Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church (9358 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Dealing With Incubus And Succubus Sex Demons That Attack Humans While Asleep / For All Those Who Fall Asleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by donotbanme1: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
I am not saying this to make you laugh grin . I slept in church today. May God forgive me cry . I repent in dust and ashes, may my cry come unto thee Lord embarassed .

I took tea, meat pie and biscuits before heading to church. I had a friend who once told me that ''Akamu'' and ''Tea'' can make a man fall sleep once after taking them. I remembered her warning but i insisted on eating because I was hungry and had done some work this morning.

Is it true that ''Akamu'' and ''Tea'' invite sleep suddenly after being eaten

And to all the worshippers in the house, when the deed has been done(over-eating), ''HOW DO YOU FIGHT SLEEP INSIDE CHURCH''

Million dollar question brought to you by Ugo.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bring out your mobile phone and browse.....

Or stand up, walk to the toilet, wash your face (not with urine angry) and then go back to church

Or stand up, walk to your car, sleep and then drive off
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by advocate666: 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
If you don't go to church, you wont fall asleep in church.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
advocate666: If you don't go to church, you wont fall asleep in church.

True talk

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by donotbanme1: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
advocate666: If you don't go to church, you wont fall asleep in church.

The Bible says, ''Do not neglect the gathering together of the saints'', meaning, you must go to church.

Sleeping in Church is a tool employed by the devil to make worshippers lose their blessings. When this happens, the sleeper feels like he is high on drugs.

I felt exactly that way, but God knows every heart, I didnt get up. The sleep vanished in a split second.

Advocate, am inviting you to church next sunday.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by CrazyMan(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
I would bet that if it was a club house, or some worldly show program, you wouldn't have fallen asleep. sad

5 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by donotbanme1: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan: I would bet that if it was a club house, or some worldly show program, you wouldn't have fallen asleep. sad

You are talking more like a Godly person. I dont go to clubs but i know people still sleep off in clubs.

So havent you ever dozed in the church How did you overcome it
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by advocate666: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
Mod, I don't know why you hid my previous post. It wasn't meant to offend but to show him the light about what the bible said about working on a sabath day. It was meant as a sarcasm but I know some biblical nutjobs like Obadia777 take it literally.
Here:

Numbers 15:32-36

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by advocate666: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
do not ban me:

The Bible says, ''Do not neglect the gathering together of the saints'', meaning, you must go to church.

Sleeping in Church is a tool employed by the devil to make worshippers lose their blessings. When this happens, the sleeper feels like he is high on drugs.

I felt exactly that way, but God knows every heart, I didnt get up. The sleep vanished in a split second.

Advocate, am inviting you to church next sunday.

There is no biblical requirement to go to church on Sundays. The requirement is to not work or exert yourself in any way.

Exodus 31:15

15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

In case you didn't understand him the first time,

Exodus 35:2

2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by pecopeco: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nice and great
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by benedictjohn(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jst dey look hw girls dey walk... U̶̲̥̅̊ ŊƠ̴̴̴̴͡ go sleep I promise U̶̲̥̅̊ ....
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Humphreydis(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
whc kain topic person dey c 4 nairaland dis days biko nu o...very soon we go dey c topics lik "hw many times do u poopoo in a day"..mtcheew!
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by CrazyMan(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
do not ban me:
You are talking more like a Godly person. I dont go to clubs but i know people still sleep off in clubs.

So havent you ever dozed in the church How did you overcome it
I only doze in night vigils, not church services.

And I overcome it by excusing myself, and taking a walk outside the sanctuary.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Woke4all(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Go to a church that is groovy

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Why do Nigerians say, "I took" instead of "I ate?" You don't "take tea, meat pie and biscuits," you "drink and eat" them. angry angry angry tongue
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by doppler777(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Falling Asleep In the Church ? with all the "BH BOMBINGS" left and right..you must be kidding!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
poster, stop wasting your time. go home if you came to church to sleep and stop giving our creator a lip service angry
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by asala1: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
pecopeco: Nice and great
Guy! What are you smoking? Or are you commenting to another post?
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by sutton09: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
One way is to take notes during the service. The art of writing will encourage you to listen.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Image123(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
It takes discipline, that's all. Then don't overtalk or overeat or dance so much you're dozing when preaching starts. Also rest well the previous night if the service is in the morning, not gist or browse or watch tv into the midnight.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by franca30(f): 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
doppler777: Falling Asleep In the Church ? with all the "BH BOMBINGS" left and right..you must be kidding!!!!!!!!
Hahaahaaahaaa
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by omotola1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
do not ban me:
Is it true that ''Akamu'' and ''Tea'' invite sleep suddenly after being eaten
Akamu ko, elubo ni!
Mstcheeeeew
Dis tin should be in food section!
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by omotola1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
As for ur sleeping palava, when ever u feel sleepy in Church, get up and start dancing Yahooze. Walahi d sleep go vanish.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Josiahjoshua92: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Dey solve maths 4 church u no go sleep (try it out)

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Clemzy16(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
To avoid sleeping in church; it's either you examine the babes in front of you or you read the biblical inscriptions on the wall continuously.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Jybz: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
I slypt in Church 2day too....
But mine wasn't d food....My boy was having serious fever..he didn't allow us till 4:30am.......
I sooooo slypt....I was ashamed of ma self.....
As am typing dis am still feeling slypy sef..

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by DTalented(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sleeping in the church is sometimes caused by the way the man of God preaches.

Taking down notes when preaching is going on can help.
If it becomes too much, go outside and stand for some mins.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by charlsecy4(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
@OP
It's true, pap and tea could make one sleepy, especially when one is NOT engaged in a physical activity.

Yield: Why say, "I took" instead of "I ate?" You don't "take tea, meat pie and biscuits," you "drink and eat" them.

"Drink" and "ate" are correct in that sense, but using "take" in place of them is not wrong! "Take" is so general you can use it in many senses, take water, take drugs, take oranges, take pap, etc.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by buchibabe: 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jybz: I slypt in Church 2day too....
But mine wasn't d food....My boy was having serious fever..he didn't allow us till 4:30am.......
I sooooo slypt....I was ashamed of ma self.....
As am typing dis am still feeling slypy sef..

Eyaa. Pele. Ur own reason is understandable. He's healed IJN
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
charlsecy4: @OP
It's true, pap and tea could make one sleepy, especially when one is NOT engaged in a physical activity.

"Drink" and "ate" are correct in that sense, but using "take" in place of them is not wrong! "Take" is so general you can use it in many senses, take water, take drugs, take oranges, take pap, etc.

To me, it's not an adequate verb to use to express the action. In cases of medication, "take" is fine, but with food, I beg to differ. We don't need to have the same opinion. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me. / Names Of Jesus Christ In Alphabetical Order / How Do You Personally Hear From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.