Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo (5745 Views)

Happy Family: Alex Usifo, Liz Benson, IK Ogbonna Star In New TV Series / Nollywood Actor, Alex Usifo Is Student In Babcock University, Not A Lecturer / President:-pete Edochie,olu Jacobs ,and Alex Usifo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2012

Achievers International University and Seminary, Spain in conjunction with Action Word Educational Services, Lagos, have honoured veteran actor and movie producer, Omiagbo Alex Usifo with a doctorate degree in recognition of his excellence in artistic performance in the entertainment industry.

At the colourful event, which also served as the bi-annual All Believers International Summit for pastors, preachers and general overseers of churches, held recently at Rockview Hotel, Festac Town, Lagos, Alex Usifo was recognized and awarded a doctorate degree of “excellence in artistic creativity”, thus adding one more feather to his cap. Usifo, who hails from Edo State, holds Msc in Social Work from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso and is currently a doctorate student of Information Resources Management, Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State.

In this brief chat with Journalist, the actor commended the institutions for honouring him and admitted that most people still do not distinguish his dual personality, by separating his life as an actor from his private activities, even after more than a decade in the movie industry.

INTERVIEWER:
You were supposed to be a priest, so what really happened?

ALEX USIFO's reply:
Actually, I was a major seminarian. I was in a Catholic major seminary, I was to be a Catholic priest but I didn’t wait to be ordained, but I was at SS Peter and Paul, Bodija Ibadan. I read Philosophy and Logic, but for personal reasons I did not stay in the Theology world.

INTERVIEWER:
How do you reconcile your entertainment profile with your priesthood training?

ALEX USIFO's reply:
Well, if I had become a priest I would have been serving humanity. In the entertainment arena I serve humanity. The difference is that one is spiritual the other is physical. In entertainment, I also entertain humanity.

INTERVIEWER:
The picture you cut on the screen is that of a wicked man, are you wicked in real life?

ALEX USIFO's reply:
I know what you are saying. I’m a paradox in the sense that my nature has some kind of dualism attached to it, my personal and public life. My public life is what people know about, that’s what they see on television. But they don’t know much about my private life and that’s what we are talking about. The Alex Usifo you see on television is actually different from the Alex Usifo in private life.

On screen, you see me playing another character, imitating someone else, but if anybody feels that is Alex Usifo, well, he is entitled to his impressions. But I don’t feel bad at all because I enjoy what I’m doing. I feel good because people have such funny impressions because I know that if they have the opportunity of meeting me, they will know that that opportunity will debunk the negative impressions from the ones they must have been having.

END OF INTERVIEW.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/entertainment/why-i-dumped-priesthood-for-nollywood-alex-usifo/

MY OWN QUESTIONS:
1. What is your perception about ALEX USIFO?

2. Is he wicked and hard-hearted in real life, knowing the fact that he portrays it in MOVIES?

3. If you are an actor, would you act as a WITCH or WICKED PERSON?

4. Does acting as a witchcraft in a movie affect you negatively later in life?

4. If you are given the opportunity to choose between a PRIEST or a MOVIE actor, which will you prefer?

LET'S HAVE YOUR VIEWS.
Thanks.
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by Caseless: 11:50am On Nov 25, 2012
So, the man was to be ordained as a priest and he didn't wait.......OVERAMBITIOUSNESS. Sha, him stil make am for entertainment world.
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by mosunade(f): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
caseless: So, the man was to be ordained as a priest and he didn't wait.......OVERAMBITIOUSNESS. Sha, him stil make am for entertainment world.

its his life, he can do what he likes with it.
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by Caseless: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
mosun_ade:

its his life, he can do what he likes with it.
and who said it is not? Even if he decides to leave acting and go back to priesthood, it is stil his life. So , who cares....
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by salolo(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
in priesthood no much money like nollyhoodl
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by tobechi20(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
In acting
, no access to girls,kising,smushing, handling, etc is allowed

in priesthood it is not

acting bring cheap fame, priesthood dosent

acting, u make more money
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by jimino(m): 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
Not every seminarian bcomes priest.
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by djfiifi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
Many are called bt few are chosen,i am an ex-seminarian myself from St Peter's Major Seminary-Cape Coast(Ghana)
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by zains: 12:56am On Nov 26, 2012
Priesthood, Nollywood, bottomline is he ended up is some hood. Abi na wood undecided
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by zains: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2012
*in*
Re: Why I Dumped Priesthood For Nollywood – Aex Usifo Omaigbo by gooddeeds(m): 1:57am On Nov 26, 2012
None of Ʊ even attempted τ̅☺ answer Τ̲̅ђe OP's questions. Lol. Dey r daft and meaningless anyways.

(1) (Reply)

SEE Some Photos Maheeda Posted ...and Later Deleted *sigh* / No Shame! Lagos Girl Stormed The Club Without Anything Under(see PHOTOS) / Stunning Pictures Of Jomi, Baby Jare's Elder Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.