Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? (1004 Views)

Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / If This Is True Then Why Isn't This Woman Arrested Yet? / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 26, 2012
The pictures below goes to confirm my submission that notwithstanding the PROPAGANDA by some ACN fanatics that Lagos is now a glorious mega city, there's still SO MUCH left undone. It smacks of HYPOCRISY to overlook the ROT in several parts of Lagos after 8yr rule of Tinubu and another 5yr rule by Fashola, while at the same time expecting GEJ to fix the ROT in every sector in Nigeria in 2 or 3yrs. This is HYPOCRISY of the highest order. The pictures below show the ROT in some parts of Lagos:
http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-ghettorized-lagos-abule-egba-area-lagos-metro-after-little-rainfall
http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-dana-crash-site-lagos-abandoned-ground-victims-left-fate
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by jmaine: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2012
With respect to the flooding issue, refuse collection and disposal . . .The Lagos state Govt is putting appreciable effort in that stead to correct and make things work properly . .Though more effort is needed , especially on the part of the Lagos inhabitants who undo whatever lil work the agencies proffer . . .

Relax dude . . . Lagos is a mini version of Nigeria so i understand the import of your message wink
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
Lagos will definitely get there! it all depends on the attitude of lagosians if they are willing to work with the government to make lagos what it is suppose to be.A MEGA CITY! Eko oni baje o!
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
I do not intend to malign the Lagos state govt but to point out the HYPOCRISY and CONTRADICTIONS in the assessments of public office holders.
The Lagos light rail system was commenced by the Jakande govt in the early 80's but the project was unfortunately terminated by Buhari after the coup of 1983. The project was re-started in this 4th republic but after Tinubu's 8yrs rule and Fashola's 5yrs rule, the project is yet to be completed. A light rail system within a small and resource rich state like Lagos cannot be completed in 13yrs? This is a CATASTROPHE. But it is explicable to the ACN fanatics, yet they CRUCIFY GEJ for according to them "failing to fix all sectors" within 2 to 3yrs
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Demdem(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Only the misinformed will believe anything that comes from sahara reporters. grin grin
Photo shopped pictures from Aba. dont be deceived by the yellow black bus in the mud.
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by emiye(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I do not intend to malign the Lagos state govt but to point out the HYPOCRISY and CONTRADICTIONS in the assessments of public office holders.
The Lagos light rail system was commenced by the Jakande govt in the early 80's but the project was unfortunately terminated by Buhari after the coup of 1983. The project was re-started in this 4th republic but after Tinubu's 8yrs rule and Fashola's 5yrs rule, the project is yet to be completed. A light rail system within a small and resource rich state like Lagos cannot be completed in 13yrs? This is a CATASTROPHE. But it is explicable to the ACN fanatics, yet they CRUCIFY GEJ for according to them "failing to fix all sectors" within 2 to 3yrs

Hey !, At the end of the current tenure of the ACN governor, Lagos will still have bad roads and slums.... FACT.
Does that mean the LASG has failed? NO.

What you watch out for to assess performance is RATE OF IMPROVEMENT.

a last runner in a relay race who received the baton at the 8th position and finished in the 2nd placed deserve more accolades than the other guy in the other team who received his baton as the first placed and came first at the end of the race.
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by anulaxad(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
no place in Nigeria is working no state nowhere they best i have seen is rivers not akwa ibom its just disgraceful lagos is 100 percent worser than ogun state. and if you have been to abekouta you will know what im talking about.
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by duality(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Demdem: Only the misinformed will believe anything that comes from sahara reporters. grin grin
Photo shopped pictures from Aba. dont be deceived by the yellow black bus in the mud.

say it; when its convenient for you. tomorrow, you'll shoot from another angle. SMH
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2012
Demdem: Only the misinformed will believe anything that comes from sahara reporters. grin grin
This is the hypocrisy and double speak that we talk about. Even a concrete evidence such as picture is being disputed? I'm no fan of SR but this is a picture for goodness sake. You guys pick up figures from unknown sources or from the gutter and use it to discredit targeted persons. On the same breath, you try to shove aside a concrete evidence such as photographs. This is Unbeliveable!
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2012
duality:

say it; when its convenient for you. tomorrow, you'll shoot from another angle. SMH

Sincere 9gerian:
This is the hypocrisy and double speak that we talk about. Even a concrete evidence such as picture is being disputed? I'm no fan of SR but this is a picture for goodness sake. You guys pick up figures from unknown sources or from the gutter and use it to discredit targeted persons. On the same breath, you try to shove aside a concrete evidence such as photographs. This is Unbeliveable!

Both dumb to get my drift. products of a failed educational system.
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by Ikengawo: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2012
Im a nigerian in america and im trying to learn something that seems to puzzle me

why the hell do nigerians think floods are man made or preventable?
Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by 740megawatts: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2012
Some people are very sick. That's all I will say. I'm out...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Working, Isn't It? by anulaxad(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2012
Ikengawo: Im a nigerian in america and im trying to learn something that seems to puzzle me

why the hell do nigerians think floods are man made or preventable?

[/b] who said it's not preventable because it is if you have and underground pipe jacking system like the one they have in London or drain holes on pavements and roads and a tunnel underground where the water can flow into.[b]

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Now A Pro-jonathan Forum? / Senator Yerima You Go Wound Oh! / BOKO HARAM: We Can’t Rejoice ’over Abubakar Shekau's Death, Says CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.