Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (833894 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esiri111(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Indeed grin
GOOD you know.

meanwhile;
This IS the excerpt.;
Cause and EffectIn logic there is a principle that states: every effect must have an adequate cause. This is the basis of all science. This “law” of correct thinking bears a relationship to the origin of the universe. It is well established that the universe has not existed forever. Dr. Robert Jastrow, internationally known space scientist, declared that “modern science denies an eternal existence to the Universe.”If the universe has not existed forever, how can its origin be explained? There are only two possibilities: it was self-created; or it was created by something or someone other than itself, and of a nature different than thematerial.However, no material thing is able to create itself. If that were possible, there would be evidence of such. But the First Law of Thermodynamics argues that matter is not nowbeing created. Since matter could not have formed itself, it must have anon-materialsource, i.e., a “mind” cause. Great thinkers have concluded that this Mind is God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
Esiri111:

GOOD you know.

meanwhile;
This IS the excerpt.;
Cause and EffectIn logic there is a principle that states: every effect must have an adequate cause. This is the basis of all science. This “law” of correct thinking bears a relationship to the origin of the universe. It is well established that the universe has not existed forever. Dr. Robert Jastrow, internationally known space scientist, declared that “modern science denies an eternal existence to the Universe.”If the universe has not existed forever, how can its origin be explained? There are only two possibilities: it was self-created; or it was created by something or someone other than itself, and of a nature different than the material. However, no material thing is able to create itself. If that were possible, there would be evidence of such. But the First Law of Thermodynamics argues that matter is not now being created. Since matter could not have formed itself, it must have anon-materialsource, i.e., a “mind” cause. Great thinkers have concluded that this Mind is God.
I beg to differ, human beings have actually created itself.
A man and woman engage in sexual intercourse, procreates and give birth to newer offsprings.
By the way, scientist never said Earth created itself; Earth was formed by collision of masses. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_and_evolution_of_the_Solar_System

First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
It further stated that "it can be changed from one form to another", just as scientist wrote that Earth had been in existence but in another form until the particles came together and form the one with life.

By the way, you are typing out of point. I didn't say God didn't create Earth.
You wrote that other gods have unprovable philosophies, not as if your own God has provable philosophy. Smh

I'm asking you to prove your own God philosophy and you are saying another thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm a chameleon.
I could act as a theist while arguing with protestants and deist/atheist while theist & atheist are arguing.

I am confused. embarassed

That's intriguing. I hope you settle on one identity
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm a chameleon.
I could act as a theist while arguing with protestants and deist/atheist while theist & atheist are arguing.

I am confused. embarassed

grin grin Lol
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esiri111(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

I beg to differ, human beings have actually created itself.
A man and woman engage in sexual intercourse, procreates and give birth to newer offsprings.
That's not creation. In creation , the Creatork determines the existence, the complexion, position of organs, etc of the Creation.
However , Common sense should have told you that when we talk of self creation we mean the same being building itself. not as a result of Like beings. I have to explain simple logic to you. (YOU really have alot of learning to do.)

By the way, scientist never said Earth created itself; Earth was formed by collision of masses. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_and_evolution_of_the_Solar_System
EVEN many nonbelievers do not believe that crap called Evolution . The fact IS that it have no prove of origin.

First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
It further stated that "it can be changed from one form to another", just as scientist wrote that Earth had been in existence but in another form until the particles came together and form the one with life.
SO you know that! Yet so said humans create themselves
However can you tell me the origin of energy or did it come out of nothing and started converting from one form to another?
Can you also (without playing with words)give me the meaning of life and a direct prove of how the non living could form life itself.

By the way, you are typing out of point. I didn't say God didn't create Earth.
You wrote that other gods have unprovable philosophies, not as if your own God has provable philosophy.

I'm asking you to prove your own God philosophy and you are saying another thing.
You sure never understood what I posted.
The Philosophy I was talking of was atheist not polydeism

Also I will cease to reply you henceforth coz it seems you're nowhere.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Esiri111:

That's not creation. In creation , the Creator determines the existence, the complexion, position of organs, etc of the Creation.
However , Common sense should have told you that when we talk of self creation we mean the same being building itself. not as a result of Like beings. I have to explain simple logic to you. (YOU really have alot of learning to do.)
I'm slightly dark. My body physical, chemical & genetic makeup was determined by my Father and mother chromosomes. If you doubt, I can present them as proof.
Oh, I see you want to chip the whole credit to your skydaddy(probably Yahweh) - I can see that Buddha, Allah, Zeus etc, created some of them like Rilwayne001. grin
I need a proof that your God created those things. Thank you!
EVEN many nonbelievers do not believe that crap called Evolution . The fact IS that it have no prove of origin.
Yeah! It has no proof. Same way your theistic God doesn't have, either.
Great thinkers don't just swallow fables and tales, hook-lines and sinker.
Evolution thesis is more believable than bible - it doesn't contradict itself unlike the latter.
Even men have truly been evolving unlike bible that says we must remain stagnant....
SO you know that! Yet so said humans create themselves
However can you tell me the origin of energy or did it come out of nothing and started converting from one form to another?
Energy is ability to do work - force exerted on a body.
Just like earth came through tiny masses, so is energy.
I don't suppose to be arguing these; I believe that God created the Earth.
Can you also (without playing with words)give me the meaning of life and a direct prove of how the non living could form life itself.
I'm a deist: God created all forms of thing but I don't believe it's your Yahweh or Allah etc

You sure never understood what I posted.
The Philosophy I was talking of was atheist not polydeism

Also I will cease to reply you henceforth coz it seems you're nowhere.
Okay grin
Sayanora

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm slightly dark. My body physical, chemical & genetic makeup was determined by my Father and mother chromosomes. If you doubt, I can present them as proof.
Oh, I see you want to chip the whole credit to your skydaddy(probably Yahweh) - I can see that Buddha, Allah, Zeus etc, created some of them like Rilwayne001. grin
I need a proof that your God created those things. Thank you!

Lol grin grin make i just sitdown here dey look you.

Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 10:
They but destroy themselves, they who are given to guessing at what they cannot ascertain –

Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 11:
they who blunder along, in ignorance lost

^^That in this^^ table symphony, the very sounds that which move me to tears and ectasy …Glory be to him who inspired the Quran smiley smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol grin grin make i just sitdown here dey look you.

Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 10:
They but destroy themselves, they who are given to guessing at what they cannot ascertain –

Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 11:
they who blunder along, in ignorance lost

^^That in this^^ table symphony, the very sounds that which move me to tears and ectasy …Glory be to him who inspired the Quran smiley smiley
I like this one tongue

Surah 2:223
Your woman is your field, go into your field whichever you like.

Quran(2: 191-123)
And kill them[infidels] wherever you find them, and turn them out where they have turned you out

Glory be to him who inspired quran. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
See Francistony feeling cool with himself grin grin grin. Very soon you'll change your siggy to "Proudly atheist and Catholic" grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChynoBEATS: 1:01am On Jan 27, 2015
An0nimus:

Is that all? I am disappointed.

People just talk about islamization of Nigeria every where I go and I can't stop wondering what they're really scared of.

To be quite sincere you're perpetually stupid for being adequately blind ..... Do u knw thÀt buhari who's a sunni muslim is determined to reck havoc to the minor peace we'r having in this country

You talk as-if you don't knw wats going on in this country.. N u call ur self a christian.....

Buhari made a comment on. Liberty radio in kano ..in. Which he said .... That the Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad We all Call boko-haram in nigeria r being treated like militants while the niger delta bois are Being treated like kings ...... do u know what that means??........

N the same buhari said... If power doesn't return to the north the dog's "igbo's n baboons "niger deltans" 'll Be soaked in their own blood bath

Do u think he doesn't have a hand in what's happening??...

Buhari has contested over 4times 'twice against obj ,once against yar'adua n once against JONATHAN in dis same presidential election n he has failed woefully

N each time he does order the mass killing of christians in the north??

Can you give me one reason why he doesn't want to quit contesting for such position??

Do u think its a joking matter

Do u even sit n. Tink aboÙt all what is going on ........

Do you know the implications of being a christian if he becomes the president??

imagine this same BUHaRI killed 3women by firing squad

this same BUHaRI imprisoned a man because he went to Israel
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 27, 2015
An0nimus:
See Francistony feeling cool with himself grin grin grin. Very soon you'll change your siggy to "Proudly atheist and Catholic" grin
I won't. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2015
FrancisTony:

I like this one tongue

Surah 2:223
Your woman is your field, go into your field whichever you like.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 223:
Your wives are your tilth; go, then, unto your tilth as you may desire, but first provide something for your souls, and remain conscious of God, and know that you are destined to meet Him. And give glad tidings unto those who believe.

]Quran(2: 191-123)
And kill them[infidels] wherever you find them, and turn them out where they have turned you out

smiley

Glory be to him who inspired quran. smiley smiley

Yes...Indeed smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

To be quite sincere you're perpetually stupid for being adequately blind ..... Do u knw thÀt buhari who's a sunni muslim is determined to reck havoc to the minor peace we'r having in this country

You talk as-if you don't knw wats going on in this country.. N u call ur self a christian.....

Buhari made a comment on. Liberty radio in kano ..in. Which he said .... That the Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad We all Call boko-haram in nigeria r being treated like militants while the niger delta bois are Being treated like kings ...... do u know what that means??........

N the same buhari said... If power doesn't return to the north the dog's "igbo's n baboons "niger deltans" 'll Be soaked in their own blood bath

Buhari has contested over 4times 'twice against obj ,once against yar'adua n once against JONATHAN in dis same presidential election n he has failed woefully

Can you give me one reason why he doesn't want to quit contesting for such position??

Bros, you have to provide substantial evidence for all the above allegations.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Your wives are your tilth; go, then, unto your tilth as you may desire, but first provide something for your souls, and remain conscious of God, and know that you are destined to meet Him. And give glad tidings unto those who believe.

smiley

Yes...Indeed smiley

I don't usually bother with islam because I respect all other religions. I'm sorry but when I checked the verse (sura 2; 223) I didn't see it written as how you wrote it.

Are there different Quran's or am I missing something
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I don't usually bother with islam because I respect all other religions. I'm sorry but when I checked the verse (sura 2; 223) I didn't see it written as how you wrote it.

Are there different Quran's or am I missing something

No,

Can you please provide the translation you read? I mean exactly how it is written.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No,

Can you please provide the translation you read? I mean exactly how it is written.

Your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your place of cultivation however you wish and put forth [righteousness] for yourselves. And fear Allah and know that you will meet Him. And give good tidings to the believers.

Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth (have sexual relations with your wives in any manner as long as it is in the vagina and not in the anus), when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).

So, you can understand my surprise reading your own translation

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your place of cultivation however you wish and put forth [righteousness] for yourselves. And fear Allah and know that you will meet Him. And give good tidings to the believers.

I don't see any difference in the above and the translation I provided. I will like you to point out your perceived difference in it.

Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth (have sexual relations with your wives in any manner as long as it is in the vagina and not in the anus), when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).

First of all I will to know the name of this translation.

And will like to point to you that those words in the bracket are words of the translators and not the exact arabic words of the verse.

So, you can understand my surprise reading your own translation

Still the same thing, even though the second translation tries to add his own exigesis to the exact translation, thereby making it void.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I don't see any difference in the above and the translation I provided. I will like you to point out your perceived difference in it.

First of all I will to know the name of this translation.

And will like to point to you that those words in the bracket are words of the translators and not the exact arabic words of the verse.

Still the same thing, even though the second translation tries to add his own exigesis to the exact translation, thereby making it void.

I had to look for the names of the translations on google. I don't know much about the Quran. The first is sahih international and the second is Muhsin Kahn.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

To be sincere you're perpetually stupid for being adequately blind ..... Do u knw thÀt buhari who's a sunni muslim is determined to reck havoc to the minor peace we'r having in this country

Thank you for calling me stupid and blind. Your opinion is notedsmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I had to look for the names of the translations on google. I don't know much about the Quran. The first is sahih international and the second is Muhsin Kahn.

If the second one is Mohsin Khan then you must have copied the wrong translation (i.e. def' not that of muhsin khan).

Here is the translation of that verse by Mohsin Kahn:

Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

The above though similar with the one you pasted the other time, the one you pasted has been tampered with.

So I think you must have copied it from one of those anti-Islam website.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

If the second one is Mohsin Khan then you must have copied the wrong translation (i.e. def' not that of muhsin khan).

Here is the translation of that verse by Mohsin Kahn:

Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

The above though similar with the one you pasted the other time, the one you pasted has been tampered with.

So I think you must have copied it from one of those anti-Islam website.

Quran.com is anti-muslim?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Lol, I am surprised you didn't see that coming, did you? grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

No.

But I think there is a problem here for the mohsin khan here on my phone is different from the way it is translated on the quran.com site, or maybe its not a problem afterall for the one on that site (Quran.com) tries to make some few exigesis on it, that was why it was in bracket. Also I will like to note to you that those words in bracket are not found in the exact arabic text of the Quran, they are the words of thrle translators.

And so far I don't see any problem with the verse (both khan and sahih translations) or what is the exact problem you have with it?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mintayo:

Lol, I am surprised you didn't see that coming, did you? grin

Bros, how do you sell you palm oil? is it in gallons or in tanks?

I will like to do business with you smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No.

But I think there is a problem here for the mohsin khan here on my phone is different from the way it is translated on the quran.com site, or maybe its not a problem afterall for the one on that site (Quran.com) tries to make some few exigesis on it, that was why it was in bracket. Also I will like to note to you that those words in bracket are not found in the exact arabic text of the Quran, they are the words of thrle translators.

And so far I don't see any problem with the verse (both khan and sahih translations) or what is the exact problem you have with it?

No problem. The issue from christian sites about the message of that surah is that it puts women as se.x objects- fields that the men can go into.

This is not my opinion. I don't read the quran. It is what I read in dome sites about the verse.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
No problem.

Okay...Good

The issue from christian sites about the message of that surah is that it puts women as se.x objects- fields that the men can go into.

The verse is clear enough, tilth or field is used in that verse to create an analogy in form of proverb i.e. a farmer goes to his field cultivate it and plant a seed in expectation of farm produce as harvest, this illustration is true message the Quran is passing to us here. A man goes to his field (i.e A woman) cultivate it (have intercourse with her) plant his seed (eject semen into her) while the man expect to harvest (i.e. offspring). That is why Mohsin Khan in his translation made it clear in bracket:

Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), land give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

Now my kind sire...Do you agree with my explanation above that the Quran is right to call women our field/tilth?

Do you agree with the xtians who said the verse refer women as sex object?

This is not my opinion. I don't read the quran. It is what I read in dome sites about the verse.

The problem with our people most especially our xtian brethrens is that they read articles concorted by some ignoramous to tarnish the image of islam. You can't understand the history of the United state by making enquiry from a chinese man, the chinese man will always mix things up for you while you can always get the full picture from the US citizen.

Trust you comprehend my points.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lo
Rilwayne001:

Bros, how do you sell you palm oil? is it in gallons or in tanks?

I will like to do business with you smiley
Whichever way you want it. We are here to meet your needs! grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mintayo:
Lo
Whichever way you want it. We are here to meet your needs! grin

Okay good...how much is it per gallon?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChynoBEATS: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
An0nimus:

..dude. I'm sorry ..... Din't mean to insult u tho.... Its just that U'nt In support of some1 who is of your Own religion who'll Protect your own Interest.... Rather you're in-terms with some1 who's ready to fight till the last drop of a christian blood spill On the floor
All in the name Of sharia

Hmm nawa o.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:13am On Jan 28, 2015
ChynoBEATS post =30195575:

..dude. I'm sorry.. Din't mean to insult u tho.... Its just that U'nt In support of some1 who is of your Own religion who'll Protect your own Interest.... Rather you're in-terms with some1 who's ready to fight till the last drop of a christian blood spill On the floor
All in the name Of sharia

Hmm nawa o.
No sweat bro. Apology accepted. Personally I believe GEJ will win as he's the incumbent so no worries about Islamization. What I feel Christians should pray for more is peace during and after the elections 'cause whoever wins, there's a high probability of violence from supporters of the other party.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChynoBEATS: 6:33am On Jan 28, 2015
An0nimus:

No sweat bro. Apology accepted. Personally I believe GEJ will win as he's the incumbent so no worries about Islamization. What I feel Christians should pray for more is peace during and after the elections 'cause whoever wins, there's a high probability of violence from supporters of the other party.

Noted
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:49am On Jan 28, 2015
An0nimus:

If I didn't know better.

Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: Stargirl2011(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.