Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? (1140 Views)

Why Do †ђξ Muslims Preach Against †ђξ Christian ? / Why Do Some Churches Preach Against Taking Alcohol When It Is Not Biblical? / Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2012
I have noticed that religous folks especially my fellow Christians preach against fornication and premarital se-x; the only problem is, almost 99.9% of them do not practice it. Why is that?

For example, how many of my Christian brothers/sisters both married and unmarried were virgins before marriage and/or are still virgin now as singles?

I think what we should be preaching against is adultery (Sleeping with another man's/woman's wife/husband respectively) and our advice to the singles/unmarried should be safe se-x NOT hell.

I want to know your opinions.
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tip999: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2012
fornication is a very deadly sin.
" Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."(1corin6v18-20)
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2012
^I get your point. I'm a Christian too. Are you married? Answer please, it's relevant to this topic!
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tip999: 11:27am On Nov 27, 2012
" Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."(1Corin3v16-18)
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tip999: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2012
doubleDx"^^I get your point. I'm a Christian too. Are you married? Answer please, it's relevant to this topic!"
to be honest with you I am not married and since i gave my life to christ he has keep me from fornication. Yes many temptation came along the way but his grace and power was able to help me to overcome them. With him all things are possible.
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2012
^Read my op again and I want to know if you are married or not, it's relevant to the topic . Stop talking about temptations, focus on the topic!
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tip999: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2012
"
Read my op again and I want to know if you are married or not, it's relevant to the topic . Stop talking about temptations, focus on the to"
I am not married , I am single.
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 27, 2012
^Good. If you are not a virgin then you are guilty of this sin! So, stop the hypocrisy and advice youths to play safe instead of threathening them with hell!
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tip999: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2012
"^Good. If you are not a virgin then you are guilty of this sin! So, stop the hypocrisy and advice youths to play safe instead of threathening them with hell!"
believe it or not Christ have kept me from fornication since I gave my life to him . temptations of various kinds come ,but
he said "if you ask you will receive " so i daily ask for his grace to keep me in his will. not by a few words but praying effectively for divine empowerment. It is possible with Christ strength.
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2012
doubleDx: ^Good. If you are not a virgin then you are guilty of this sin! So, stop the hypocrisy and advice youths to play safe instead of threathening them with hell!
Born-again virginity is the claim that after having sex, a person can be restored to virginity by a spiritual renewal, vowing sexual purity until marriage and asking God for forgiveness.

God offers forgiveness and grace to all who ask with a sincere heart (1 John 1:9). We need not try to restore for ourselves what God has already restored in us spiritually.

My brother stop saying people r hypocrites,I would never advice anyone who is not married to practice safe/usafe sex.Sex is sex whichever way u may look @ it,now that blood that was shed on golgoth purified us from our sins meaning when we accept christ old things must wear off,we r new creations.ur preachin da wrong gospel there

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
^ That makes some sense, at least I agree with the born-again virginity part. Thanks for your input anyway!
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
doubleDx: ^ That makes some sense, at least I agree with the born-again virginity part. Thanks for your input anyway!
Phew,I thought u were gonna cut my head off cheesy
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Dibangoking(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sex outside marriage is a sin.That a fact.
2)the fact that you see xtian brothers and sisters preach againt sex and yet practice them is because they are sinners all in pretence.
Op have come to undastand nowadays that if u trust humans spiritually you will end up been disappointment cos many of them only pretend.So the fact that dey disappoint you is not an excuse for you to join them.
Take note;OTHERS MAY COMPROMISE BUT YOU SHOULDN'T AS A CHILD OF GOD

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by engrtee(f): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
Blesd are those who dont obey what they preach
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dibangoking: Sex outside marriage is a sin.That a fact.
2)the fact that you see xtian brothers and sisters preach againt sex and yet practice them is because they are sinners all in pretence.
Op have come to undastand nowadays that if u trust humans spiritually you will end up been disappointment cos many of them only pretend.So the fact that dey disappoint you is not an excuse for you to join them.
atleast there r some people hu still stand for what they believe in
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
engrtee: Blesd are those who dont obey what they preach
grin chai
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Phew,I thought u were gonna cut my head off cheesy

Why? grin No need for that, your answer was helpful!
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 28, 2012
Dibangoking: Sex outside marriage is a sin.That a fact.

I like the way you think. But it's kinda hard not to practice it, don't you think? Considering the fact that almost all do it before marriage which makes staying away from it even harder. I think it's a lot easier for virgins who haven't tested it at all, what do you think?
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 28, 2012
engrtee: Blesd are those who dont obey what they preach

Bad man grin
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by tpia1: 3:43am On Nov 28, 2012
most youths who practice premarital s.ex dont preach against it.

even if they're christians.
Re: Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: most youths who practice premarital s.ex dont preach against it.

even if they're christians.

You are right some how, but from my observations, most of these people are pretenders. They preach against what they practice which is more like hypocrisy to me. For me, I know I'm guilty of sexūal intimacy but that doesn't change the fact that I pray for forgiveness anytime I do it and also advise my fellow youths not to practice it or play safe if they chose to.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria / Dr. Fireman Again?!!!! / Seventh-day Adventist Church,ajegunle, In Community Service.(pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.