Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Questions For Married Men - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Questions For Married Men (9753 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / For Married and soon to be married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Married Men by debosky(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
maclatunji: 1. Do you agree that you are the head/leader of your home?

In general terms yes, but not solely nor dogmatically. I can explain further if requested. Where I am best placed to make a decision/set the general direction, then yes. Where not, the wisdom of a leader is to defer to better advice and I am very keen to do so.

2. Do you accept that you are primarily responsible for financing the provision of the basic needs (food, clothing & shelter)of your wife/kids?

Primarily (for the kids) in principle/to some extent but not solely - I see things more as a partnership/union. The wife isn't some helpless thing who needs to be 'provided for' - we are both providers in the financial sense.

3. Do you accept that you have a duty to do everything in your power to ensure the general well-being of your wife/kids?

Undoubtedly, completely and wholly Yes. You create an environment in which they can all flourish and complement the role of the husband/father.

4. How would you want your wife to react if you answered in the affirmative to questions 1-3 but find that you cannot meet-up with these obligations after genuinely putting-in your best effort?

Like I said, I see things more as a union with both partners having the same aim. I don't expect a 'reaction' from the wife - in my idea of a union, one partner immediately and naturally steps in to fill any gaps left by the other partner without 'reacting' or sometimes without even formally telling the other party. The aim is for the home to be well established and comfortable. In my view, any woman who wants 'everything' provided for her (except a full time carer for the kids) is still a child and should stay in her father's house.

5. Do you find it easy to acknowledge when you are wrong or have done wrong? How do you apologise?

Yes and no - I can be severely argumentative in support of the major things (in my mind) which I'm clearly right at, even if there are other aspects that are wrong. In the end though, after the red mist lifts, I realise that being wrong/apologising takes nothing away from who I am so I find it easy to apologise. I admit my wrong, ask for forgiveness and then seek the partner's perspective to avoid it happening again.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
uplawal: Maclatunji,these people cannot accept things the way Allah wants it,they like to share bills wiv their wives,and all other evils follows after e.g perpetual nappy changing,sweeping etc,no wonder their hormone changes and they turn gay.

You might as tattoo 'I am stoopid' on your head if you believe that rubbish you posted up there. I don't know why kids are being allowed to post here.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^You are wasting yourtime quoting @uplawal. Tha woman is a certified dunce cheesy
Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
When you grow and stop fantasizing about women (by the way none of the women here will let you sniff their underwear no matter how much you neuter yourself)you may be lucky enough to understand what I am saying. For now it is obvious that you and the other unmarried boys and girls just had to come and spoil what was to be a good thread.

RudySmith:

Coming from someone who wrote that he is never wrong, and even when he is, he is still right, I have 2 ask who is the adolescent here, LWKMD.
Let me guess, u r.ape ur wife whenever she denies u of sex? Oh no, even better, U beat the crap out of her if she disagree with ur conceited self?
We all know ur type, u smell foul from a mile down the road with ur stu.pid way of thinking.
Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
Johndoe100: When you grow and stop fantasizing about women (by the way none of the women here will let you sniff their underwear no matter how much you neuter yourself)you may be lucky enough to understand what I am saying. For now it is obvious that you and the other unmarried boys and girls just had to come and spoil what was to be a good thread.

U r again using ur conceited way of thinking 2 believe that what u *or any other foolish man like u* wrote is a factor in making this a good thread. The day u open ur tiny mind and realize that marriage is about 2 individuals, is the day u will have a chance of being a MAN, until then keep on being the dirty animal that u obviously r.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith:

U r again using ur conceited way of thinking 2 believe that what u *or any other foolish man like u* wrote is a factor in making this a good thread. The day u open ur tiny mind and realize that marriage is about 2 individuals, is the day u will have a chance of being a MAN, until then keep on being the dirty animal that u obviously r.

Damn! I must be falling in luuuurveee here grin grin

Rudy, would you be my 2nd e-hubby?? cheesy
Re: Questions For Married Men by paranoiapill: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
uplawal: Maclatunji,these people cannot accept things the way Allah wants it,they like to share bills wiv their wives,and all other evils follows after e.g perpetual nappy changing,sweeping etc,no wonder their hormone changes and they turn gay.

WORD!!!

Marriage is hinged solely on one thing RESPECT!!! A man should shoulder his responsibilities fully if he does not want to smell mess. Men should provide what they can, and if they married a decent wife, she will stick with it and things can only get better with her moral, emotional and loving support.

A wife will support her husband by managing what he provides and not being wasteful, by being humble, obedient and submissive, by praying for him and being patient with him, by gently advising him, by keeping an eagle over their children and raising them in the way God and her husband wants. She may not always like his decisions but a woman who submits to her husband always ends up tops, 'cos that's how God made it!! Ladies, if you cannot be humble, pls dont marry. If you find a guy you like but feel he doesnt have enough, pls spare him a life of misery by not 'greeing' for him then start topping up everything he does - he gives you school fees for Govt. school, you top-up and send them to Private school, he gives you money for garri, you top-up and buy sausage. Think, what are you really saying to him? And you think he will love you till death? For reminding him at every point he is expressing sovereignty over his abode that he is still not quite there yet? Not yet man enough for you? And you butress your point with cash? Puh-leeeeze!! You can bet that down the line, he will stumble upon an 'Nweke' who will worship him with his few coins. If you must 'support' your husband, do so only on matters that are not fundamental. Do not 'upgrade' the rent, basic food, the kid's school, etc. Stick with what he can afford. Then within those confines, do your thing if you have excess. Make the 2-bedroom flat he has provided a mini-heaven, dont 'top-up' so you guys can live in a 3-bedroom duplex, then when you fight you start to remind him.........

For the men, If you cannot afford a wife, pls do not marry a wife. If you must, pls marry a woman you can afford to maintain, or a woman who will accept you at your level. Marry a rich girl if you must, but only if she will submit to you, and if you will not touch her money - ever!! It is not a sharp tin or sense to marry a woman for her money. The woman who 'tops-up' will NEVER respect you, not for long, and when all is said and done, she will always look back with regret at what she has 'invested' in you. Run your home like a man, bring home your resources (if you married a Godly wife her blessing will double your resources). Even when you go out with empty pockets your confidence is sky high. Sweat if you must but make sure it is you who puts food on the table, pays the rent and utilities, pays for school fees and every other thing that is basic. Dont give room fo mess to smell.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by mbulela: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith: ^^^

U certainly talk like the thousands of women who have nothing 2 offer in marriage,[b]but 2 holes 2 f.uck [/b]and feed, no wonder.

Hmmm.........
Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
paranoia_pill: WORD!!!

Marriage is hinged solely on one thing RESPECT!!! A man should shoulder his responsibilities fully if he does not want to smell mess. Men should provide what they can, and if they married a decent wife, she will stick with it and things can only get better with her moral, emotional and loving support.

A wife will support her husband by managing what he provides and not being wasteful, by being humble, obedient and submissive, by praying for him and being patient with him, by gently advising him, by keeping an eagle over their children and raising them in the way God and her husband wants. She may not always like his decisions but a woman who submits to her husband always ends up tops, 'cos that's how God made it!! Ladies, if you cannot be humble, pls dont marry. If you find a guy you like but feel he doesnt have enough, pls spare him a life of misery by not 'greeing' for him then start topping up everything he does - he gives you school fees for Govt. school, you top-up and send them to Private school, he gives you money for garri, you top-up and buy sausage. Think, what are you really saying to him? And you think he will love you till death? For reminding him at every point he is expressing sovereignty over his abode that he is still not quite there yet? Not yet man enough for you? And you butress your point with cash? Puh-leeeeze!! You can bet that down the line, he will stumble upon an 'Nweke' who will worship him with his few coins. If you must 'support' your husband, do so only on matters that are not fundamental. Do not 'upgrade' the rent, basic food, the kid's school, etc. Stick with what he can afford. Then within those confines, do your thing if you have excess. Make the 2-bedroom flat he has provided a mini-heaven, dont 'top-up' so you guys can live in a 3-bedroom duplex, then when you fight you start to remind him.........

For the men, If you cannot afford a wife, pls do not marry a wife. If you must, pls marry a woman you can afford to maintain, or a woman who will accept you at your level. Marry a rich girl if you must, but only if she will submit to you, and if you will not touch her money - ever!! It is not a sharp tin or sense to marry a woman for her money. The woman who 'tops-up' will NEVER respect you, not for long, and when all is said and done, she will always look back with regret at what she has 'invested' in you. Run your home like a man, bring home your resources (if you married a Godly wife her blessing will double your resources). Even when you go out with empty pockets your confidence is sky high. Sweat if you must but make sure it is you who puts food on the table, pays the rent and utilities, pays for school fees and every other thing that is basic. Dont give room fo mess to smell.

***Rudy goes on his knees***

O heavenly Father, our protector and guide,
You are the greatest Friend and joy we have.
It is not for myself that I want to pray today, dear Father,
but for those lost souls like Uplawal , Paranoia pill or the already lost 4 good Johndoe100 who greatly need ur guidance.

Only You are left, dear Father.
Do be with them in all things at all times.
Protect them from their greatest enemies who are clearly THEMSELVES
Forgive them their sins and put love of others in their hearts,
as we can clearly see that they don't love their partners.

O do make them happy in their lives at home, dear Father,
and help them live as You would have them live, as we can clearly feel the devil/hatred in their lost heart.
Above all, put love in their hearts for you, but also for the partner that you have sent their way.

And thank You, my Father, for Your goodness to them, I know you have been patient with these devil controlled individuals.
Thank You for Your love and guidance and protection!
AMEN.

Efemena_xy:

Damn! I must be falling in luuuurveee here grin grin

Rudy, would you be my 2nd e-hubby?? cheesy

It all depends on who is the 1st?
Re: Questions For Married Men by paranoiapill: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith: ^^^ What has allah got 2 do with anything here? pls do point out 2 us all where u read in ur Qur'an that men *only* should pay bill and that they shouldn't change nappies or sweep floors.

U certainly talk like the thousands of women who have nothing 2 offer in marriage, but 2 holes 2 f.uck and feed, no wonder.

God has EVERYTHING to do with it. It was His personal decision to create man and woman to start with, and if He had created two men in the begining, this thread would not exist would it? When you buy a new gadget you read and read the maker's instruction so you dont waste the gadget's life. Here you have your maker's instructions and you're asking what He has to do with it

For a lady, you have too much testosterone in your system. I cant even imagine you as the custodian of a decent home.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by paranoiapill: 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

Rudy smith is a Man

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! Its your likes that have turned women into hustlers!!!
Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2012
By any measure that a man is judged here in Nigeria, I am more of a man than your father will ever be. I mean this, socially, financially, achievement wise, you name it. I will not compare you to myself as that would be unfair. My son who is still in school is himself more of a man than you. The idea that you are giving me advice on marriage made me laugh so hard I spilt the drink I was holding. What a clown you are. What do you know about women? Foolish small boy. Learn from your elders and betters and you may just survive long enough to be as old as we are.

RudySmith:

Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
paranoia_pill:
God has EVERYTHING to do with it. It was His personal decision to create man and woman to start with, and if He had created two men in the begining, this thread would not exist would it? When you buy a new gadget you read and read the maker's instruction so you dont waste the gadget's life. Here you have your maker's instructions and you're asking what He has to do with it

Please point out 2 us all where in the Qur'an it says that only men should pay bill, and that they should never change nappies or clean the home.
what u wrote above is just a very poor distraction from the subject.

For a lady, you have too much testosterone in your system. I cant even imagine you as the custodian of a decent home.

paranoia_pill: shocked shocked shocked
Rudy smith is a Man

LWKMD, I know that it hurts u guys 2 ur bones that some men are caring and understanding 2 their partner, there r always transformers 2 hug if u r in need of compassion.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! Its your likes that have turned women into hustlers!!!

And it's men like u that have turned women into the bitter person that ur partner must certainly b.

Johndoe100: By any measure that a man is judged here in Nigeria, I am more of a man than your father will ever be. I mean this, socially, financially, achievement wise, you name it. I will not compare you to myself as that would be unfair. My son who is still in school is himself more of a man than you. The idea that you are giving me advice on marriage made me laugh so hard I spilt the drink I was holding. What a clown you are. What do you know about women? Foolish small boy. Learn from your elders and betters and you may just survive long enough to be as old as we are.

Let me guess? u were holding a beer, while lounging in the sitting room, watching footy with ur pot belly bursting out of ur T-shirt, while ur wife was slaving in the kitchen trying 2 fix ur animal self dinner, and caring 4 that sad child of urs at the same time. I can already picture u and can't help but feel sorry, not 4 the sad lady that ended up with an animal like u, but I really do feel sorry 4 the young boy that looks up 2 the clueless Gorilla that u r. O ma se o

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
shocked shocked
paranoia_pill:

WORD!!!

Word?? shocked shocked You actually understood what uplawal wrote? shocked shocked I don't know how you guys do it, I really don't have such super powers, I mean the knack for understanding gibberish.shocked shocked
Re: Questions For Married Men by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
stillwater: shocked shocked

Word?? shocked shocked You actually understood what uplawal wrote? shocked shocked I don't know how you guys do it, I really don't have such super powers, I mean the knack for understanding gibberish.shocked shocked

Didn't you hear? Research has revealed there is a muppet gene - only fellow muppets can understand muppet writing cos they see the gene's attributes displayed in other gene bearers' writing.
Re: Questions For Married Men by baby124: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
debosky:

Didn't you hear? Research has revealed there is a muppet gene - only fellow muppets can understand muppet writing cos they see the gene's attributes displayed in other gene bearers' writing.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
@paranoia_pill

Please pay no attention to these fools, they are lost and can't understand why anyone would not want to be lost with them. Keep the faith.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by baby124: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Johndoe100: @paranoia_pill

Please pay no attention to these fools, they are lost and can't understand why anyone would not want to be lost with them. Keep the faith.

Did you get your hug yet? Paranoia pill needs the paranoia pill urgently. he is clearly bonkers.
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
Let us not fight over differing opinions.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hardly will you see a happy and successful marriage that practice this your new age sharing bill,come and see how wives treat their husbands in uk all in the name of bill sharing you will cry,to me its not a welcome idea,i cannot give my kids to minder,my primary role is to take care of my kids and not any woman doing it for me, because i wanna chase pounds,and i cannot serve my husby semi cold amala all cos i wanna hustle to share bills,as a matter of fact for those that wanna know,Allah says men should clothes,feed,and shelter thier wives and kids,so why should i share in his responsibilities,God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^ Na your type go give her man heart attack.

Just pray that you never encounter Baillifs - then you'll understand the importance of paying your bills on time lady.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by debosky(m): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
uplawal: Hardly will you see a happy and successful marriage that practice this your new age sharing bill,come and see how wives treat their husbands in uk all in the name of bill sharing you will cry,to me its not a welcome idea,i cannot give my kids to minder,my primary role is to take care of my kids and not any woman doing it for me, because i wanna chase pounds,and i cannot serve my husby semi cold amala all cos i wanna hustle to share bills,as a matter of fact for those that wanna know,Allah says men should clothes,feed,and shelter thier wives and kids,so why should i share in his responsibilities,God forbid.

You must be a stubborn goat. . . Are you a married man?? Why are you giving your dimwitted opinion here? Now I know why your husband ensures you stay at home. . . If you go out and talk this rubbish regularly then you'll be incurring medical bills to treat all the slaps you get.

Mr maclatunji can you invite the mods to clean up these off point comments? Or has your thread already served it's purpose?
Re: Questions For Married Men by SisiKill1: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
paranoia_pill:

WORD!!!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayo!!!!!!

Any *takes breath*. . .Anyone seen Dayokanu?!!

Anyone? Anyone? No one?!!

BRB!!!
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
The sharp contrast in people's thought process amazes me.

Good thread though.
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
uplawal: Hardly will you see a happy and successful marriage that practice this your new age sharing bill,come and see how wives treat their husbands in uk all in the name of bill sharing you will cry,to me its not a welcome idea,i cannot give my kids to minder,my primary role is to take care of my kids and not any woman doing it for me, because i wanna chase pounds,and i cannot serve my husby semi cold amala all cos i wanna hustle to share bills,as a matter of fact for those that wanna know,Allah says men should clothes,feed,and shelter thier wives and kids,so why should i share in his responsibilities,God forbid.

1. So you believe that traditional marriages were happier, right? You could be terribly wrong here.
2. It's ok if you for YOURSELF decide to be a housewife but you should not judge women who decide to follow a different lifestyle. It'S their life. As you do not wish to be judged, don't judge others.

3. Personally, I think there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with staying at home as a woman and taking care of the kids, the food and the household BUT what amazes me IS the fact that MEN are the Head of the Family because they go out to make money. Does it mean your contribution to the home as a housewife is of less worth? Why is he a boss? Now, leave out the religious aspect. Is he the boss because HIS work is of more value than yours?

4. Don't forget that NOT everyone is Muslim here. And apart from that, what will YOU do if your husband is not able to provide for you and the family, for one reason or another?
Re: Questions For Married Men by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
paranoia_pill:

WORD!!!

Like you said in your post above, if you only have money for Govt school but your wife can upgrade it to a Private, You advised us young men not to accept, But if you notice the quality of the govt school is terrible and maybe they are always on strike, fighting, school always shut you would rather your kids stay at home and waste their lives, than let their mother contribute to their education?

So if you can only afford Garri but the doctor told you the health of the kids need more than Garri, you would rather watch them grow malnourished than allow their own mother contribute to taking care of them.

If they are sick and you only have Money for General hospital whose doctors are on strike but if their mother can add money it would take them to a Private better equipped hospital, You would rather watch your children die than allow their mother to save their lives

If you can only afford a face me I face you in crime infested Mushin but your wife can contribute to get a better area you would rather your children grow up among criminals than get a better life.

if it was you alone, I wouldnt have bothered but innocent children who didnt beg to be born might be caught in this malady

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2012

Did you go to school? If you went to school, what was the purpose of you wasting money on an education when you dont intend to use it?

2. When your children are of school age and they are away from 7am to 4pm what would you be doing in those 9hours at home?

I can sense that this is inherent laziness thats showing up in you, Why would you want another human being who got the same education as you and has the same number of head as you feed you while you queue up every morning for handouts

Are you an "ALABODO"?

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
grin grin grin

Pls Dayo, what does "Alabodo" mean?? cheesy
Re: Questions For Married Men by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
Efemena_xy: grin grin grin

Pls Dayo, what does "Alabodo" mean?? cheesy

Feed and Phuck
Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2012
debosky:

You must be a stubborn goat. . . Are you a married man?? Why are you giving your dimwitted opinion here? Now I know why your husband ensures you stay at home. . . If you go out and talk this rubbish regularly then you'll be incurring medical bills to treat all the slaps you get.

Mr maclatunji can you invite the mods to clean up these off point comments? Or has your thread already served it's purpose?

The unexpected factor called Uplawal's posts on this thread has opened a new window that I have seen expand beyond being waved-off as "ludicrous" to becoming rather "intriguing". I hope the responses will continue and Uplawal will not belabour her point which has been well-noted.
Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 12:12am On Nov 27, 2012
Once more this opinionated he-goat cannot help but try ad force his views on others. What is it to you if she wants to be a housewife? Why are you so irked? Could it be because you can't afford to keep a woman as a house wife? Hell you can't even afford to get married yet can you?
Look son go back to flipping burgers or what ever it is that you do and leave others to live their lives the way they want. If you can't afford a stay at home wife, why try and harass others that can? It's not their fault that you are your broke azz self is it?

dayokanu:

Did you go to school? If you went to school, what was the purpose of you wasting money on an education when you dont intend to use it?

2. When your children are of school age and they are away from 7am to 4pm what would you be doing in those 9hours at home?

I can sense that this is inherent laziness thats showing up in you, Why would you want another human being who got the same education as you and has the same number of head as you feed you while you queue up every morning for handouts

Are you an "ALABODO"?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Experience With Sleep Talkers Or Sleep Walkers. / Nigerian Women And Abortion / Under What Circumstances Would You Adopt A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.