Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Galaxy S5 Original And Fake - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S5 Original And Fake (14280 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by umba(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Guys need ur help, hw can i spot a fake galaxy s5
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by biggmusty(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
umba:
Guys need ur help, hw can i spot a fake galaxy s5

Boot to recovery... if u see any traces of Chinese run for ur life
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by donlyone(m): 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Use the app 'phone info Samsung'. It's designed to test whether a Samsung phone is genuine or fake
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by dinklage(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
sole reason why i'll never buy Samsung product. too many fakes out there.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by agrovick(m): 12:47am On Jan 17, 2015
biggmusty:

Boot to recovery... if u see any traces of Chinese run for ur life
Does boot to recovery mean restarting the phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by biggmusty(m): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2015
agrovick:

Does boot to recovery mean restarting the phone?

You would make sure the fone is off totally.. then u press the volume up + power button + home key at d samevtime together. That will take u into recovery
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2015
To identify any original samsung phone kindly type this code *#1234#, if nothing pops out on the screen...then it's fake.

When you try that code on any samsung phone...it would give you the device version(model-code)......thank me later.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 10:22am On Jan 17, 2015
biggmusty:

You would make sure the fone is off totally.. then u press the volume up + power button + home key at d samevtime together. That will take u into recovery

this process is applicable to most android phones. What you just stated is to set an android phone to dowload mode in other to upgrade the software.

I stated the much easier way above....effort recommended though.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by agrovick(m): 11:12am On Jan 17, 2015
biggmusty:

Ok, thanks
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by ninovandross(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Best way too knw a fake phone is its camera, @op check d camera see weda the thing dey slow
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by ruggedtimi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
check how fast the touch response is, The camera quality, The music player..if u see sound effects instead of equalizer then is fake.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by nani667: 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
ninovandross:
Best way too knw a fake phone is its camera, @op check d camera see weda the thing dey slow

Lol
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by okirewaju(f): 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Electronzeez:
To identify any original samsung phone kindly type this code *#1234#, if nothing pops out on the screen...then it's fake.

When you try that code on any samsung phone...it would give you the device version(model-code)......thank me later.
Tried this on my phone and it worked
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym4(m): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Electronzeez:

Bro, chinese galaxy clones have gone wiser, all the codes works now, trust me.

@Op. The first and easiest way to check if your device is fake or not is the camera/picture quality, especially in a low light condition. Even a Tecno picture quality is superb compared to it. you will notice the picture taking a small amount of data size in KB even at the maximum camera resolution, for example, if you snap a picture with an 8megapixel resolution and its size is around 400KB or below. then you have just been cloned.

Download an app called GENUINE GALAXY from the playstore, install and check, the app checks the device hardware and tells you if you have got the original or the opposite. ( note that it only works for S3, S4, S5 and and note 2 devices)

If you are an experienced Android user

A cloned Galaxy will boot into recovery but will never boot into Odin/download mode. I wont consider doing this if you havent paid for the phone simply because if you try to boot a cloned device into recovery/Odin and it fails, you will end up bricking the device and when you do a hard reset, the SAMSUNG splashscreen and startUp image is gone leaving you with the Open source "Android" logo. simply because the samsung items were placed manually into the phone via rooting and not an original Samsung firmware. Trust me, you might have some troubles with the seller if he noticed and you will be forced to buy the device.

Thirdly, if you have a laptop, connect that phone into the PC and check for the drivers that begins to install (at the bottom right corner of your pc) automatically your PC should start searching/trying to install a driver with the tag SAMSUNG. if you get something like "MTK" or a chinese written letters, you are holding a fake device. and it will never connect with any samsung/ODIN Software.

4 Likes

Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
temmym4:

Bro, chinese galaxy clones have gone wiser, all the codes works now, trust me.

@Op. The first and easiest way to check if your device is fake or not is the camera/picture quality, especially in a low light condition. Even a Tecno picture quality is superb compared to it. you will notice the picture taking a small amount of data size in KB even at the maximum camera resolution, for example, if you snap a picture with an 8megapixel resolution and its size is around 400KB or below. then you have just been cloned.

Download an app called GENUINE GALAXY from the playstore, install and check, the app checks the device hardware and tells you if you have got the original or the opposite. ( note that it only works for S3, S4, S5 and and note 2 devices)

If you are an experienced Android user

A cloned Galaxy will boot into recovery but will never boot into Odin/download mode. I wont consider doing this if you havent paid for the phone simply because if you try to boot a cloned device into recovery/Odin and it fails, you will end up bricking the device and when you do a hard reset, the SAMSUNG splashscreen and startUp image is gone leaving you with the Open source "Android" logo. simply because the samsung items were placed manually into the phone via rooting and not an original Samsung firmware. Trust me, you might have some troubles with the seller if he noticed and you will be forced to buy the device.

Thirdly, if you have a laptop, connect that phone into the PC and check for the drivers that begins to install (at the bottom right corner of your pc) automatically your PC should start searching/trying to install a driver with the tag SAMSUNG. if you get something like "MTK" or a chinese written letters, you are holding a fake device. and it will never connect with any samsung/ODIN Software.

i stand to be corrected sir.......the code i gave out is particular to samsung alone....it can never work on any china phone......bring your proof if you think otherwise.

I just gave the op the quickest way to know....laptop What would you do with that sir??, downloading application??...you won't have the chance to do all this at the point of buying the phone......
Camera quality? The man on the street can't even tell the significance of dot-pitch to pixel in imaging....

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym4(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
ruggedtimi:
check how fast the touch response is, The camera quality, The music player..if u see sound effects instead of equalizer then is fake.

seeing "Sound effects" on the music option doesnt mean a phone is cloned. The equalizer names changes in different firmware releases. even the 4.3 android version of Samsung devices carries "Sound Alive"
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
okirewaju:
Tried this one my phone and it worked

your phone is samsung i guess?
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Acidosis(m): 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
You don't need a prophet to show you a fake S5.

Do clone S5s possess the S health (with functional heart rate sensor)?

Do clone S5s possess the fingerprint function?

How about IR Blaster?

Can a cloned S5 survive under water?

I'm typing this on a galaxy S5, and simultaneously watching a movie. A cloned S5 will never do this. Even if a cloned S5 posses all these, the makers won't sell at N20k, not even N70k.

Simply Google S5, read about it, and don't base your judgement on mere LOOKS or Codes.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym3(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Electronzeez:

i stand to be corrected sir.......the code i gave out is particular to samsung alone....it can never work on any china phone......bring your proof if you think otherwise.

I just gave the op the quickest way to know....laptop What would you do with that sir??, downloading application??...you won't have the chance to do all this at the point of buying the phone......
Camera quality? The man on the street can't even tell the significance of dot-pitch to pixel in imaging....

The Engineer! grin being an engineer doesnt make you an optional personality to cloned phones, except if you want to start opening up the device before purchase. only the experienced people can tell you. I had my hands on cloned Galaxy S3mini, galaxy s3, galaxy s4, Galaxy ace, note 2, Xperia Z2 and an HTC one. Chinese cloned device has 2 species, The 1st grade and the 2nd grade. You can hardly tell the difference in a cloned Galaxy device and the original. ALL CODES WORKS ON 1st GRADE china phones bro, even the air gestures on the galaxy s4 cloned is sharper than that of the original.
Are u sure you have had your hands on a cloned samsung phone? if yes, you should know *#1234 # works. only brings the firmware details which is useless.
I ll prefer the code *#0* # to check my samsung hardware instead of a firmware code. am sure our engineer above doesnt even know that code. wink

This is no competition, oga, get a cloned phone and check that your highly trusted code and see if it works or not. if you are really an engineer, then unscrew to check if the IC is that of samsung before you press the codes, come back here and feed me back. it is that simple.

Well, you dont have to get there before you download an app. if I am buying a samsung and am goin without my pc, I will download a GENUINE GALAXY unto my memory card before hand, get to the phone store and during device checkin, insert the card on d phone and install the app. There u go, u just saved myself the embarrassment of buying a fake phone. ( if you dont know how to download an app over to the sd card via playstore, then ask or check via google)

cool down bro. if you dont get the method of checking via the PC. you should have asked for a detailed explanation.

The man on the street can always tell the actual size of the pictures he snapped of course. Go back and read what I wrote on the picture. no offence sir. wink
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
temmym3:

The Engineer! grin being an engineer doesnt make you an optional personality to cloned phones, except if you want to start opening up the device before purchase. only the experienced people can tell you. I had my hands on cloned Galaxy S3mini, galaxy s3, galaxy s4, Galaxy ace, note 2, Xperia Z2 and an HTC one. Chinese cloned device has 2 species, The 1st grade and the 2nd grade. You can hardly tell the difference in a cloned Galaxy device and the original. ALL CODES WORKS ON 1st GRADE china phones bro, even the air gestures on the galaxy s4 cloned is sharper than that of the original.
Are u sure you have had your hands on a cloned samsung phone? if yes, you should know *#1234 # works. only brings the firmware details which is useless.
I ll prefer the code *#0* # to check my samsung hardware instead of a firmware code. am sure our engineer above doesnt even know that code. wink

This is no competition, oga, get a cloned phone and check that your highly trusted code and see if it works or not. if you are really an engineer, then unscrew to check if the IC is that of samsung before you press the codes, come back here and feed me back. it is that simple.

Well, you dont have to get there before you download an app. if I am buying a samsung and am goin without my pc, I will download a GENUINE GALAXY unto my memory card before hand, get to the phone store and during device checkin, insert the card on d phone and install the app. There u go, u just saved myself the embarrassment of buying a fake phone. ( if you dont know how to download an app over to the sd card via playstore, then ask or check via google)

cool down bro. if you dont get the method of checking via the PC. you should have asked for a detailed explanation.

The man on the street can always tell the actual size of the pictures he snapped of course. Go back and read what I wrote on the picture. no offence sir. wink

i repeat i'v tried this code on many clone samsung phones and nothing pops out.....the code *#0*# is for quality check code for samsung..i.e to test reciever,speaker,touch pad,sleep mode and vibration..etc
the code *#0*# does not work on all samsung phones..e.g E1160

You might be suprise i know about the code *#0283#..the loop back testing code.
Kindly give me one clone samsung phones to try my afforementiond code on.thank u.
Btw, stop replying me with epistle...keep it short and simple.cheesy

who gave you the third party software you are flaunting here...lol...if you need a genuie samsung firmware...see me outside nairaland...*wink*
#nohardfeeling bro....mind u i'm calm sir..hehehehehehehehe
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Acidosis:
You don't need a prophet to show you a fake S5.

Do clone S5s possess the S health (with functional heart rate sensor)?

Do clone S5s possess the fingerprint function?

How about IR Blaster?

Can a cloned S5 survive under water?

I'm typing this on a galaxy S5, and simultaneously watching a movie. A cloned S5 will never do this. Even if a cloned S5 posses all these, the makers won't sell at N20k, not even N70k.

Simply Google S5, read about it, and don't base your judgement on mere LOOKS or Codes.

that is a very good point there......temmy bn tink say i de brag...how won't i identify a phone i dissasemble and assemble and even browse through the U.I and hardware almost everyday.

I don't need to google anything to base my fact temmy,i'm just telling you what i know......no be braggadocio.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by okirewaju(f): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Electronzeez:

your phone is samsung i guess?
Yes it is

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym3(m): 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
Electronzeez:

i repeat i'v tried this code on many clone samsung phones and nothing pops out.....the code *#0*# is for quality check code for samsung..i.e to test reciever,speaker,touch pad,sleep mode and vibration..etc
the code *#0*# does not work on all samsung phones..e.g E1160

You might be suprise i know about the code *#0283#..the loop back testing code.
Kindly give me one clone samsung phones to try my afforementiond code on.thank u.
Btw, stop replying me with epistle...keep it short and simple.cheesy

who gave you the third party software you are flaunting here...lol...if you need a genuie samsung firmware...see me outside nairaland...*wink*
#nohardfeeling bro....mind u i'm calm sir..hehehehehehehehe

Oh please. Enough of ignorance. Why the lies. It is annoying. You don't sound like someone who handled a cloned device, that is if you even recognise one. No offence but people like you are the ones who gets duped easily when those under bridge boys shows you a samsung device and presses either *#06# (imei) and *#1234# and you still carry fake phone away.

No one is arguing about *#1234# not being a samsung code, it is a general samsung code for viewing the firmware version. All am saying is that it works on cloned devices as well. you get the exact same firmware of the original galaxy device on the cloned device. the It is embedded on the firmware and not on the board itself. Funny guy. do u even know what firmware is anyway? you must be one of those engineers that holds soldering iron all around the shops. lol.

*#0*# is a Samsung "smartphone" test code. It is written on all the smartphone circuits and not on the firmware like *#1234#. Quite hard for cloned device makers to copy correctly.

And where did u get E1160 from Jesus. Is that supposed to be a smartphone? Which era are u from. Lol.

Oga, stick to repairing your E1160, Nokia 3310 and the likes. Smartphones isnt your way. I wish i knew you when i wanted to sell my old cloned S4. Na you for buy am. Sebi na code u wan press. Lol.

Electronzeez:

I don't need to google anything to base my fact temmy,i'm just telling you what i know......no be braggadocio.

Lol. No one asked if you visited google anyway, but since you decided to confess, then dont just pour Google documents down, use the codes on the said devices first. Experience is the key. Local gsm (E1160) Engnr. No offence bro grin
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Electronzeez(m): 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
temmym3:

Oh please. Enough of ignorance. Why the lies. It is annoying. You don't sound like someone who handled a cloned device, that is if you even recognise one. No offence but people like you are the ones who gets duped easily when those under bridge boys shows you a samsung device and presses either *#06# (imei) and *#1234# and you still carry fake phone away.

No one is arguing about *#1234# not being a samsung code, it is a general samsung code. All am saying is that it works on cloned devices as well. It is embedded on the firmware and not on the board itself. That is why it changes when you flash a different firmware.

who will deliver this member of house of correction from his ignorance?,

*#0*# is a Samsung "smartphone" test code. It is written on all the smartphone circuits and not on the firmware like *#1234#. Quite hard for cloned device makers to copy correctly.[/quote]
sorry to burst your bubble the code *#0*# works on samsung c5212,c3212 and these phones are not smart........i will continue to expose your ignorance.

And where did u get E1160 from Jesus. Is that supposed to be a smartphone? Which era are u from. Lol.

Oga, stick to repairing your E1160, Nokia 3310 and the likes D;[/quote]
Are you saying that there is no samsung phone with the model code E1160? Point out where i called E1160 a premium phone....you reek ignorance bro.
Smartphones isnt your way. I wish i knew you when i wanted to sell my old cloned S4. Na you for buy am. Sebi na code u wan press. Lol.
grin[/quote] can we rendezvous for us to put your assertion to test?

Lol. No one asked if you visited google anyway, but since you decided to confess, then dont just pour Google documents down, use the codes on the said devices first. Experience is the key. Local gsm (E1160) Engnr. No offence grin[/quote]

the question was how to identify a original samsung S5 phone from a fake one, my reply was to try the *#1234# on 'ANY' samsung phone.please kindly point out where i centered my answer to premium phones?, it is either you are visually impaired or you care not to read that..........that is where you get me wrong in the first place.
I won't be hurt for calling me a local engineer...it's allowed and there is no point proven to you anything since you don't even know E1160 is a model from samsung.

Btw,why don't you meet with the man you call a local engineer to see his nokia touch light shop you know?.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by ninovandross(m): 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
nani667:

Lol
bro wats funny?
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
engr temmym3 or temmym4 you seem to know much about samsung phones. please i changed my galaxy ace II touchpad. buf d fone does not boot again abeg help me werrin do d fone
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by mancheeutd(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
hey code or no code just boot the device into recovery mode by pressing power button and up if its written in Chinese you will know infact no cloned samsung s5 fones comes with a snap dragon chip its always mediatek
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym3(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2015
Electronzeez:

Oga your stress is much o. You still quote me with the same old story? Stop this na. haba

The Op simply stated, how can he spot a fake galaxy s5, of which I explained based on my experience. You provided a a native firmware code and I told you it is useless because it works on all galaxy replica devices .. and all of a sudden you became an engineer.

*#0*# is a circuit based code. For checking hardware. Not on d firmware. it works on some samsung device that arent smartphones? Good. thanks for bringing that into notice. It doesnt change the fact that it is embedded in the circuit and not the ROM/Firmware.

Why do u keep quoting E1160 here? How is it relevant to what we are saying? I cant even remember if a phone like that exists anymore talkless of trying a code on it. it is more like saying a code is not working on Nokia 3310, in this era? Bros na wah for you o. lol.

Electronzeez:
the question was how to identify a original samsung S5 phone from a fake one, my reply was to try the *#1234# on 'ANY' samsung phone.please kindly point out where i centered my answer to premium phones?, it is either you are visually impaired or you care not to read that..........that is where you get me wrong in the first place.

Ok brother, I get you, in one sentence, you provided a code that works on ANY samsung phone abi. Good. You tried. But it is just pity the same code works on all Galaxy replicas. Have fun ok.
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by temmym3(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2015
pwreshbawz:
engr temmym3 or temmym4 you seem to know much about samsung phones. please i changed my galaxy ace II touchpad. buf d fone does not boot again abeg help me werrin do d fone

Bro you didnt give a detailed explanation on your device and the problem. by changing your touchpad, do you mean You change the touchscreen (the actual screen) of your phone or you meant the capacitive keys below the screen at both sides of the Menu key? did u do it yourself or by a phone engineer?
Re: Galaxy S5 Original And Fake by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 18, 2015
temmym3:

Bro you didnt give a detailed explanation on your device and the problem. by changing your touchpad, do you mean You change the touchscreen (the actual screen) of your phone or you meant the capacitive keys below the screen at both sides of the Menu key? did u do it yourself or by a phone engineer?
na 1 yeye engineer help me do am. the screen cracked and was no longer functioning so i changed it and d fone does't book again it only show gt7560 and restart

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? / Tricks To Get A Good Replacement Battery For Your Smartphones. / How Much Data Did You Use On Your Phone In July 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.