Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? (2701 Views)

Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
This is a question that I have asked christians and I have got interesting answers. Some Nigerian christians believe that they are and some believe that they are not descendants of Adam. The reasons for not believing in Adam as the common ancestor of all humans are;

1) Adam is a Hebrew name. There are older languages than Hebrew. It would be more realistic if the first man had a name from the oldest language.

2) Civilization started in Africa and not the middle east. It is unlikely that asemitic or middle eastern people would be or know the first men.

So what do Nigerian believe? Are you a descendant of Adam?
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by manmustwac(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
We are the decendents of apes

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
manmustwac: We are the decendents of apes

You not WE.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

You not WE.

Go and read some biology.....we are all apes from the Hominoidae family
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by advocate666: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
manmustwac: We are the decendents of apes

No. We are not descendants of apes. We and apes share a common ancestor. We evolved differently, apes took another direction.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by ijawkid(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Your head no correct...na you and your cohorts be ape........
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by engrtee(f): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
I rather blive am a descendant of a human being than an animal
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by engrtee(f): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
advocate666:

No. We are not descendants of apes. We and apes share a common ancestor. We evolved differently, apes took another direction.

after homosapiens, what next are we evolvin too? Or is homosapien d last bustop
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
engrtee: I rather blive am a descendant of a human being than an animal

Doesn't make your belief true, does it?

I'd rather be a descendant of an Ugochukwu though, rather than an Adam.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by advocate666: 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
engrtee:

after homosapiens, what next are we evolvin too? Or is homosapien d last bustop

We don't evolve into something. We just evolve.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by engrtee(f): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
advocate666:

We don't evolve into something. We just evolve.

from africanus a...,.to homo habilis to homo erectus to homosapiens to ..,? What is next.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

sshhh, what do you know about biology.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by advocate666: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
engrtee:

from africanus a...,.to homo habilis to homo erectus to homosapiens to ..,? What is next.

Those classifications are what the scientists use to differentiate different similar species that lived millions of years from each other. Those are the ones they have discovered so far. There are a lot of diversification between the years. Everything and everybody evolve. There is no stopping.
Your children evolved from you. They are another species but the difference between you and them is so small that it won't be noticed. However, through many generations, the addition of these differences will produce a species significantly different when compared to you.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by manmustwac(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

You not WE.
Do you seriously believe that we are all descendents of Adam & Eve? That round about 6'000 years ago Adam & Eve's descendents spread from the garden of eden to europe the middle east africa asia & somehow crossed the atlantic. Ocean to populate South & North america. Dose that really sound believable to you?

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
AS A PAGAN , I BELIEVE ME AND MY HAUSA BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE ALL DESCENDANTS OF THE GREAT APES WHO ONCE POPULATED THIS PARTS OF NIGERIA AND THE SAHEL!

adam & eve is bull$hit angry tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
i just cant believe some coc.k & bull that i am descended from 2 sinners under an apple tree. apple trees are hard to come by in the first place in these parts. angry
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
i just cant believe some coc.k & bull that i am descended from 2 sinners under an apple tree. apple trees are hard to come by in the first place in these parts. angry

but you believe you came from some useless ape with a brain the size of a pea , lol. grin

Now we know why atheists and pagans reason the way they do !!

I know you are joking.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
AS A PAGAN , I BELIEVE ME AND MY HAUSA BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE ALL DESCENDANTS OF THE GREAT APES WHO ONCE POPULATED THIS PARTS OF NIGERIA AND THE SAHEL!

adam & eve is bull$hit angry tongue

Tell them ooo! Even muslims believe this BS!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

but you believe you came from some useless ape with a brain the size of a pea , lol. grin

I know you are joking.

But we are apes? You didnt know that?
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

But we are apes? You didnt know that?

Biologically classified , but not in intelligence and advancement of human physiology.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

Now we know why atheists and pagans reason the way they do !!

I know you are joking.

seeing the level of intelligence shown in Nairaland by your kind, it is believable. . tongue tongue

on a more serous note: NO. I am not joking. dont you know that the brain is a swelling at the end of the Spinal cord. the human brain just swelled up too much.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

Biologically classified , but not in intelligence and advancement of human physiology.

We are apes- end of story!

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by CrazyMan(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03: 1) Adam is a Hebrew name. There are older languages than Hebrew. It would be more realistic if the first man had a name from the oldest language.
Funny...Before the Flood, the Bible says that all mankind “continued to be of one language and of one set of words.” (Gen. 11:1)

So if mankind spoke one language, how would hebrew or any other language have existed.

Logicboy03: 2) Civilization started in Africa and not the middle east.
True

Logicboy03: It is unlikely that asemitic or middle eastern people would be or know the first men.
The first man was Adam...I wander which other man you guys want to know again.

Logicboy03: So what do Nigerian believe? Are you a descendant of Adam?
Yea sure we are...
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by plaetton: 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
We are descended from apes in the same way that we are descended from what would also appear to be useless, brainless(apologies to Frosbel), souless, fish-like spermatazoa.

Feotal development tend to mimic the evolutionary path of a species.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
plaetton: We are descended from apes in the same way that we are descended from what would also appear to be useless, brainless(apologies to Frosbel), souless, fish-like spermatazoa.

Feotal development tend to mimic the evolutionary path of a species.

if we descended from apes, how come we still have apes around ?

They should have evolved to at least a closer specie to MAN , no ?
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
CrazyMan:
Funny...Before the Flood, the Bible says that all mankind “continued to be of one language and of one set of words.” (Gen. 11:1)

So if mankind spoke one language, how would hebrew or any other language have existed.

True

The first man was Adam...I wander which other man you guys want to know again.

Yea sure we are...

You know that the bible is nonsense. How could Adam and Eve have Hebrew names? Furthermore, how could 2 people populate the earth?
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by plaetton: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
First, the bible is an abbreviated and plagurised copy of ancients text from Babylon and much older Summerian texts. The word Adam was not the name of a man but means" Man of the earth or earth man". It is name given to the early set of homo-sapien sapiens that either directly evolved or were hybrids genetically modified(by the Elohim) from earlier Neantherthals and other homo hablis creatures that inhabited the south eastern parts of Africa.

Adam was not created in the garden of eden.
The bible states that the Adamu or Adama (earth man) was taken (I assume from Africa) and put in the garden of eden(somewhere in Iraq) to tend the garden for the Elohim(another way of saying that man was essentially a slave).
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

6 months after being answered, you sill ask the same foolish question?

Are you a fool? An I.mbecile? Seriously?

Go and read about speciaition before you ask this foolish question again!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by plaetton: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry Frosbel, only very ignorant people ask those kinds of questions. I though you knew better.
About 500,000yrs ago, we had the Neantherthals and several other species of ndvanced hominids co-existing.
We are still trying to find out what exactly led to their extinctions.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

you are so dumb seriously. we and the apes share common ancestors. you get it COMMON ANCESTORS! angry angry angry angry
Re: Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
[quote author=Logicboy03]

6 months after being answered, you sill ask the same foolish question?

Are you a fool? An I.mbecile? Seriously?

Go and read about speciaition before you ask this foolish question again![

/quote]

what a poorly made product you are !

don't expect any reponses from me if you are not going to grow up and act your age.

kid !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Of The Yoruba Names That May Be Against The Book Of Life / Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between ‘christ In You’ And ‘you In Christ’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.