Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Questions For Married Men - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Questions For Married Men (9755 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / For Married and soon to be married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Jide, no matter what your differences might be, you DON'T spit on/at people. That's disgusting sad

But you saw all the names he's been calling me and my father ? I guess you didn't have nothing to say bout that but that's okay undecided
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
jidegirl12:

cheesy cheesy cheesy you are a big fat Hypocrite! What a Joke!

Hehehehe to shortsighted, ineffectual thinkers like you. Hide like a cockroach in the dark and don't get into the light. Objective reasoning is too much for you. I know you are hurting but I did warn you and you needed that wordlashing #Pele
Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
jidegirl12:

But you saw all the names he's been calling me and my father ? I guess you didn't have nothing to say bout that but that's okay undecided

All I'm saying is, there are better ways to get your point(s) across.

@Mac, abeg e don do. Lay off her, biko. I think all comments unrelated to the topic for this thread should be deleted / hidden (mine inclusive, if applicable). Let's stick to the subject matter.

Too many e-fights here which serve no purpose, other than to discourage potential contributors....my opinion...

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
maclatunji:

Hehehehe to shortsighted, ineffectual thinkers like you. Hide like a cockroach in the dark and don't get into the light. Objective reasoning is too much for you. I know you are hurting but I did warn you and you needed that wordlashing #Pele

Efe see o! tunji go back to ile kewu so we find out who is shortsighted and needs koboko from his Alfa ...what a joke! Don't come here and feed us rubbish!
Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
I quit sad

When una two finish, do ping the rest of us - to let us know it's safe to come back...
Re: Questions For Married Men by zayhal(f): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
@jidegirl

You're getting so many things wrong about Islam perhaps because you're using your home/experience to judge all Muslims. To start with, most of the muslim men around me are usually the first to apologise when they wrong their wives, in fact, I have one who jokes about the fact that whether he's the wrong or wronged, he's the one that apologises because his wife simply refuses to. Well, maybe I'm just lucky to have such one-in-a-million, exceptional muslim men around me.

On the topic, you emphasise that the Quran says the man must be responsible for everything in the home. You're not far from the truth. Each partner has clear stipulated responsibilities and roles to play in the home and the quran states these in no unclear terms. Interestingly, you will not find anywhere in same holy book that forbids the woman from helping her husband should the need arise.

If a man refuses his wife to work, it's a personal choice. It is not prohibited for a woman to work and earn money in Islam as long as her work does not get in the way of her primary responsibility which is her home, hubby, kids. The Prophet's first wife was a successful business woman and she and her hubby (Prophet Muhammed) did business together. How about that? There's the history of many muslim companions of the Prophet whose wives were the breadwinners in their homes.

I guess maclatunji ignored uplawal's post because of her over-sentimental and aggressive approach to issues. I'd do same.
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
^Thank you.
Re: Questions For Married Men by zayhal(f): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
And biko jidegirl and maclatunji enough of the fights. It's alright. E ma binu mo.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Efemena_xy: I quit sad

When una two finish, do ping the rest of us - to let us know it's safe to come back...

Don't mind me, I am difficult to stop when I enter "rightful indignation" mode but I have read you and will stop.

Thank you.
Re: Questions For Married Men by EfemenaXY: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Mac smiley
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
Efemena_xy: Thanks Mac smiley

Thank you x2
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Zayhal... I don't have a problem with him.... he does obviously... I will not sit there and let him insult me and my father and run his mouth and rub it on my face! Never!

I will stop as you've said.
Re: Questions For Married Men by ifyalways(f): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
I had to double check if by any chance i missed my way and sleep walked to the "dreaded" religion section of nld.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by zayhal(f): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
Abi o Ify. Even I was feeling awkward typing all those here but I just couldn't help correcting the wrong impressions.
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
@Sis Zayhal,can you show me a narration that says wives of companions of the prophet worked after the verse was sent,or khadijat worked after the verse?thanks.Because you said,you came here too correct misconception.
In Islam even if a woman wants to work it should never for once jeopadise the training of your kids islamically e.g learning arabic/tajweed,Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet and all other good things kids should know and do,their meals ontime,their sleep on time,their homework,laundry, etc ,husby's food ontime,his laundry,ability to look beautiful for him cos its only Him Allah commanded a woman to show her beauty etc, giving your extended family time,and not failing to give a quality time to the worship of Allah,now tell me if a pious woman goes outthere to work her head off just as her husband is doing,who does all these,is it nanny?Its prefarably for one to own business fine,or work very few hours,like four hours in a dignified environment, i for one, i buy and sell islamic clothing,halal catering,and in near future inshaALLAH planning learning sewing halal wears,yet i don't contribute to bills,my husband will never ask me for a dime,cos its his responsibility to foot bills as Allah said,cos i have my responsibilities as a wife and mother too.

To the one that asked if am Alabodo,Its better to be Alabodo,who gets pockets money from her husband and meets all her needs without stress,which is accepted,than to be an overworked sadist stresfull face woman who pays bills with her husband or pay the full bills and the husband still KO (IBASUN TO KAN)Sour /hard*** to her,So tell me,is your husband not ripping you off?except he compensate you with the pepetual nappy changing,and guess what?when Your husby is tired of those stupid chores,He will just opt for a extra-marital or if hes bold enough,He will marry her and you will become everlasting sadist.
Re: Questions For Married Men by SisiKill1: 10:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
uplawal: @Sis Zayhal,can you show me a narration that says wives of companions of the prophet worked after the verse was sent,or khadijat worked after the verse?thanks.Because you said,you came here too correct misconception.

[size=18pt]In Islam even if a woman wants to work it should never for once jeopadise the training of your kids islamically e.g learning arabic/tajweed,Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet and all other good things kids should know and do,their meals ontime,their sleep on time,their homework,laundry, etc ,husby's food ontime,his laundry[/size]ability to look beautiful for him cos its only Him Allah commanded a woman to show her beauty etc, giving your extended family time,and not failing to give a quality time to the worship of Allah,now tell me if a pious woman goes outthere to work her head off just as her husband is doing,who does all these,is it nanny?Its prefarably for one to own business fine,or work very few hours,like four hours in a dignified environment, i for one, i buy and sell islamic clothing,halal catering,and in near future inshaALLAH planning learning sewing halal wears,yet i don't contribute to bills,my husband will never ask me for a dime,cos its his responsibility to foot bills as Allah said,cos i have my responsibilities as a wife and mother too.

To the one that asked if am Alabodo,Its better to be Alabodo,who gets pockets money from her husband and meets all her needs without stress,which is accepted,than to be an overworked sadist stresfull face woman who pays bills with her husband or pay the full bills and the husband still KO (IBASUN TO KAN)Sour /hard*** to her,So tell me,is your husband not ripping you off?except he compensate you with the pepetual nappy changing,and guess what?when Your husby is tired of those stupid chores,He will just opt for a extra-marital or if hes bold enough,He will marry her and you will become everlasting sadist.

zayhal: @jidegirl

You're getting so many things wrong about Islam perhaps because you're using your home/experience to judge all Muslims. To start with, most of the muslim men around me are usually the first to apologise when they wrong their wives, in fact, I have one who jokes about the fact that whether he's the wrong or wronged, he's the one that apologises because his wife simply refuses to. Well, maybe I'm just lucky to have such one-in-a-million, exceptional muslim men around me.

On the topic, you emphasise that the Quran says the man must be responsible for everything in the home. You're not far from the truth. Each partner has clear stipulated responsibilities and roles to play in the home and the quran states these in no unclear terms. Interestingly, you will not find anywhere in same holy book that forbids the woman from helping her husband should the need arise.

If a man refuses his wife to work, it's a personal choice.[size=18pt]It is not prohibited for a woman to work and earn money in Islam as long as her work does not get in the way of her primary responsibility which is her home, hubby, kids.[/size] The Prophet's first wife was a successful business woman and she and her hubby (Prophet Muhammed) did business together. How about that? There's the history of many muslim companions of the Prophet whose wives were the breadwinners in their homes.

I guess maclatunji ignored uplawal's post because of her over-sentimental and aggressive approach to issues. I'd do same.
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Thank you o uplawal Somebody is quoting Al-Quran for me?? ( iku lo mu eja kako).... I just wanted the thing to die down that's why I didn't want to take it further!

In as much as I do not agree with most your points there...

Go open another thread and I will come there!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by kashman1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
1,2,3 yes..4 my wife has the ability to take over bills if needed....5 yes
Re: Questions For Married Men by TheMadame(f): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmm. Lots of strange comments here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Experience With Sleep Talkers Or Sleep Walkers. / How To Catch A Cheating Boyfriend Or Husband- A Must Read For Ladies! / Nigerian Women And Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.