Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) (1006 Views)

PDP Spokesperson Abuses And Doubts Credibility Of JEGA Announcement / Testing The Credibility Of Abia South Guber Candidates / What The Government Should Do About The Nigerian Police Force (npf) (2) (3) (4)

The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by bubadaniel13: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
Taking a critical look at the spate of attacks on the NPF ,it beats one imagination on how a security outfit like the NPF which is saddled with the responsibility on maintaining law and order can be so vulnerable at all times by the evil sect Boko Haram. Could it be as a result of incompetence, inefficiency or compromise? These are lingering questions on so many lips whenever the NPF fails. The credibility questions on the NPF are becoming to numerous and no answers have been given so far,come to think of it, is it the June 2012 attack on the force headquarters in Abuja, or the escape of Kabiru Sokoto In February 2012,Sani Mohammed one of the commanders of Boko Haram is still at large a report that the NPF is still denying, the latest is the attack on the Special Anti Robbery Squad(SARS) on Monday morning where several prisoners were freed. Are we really safe in the hands of the police? These blunders are accumulating almost on a daily basis. Just last week the NPF and the Nigerian Army signed a pact on fighting terror, could this be the resultant effect of the pact? i just hope the NPF is not robbing its bad blood on the Nigerian Army because of the Jaji attack which is suppose to be the highest military college in Nigeria. What a big shame to the NPF, maybe we citizens should start getting ready to protect the police. Sincerely, if not for other security agencies in Nigeria, we would have been history by now, we must not loose hope and confidence in fighting this evil called Boko Haram, but the NPF must wake up from its slumber to meet the rising challenges in fighting terror, especially the Boko Haram evil.

SOURCE: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-attacks-sars-police-hq-abuja/131751/
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Obassy(f): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
All they know best is to collect bribe and friend thousands of women.................... Idiots
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Joeadamu86: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Its so dishearthening that the NPF has become a shadow of itself,we are all left at the mercies of criminal elements cos of its failures,i wonder what will be on their minds now,maybe the NPF needs prayer and fasting for them to be active again....
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by redsun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
The type of government a coutry has reflects the type of police force it has and vice versa.

There is a country because there is a rogue police and there is a rogue police because there is a rogue goverment.They both go hand in hand,like shadows.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Opiti99: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
@poster u have failed to capture their extrajudicial killings in ur write up...hmm, all these added to the reason why people are clamoring for state police, because of their inefficiency. NPF wake up.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Joeadamu86: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Opiti99: @poster u have failed to capture their extrajudicial killings in ur write up...hmm, all these added to the reason why people are clamoring for state police, because of their inefficiency. NPF wake up.
All we want is a secured country where our lives and properties will be guaranteed,but the NPF is making matters worst,i dont think state police will safe the situation cos the governors will politize it,let the NPF be overhauled for greater efficiency that's all.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by MurphyT1: 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
i dnt even know wot to say again, itz so so appalling that some officials of the NPF can compromise at the detriment of the populace, itz so sad...first it was Kabiru, then Sanni, now most of them hav bin freed...smh na wa wa...i think some sensitive Boko haram issues shud b handled by other competend security agencies to avoid this lapses on the side of police...i pray the Lord see us tru this trying times as a Nation, cos d NPF credibility is really indoubt.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by usmanyaro17: 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
I don't think the NPF has one iota of credibility,their recruitment is always flawed and their orientation is just money,how I wish they are know how important the police is to the society,but they keep failing us.The NPF needs drastic change.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Deleahmed: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2012
Then if the NPF are incapacitated in ensuring an adequate security for themselves...so where lies the fate of Nigerians?
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Solemntee: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2012
NPF should stop bringing shame to security agencies in the country and try to justify that they are capable of discharging their assigned responsibility... enough of this nonsensical attitude of the nigeria police force...what this portrays is attitude of lacklustre and lethargy...Govt should let head roll...we can no longer accept this as a country.
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by usmanyaro17: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2012
Solemn tee: NPF should stop bringing shame to security agencies in the country and try to justify that they are capable of discharging their assigned responsibility... enough of this nonsensical attitude of the nigeria police force...what this portrays is attitude of lacklustre and lethargy...Govt should let head roll...we can no longer accept this as a country.
You are right on point...
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Femzy24: 10:32am On Nov 27, 2012
i learnt the IG has ask for a proper investigation...i wonder when this will end, wot r they suppose to investigate? the Police need to tell Nigerians wot is really happening, cos itz like de r derailing...i just hope other security agencies wish we depend on wont let us down...
Re: The CREDIBILITY Of NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE(NPF) by Joeadamu86: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2012
Femzy24: i learnt the IG has ask for a proper investigation...i wonder when this will end, wot r they suppose to investigate? the Police need to tell Nigerians wot is really happening, cos itz like de r derailing...i just hope other security agencies wish we depend on wont let us down...
The police is failure,they need to put their house in order very fast....

Jonathan’s Foreign Trips Gulp N3.3bn …travelled 20 Times In 2012 / PDP Crisis: Bamangar Tukur Replaces Oyinlola As National Secretary / Polio Killings: Dr. Ahmed Datti Started It