Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,562 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Ever Visited The HIV Test Center? Your Experience... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ever Visited The HIV Test Center? Your Experience... (597 Views)

My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. / Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Visited The HIV Test Center? Your Experience... by corruptst(m): 6:04am On Nov 27, 2012
Hi Nairalanders,
I was just chilling at the seminar room of the A&E section of the teaching hospital where I work when a colleague barged in telling me that he just did a test †̥ confirm his HIV status. He appeared S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ vehemently Ђα̲̅Ɣ that I began †̥ wonder that is he not the same person that do console victims that having AIDS is not the end of the world, afterall it is still much more better than cancer or hepatitis. I was about congratulating him when he posed the million dollar question †̥ me, Have ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥ confirmed Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥Your status?
I told him I did the test last year which was a big lie thinking he would just let the conversation die there. But Alas! He started convincing me of the need †̥ go for a more recent test. I finally agreed! Afterall, the centre is just 2 blocks from where I am. Stepping out of that A&E block and walking down †̥ the HIV test centre was like the longest journey I have ever undertaken. My colleague with me was talking but my mind was somewhere else. I decided †̥ prepare for the worst, afterall I could either be positive or negative. Not in-between.
On getting †̥ the centre, the attendant had gone †̥ pray and I was asked †̥ wait for her or come back. My partner suggested we check back but I told him if I leave now, I won't show up again. The secretary at the centre later made situation worse by narrating incidence of people who came and tested +ve. I had †̥ tell her that all those information should be confidential but he just ranted on giving the excuse that afterall, I am a medical doctor. That actually instigated my thinking, if I test +ve today, every medical personnel in the hospital will know. Yeepa! Should I just give an excuse †̥ run or ...
The officer in charge of the test arrived...all necessary forms were filled and the advice...I quickly cut in, ₪☺ need for the advice. Let's just get it over with. I was asked †̥ sit down, blood sample was taken and placed on the kit and was asked †̥ wait for a whole 5 minutes.
First 1 min, my whole life rolled in front of me like a dead man before the judgement seat of GOD. I started recounting those risk factors for AIDS, Unprotected sex: Oh, my God! Why didn't I use a condom on that dayuy or better still those days. Those needle pricks I got, barbers' shop, if GOD save me this time, I must go and sharpen my blunt clipper that I haven't used for a while. Lest I forget, those deliveries at the gynae ward...the next 4 minutes I was as blank as a fullscap sheet because I have exhausted all possibilities in just a minute.
As if that is not enough, the test result was noted and passed †̥ the secretary for documentation. Some nurses came in, greeted me and faced the secretary having a long chat of more than 15 mins. Normally I don't have that patience but this time around, even if this conversation of theirs takes a day, I will wait. I won't be declared HIV positive in the presence of all these 'tatafos'. The lab person now informed the secretary that she should tell me the test result...
"It is negative". I thank them and tried †̥ hide my feeling of excitement. When I got †̥ the call room, I started singing,"satan, ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ a liar". While doing that, a thot just flashed through my mind, I won't go through this ordeal alone, my 1st victim is my pastor friend, Dr Ola.
AIDS is real! Go check yourself and know Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥Your status today! The test is for free. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ also aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ the drugs. The earlier ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥ know Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥Your status, the better!
Cheers!
Ayeni A.O (MBBS)
Re: Ever Visited The HIV Test Center? Your Experience... by tinuolababy(f): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
Congrats! Sure Ɣ☺ΰ wouldn't have written ur name if Tђξ result had been Positive cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Maurice Iwu And Others Record Breakthrough In HIV Treatment / I Was Misquoted, I Haven't Discovered AIDS Cure Says Uniben Prof. / Sugar And Agein Or Wrinkle Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.