a permanent problem. follow ur passion& build urself to greatness. d end point is money. private job is a hell i have once work with private company and is my worst job so far.
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by LCASHMAN(m): 1:04am On Nov 27, 2012
BEGGERS CANT BE CHOOSERS.
Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by automatenigeria: 8:58am On Nov 27, 2012
They are RIGHT !
Wealthy businessmen like Robert Kiyosaki,Donald Trump and even BILL GATES are plainly saying that if they were to start over...they would all be in NETWORK MARKETING! There must be something huge going on that they see and are trying to get the word out to people that are fighting through the economy.

With quality PRODUCTS like Xtreme Fuel Treatment, a global OPPORTUNITY to help people save money, and the amazing PEOPLE associated with Syntek Global, you can propel yourself into the life you've always imagined.

Want to know how? see www.syntekresults.com / www.syntekglobal.com use Sponsor ID "1E31C" to Enrol and make your dreams of becoming your own boss come true.

Re: Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. by GeneralGaricks: 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
acidtalk: Sticking to the salary job isn't a bad idea though, but won't it make him backslide on his skill on art and also male his customers leave him when he can't meet up with their needs?

Tell him to calculate his income from his business less his expenses on the business for the past one year. if his profit from his business in the last one year exceeds 85,000 * 12, let him continue with his business. he has potentials, he can also add more businesses to what he is currently doing. i guess he may regret being too tied down 6 months after getting this job.

nevertheless, he may also pick the job and see if he can join the two, he still has an option of quitting the new job to continue as usual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immigration Jobs 2013: Issues with my Acknowledgement Slip / Federal Civil Service Employment Portal Taken Down / Fidelity And Skye Bank Are Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.