Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (835730 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay...Good

The verse is clear enough, tilth or field is used in that verse to create an analogy in form of proverb i.e. a farmer goes to his field cultivate it and plant a seed in expectation of farm produce as harvest, this illustration is true message the Quran is passing to us here. A man goes to his field (i.e A woman) cultivate it (have intercourse with her) plant his seed (eject semen into her) while the man expect to harvest (i.e. offspring). That is why Mohsin Khan in his translation made it clear in bracket:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 223:
Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), land give good tidings to the believers (O Muhammad SAW).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

Now my kind sire...Do you agree with my explanation above that the Quran is right to call women our field/tilth?

Do you agree with the xtians who said the verse refer women as sex object?

The problem with our people most especially our xtian brethrens is that they read articles concorted by some ignoramous to tarnish the image of islam. You can't understand the history of the United state by making enquiry from a chinese man, the chinese man will always mix things up for you while you can always get the full picture from the US citizen.

Trust you comprehend my points.
"CHRISTIAN CHATBOX" Let's respect that.

Thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

Thanks

I'm sorry.

Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
For your attention, dagr8, Reyginus, an0nimus...

It's a long article and it would take more than I can afford right now to copy and paste but I urge you to read it. It's written by former CBN governor Charles Soludo and is very insightful regarding our discussions.

Rey, it particularly touches on the poverty stats and quotes the National Beaureu of Statistics on that and other interesting stats.

I agree with Mr Soludo. We have issues that should worry any thinking patriot. And I promise you religion and sharia law and islamization are not three of them.

www.saharareporters.com/2015/01/25/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-chukwuma-charles-soludo#.VMYOi6ArSD4.email
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

Thanks

Madam, please take it easy. He was just trying to explain something in the quran to christians.

I understand that he could have done it in a more respectful way towards christians.

No harm done.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
ihedinobi2:
It's a long article and it would take more than I can afford right now to copy and paste but I urge you to read it. It's written by former CBN governor Charles Soludo and is very insightful regarding our discussions.

Rey, it particularly touches on the poverty stats and quotes the National Beaureu of Statistics on that and other interesting stats.

I agree with Mr Soludo. We have issues that should worry any thinking patriot. And I promise you religion and sharia law and islamization are not three of them.

www.saharareporters.com/2015/01/25/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-chukwuma-charles-soludo#.VMYOi6ArSD4.email

Yea very insightful and he actually pointed meaningful issues
(so much praise to OBJ government where he served lipsrsealed); I don't know why the Anambrans refused the man their mandate to at least transfigure the economy of the state like he did in his analysis or to mismanage the state like he did the banking sector undecided)

Soludo said something I so agree with, "If Jonathan wins, then God must have been magnanimous to give him a second chance to redeem himself....One person assured me that we would see a ‘different Jonathan’ if he wins as he has been rattled by the harsh judgment of history on his presidency so far. I pray that he is right"
...Fellow Chatboxers,let's give Jonathan this chance grin instead of listening to some violent aggrieved persons who are seeking to fulfil self interest and who keep lying to us, no thinking patriot should do that.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
It will be very difficult for Jonathan to win the election (my opinion though ).
I see Buhari winning, the election annulled. Just like June 12.
Again, this is my opinion.
Good evening chat-boxers. grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Thanks man. So many talking points in this article I don't even know where to start from. Very enlightening piece I must confess, worth reading again and again.

Always knew OBJ left behind a good legacy, some people say he was only opportuned to be President when we experienced the telecom boom. The stats speak for themselves.

GEJ is working I guess. "Nelson Mandela did it, keep doing it".

You have no idea how much I hate that ad
angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mintayo:
It will be very difficult for Jonathan to win the election (my opinion though ).
I see Buhari winning, the election annulled. Just like June 12.
Again, this is my opinion.
Good evening chat-boxers. grin
gringringrin

GEJ will win. APC will cry foul in court grin

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
If I didn't know better.

Hmmmm
tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
ihedinobi2:

In politics and most especially in a time of politicking I double check every analysis presented by no matter who. I am not supporting Jonathan but I hate lies.

Soludo was quoting wrong values everywhere. I read that article and had to weigh it with what is on ground and the truth. It proved unworthy. The same poverty we were contending still came up oozing with lack of information. I don't respect his analysis because he was a one time CBN Governor but because it agrees with what is actually the truth.

Irrespective of how we try to disguise it or pretend it is not, Religion is a problem here. Our application of Religion in this country is a very big problem. Buhari cannot Islamize the country but he has already showed his love and ability to make sure he favours his people. When this holy man campaigns in the north he uses the tool to his advantage but when he speaks in the south he become a state man.Buhari will not do anything if it doesn't benefit his people. He didn't fight anything or corruption what he fought was his enemies.

There is a Lie Cycle going on about this man and of our country in the past caused by inadequate and refusal to check stories. This is how the cycle operates:

The majority read the wrong things and analyse these wrongs things by looking at the wrong things. Second, they pass the wrong things read as truth to the people around them. These people around them, who have been tortured, accept the wrong things as truth without questioning them. Third, they become parents and give birth to unformed kids who are then formed with these wrong things. As this is a direct source the lies become more toxic and wears a full attire of truth. Fourth, they pass the lie to the next generation and so on.

I don't think you know the depth of the wickedness and cluelessness of this man. Didn't you get a glimpse of it in his statement of result? Have you seen a lie with such a poor script?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
An0nimus:

Thanks man. So many talking points in this article I don't even know where to start from. Very enlightening piece I must confess, worth reading again and again.

Always knew OBJ left behind a good legacy, some people say he was only opportuned to be President when we experienced the telecom boom. The stats speak for themselves.

GEJ is working I guess. "Nelson Mandela did it, keep doing it".

You have no idea how much I hate that ad
angry
I hate that ad more than you do. It was one of the things at the heart of my new status: Angry Nigerian Youth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
Reyginus:
In politics and most especially in a time of politicking I double check every analysis presented by no matter who. I am not supporting Jonathan but I hate lies.
Good, bro.

Soludo was quoting wrong values everywhere. I read that article and had to weigh it with what is on ground and the truth. It proved unworthy. The same poverty we were contending still came up oozing with lack of information. I don't respect his analysis because he was a one time CBN Governor but because it agrees with what is actually the truth.
What are the right values and where do they come from?

Yes, we should not be so impressed by titles that we neglect to use our brains and confirm things for ourselves. However when we want to learn anything there are people that you EXPECT to know something about it because of positions they occupy.

Irrespective of how we try to disguise it or pretend it is not, Religion is a problem here. Our application of Religion in this country is a very big problem. Buhari cannot Islamize the country but he has already showed his love and ability to make sure he favours his people. When this holy man campaigns in the north he uses the tool to his advantage but when he speaks in the south he become a state man.Buhari will not do anything if it doesn't benefit his people. He didn't fight anything or corruption what he fought was his enemies.
That is not so different from what Jonathan is doing either. You don't consider it coincidence that pastors are endorsing Jonathan and promising to open the gates of hell against those who oppose him? That christians are being whipped with fear of islamization at every turn? Buhari is playing the part of a politician.

Now, about his fight against corruption in the eighties, all I can say is that you probably know something few other people know. I think it'd be best for us all if you shared it.

There is a Lie Cycle going on about this man and of our country in the past caused by inadequate and refusal to check stories. This is how the cycle operates:

The majority read the wrong things and analyse these wrongs things by looking at the wrong things. Second, they pass the wrong things read as truth to the people around them. These people around them, who have been tortured, accept the wrong things as truth without questioning them. Third, they become parents and give birth to unformed kids who are then formed with these wrong things. As this is a direct source the lies become more toxic and wears a full attire of truth. Fourth, they pass the lie to the next generation and so on.

I don't think you know the depth of the wickedness and cluelessness of this man. Didn't you get a glimpse of it in his statement of result? Have you seen a lie with such a poor script?
I didn't actually. I think it is an indictment of the army that he should be enlisted without a result. And of INEC that he has contested at least twice without having this issue.

Still we don't know the lie you have discovered. The statement of results saga is hardly malicious.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 29, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Good, bro.

What are the right values and where do they come from?
If you want to know about any truth on how poor any nation has fallen, I think the best place to look is at the report compiled by the world body in charge of wealth management. That is, the world bank. As of December last year, 2014, the rate of poverty in the country went down by almost 2% according to their assessment of the country Nigeria. I don't have the links but you can confirm it. Try bloomberg. I don't have to listen to anybody on this issue. Not even the weak UN.

ihedinobi2:

Yes, we should not be so impressed by titles that we neglect to use our brains and confirm things for ourselves. However when we want to learn anything there are people that you EXPECT to know something about it because of positions they occupy.

But then before we agree with these people we must first make sure they are still in touch with the field. It is just like Einstein in his old age kicking against the Heseinberg's Uncertainty Principle because he considers it rubbish even without accepting to try it out. Or the men in Galileo's time refusing to look at his telescope. In both, they are cut off reality by thinking to know too much(Einstein) and allowing sentiments override commonsense. Soludo is suffering from a combination of both.

ihedinobi2:

That is not so different from what Jonathan is doing either. You don't consider it coincidence that pastors are endorsing Jonathan and promising to open the gates of hell against those who oppose him? That christians are being whipped with fear of islamization at every turn? Buhari is playing the part of a politician.

Before I go ahead let me show you what I am saying. First, the church, I don't like the man Oyedepo to begin with, has refuted that statement. What the businessman(Oyedepo) said was that God will open the gates of hell on enemies of Nigeria.

Second. If Christains are whipped with such fear I think the question we should ask if it is justifiable. As in, has the man MB indicated in any way that he is willing to do such? Are these fears unfounded? The answer is, he has showed by his statements that he is willing to if you can but he cannot. He has publicly showed inside him his willingness to the cause of sharia and not hide his desire for this wind of sharia to touch all of us. I just paraphrased him.

Now do we then pardon him because he was playing the part of a politician? Are politicians rogue by nature? But then, you are missing something here, Ihe. That is, a man whose rise to this pedestal was controlled only by a leprose hand of integrity will have nothing to keep him there when the hand has been truly exposed for what it is. Integrity is his saviour and doom.

ihedinobi2:

Now, about his fight against corruption in the eighties, all I can say is that you probably know something few other people know. I think it'd be best for us all if you shared it.
[quote author=ihedinobi2 post=30226834]
I didn't actually. I think it is an indictment of the army that he should be enlisted without a result. And of INEC that he has contested at least twice without having this issue.
The suggestion, I think, should have been, why not we examine his prisoners and him. I advise we start from the first, Alex Ekwueme. I am game if you are game. Or tell me how we start.

ihedinobi2:

Still we don't know the lie you have discovered. The statement of results saga is hardly malicious.
Let me enumerate these lies.

1. Katsina created in 1987.
2. Katsina on a 1961 result.
3. 19 years old with passport of 60 years old.
4. Mohammed is not Muhammadu
5. Igbo in 1961. Lol. Hausa I mean.
6. Result tampered with with tipest.

Intellegent people won't tell these lies. You can show me they are not. Have in mind that SofR are kept for students just like the certificates and he never complained of loosing his. Two things are involved. This was badly and unintelligently forged, if not, why not approach the issuer of the masterlist to confiqm the cert? Which man of integrity and wisdom does that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2015
Let me also add. There are papers you should never take serious. I have tried to decipher these papers and the parties they work for. Though some are neutral.

Premium Times-APC
Vanguard-PDP
Nigerian Compass-PDP
DailyTrust-Nothern Agenda
DailyTimes-Undecided
The Nation-APC
The Sun-PDP. Very hidden propaganda
Sahara Reporters-APC. Hidden propaganda
Punch-APC.

Before you read them it is good you know what they are potentially capable of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:06am On Jan 29, 2015
I was disappointed with NOI's reply. Expected her to counter every point with numbers and facts not attacking Soludo.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:14am On Jan 29, 2015

Let me enumerate lies.

1. Katsina created in 1987.
2. Katsina on a 1961 result.
3. 19 years old with passport of 60 years old.
4. Mohammed is not Muhammadu
5. Igbo Language in 1961. Lol.
6. Result tampered with with tipest.

@Reyginus Found this thread interesting concerning the above. Your thoughts?

https://www.nairaland.com/2108098/defence-buharis-statement-results
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Let me also add. There are papers you should never take serious. I have tried to decipher these papers and the parties they work for. Though some are neutral.

Premium Times-APC
Vanguard-PDP
Nigerian Compass-PDP
DailyTrust-Nothern Agenda
DailyTimes-Undecided
The Nation-APC
The Sun-PDP. Very hidden propaganda
Sahara Reporters-APC. Hidden propaganda
Punch-APC.

Before you read them it is good you know what they are potentially capable of.

I am not surprised. Nigerian press is a shame.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 29, 2015
An0nimus:

@Reyginus Found this thread interesting concerning the above. Your thoughts?

https://www.nairaland.com/2108098/defence-buharis-statement-results
Let me address points briefly. He didn't really address the question of authenticity. He is not even saying the statement of result is either forged or not forged. He only told us that the function of isuing a statement of result lies in the hands of the school. There is nothing to address in his first point.

His second point proved smart. But it still begs the question. If the results can be so easily obtained from the masterlist what is stopping him from asking the issuers of this masterlist for this certificate? So, it still boils down to inauthenticity. Anybody can pay anybody to pen down anything but as long as the body in charge of authenticating such a thing is unaware of it then it is not their product.

I agree with him on three but have in mind it is more like agreeing to share a money we are yet to see 50/50. Since he has not said anything about misplacing his SofR I was expecting a result with the face of a 19year old. These are kept like the certificates until the individual comes for collection or reissueing if has initially.

Names matter a lot in any organized institutions. You know, the name has already rendered the idea of the passport null. In a job interview, if the name you presented to your interviewers doesn't tally with the name you later come up with it is logical to disqualify you for incompetence. It could be someone's data you submitted. The face will only go with the name if the two agree.

The dumbest it all is, if you actually can get a confirmation of a certificate from the source why go for a statement of result?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by bolaji3071(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
smiley smiley how was the flight? tongue

Glad to have you here, welcome.Amen and welcome smiley smiley
it was cool ma.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Let me address points briefly. He didn't really address the question of authenticity. He is not even saying the statement of result is either forged or not forged. He only told us that the function of isuing a statement of result lies in the hands of the school. There is nothing to address in his first point.

His second point proved smart. But it still begs the question. If the results can be so easily obtained from the masterlist what is stopping him from asking the issuers of this masterlist for this certificate? So, it still boils down to inauthenticity. Anybody can pay anybody to pen down anything but as long as the body in charge of authenticating such a thing is unaware of it then it is not their product.

I agree with him on three but have in mind it is more like agreeing to share a money we are yet to see 50/50. Since he has not said anything about misplacing his SofR I was expecting a result with the face of a 19year old. These are kept like the certificates until the individual comes for collection or reissueing if has initially.

Names matter a lot in any organized institutions. You know, the name has already rendered the idea of the passport null. In a job interview, if the name you presented to your interviewers doesn't tally with the name you later come up with it is logical to disqualify you for incompetence. It could be someone's data you submitted. The face will only go with the name if the two agree.

The dumbest it all is, if you actually can get a confirmation of a certificate from the source why go for a statement of result?
Wish the OP of the thread could respond to this. Probably if it were pasted on there.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
An0nimus:

Wish the OP of the thread could respond to this. Probably if it were pasted on there.
I have lost faith in the Politics Section. I can't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Is this a political chat box?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I have lost faith in the Politics Section. I can't.
I strolled to that section once when I was touring NL lol. Hot place grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ajibam:
Is this a political chat box?
Ajibambam long time no see. Happy new year cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2015
An0nimus:

Ajibambam long time no see. Happy new year cool
Happy new year sir. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:52am On Feb 02, 2015
Morning guys.

Rey, sorry I was gone for so long. I will answer your post shortly. As for the media, I don't read the papers, more because they always bored me than because of anything else. I found Soludo's article here on NL and navigated to the source. And so on. It is also because I have had a long-held mistrust of mainstream media that I'm working on a media company myself. So you're really not telling me anything new. What matters now is the quality of the authors you read. Soludo.does not, as far as I know (which in my opinion is not that far but rather enough), own Sahara Reporters. That they think his writing favored APC is really their cup of tea. The question is whether he made sense and spoke truth.

I'll answer your post in my next comment.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Morning guys.

Rey, sorry I was gone for so long. I will answer your post shortly. As for the media, I don't read the papers, more because they always bored me than because of anything else. I found Soludo's article here on NL and navigated to the source. And so on. It is also because I have had a long-held mistrust of mainstream media that I'm working on a media company myself. So you're really not telling me anything new. What matters now is the quality of the authors you read. Soludo.does not, as far as I know (which in my opinion is not that far but rather enough), own Sahara Reporters. That they think his writing favored APC is really their cup of tea. The question is whether he made sense and spoke truth.

I'll answer your post in my next comment.

Hello,

I have some questions about working in the media. I have two opportunities- working in banking or working in the media. The stress of banking is making me consider working for a national newspaper (I have an interview with a popular newspaper).

I hope you have time to advice me.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by joseph1832(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Hello,

I have some questions about working in the media. I have two opportunities- working in banking or working in the media. The stress of banking is making me consider working for a national newspaper (I have an interview with a popular newspaper).

I hope you have time to advice me.
Choose the occupation that will make you have time for yourself!. That's my humble advice because I know that 'time' is precious!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2015
joseph1832:
Choose the occupation that will make you have time for yourself!. That's my humble advice because I know that 'time' is precious!

Agreed. That is why I want to know more about working in the media (especially newspapers). I wonder how the work goes.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2015
joseph1832:

By the way, I need you here;
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by joseph1832(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

By the way, I need you here;
And here is?. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Count The Cost Then Follow / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.