Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? (14292 Views)

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by JayKid1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
I use the MTN Family and Friends package (as a matter of fact its the only reason i still use an MTN sim)because of the low tariff it offers for calls made to your 10 registered family and friend numbers. But recently i observed unexplained depreciation anytime i load airtime and as i never bothered to cross check how much i am charged after every calls i felt i might be indirectly using it up without knowing. Curiosity got the better part of me when today i decided to confirm how much i was been charged. I first made a call which lasted 61secs and was surprised when i discovered i was charged #18.30 (which amounts to 30k/sec) . I then made a subsequent call which lasted 18secs just to verify and this time i was charged #2.70 (which amounts to 15k/sec).
Now from MTN condition for that plan it states that "With MTN Family & Friends, you can register up to TEN (10) numbers as your Family and Friends numbers and enjoy 10kobo/second when you call any of these TEN numbers, from the very first second." And the MTN number i called was one of my registered FAF number so is this MTN's new way of extortion?
Have anyone had the same experience?
NB: I've been unable to contact their customer care centre for clarification.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by MrHim(m): 2:01am On Nov 26, 2012
Send your complaint to their twitter page @MTN 180. You will get a faster correspondence to your query, good luck.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by puskin: 2:05am On Nov 26, 2012
Yes.....another MTN complainant.

Issokay.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by free2ryhme: 2:05am On Nov 26, 2012
when will Nigerians learn? MTN are thieves

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by puskin: 2:05am On Nov 26, 2012
Reserved.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by MaxDick9ja: 2:08am On Nov 26, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Iyaqueen(f): 2:13am On Nov 26, 2012
Ah it will defo happen, after dey did dat wonderful Bonaza given some1 A Plane in 9ja....magine you x 5milloin pple =.........lol
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by harlos: 2:27am On Nov 26, 2012
I'm not on FAF but no compliant so far

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ITbomb(m): 2:33am On Nov 26, 2012
I also use Family and Friends to call only 10 people. 5 girls, 3 guys 2 business associates.

For all business and international calls I use my Airtel. It is much clearer there. I dont need to be saying hello 3 times.

If ever they stop FAF then bye bye to MTN
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by scantee(m): 2:43am On Nov 26, 2012
@OP we are in the same shoe, mine even worst o, i use my mtn pulse to cal a pulse line, i was shocked whn i discovered i was chareg 30k/secs, bt they normally charge 4.35k/secs. MThief @ it again o.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Vincent41(m): 2:51am On Nov 26, 2012
Jay-Kid:
I use the MTN Family and Friends package (as a matter of fact its the only reason i still use an MTN sim)because of the low tariff it offers for calls made to your 10 registered family and friend numbers. But recently i observed unexplained depreciation anytime i load airtime and as i never bothered to cross check how much i am charged after every calls i felt i might be indirectly using it up without knowing. Curiosity got the better part of me when today i decided to confirm how much i was been charged. I first made a call which lasted 61secs and was surprised when i discovered i was charged #18.30 (which amounts to 30k/sec) . I then made a subsequent call which lasted 18secs just to verify and this time i was charged #2.70 (which amounts to 15k/sec).
Now from MTN condition for that plan it states that "With MTN Family & Friends, you can register up to TEN (10) numbers as your Family and Friends numbers and enjoy 10kobo/second when you call any of these TEN numbers, from the very first second." And the MTN number i called was one of my registered FAF number so is this MTN's new way of extortion?
Have anyone had the same experience?
NB: I've been unable to contact their customer care centre for clarification.

for de fact dat there are many other networks in naija,Mtn has become de worst....hate dat network,am just Praying dat Boko Haram will Bomb all their Offices in naija

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ssainty(m): 3:02am On Nov 26, 2012
they just have a way of ripping you off and not even Ncc is able to addres this issue wit them.MTN giv u wit one hand and rob u wit d oda.they neva kip to d terms of their promo and gets angry each tym they re carryin out any promo at all,getting set to get it back by all means.Pathetic really
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by blezdem(m): 3:07am On Nov 26, 2012
Mtn incredibly charge. Could you imagine calling my cousin who we share same plan(mtn pulse) for just 10 mins and the 600 bonus just disappears! I fear una becos notin goes free with mtn.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by LblaqueHaven(m): 3:16am On Nov 26, 2012
Vincent 4:

for de fact dat there are many other networks in naija,Mtn has become de worst....hate dat network,am just Praying dat Boko Haram will Bomb all their Offices in naija
LWKMD.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by moderatorr: 4:06am On Nov 26, 2012
MTN network = 3G full bar
*recharge morderm*
MTN Network = SOS,GSM,edge,SOS,GSM,edge
*subscrption expires*
MTN network = 3G full bar smiley

5 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by kevoh(m): 4:16am On Nov 26, 2012
Reverse is the case for me. Since Friday after loading #1500 to subscribe for my BIS, all calls to some people on my Family and Friends have been free,no charges, probably because I call them often or maybe it's a weekend thing.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by dabrake(m): 4:18am On Nov 26, 2012
moderatorr: MTN network = 3G full bar
*recharge morderm*
MTN Network = SOS,GSM,edge,SOS,GSM,edge
*subscrption expires*
MTN network = 3G full bar smiley
grin grin grin
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by puskin: 4:45am On Nov 26, 2012
kevoh: Reverse is the case for me. Since Friday after loading #1500 to subscribe for my BIS, all calls to some people on my Family and Friends have been free,no charges, probably because I call them often or maybe it's a weekend thing.

Alas....its not all bad about MTN.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ichieakpo(m): 4:49am On Nov 26, 2012
selfish people
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by olenyi: 5:07am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by olenyi: 5:08am On Nov 26, 2012
Mine is getting worse. I am on super saver and dont ever join all this their weekend stuff and 500% bonus, etc. I just stick to my plan. But for a week now, i've noticed that each time their's credit on my phone and i go to sleep, i wake up only to discover the credit has vanished. I even find it difficult to check my balance/data plan balance yhese days. While browsing with my data plan intact, they will be cutting my credit instead of my data acct. Hmmm....
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ignis: 5:51am On Nov 26, 2012
kevoh: Reverse is the case for me. Since Friday after loading #1500 to subscribe for my BIS, all calls to some people on my Family and Friends have been free,no charges, probably because I call them often or maybe it's a weekend thing.

I guess its a system problem. Because i also subscribe for MTN BIS
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2012
Etisalat is worse when you're not on a data plan.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by calabaman(m): 6:03am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by babarazy: 6:03am On Nov 26, 2012
am on MTN smooth talk. MTN to MTN is 20k per sec. Dat should be N10 but they used to deduct N12 for my calls.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by markus1133: 6:03am On Nov 26, 2012
sometimes
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by KINGwax(m): 6:09am On Nov 26, 2012
I don't knw where u got dt from, mtn undercharges me!

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by slap1(m): 6:27am On Nov 26, 2012
MTN will tell you to recharge N100 and get 5MB of data. When you do, they now tell you that you can't get it because of NCC's directive. Haha. These people sef!
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Youngzedd(m): 6:29am On Nov 26, 2012
ITbomb: I also use Family and Friends to call only 10 people. 5 girls, 3 guys 2 business associates.

For all business and international calls I use my Airtel. It is much clearer there. I dont need to be saying hello 3 times.

If ever they stop FAF then bye bye to MTN

Super saver plan is better to FAF, sms @4

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by SimplySEA(m): 6:30am On Nov 26, 2012
Vincent 4:

see wisdom na...
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by SimplySEA(m): 6:31am On Nov 26, 2012
Vincent 4:

see wisdom level na....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galaxy S5 Original And Fake / MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It / See Why Whatsapp Video Chat Is Still Better Than Appleā€™s Facetime For Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.