Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? (2086 Views)

Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? / Why Do †ђξ Muslims Preach Against †ђξ Christian ? / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by ukor(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2006
It has been an alarming clock all through when I pave wave through some of the churches well known in Nigeria, I discovered that other churches goes contrary to preach against other churches.

But to them, they claims being the faithful people, and the only group of church that will have the salvation of God.

I am now confused, what is the actual church that one can go to?

And who are the reall belivers?

Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by mazaje(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2006
this goes to show u that christianity is just a chain of fraud and confusion . they keep preaching against each other so that people will stop going to other churches and come to them so that the will recive more money in the form of offering to "GOD". u know the fastest way of making money in nigeria is through religion since politics and professionalism are not really paying off these days.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by ell77(f): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2006
My friend, I am Catholic. I know many people will come on here giving excuses as to why some Churches oppose others. The fact is for a few - it may be just as the above poster said - for money. But this is not true of all Churches I am sure. All I can advise you is to find a Church that does not spend time on blasting other Chirches but rather focuses on bringing salvation to your soul. Also if the Church is very pro-Charity that would be a great too. I am sceptical of Churches that spend even as little as 10% of their time blasting other Churches and then go on to spend only 10% of the time on Charity and being good to fellow man. Then spend 80% of their time just talking about how to get more money or find who is trying to bring u down - this is irrelevant to me in Church service. Depending on what u wan't from Church that is where u should settle, that is the beauty of having so many denominations. Although there are conflicts, there is a Church for everyone! I am not going to get u to go to Catholic Church although I think it is great, but move around until you find the right one for you. One that makes it all about your personall relationship with God and your relationship with mankind and not about how others are living their lives as Christians (that is between them and their God). You need to just focus on urself and what u are doing right. I can see u have the right mindset, so in response to your question, I believe YOU ARE THE REAL BELIEVER! Keep it up, ok?!
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by chistiana(f): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2006
@ ell7 i think u right but not with standing ur catholic still claims they are more holy, but i wont judge here cause if if u guys tell me to start given credit i will give the fathers in Catholic church as the best womanizer but i necer mention branches i only know its catholic church oooo

And besaide no one is more holy even Deeper life church that claims they are more holy whats ends the non serious teenager, well dont let me talk much any way.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by kimba(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2006
@Ukor

O boy, try to smile sometimes,  grin

To answer your question:
Some Churches preach against other churches because they have nothing else to preach. These pastors and their members allow their emotion to override the truth of the word of God, and so in an attempt to bring people into their Churches, they, let me use the words: FIND FAULT WITH EVERYTHING done by other Churches. Please note that Constructive Critisism is different from plain and simple whatever-you-di-it-is-wrong criticism.

Its just like Nigerian politics. There are some politicians who have no other agenda but to find fault with other politicians, find fault with their actions and everything they try to do, hoping that this would make them(fault-finders) win the support and admiration of the people. Many stupid people also fall prey to them.

@Mazaje
mazaje:

this goes to show u that christianity is just a chain of fraud and confusion . they keep preaching against each other so that people will stop going to other churches and come to them so that the will recive more money in the form of offering to "GOD". u know the fastest way of making money in nigeria is through religion since politics and professionalism are not really paying off these days.
The problem is that we have so many people already and PERSONALLY DECEIVED AND WHO ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO DECEIVE THEM MORE AND MORE. You are wrong to say that Christianity is a chain of fraud and confusion.

CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE, and its unfortunate to say that there are a whole lot of genuine Christians and a whole lot of fakers too, just like saying Nigeria's reputation is destroyed because of its people, but that doesnt make it lesser than a country. Regardless of how many fake Christians and copy-cats out there, the BIBLE still holds and stands true, and regardless of whateva anyone says or does, each individual will STAND BEFORE GOD at the end of time and GIVE AN ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF OR HERSELF.

Even if there were to be just 1-true and abiding genuine Christian in the whole world, it doesnt change the BIBLE.

Another extreme is to say that since the Bible says that we should not judge, therefore, should I(for example) see error, I must not say anything about it. NO. 'TRUE' and 'FALSE' are 2-different words and mean two different things. 'RIGHT' and 'WRONG' are 2-different things. The fact that you are saying something is 'RIGHT' means you have judged in the first place. The same goes with your acknowlegement of wrong. So, if a pastor were to think it right to WARN his members of FALSE PROPHETS, an example, he might give an incident of the teaching of another Church, in all honesty, he hasnt done something wrong.

Take for example: the case of Pastor King of CPM or CPA(I forgot which one). He burnt a human being alive in the name of Church. I was still reading the story of the lady that was rescued - she says that she had been a servant in Pastor King's House and that she 'served' in the NUDE. Imagine subjected to living in the nude - walking around a house naked for 24-hours doing service for a holy man of God. She did not talk about sexual contact with the Pastor himself, but who knows, Definitely that is not Biblical and people have to be warned about it.  For many people, if you don't explain things to them in a hard way, they wont understand, so except you give them names, places, actions etc, they don't get the picture. For others, by just suggesting the idea gives them the full picture.

By the wya, theres a lot of deception in Nigeria.

chistiana:

@ ell7 i think u right but not with standing your catholic still claims they are more holy, but i wont judge here cause if if u guys tell me to start given credit i will give the fathers in Catholic church as the best womanizer but i necer mention branches i only know its catholic church oooo

And besaide no one is more holy even Deeper life church that claims they are more holy whats ends the non serious teenager, well don't let me talk much any way.

Do the Deeper Life Bible Church really claim that they are more Holy than anyone else? have you heard this from the Pastor himself, or its just hearsay? What I know is that THEY PREACH HOLINESS!! and perhaps try to emphasize and over-emphasize it in everything they talk about. But come to think about it: What is the Bible without Holiness? and what is the whole point of getting to Heaven? can you get to Heaven without Holiness?

Think about this: our grandparents didnt and never read/neither were exposed to as much Bible as we have today/exposed to, yet they lived better, healthier lives. They even lived longer. Is it because they were more Holy or because the world was less polluted then than now.

Note:
Darkness is not the opposite of Light.
DARKNESS IS THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by chistiana(f): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2006
@ kimba

I agree with u about deeper Life preaching Holyness,

but what am trying to pass across is that no one is more perfect, deeper life watch word is holyness without been holy u can not see the kingdom of God.

they dont draw the sinners more nearer to them they rather scare them, what i mean is that, they dont really take their time for this sinful ones. even though u are puting on this their big blouse and u are not born again, u are already sister or bro.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by jammin(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2006
@ christiana again i disagree.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by chistiana(f): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2006
jammin:

@ christiana again i disagree.

Mr jammin,
Pls give me more point why u disagree with me
am waiting for ur comment.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by kimba(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2006
@Christiana

chistiana:

@ kimba

I agree with u about deeper Life preaching Holyness,

but what am trying to pass across is that no one is more perfect, deeper life watch word is holyness without been holy u can not see the kingdom of God.

they don't draw the sinners more nearer to them they rather scare them, what i mean is that, they don't really take their time for this sinful ones. even though u are puting on this their big blouse and u are not born again, u are already sister or bro.

Q1) Is it the Deeper Life that said "Without Holiness, no man shall see the Lord"? NO.
Answer) The Bible said so.

Q2) What then should be the Messages of all Churches?
Answer) Without Holiness, No man shall see the Lord.

Q3) What do we say of Churches that dont believe and preach Holiness?
answer) They arent obeying the complete revealed will of God.

Q4) Are people naturally drawn to truth?
answer) NO.
No one sits a child down and teaches him/her how to tell lies. Mothers dont teach their children to say they didnt do it, when they did it. Its human nature to sin. Thats why the Bible says "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me"

So therefore and naturally, no one will run towards a serious BIBLE-PREACHING-100% TRUTH church.

See, Jesus "sought" to draw all men to Himself, but the truth is all of man were not drawn to Him, since then and till today. The people He came to save SLEW despised Him, hated him. THe pharisees, Saducees "who knew the Law" and "knew not the God of the Law" could not understand.

Q) Would it be right to say that "Jesus scared away the Pharisees and Saducees?"
Yes, it will be right to say so, from the point of view that He scared them away with His purity, with His Love, with His message of Salvation, with the Truth He preached, with the Good deeds He did - why? because the Pharisees and Saducees were hardened and not ready to change.

TRUTH DOESNT ALWAYS ATTRACT PEOPLE. IT REPELS.

NO, it will be wrong to say that Jesus "scared" them away, because he never used drove them away from Himself, in fact, these Pharisees and Saducees came around, listened to Him and all they tried to do was find fault with His message.

Lastly:
Not every student is really interested in going to school. A comparison made in Nigeria goes like this: that for some University graduates,
- that they passed-through the University,

while for others,
- that the University passed through them.

Among the many serious church goers today, there are a whole lot of fakers. Its not every Christian on paper that is a true Christian. Some are just playing-church because they have no other thing to do. They cant go forward, neither can they turn about-face.

Yes, its a great possibility that there are/might be many dressing like a DLBC member, but deep down, they are not born again. Is it the fault of the Church or the fault of the person. Why should you wear the Uniform of a Secondary school if you are not a bonafide student of that school? perhaps, they just want to belong. Now, can we make a general statement just because of the few goats amont the sheep? NO.

At the end of the day, will God ask anyone of us the name of your Church? NO.
The question will be what each one did with the death of Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by Seun(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2006
I like the practice because it takes a conman to expose another conman. Oops, I was just joking! grin
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by jammin(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2006
one should not always joke about the truth.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by dominobaby(f): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2006
Really, i needn't say more after kimba's post. Kimba, God bless.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by otokx(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2006
Read the bible and get to know the man behind the book. There are a lot of abnormalities in the church today.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by Bobbyaf(m): 12:34am On Nov 13, 2006
@ Ukor

It has been an alarming clock all through when I pave wave through some of the churches well known in Nigeria, I discovered that other churches goes contrary to preach against other churches.

But to them, they claims being the faithful people, and the only group of church that will have the salvation of God.

I am now confused, what is the actual church that one can go to?

And who are the reall belivers?

Don't be confused, and don't give up either! Whoever told you that finding the truth was going to be easy has given you the wrong impression. There is a lot of deception in the religious community. Every denomination has a claim to something unique that no other denomination has, and they are free to do so, as long as no ill feelings are encouraged.

I am a SDA christian, but I personally will never condemn another for not believing similarly. I might debate, but never say you are not a christian because you believe otherwise. There are sincere persons in all denominations who are searching. Total truth is not every where.

I'd advise you find a denomination that sticks to the word of God rather than what their preacher has to say. Its very easy to get emotionally attached to one's preacher, regardless of what he teaches. You as an individual need to follow your conscience. Never place emotionalism over reason. Every single doctrine can be proven with scripture, but persons must have an open mind to discuss, even if what is being discussed isn't what they are accustomed to.

"The word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" In other words light is light, and no one can refute it.

"The entrance of thy word giveth light" If you read the word for yourself it will guide you to God's true believers.

God calls His people to come out of Babylon(religious confusion), according to Revelation 18:4. He is calling people back to true worship, according to Revelation 14, and out of a currupt and pagan-based type of worship, that is designed to distract from God's plans and purpose for man.

Keep praying, and shalom.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by enugu(f): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2006
Ignorance, that's why! If God gives you fresh manna from heaven to feed your children, do you think you will have time to preach against other churches? Of course not!!! You'll be too busy trying to feed His flock!

However, God might lead you to point out certain things about other churches by revelation, like Kimba mentioned about 'Pastor' King and that is for your own safety. If your ear is open to the Spirit, you will hear and not necessarily need anyone to inform you; rather they will be confirming what God has already told you.

So my bros, Ukor, it is plain ignorance. A man/woman that receives from God will preach His word and nothing else. If you develop a personal relationship with God and keep it, nurture it and focus on it, you will hear His voice and you will follow Him; whether in Catholic, Protestant, Deeper Life, RCCG, MFM or wherever- seek the voice of your Master and Lord!
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by naijababe2(f): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2006
The only advice i can give you is that the identifying mark for true christians, is that they should have LOVE among theirselves. which religion do you think they have LOVE among theirselves? That is what you should find for yourself.
Re: Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? by chistiana(f): 8:55am On Nov 29, 2006
jammin:

one should not always joke about the truth.

is that what u ve to say, bring a point honey.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife? / How To Detect False Prophets / Any Difference Btw The Roman Catholic Church And The Today Protestant Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.