Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. (2800 Views)

Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Heathen(m): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
Reyginus: The error you made was to allocate same flow-rate of time to different frames of existence. As the satanists that you are (that's if you really) it's appaling.
Only objects in space, under the spatial dimension can experience the same time. God is not in space, and beyond the spatial dimension.
As you know, we know our universe to be 4D (formerly 3D, if not for einsteins theory of relativity which introduced the dimension of time). Though, some theories place it at ten. But that's not our topic today.
As speed increases, time decreases. A material moving at the speed of light covers less time, large interval, but not in our world. It is not possible in our universe. In our case, any increase closer to the speed of light will lead to an increase in mass,thus time goes back to 'normal'. Except the material is acting as a light wave particle. An increase in weight will slow down speed, and increase time. Why so? That brings us back to Einstein's Relativity: mass, time and space are connected.
Let's make it mutual, between our world and the greater spirit world.
The question now is, do spirits move closer or at the speed of light? If we can answer in the affirmative, then no need for the confusion. Yes. Materials here(spirit world), from possessing the properties of light wave, move at the speed of light. This in turn, creates difference in the passing of time. As a proof, you can check 2 kings 19:35, do the maths yourself. And don't tell me God doesn't exist, you know what you are.
So, that God created in seven days, does not translate to passing of time experienced by beings in the physical world. The question that may pop up now will be, what is in a day for God? Psalm 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8.

Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Joagbaje(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
advocate666:

Good effort except Jeremiah and Isaiah were both talking of the future. Not the past. They were prophets and prophets prophesy. That is why there a a lot of "will" and "shall" in their statements.

You're wrong prophecy is different from prediction . Prophecy is not necessarily futuristic . A prophet can tell you the history of your childbirth . It's past event. A prophet sees into the past and future. The bible itself it's a book of prophecy . Genesis account was given in past tense not through Adam but through Moses who was born thousad years after the incidence.So correct your definition of prophecy.

Even all his explanation cannot account for the existence of dinosaurs as per the bible.

The point here is simple . A world existed before Adam was created. Lucifer (Satan) was the ruler of that world which was destroyed by a flood after his rebellion . All the pre historic animals such as dinosaurs , mammoth etc died in that generation. This happiened millions of years before Adam. That's why scientific radio carbon dating of their fossils indicates millions of years existence .
The Jeremiah scripture only let us know that the earth wasn't created VOID but rather it BECAME void by Gods judgement .
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
*Takes the front sit, to seep a little of obadiah's red wine*
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by wiegraf: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2012
Reyginus: *Takes the front sit, to seep a little of obadiah's red wine*

You get liver. I mean literally, your liver strong. I don't think that $hit was meant for us mortals, it would render the average liver useless. Maybe the 144000, but not the rest of us
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
wiegraf:

You get liver. I mean literally, your liver strong. I don't think that $hit was meant for us mortals, it would render the average liver useless. Maybe the 144000, but not the rest of us
Lol. I don't take strong drinks. Just joking. But wait, are you of the 144,000?lol.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
advocate666:

You mean the creation story was false then?
Seriously, I have a question. Is the 'creation story of adam' and the 'creation story' the same thing?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2012
Reyginus: Seriously, I have a question. Is the 'creation story of adam' and the 'creation story' the same thing?

The first is part of the second.
Is the "story of the brain of Reyginus" and the "story of Reyginus" the same thing?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by tpia1: 12:37am On Dec 01, 2012
obadiah777: I HAVE BEEN TO THAT MUSEUM IN CHICAGO ON 13TH STREET AND LAKESHORE DRIVE. THE FIELD MUSEUM. HOWEVER DINOSAURS IS IN THE BIBLE AS WELL AS LEVIATHAN.

Isnt that the new york museum of natural history, same one that was used in the night at the museum movie?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by tpia1: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2012
advocate666:

How do you guys reconcile this overwhelming real evidence with your book of Genesis creation story?

As has been mentioned before on this forum, dinosaurs are dragons.

If you read the bible without your blindfold, you'll see them mentioned there, notwithstanding the fact that they're from a mostly pre- human era and linked to other things besides Christ's current dispensation.

Wouldnt have bothered posting here if i wasnt bored?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2012
This is the advocate doing his thing.
advocate666:

You mean the creation story was false then?
How does the comment you're quoting invalidate the creation story?
The question you asked was unnecessary, because dinasaurs existed before the 'creation story of adam'. The story still stands.
I'm not sure if the man you're dealing get that though.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2012
tpia1:

As has been mentioned before on this forum, dinosaurs are dragons.

If you read the bible without your blindfold, you'll see them mentioned there, notwithstanding the fact that they're from a mostly pre- human era and linked to other things besides Christ's current dispensation.

Wouldnt have bothered posting here if i wasnt bored?

I agree with the bolded. Why bother when one has nothing useful to contribute?

Even if what you say about dragons is true, it actually discredits the genesis creation story.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
The dinosaurs could have been created during one of the creative "days".

Obviously the heavens and earth were created in the beginning (Gen 1:1). The earth being without life until the creative days began, leading to its transformation into the life-supporting planet it is.
Day
1 Light; division between day and night - Gen 1:3-5
2 Expanse, a division between waters beneath the expanse and waters above it - Gen 1:6-8
3 Dry land; vegetation - Gen 1:9-13
4 Heavenly luminaries become discernible from earth - Gen 1:14-19
5 Aquatic souls and flying creatures - Gen 1:20-23
6 Land animals; man - Gen 1:24-31

Dinosaurs and other extinct animals would have been created in " days" 5 and 6. Each creative day could be any length of years- thousands or even millions as was required by God to complete each activity.

Here's how someone explained it:

"Quite logically, he begins the first day at Genesis 1:3. The universe and the earth were already in existence. Scientists generally agree that in its early years, the earth was a dark planet. They disagree as to the reason. The bible suggests that the thickness of the water vapor was the cause. As its surface cooled, the vapor would condense and fall, creating a globe-encircling ocean. The pressure of this water would generate tectonic forces, causing land to be pushed up. The bible suggests that these were controlled.

The details of what transpired in each creative day indicate to me that each involved considerable lengths of time. That first chapter of Genesis speaks of trees bearing seeds and foliage spreading all over the land surface, sea creatures reproducing to the point of swarming the seas, birds reproducing until they swarmed the sky and land animals reproducing to fill the earth (Genesis 1:22) clearly indicating to me that each “day” was much longer than 24 hours.
How long was each creative day? I really don’t know. The archeologists put the appearance of life starting within the first billion years. The fossil record shows a virtual explosion of life within the dawn of the Cambrian period, at a rate greater than one new species per year from 8 phyla in the first 6 million years of the Cambrian Era. Are their dates accurate? I really don’t know and it does not matter to me. The wording of Genesis 1 and 2 indicates long periods of time to me. It could be millions or hundreds of millions of years each. They could even be of unequal lengths each".

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978768516
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by tpia1: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
advocate666:

Even if what you say about dragons is true, it actually discredits the genesis creation story.

How does it discredit anything?

Science itself tells you dinosaurs were mostly extinct before the human dispensation.

I dont see whats so difficult to understand about the fact that genesis discusses what happened AFTER the earth was repopulated with a different species?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Kay17: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
TroGunn: The dinosaurs could have been created during one of the creative "days".

Obviously the heavens and earth were created in the beginning (Gen 1:1). The earth being without life until the creative days began, leading to its transformation into the life-supporting planet it is.
Day
1 Light; division between day and night - Gen 1:3-5
2 Expanse, a division between waters beneath the expanse and waters above it - Gen 1:6-8
3 Dry land; vegetation - Gen 1:9-13
4 Heavenly luminaries become discernible from earth - Gen 1:14-19
5 Aquatic souls and flying creatures - Gen 1:20-23
6 Land animals; man - Gen 1:24-31

Dinosaurs and other extinct animals would have been created in " days" 5 and 6. Each creative day could be any length of years- thousands or even millions as was required by God to complete each activity.

Here's how someone explained it:

"Quite logically, he begins the first day at Genesis 1:3. The universe and the earth were already in existence. Scientists generally agree that in its early years, the earth was a dark planet. They disagree as to the reason. The bible suggests that the thickness of the water vapor was the cause. As its surface cooled, the vapor would condense and fall, creating a globe-encircling ocean. The pressure of this water would generate tectonic forces, causing land to be pushed up. The bible suggests that these were controlled.

The details of what transpired in each creative day indicate to me that each involved considerable lengths of time. That first chapter of Genesis speaks of trees bearing seeds and foliage spreading all over the land surface, sea creatures reproducing to the point of swarming the seas, birds reproducing until they swarmed the sky and land animals reproducing to fill the earth (Genesis 1:22) clearly indicating to me that each “day” was much longer than 24 hours.
How long was each creative day? I really don’t know. The archeologists put the appearance of life starting within the first billion years. The fossil record shows a virtual explosion of life within the dawn of the Cambrian period, at a rate greater than one new species per year from 8 phyla in the first 6 million years of the Cambrian Era. Are their dates accurate? I really don’t know and it does not matter to me. The wording of Genesis 1 and 2 indicates long periods of time to me. It could be millions or hundreds of millions of years each. They could even be of unequal lengths each".

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978768516

Better and plausible explanation

1 Like

Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by caye(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
So, in short, dinosaurs came before Adam, ate leaves and other animals, some species of humans like Nearthandals came. Something happened (due to Satan's rebellion ) and God destroyed the old world, brought forth Adam AND STILL ALLOWED SATAN TO DECEIVE HIM. Something is wrong somewhere. This story looks to me like the Lemurians (who are believed to be an extinct race of men close to the Atlanteans) who are said to have affirmed that there's a constant destruction and re-generation of the earth over thousands and millions of years.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
caye: So, in short, dinosaurs came before Adam, ate leaves and other animals, some species of humans like Nearthandals came. Something happened (due to Satan's rebellion ) and God destroyed the old world, brought forth Adam AND STILL ALLOWED SATAN TO DECEIVE HIM. Something is wrong somewhere. This story looks to me like the Lemurians (who are believed to be an extinct race of men close to the Atlanteans) who are said to have affirmed that there's a constant destruction and re-generation of the earth over thousands and millions of years.

Yeah, theory is funny. No support for it in the bible. Dinosaurs were likely created along with other animals and birds during creation "days" 5 and 6. Note that each creation "day" could span many tens, thousands or even millions of years. At some point, the dinosaurs died off, before or after man was created.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by JNdupu: 2:00am On Dec 03, 2012
Kay 17:

Better and plausible explanation

I agree, and I'm not a Christian.

There is rationality in what TroGunn wrote and made me think about it like this for the first time. That the word "day" is simply a placeholder that is ascribed to changing amounts of time is an easier concept to grasp. The creationists perpetuating the rigid idea that the world is literarily 6000 years old are doing their side a gross disservice.

There are still unanswered issues about what existed before the Genesis 1:3-5 "creation" starting gun but that is on a par with scientist struggling to describe what existed before the big bang.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by JNdupu: 2:03am On Dec 03, 2012
JNdupu:

There are still unanswered issues about what existed before the Genesis 1:3-5 "creation" starting gun but that is on a par with scientist struggling to describe what existed before the big bang.

eh? wetin be big slam? abi na big salami? That's not what I wrote. This site sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Reply To Ese Walter's Sex Scandal / Church Confirms Jim Iyke’s Deliverance From Evil Spirits / Christians Please...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.