Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False (7790 Views)

A Wicked Rumor About Fashola / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / Ministerial Nominee Jumps In Lagoon. Frustration Or African Juju At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Fatdon(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
Operators of both the Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) and LAGBUS bus services in Lagos have denied a message posted by FRSC on its Twitter page that a vehicle in their fleets was involved in any road mishap on Monday.

The rumour mill was thick on Monday morning to the effect that 'a fully loaded BRT bus crashed and plunged into the Lagoon from the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos'. This rumour stemmed from this post taken from the Twitter page of the FRSC: “A fully loaded BRT bus fell off the 3rd mainland bridge into the Lagos lagoon, 26-11-12. Rescue work in progress. Motorists be cautious.”

The managing director of LAGBUS Assets Management Ltd., operators of LAGBUS buses, Mr Babatunde Disu, denied any such incident. Disu said that no bus in the LAGBUS fleet, as well as its sister transport company, BRT, was involved in any accident on Monday. "Some people can be mischievous! Nothing of such has happened and nobody is praying for such a disaster", Disu said.

In the same vein, Mr Kolawole Ojelabi, a consultant with the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA)-- regulators of the BRT-- said that the "malicious rumour was only the imagination of some weird people". Ojelabi also prayed that no such evil would befall the transport sector in the state, either private or public.
www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/48072-lagbus-brt-say-no-bus-fell-into-the-lagoon
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Super1759: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
Mchewwwwwwwww.
don't even know what to believe again.
Nations newspaper broke a news and businessday is countering it, this our media self.

Nairalanders close to mainland bridge should tell us what's up abeg
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by dominique(f): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
What does FRSC stand to gain by starting such a horrible rumour. Thank God that's all it is, I'm sick of hearing bad news.
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by UnknownMember: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
Okay!!

Noted!!
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
THANK GOD IT WAS ALL A RUMOR
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by benedictjohn(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nigerians sabi lIE!!!!!!
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by benedictjohn(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nigerians sabi lIE!!!!!! Evn •̸ϞΕ̲̣̣̣̥ sef
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
But FRSC tweeted it nah.
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
Super1759:

Nairalanders close to mainland bridge should tell us what's up abeg
ok i just dived into the lagoon! checking for dead bodies and a BRT Bus...........NEGATIVE.na only fish i dey see for here! FRSC must be high on Alomo mixed with Izal! mtscheeew! undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by 2Mekus: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
Took one to the office this morning and we passed 3rd Mainland Bridge and did not notice anything from either sides. Someone called me to find out if I was okay and that was how I got know about this story. I don't think it is true unless it happened after we have passed the bridge.
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by naptu2: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
I first heard about this around 8am. People were tweeting @Gidi_Traffic to find out if it's true. @FRSCNigeria later tweeted that it's true.

@Gidi_Traffic confirmed that it is false. Lagos State Traffic Fm 96.1 also confirmed that it's false.

@FRSCNigeria later tweeted

The news retweeted by FRSC on an accident involving a BRT in Lagos could not b confirmed. Pls disregard d information.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FRSCNigeria/status/273052290515091456?p=v
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by greatgod2012(f): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
God forbid bad thing, i just hope they are not using this to calm people down. I pray it remains false.

1 Like

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by lifestyle1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
undecided
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by iamswizz(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Super1759: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
Imanuelle: But FRSC tweeted it nah.
the countered the tweet later. Maybe they want us to know that they are on tweeter and get many followers

1 Like

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by greall1: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
Fake news.
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Super1759: 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: ok i just dived into the lagoon! checking for dead bodies and a BRT Bus...........NEGATIVE.na only fish i dey see for here! FRSC must be high on Alomo mixed with Izal! mtscheeew! undecided undecided
gringringringringringringringrin azu mmiri
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by feezy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2012
e be like say FRSC neva get comment 4 dea twitter page since wen dey open dat account. mstchewww
EKO ONI BAJE OOOO

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Francheezy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2012
FRSC don turn 2 MTN, lierZ
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Super1759: the countered the tweet later. Maybe they want us to know that they are on tweeter and get many followers
if they wanna get followers by tweeting rumors,they are on a long thing! abeg when will Boko Haram be on Twitter? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by cecetanna: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
Seems some people are so used to receiving bad news. Even after FRSC announced the news to be false, some were still arguing that it actually happened undecided
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Born2beRich1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
My question is why would FRSC lie that the BRT bus fell into a lagoon in lagos?.....Either they are the liars or Lagos state government are the ones telling the Lies...The truth will come out very soon. sad
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by debomb: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
sad what ever works in this country?

1 Like

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
THANK GOD ITS AFTER ALL A HOAX. smiley wink cheesy smiley
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Jarus(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
This is what I guess happened:

One person tweeted, either out of mischief or overhearing another person, the story.

FRSC, wanting to claim glory or at least effectiveness in its work, tweeted it (or FRSC heard from an illiterate market woman who might raised false alarm, not likely deliberately)

The it begins to go round.
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by trendystuf(f): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2012

Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by taharqa: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: ok i just dived into the lagoon! checking for dead bodies and a BRT Bus...........NEGATIVE.na only fish i dey see for here! FRSC must be high on Alomo mixed with Izal! mtscheeew! undecided undecided
hahaha...'news' from 9ja these days tire pesin o
Re: Rumor About BRT Bus Falling In Lagoon Was False by Werehkpe: 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
Imanuelle: But FRSC tweeted it nah.

Super1759: the countered the tweet later. Maybe they want us to know that they are on tweeter and get many followers

Na wa o. So FRSC don de twitter. ha ha ha. Walai we ae not just a serious country.

Na so some pipo collect almost 100m to open Facebook account and page for one government ministry

ha ha ha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Frees Ndume From Terrorism Charges / It's Time For Middle Belt To Produce The Next President, Sen Jang Tell Nigerians / Over 2300 APC Members Defect To PDP In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.