Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money (128627 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Monie Management / Mobile Monie:first Monie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Achieverbb(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
dav8id: I've being using it but not as an agent.i'll use it to send money and also recieve money. but i will go to bank 2omorow and confirm that.
[color=#006600][/color]@

@ Dav8id plz how are we going to register for it?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
chynabest: Pls u guys shud tel us how it works and how to use

1. What is FirstMonie?
Firstmonie is a mobile payment service that enables phone users to send and receive money, pay bills, buy Airtime and lots
more with their Mobile phones without a bank account. The mobile phone number serves as the account number.

2. Who is eligible for Firstmonie?
- All phone users aged 18 years and above.

3. Is Firstmonie accessible on all Phone types?
- Yes. It is accessible on low-end phones, feature phones, smartphones, SIM based tablets etc.

4. Can I use Firstmonie on any mobile network?
- Yes, FirstMonie works on all mobile networks (MTN, GLO, Airtel & ETISALAT) in Nigeria.

SERVICES
5. What are the services on Firstmonie?
A. Registration for Firstmonie
B. Fund Wallet / Cash Deposit: I. At Agent’s location II. At ATM III. From Bank Account IV. From Card(s) Account
C. Send Money: I. To any Mobile Phone in Nigeria III. To any FirstBank Account III. To Other Bank Account
D. Cash Token
E. Cash Token Generation/Redemption & Cash withdrawal : I. At Agent II. At ATM III. At FBN Branch
F. Pay Bills like I. Utilities (PHCN) II. Cable TV (DSTV, Star-times) III. State payments IV. Donations V. Investment & Insurance VI. Airline and Embassy etc VII. Airtime purchase on (Airtel , MTN, GLO and Etisalat) VIII. Shopping/Purchase at Merchant location.
G. Others: I. Mini Statement II. Check Balance III. Add/Delete Beneficiary IV. Change PIN

REGISTRATION
6. How can I register on Firstmonie?
A. You can register via three channels: I. USSD II. Internet (Web & WAP) III. At our agent’s location

B. How do I register using USSD?
On your phone simply dial *894# and follow the prompt

C. How do I register on the internet?
Go to www.firstmonie.com/iweb and completes our online registration form

D. How do I register at Agent Location?
Look out for any Firstmonie agent around you and walk up to them to register you on Firstmonie.

7. What is the cost of registering on Firstmonie?
Subscription/registration is free.

8. Is my registered information safe and secured?
All provided information is safe, transactions are secure.

PIN CHANGE
9. Can I change my PIN after registration?
Yes, you can change your PIN

10. How do I Change My PIN
Launch Firstmonie on any of the channels; go to “My Firstmonie Services” on the main menu and select “Change PIN”

11. Can my PIN expire?
Firstmonie PIN does not expire

12. What do I do if I forget my PIN?
Simply call our customer care on 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) to reset your PIN

13. Can I generate different PIN for different channels?
Yes. FirstMonie allows you to generate different PIN for each channel.

FUND WALLET/CASH DEPOSIT
14. How do I put money into my mobile wallet?
You can fund your wallet using any of the following channels: I. At Agent’s location II. At ATM III. From Bank Account
IV. From Card(s) Account

15. How do I put money into my wallet at an Agent’s location?
Locate any Firstmonie agent or First Bank branch in your area, deposit cash amount to the agent and agent will provide
the e-value of the cash deposited.

SEND MONEY
16. What is the fee or charges for funding wallet at Agent location?
Wallet funding at Agent location is free.

17. Can I send money to people who aren’t registered to Firstmonie?
Yes. There are two ways to achieve this: (A).Through token generation. (B). By sending money directly to an unregistered user’s phone number.

* Please note however that the unregistered user cannot access the money until he/she registers for Firstmonie.

18. Can I use Firstmonie to send money directly to bank accounts?
Yes.

19. How long does a Firstmonie transfer take the beneficiary to receive sent money on Firstmonie?
Instant! Firstmonie transactions happens real-time.

PRODUCT TYPES
20. What are the product types on Firstmonie?
a. Firstmonie Classic
b. Firstmonie Gold
c. Firstmonie Platinum

23. What is the fee and charges applicable on Firstmonie transactions?
Firstmonie charges are highly affordable and competitive. Please see fliers for more details

CHANNELS OF TRANSACTION
24. Where can I do Firstmonie transactions
A. Agent location
B. First Bank branches
C. Do it yourself using any of the transaction channels

25. What are the channels available for Transactions?
A. USSD
B. Mobile (WAP)
C. Web

26. Can I use Firstmonie if I have no airtime in my phone?
Yes.

27. Do I need to have internet connection on my phone to be able to access Firstmonie?
No. You can use other channels like USSD.

28. How do I know if my phone is compatible?
You can access the Firstmonie application through USSD, web-lite or Web on any phone.

FIRSTMONIE CUSTOMER CARE
29. What is Firstmonie Customer Care (FCC)?
Firstmonie customer care is an interactive 24/7 customer Care Center

30. How can I reach FCC?
Simply dial 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) or send an email to firstmonie@firstbanknigeria.com

31. What should I do if I get a message I don’t understand during a Firstmonie transaction?
Visit the nearest Firstmonie Agent or FirstBank branch or call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643).

32. What happens if I lose my mobile phone?
Simply call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) for your wallet on the phone to be blocked. Do a SIM swap with your network and call 07003477866643 to unblock your account.

33. How do I unblock my account?
Call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

34. What happens to the funds in my mobile wallet if I lose my phone?
The money in your lost phone wallet is secured and safe provided your PIN is not compromised

35. Who do I call if I have a Firstmonie problem or question?
Simply call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

36. I have not received a verification message on my mobile phone. What should I do?
For assistance, call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

37. Can I link my First Bank account to my Firstmonie account?
Yes.

38. I already have an account with First Bank; can I transfer money between accounts using Firstmonie?
Yes

39. Is it possible to transfer funds from my First Bank account to my FirsmMonie account?
Yes.

EQUIRY
40. How will I know if the receiver has received the money sent?
Both the sender and receiver will receive SMS transaction alerts for all successful transactions

41. If I send money to the wrong mobile number, how do I reverse this transaction?
Firstmonie allows customer to reconfirm transactions details before sending. However, wrong transaction can be reversed under the applicable terms and conditions. Call 07003477866643 for more information

42. Do I need a bank account to operate Firstmonie?
No. FirstMonie does not require subscribers to have a bank account. You just need a phone.

43. What happens if a customer does not receive a confirmation SMS from Firstmonie after a transaction?
If there is a delay in receiving an SMS from Firstmonie for more than 10 minutes, call the First money contact center and the status of your transaction on Firstmonie system will be confirmed.

44. What happens if a Mobile Network service is down?
Because Firstmonie relies on the network, if any telecom SMS service is down, Firstmonie will not work for that particular network

45. Will my transactions be limited to the Agent location where I registered?
No. You will be able to carry out transactions at any agent’s location.

46. Can I transact on Firstmonie if I am out of the country?
Yes. You can carry out transactions on FirstMonie if you are out of the country as long as you have roaming activated on your phone.

47. What happens when the Firstmonie customer dies and still has funds in the Firstmonie wallet?
In case of death, the next of Kin can claim the money in the wallet.

48. How do I close my Firstmonie account?
All Firstmonie customers can close their account by going to Agents location to withdraw Funds – termed CASH OUT transactions.

49. What happens if I change my SIM card/mobile phone number?
With valid evidence of ownership your previous account balance can be moved to your new
phone number. Please call 07003477866643 for more details.

50. Can I access Firstmonie outside Nigeria?
Yes, through any of our channels namely:
A. USSD
B. Mobile (WAP)
C. Web

For more info, you could visit thier website cos me i don try for you with the FAQ...lolz cheesy......am researching about their Firstmonie Agent bit ...i gatz make some money from it...anyone here with info on how to be an Agent?
www.firstmonie.com/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by pure123: 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Firstmonie is very good, i have been using it for close to 2months now............i was standed in the trafik one evening and needed to call office that i will be coming late, no creadit on my phone and no where to buy, i jxt recharged from my firstmonie account, charges from transfering monie to other account is just 5o ngn

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
@ gongzaga, a nice contribution. It is an idea nurtured in the field of opportunity that thrives and produces expected results. With windows of opportunities many shall get somewhere.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abiola_balogun: I have register as classic agent since dec 30th bt one of d frst bank officia i knw still telling me dey ar still working on it.
pls how can i apply to be mobile money agent with first bank? Its my line
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
@hayoakins thanks for the detailed information. It is a need for details like this that has tied hands of many down for long while waiting for what is required but that has not been forthcoming. With this some hidden treasure could now be available for exploit.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by klkl: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Scarpon: I don't use first bank so how will I know ??

Its not necessary to coment on this trend since you do not use First Bank. Coment on every topic is not a must

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Abiolabalogun(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
sam4xadams:
To register just go to any first bank branch and request 4 first monie agent form dey will tell u d requirement cos dey hav lik 3 agent categories bt it depend on ur choice.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexyl: @hayoakins thanks for the detailed information. It is a need for details like this that has tied hands of many down for long while waiting for what is required but that has not been forthcoming. With this some hidden treasure could now be available for exploit.

My pleasure bro...anyone who is stil moving around with cash is on a long thing and playing hide and seek with his/her life cheesy wink smiley
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abiola_balogun: To register just go to any first bank branch and request 4 first monie agent form dey will tell u d requirement cos dey hav lik 3 agent categories bt it depend on ur choice.

I registered on my phone, all i did was to dial *894# .....seriously, it was easier than i thought but had to visit one of FirsBank branches to load my wallet(make i use their term)...that is what they call it....lolz cheesy......imagine turning my phone to a wallet...this is really a good one and would even be better when i can pay for cab with Firstmonie...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by khrisponty(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
hayoakins:

1. What is FirstMonie?
Firstmonie is a mobile payment service that enables phone users to send and receive money, pay bills, buy Airtime and lots
more with their Mobile phones without a bank account. The mobile phone number serves as the account number.

2. Who is eligible for Firstmonie?
- All phone users aged 18 years and above.

3. Is Firstmonie accessible on all Phone types?
- Yes. It is accessible on low-end phones, feature phones, smartphones, SIM based tablets etc.

4. Can I use Firstmonie on any mobile network?
- Yes, FirstMonie works on all mobile networks (MTN, GLO, Airtel & ETISALAT) in Nigeria.

SERVICES
5. What are the services on Firstmonie?
A. Registration for Firstmonie
B. Fund Wallet / Cash Deposit: I. At Agent’s location II. At ATM III. From Bank Account IV. From Card(s) Account
C. Send Money: I. To any Mobile Phone in Nigeria III. To any FirstBank Account III. To Other Bank Account
D. Cash Token
E. Cash Token Generation/Redemption & Cash withdrawal : I. At Agent II. At ATM III. At FBN Branch
F. Pay Bills like I. Utilities (PHCN) II. Cable TV (DSTV, Star-times) III. State payments IV. Donations V. Investment & Insurance VI. Airline and Embassy etc VII. Airtime purchase on (Airtel , MTN, GLO and Etisalat) VIII. Shopping/Purchase at Merchant location.
G. Others: I. Mini Statement II. Check Balance III. Add/Delete Beneficiary IV. Change PIN

REGISTRATION
6. How can I register on Firstmonie?
A. You can register via three channels: I. USSD II. Internet (Web & WAP) III. At our agent’s location

B. How do I register using USSD?
On your phone simply dial *894# and follow the prompt

C. How do I register on the internet?
Go to www.firstmonie.com/iweb and completes our online registration form

D. How do I register at Agent Location?
Look out for any Firstmonie agent around you and walk up to them to register you on Firstmonie.

7. What is the cost of registering on Firstmonie?
Subscription/registration is free.

8. Is my registered information safe and secured?
All provided information is safe, transactions are secure.

PIN CHANGE
9. Can I change my PIN after registration?
Yes, you can change your PIN

10. How do I Change My PIN
Launch Firstmonie on any of the channels; go to “My Firstmonie Services” on the main menu and select “Change PIN”

11. Can my PIN expire?
Firstmonie PIN does not expire

12. What do I do if I forget my PIN?
Simply call our customer care on 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) to reset your PIN

13. Can I generate different PIN for different channels?
Yes. FirstMonie allows you to generate different PIN for each channel.

FUND WALLET/CASH DEPOSIT
14. How do I put money into my mobile wallet?
You can fund your wallet using any of the following channels: I. At Agent’s location II. At ATM III. From Bank Account
IV. From Card(s) Account

15. How do I put money into my wallet at an Agent’s location?
Locate any Firstmonie agent or First Bank branch in your area, deposit cash amount to the agent and agent will provide
the e-value of the cash deposited.

SEND MONEY
16. What is the fee or charges for funding wallet at Agent location?
Wallet funding at Agent location is free.

17. Can I send money to people who aren’t registered to Firstmonie?
Yes. There are two ways to achieve this: (A).Through token generation. (B). By sending money directly to an unregistered user’s phone number.

* Please note however that the unregistered user cannot access the money until he/she registers for Firstmonie.

18. Can I use Firstmonie to send money directly to bank accounts?
Yes.

19. How long does a Firstmonie transfer take the beneficiary to receive sent money on Firstmonie?
Instant! Firstmonie transactions happens real-time.

PRODUCT TYPES
20. What are the product types on Firstmonie?
a. Firstmonie Classic
b. Firstmonie Gold
c. Firstmonie Platinum

23. What is the fee and charges applicable on Firstmonie transactions?
Firstmonie charges are highly affordable and competitive. Please see fliers for more details

CHANNELS OF TRANSACTION
24. Where can I do Firstmonie transactions
A. Agent location
B. First Bank branches
C. Do it yourself using any of the transaction channels

25. What are the channels available for Transactions?
A. USSD
B. Mobile (WAP)
C. Web

26. Can I use Firstmonie if I have no airtime in my phone?
Yes.

27. Do I need to have internet connection on my phone to be able to access Firstmonie?
No. You can use other channels like USSD.

28. How do I know if my phone is compatible?
You can access the Firstmonie application through USSD, web-lite or Web on any phone.

FIRSTMONIE CUSTOMER CARE
29. What is Firstmonie Customer Care (FCC)?
Firstmonie customer care is an interactive 24/7 customer Care Center

30. How can I reach FCC?
Simply dial 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) or send an email to firstmonie@firstbanknigeria.com

31. What should I do if I get a message I don’t understand during a Firstmonie transaction?
Visit the nearest Firstmonie Agent or FirstBank branch or call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643).

32. What happens if I lose my mobile phone?
Simply call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643) for your wallet on the phone to be blocked. Do a SIM swap with your network and call 07003477866643 to unblock your account.

33. How do I unblock my account?
Call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

34. What happens to the funds in my mobile wallet if I lose my phone?
The money in your lost phone wallet is secured and safe provided your PIN is not compromised

35. Who do I call if I have a Firstmonie problem or question?
Simply call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

36. I have not received a verification message on my mobile phone. What should I do?
For assistance, call 0700FIRSTMONIE (07003477866643)

37. Can I link my First Bank account to my Firstmonie account?
Yes.

38. I already have an account with First Bank; can I transfer money between accounts using Firstmonie?
Yes

39. Is it possible to transfer funds from my First Bank account to my FirsmMonie account?
Yes.

EQUIRY
40. How will I know if the receiver has received the money sent?
Both the sender and receiver will receive SMS transaction alerts for all successful transactions

41. If I send money to the wrong mobile number, how do I reverse this transaction?
Firstmonie allows customer to reconfirm transactions details before sending. However, wrong transaction can be reversed under the applicable terms and conditions. Call 07003477866643 for more information

42. Do I need a bank account to operate Firstmonie?
No. FirstMonie does not require subscribers to have a bank account. You just need a phone.

43. What happens if a customer does not receive a confirmation SMS from Firstmonie after a transaction?
If there is a delay in receiving an SMS from Firstmonie for more than 10 minutes, call the First money contact center and the status of your transaction on Firstmonie system will be confirmed.

44. What happens if a Mobile Network service is down?
Because Firstmonie relies on the network, if any telecom SMS service is down, Firstmonie will not work for that particular network

45. Will my transactions be limited to the Agent location where I registered?
No. You will be able to carry out transactions at any agent’s location.

46. Can I transact on Firstmonie if I am out of the country?
Yes. You can carry out transactions on FirstMonie if you are out of the country as long as you have roaming activated on your phone.

47. What happens when the Firstmonie customer dies and still has funds in the Firstmonie wallet?
In case of death, the next of Kin can claim the money in the wallet.

48. How do I close my Firstmonie account?
All Firstmonie customers can close their account by going to Agents location to withdraw Funds – termed CASH OUT transactions.

49. What happens if I change my SIM card/mobile phone number?
With valid evidence of ownership your previous account balance can be moved to your new
phone number. Please call 07003477866643 for more details.

50. Can I access Firstmonie outside Nigeria?
Yes, through any of our channels namely:
A. USSD
B. Mobile (WAP)
C. Web

For more info, you could visit thier website cos me i don try for you with the FAQ...lolz cheesy......am researching about their Firstmonie Agent bit ...i gatz make some money from it...anyone here with info on how to be an Agent?
www.firstmonie.com/

I would like to ask; in the event am providing a service, and I require all my customers to pay via first monie 'Ussd medium' since it seems its the most straight forward and easiest medium, when they comply, doesn't that make me an agent by default? Will I be entitled to any form of commission for the business and usage am generating for first bank? Just curious, expecting a response, thanks. Very enlightening thread, been thinking of mobile money for a month now.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexphobia(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
jp philips:

you just beat me to it, i was about opening a thread on this subject matter this morning

FBN sent me a message saying that from 11th of feb 2013, all transfers to other banks below 500k will attract #105 while above will attract #150. it was 47 naira before now across board.

i have not gotten any similar notice from my other banks, which leads me to believe that it is not an across board directive from the CBN.

FBN is trying to set a precedence that will be worse than the ATM saga, we are talking about above 150/105naira multiplied by total transactions per day, this is absurd.

the CBN Gov. convinced Nigerians that the Need to go cashless was permuted to reduce cash transfer risk and logistics charges including cost of printing notes, FBN this month has turned it into an avenue to extort customers.

the internet infrastructure we use to facilitate those transactions are being maintained in part by both the customers and the bank.

this defeats the cashless policy of the CBN and it is more worrisome why the CBN boss is keeping quiet.

if we save money for the govt for printing less cash, cash handling charges, security etc, the least they should do is to charge less on those transactions.because we bear a brunt in the internet infrastructure

for a transfer from an FBN maintained current account, you are charged COT per tramnsaction, charged alert on the transaction(which i have noticed in recent time is higher than other banks), charge you inter bank transfer rate, charge you VAT on COT and sundry vats.

amidst this jamboree on your account, they hardly pay a reasonable interest on savings account.

what the new policy entails is that for every 1,000 naira you transfer from your FBN maintained current account to another bank (after paying for your internet),
you lose another

173 naira,above 10% of my transaction worth? God help you if you transfer above 500k. Now if you dare transfer 1million naira or 500k on POS, kai! your account will squeeze face immediately.

what good reason does first bank have for these arbitrary charges? cost of cash handling over the internet? cost of printing e currency?

imagine charging me VAT on COT? VAT on the money you are making from my money shouldn't it be the other way round?
why not charge VAT on SMS charge?

FBN are the latest thieves in town, im putting those accounts on hold pending when those Agbero in Suit realize that making money is not easy in Naija.

the most annoying of it all are salary accounts where you have to transfer to 50staff at a time, the bank charges alone is enough to hire an extra staff. Nonsense!!!

I will like to ask you few questions

1. Does any bank charge below 5 per mille as COT?
2. Where does VAT go to?
3. Is there any charge on email alerts ?
4. Have you done an industry analysis to compare transfer charge via online...let's say how much does gtb charge for transfers?
5. Don't you think your analysis is one sided? Kindly provide a comparative analysis.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexphobia(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
jp philips:

you just beat me to it, i was about opening a thread on this subject matter this morning

FBN sent me a message saying that from 11th of feb 2013, all transfers to other banks below 500k will attract #105 while above will attract #150. it was 47 naira before now across board.

i have not gotten any similar notice from my other banks, which leads me to believe that it is not an across board directive from the CBN.

FBN is trying to set a precedence that will be worse than the ATM saga, we are talking about above 150/105naira multiplied by total transactions per day, this is absurd.

the CBN Gov. convinced Nigerians that the Need to go cashless was permuted to reduce cash transfer risk and logistics charges including cost of printing notes, FBN this month has turned it into an avenue to extort customers.

the internet infrastructure we use to facilitate those transactions are being maintained in part by both the customers and the bank.

this defeats the cashless policy of the CBN and it is more worrisome why the CBN boss is keeping quiet.

if we save money for the govt for printing less cash, cash handling charges, security etc, the least they should do is to charge less on those transactions.because we bear a brunt in the internet infrastructure

for a transfer from an FBN maintained current account, you are charged COT per tramnsaction, charged alert on the transaction(which i have noticed in recent time is higher than other banks), charge you inter bank transfer rate, charge you VAT on COT and sundry vats.

amidst this jamboree on your account, they hardly pay a reasonable interest on savings account.

what the new policy entails is that for every 1,000 naira you transfer from your FBN maintained current account to another bank (after paying for your internet),
you lose another

173 naira,above 10% of my transaction worth? God help you if you transfer above 500k. Now if you dare transfer 1million naira or 500k on POS, kai! your account will squeeze face immediately.

what good reason does first bank have for these arbitrary charges? cost of cash handling over the internet? cost of printing e currency?

imagine charging me VAT on COT? VAT on the money you are making from my money shouldn't it be the other way round?

FBN are the latest thieves in town, im putting those accounts on hold pending when those Agbero in Suit realize that making money is not easy in Naija.

the most annoying of it all are salary accounts where you have to transfer to 50staff at a time, the bank charges alone is enough to hire an extra staff. Nonsense!!!

2. Where does VAT go to?
4. Have you done an industry analysis to compare transfer charge via online...let's say how much does gtb charge for transfers?
5. Don't you think your analysis is one sided? Kindly provide a comparative analysis.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
@ jp Philips. If bank(s) should be doing like this I wonder what CBN regugulates, is solving one problem to create another a package for the customers?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Honadeadek(m): 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
jp philips:

you lose another

We ought not to be making issues out of nothing when it is obvious that firstBank online banking still remains the cheapest in the industry. Can it be compare to other banks online banking? NO. It is obvious that all Banks in Nigeria charge Commission on Turnover of #5 per mile so I don't except a learned like U to be saying all this.

I have Use their Online banking, Gtb online banking likewise Skye online banking and I can confirm to U authoritatively that FBN charges remains the lowest and the transfers are instant with the benefit out account number confirmation, and records.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Abiolabalogun(m): 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Pls help me 2 confirm whether der agent hav started work pls
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Honadeadek:
I would like to ask; in the event am providing a service, and I require all my customers to pay via first monie 'Ussd medium' since it seems its the most straight forward and easiest medium, when they comply, doesn't that make me an agent by default? Will I be entitled to any form of commission for the business and usage am generating for first bank? Just curious, expecting a response, thanks. Very enlightening thread, been thinking of mobile money for a month now

Want to earn extra money?

A Firstmonie agent can extra money by fulfilling the following requirements.
Pick up an application form from any FirstBank branch or click here
Fill a form and submit at a FirstBank branch nearest to you with the required documents.
All you need
· A functional mobile phone
· An existing physical Business/shop location
· A computer with internet access (For Platinum Agents only)

Firstmonie Agent Categories
Firstmonie Classic Agent
• A working capital of N30,000
• Certificate of Good Conduct (Court affidavit or a letter from village chief)
• Financial affairs for the last 3months (if any)
• Copy of ID or equivalent (Driver’s license, National ID card or International Passport
• Two Passport size photos
• Proof of Address (Utility bill)

Firstmonie Gold Agent
• A working capital of N100,000
• Means of ID (Driver’s license, National ID card or International passport)
• A copy of your Certificate of Incorporation or Registration of Business
• Account Statement for the last 6months
• Two passport size photos of principal contact(s)
• Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART) (if any)

Firstmonie Platinum Agent
• A working capital of N1,000,000
• Means of ID (Driver’s license , National ID card or International Passport)
• A copy of your Certificate of Incorporation
• Account Statement for the last 6 months
• Two passport size photos of principal contact(s)
• Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMART) if any
Once your Agent registration is approved, you will get a Firstmonie Agent Account Number and welcome SMS confirming your successful registration

http://46.38.182.253/firstmonie/Agent/tabid/873/language/en-US/Default.aspx

abeg for more info...you guys should google or visit their site/branch...i don burn my megabyte for una reach cheesy

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexphobia:

2. Where does VAT go to?

GTB charges as low as 500NGN and as much as 1500NGN for online transfer depending on the how fast you want it cheesy...you select RTGS(real time gross settlement)...your account will scream for the debit charge that would be leveled against itcheesy , some other banks also charge crazily compare to FBN's, i just hope FBN will not do another upward review else i will run for my life sharperly ni wink...am tayad of this financial institutions feeding off my ass

The last time i need to obtain my activation code for online payment from GTB, i had to purchase token which cost 3k, i wish i had gone for FirstBank's which cost just 2000NGN....

Yipeeeeeeeee....i found this online but it is as at JANUARY 2013, i guess it is before Firstbank increase their onlin charges ....see as Banks dey shop our money.....sad oga oh
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by gbokukueba(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
See how Nigeria is struggling to implement mobile money when countries in East Africa has gone far...
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by cynthiasmart(f): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
fyneconcepts: I don't use first money but I use zenith banks eazymoney the functions and modus of operation is similar to what rexyl described. U can use it as banked or unbanked. For unbanked u don't need a bank account all u need is ur mobile fone. Get registered by visiting customers service unit of any zenith bank branch or their website.

U can do this using any type of fone. U don't necessarily have to download an app. There are three was of doing this on ur fone. 1. By downloading an app this is java based for Internet connected fones. 2. Via simple tool kit (stk)this option is currently only available for visa fone and etisalat subscribers and u don't need to be Internet connected. The eazymoney money menu will be pushed to ur simple card. 3. Ussd: this operates via a sending sms to a short code. No Internet connection required. The code is *966# and is available on mtn and airtel for now.

The best part of this product for me is the ability to send money to anyone's fone number Wethers the person is an eazymoney member or not. Jst take the code sent to u to the nearest zenith bank or ATM (WIP for atm)and collect ya money

To know everything about Zenithbank eazymoney, check this post http://naijatips.com/eazymoney-best-mobile-banking-platform-in-nigeria/

Said quite a lot already visit www.eazymoney.com.ng for more info
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexphobia:

2. Where does VAT go to?
3. ionIs there any charge on email alerts ?

i don't blame you, i blame the corruption for which fate has cursed this nation, you want to sound like all is well, if we had responsible leaders i will not be the one pointing out the difference between service charge, extortion and broad day robbery.

i will answer your questions hoping that you will answer mine at the end of each question.

1) the last time i calculated FBN COT was a whooping 5% deduction, trying to downplay it as 5 per mil whatever that means is a topic for another day, i believe i am not the only customer of FBN, who ever takes his time to do the maths will definitely arrive at the same answer.

now my question, kindly tell us how much interest you pay on savings account?
also how much is FBN fixed deposit cos i nearly lost my voice negotiating 8% per mil on your lousy compound interest.
my banker was busy echoing "cost of funds" yet you pay nothing on savings account and fixed deposit account who generate the said funds.

isn't that day light robbery? how much was your interest rate on loans for this month how much tell us? and how much did you pay the savings account and fixed deposit owners this month as interest?? petty thieves

2) Vat goes to the government, Vat is not an illegal charge, its the way bankers apply it that is worrisome.

if you buy a recharge card of 750 naira, it is inclusive of Vat, MTN renders a call service to you and remits 5% of 750 to the government.

now i deposit my money in your bank, you charge me fund transfer, no wahala, you use my money to make more money for yourself, i don't complain, when i need my money you charge me again for the transfer, charge me COT and then charge me VAT on the COT that you made from my money. this is insane.

now, before you attempt to justify that madness,

tell me why you don't charge me VAT on Sms
VAT on account opening balance
VAT on ATM card purchase
VAT on top ups and bills
VAT on Token purchase
VAT on letter of reference
VAT on minimum and maximum fund transfers
VAT on ATM inter bank transfers
VAT on internet Funds transfer

because in all the above charges you collect from your customers, does it mean you don't remit the required 5% to the Government? please i need an answer.

3) please quote that part of my post that insinuates or implied your question number 3, i never said that, all i said is that your SMS charge is higher than other banks, for a single transaction, you send me three sms sometimes two and charge me for all, ya, im waiting for you to say it is network problem since the system is automated, fine, i also know that every automated system generates a log, why don't you reverse it when the log shows it?

it is more annoying because it fills up my Inbox meant for more important things. little wonder they charged me for happy birthday sms they sent. petty thieves.

4) i use all services of GTB their charges are no where near FBN. i am not holding brief for them because there are times they piss me off with their ATM service, but we must put things in the right perspective,

5) i don't owe you any analysis, instead i will use that time to take my funds elsewhere.

Till date, access bank, aka defunct intercontinental is still sending me lousy text messages to re activate my account when they thought i was stup!d, you can go through my posts to see my inter complaints before i did the honorable.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexyl: @ jp Philips. If bank(s) should be doing like this I wonder what CBN regugulates, is solving one problem to create another a package for the customers?

if you do heavy transactions, just call your accountants and peruse the bank charges column, you will not believe how much you lose to those thieves.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
Honadeadek:
We ought not to be making issues out of nothing when it is obvious that firstBank online banking still remains the cheapest in the industry. Can it be compare to other banks online banking? NO. It is obvious that all Banks in Nigeria charge Commission on Turnover of #5 per mile so I don't except a learned like U to be saying all this.

I have Use their Online banking, Gtb online banking likewise Skye online banking and I can confirm to U authoritatively that FBN charges remains the lowest and the transfers are instant with the benefit out account number confirmation, and records.

let me assume you have not used FBN online service since 11th of feb. i will also excuse your ignorance about GTB, you can call your bankers to straighten your facts
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Ninapha(f): 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
sam4xadams:
. Its easy bro, just walk into any first bank branch, demand to see any marketer, BSM or BM for proper orientation. There are three categories and d most important thing is having a gud site ie. A shop and in a gud site too. Why? Cos u need where ppl wd need ur services and u also know u hv to hv some cash for those who wish to cash out.

I am in Anambra, where are u? Let me see if i can get u thru. If u are outside my location. Feel free to walk into any FBN office and request to speak with d BM, BSM or any marketer. Tnks.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Ninapha(f): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
jp philips:

let me assume you have not used FBN online service since 11th of feb. i will also excuse your ignorance about GTB, you can call your bankers to straighten your facts
my brother there sure has been some changes yet FBN charges remain d cheapest. I know some banks charge over-d-counter withdrawal upto 200 naira, FIP- first instant pay and NEFT charges were adjusted but yet not to compare wit other banks. Payin 300N to tranfer 400k+ or 1000 for a mil is not bad, is it? How much does other banks charge? Some comments on bank charges here are mere rumours.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
hayoakins:

GTB charges as low as 500NGN and as much as 1500NGN for online transfer depending on the how fast you want it cheesy...you select RTGS(real time gross settlement)...your account will scream for the debit charge that would be leveled against itcheesy , some other banks also charge crazily compare to FBN's, i just hope FBN will not do another upward review else i will run for my life sharperly ni wink...am tayad of this financial institutions feeding off my ass

The last time i need to obtain my activation code for online payment from GTB, i had to purchase token which cost 3k, i wish i had gone for FirstBank's which cost just 2000NGN....

Yipeeeeeeeee....i found this online but it is as at JANUARY 2013, i guess it is before Firstbank increase their onlin charges ....see as Banks dey shop our money.....sad oga oh

Is that GTB Somalia you referred to?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Gudwil: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
HAH: My people please don't be fooled by the banks that you don't need an account . Where will the money being transferred come from? The air or what, one definitely need an account to receive and make transfer from any platform unless the bankers use some jargons to confuse you.

Your phone number will be your account number, you don't have to own a bank account. I'm an agent of FirstMonie.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by hayoakins(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
jp philips:

Is that GTB Somalia you referred to?

I got my fact dude but seriously you got some points.... are you sure banks charge for sending lousy and less creative birthday sms? Serious I wanna know.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Gudwil: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
swtcharissa: I hope they won't give ​U̶̲̥̅̊ an interview...

no interview is involved for. There is going to be road shows starting tomorrow, 26th Feb, across the cities of Lagos for 3wks.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ninapha: my brother there sure has been some changes yet FBN charges remain d cheapest. I know some banks charge over-d-counter withdrawal upto 200 naira, FIP- first instant pay and NEFT charges were adjusted but yet not to compare wit other banks. Payin 300N to tranfer 400k+ or 1000 for a mil is not bad, is it? How much does other banks charge? Some comments on bank charges here are mere rumours.

i don't know where you wanna take your assumptions to but i am telling you for a fact that you are no where close.
why should you be looking at other extortion as a yard stick to justify another, is that how adults think?

i am glad you have admitted they reviewed their charges, my question is this; what justifies that?
what extra liability have they incurred to warrant the increment?

how does extortion consolidate the cashless policy?
if you have the right answers to these questions, you will understand why i am furious.

by October last year, first bank has declared a whooping profit of 54.12 billion after tax. how do you think they make such amounts?
rightly put,its your money.

sorry to get a little personal with you ,how much did you turn over in your business last year? what percentage of your profit went to bank charges for the year 2012?
how many civil and private servants got 150% pay rise last year to justify that onerous increment?

a thief that was charging 47naira just last year with sundry thefts raked in over 54billion as profit, over-nite, reviewed same service charge upwards by 150% without provocation and you think its ok??

why do we Service the CBN with Tax payer's money if we are destined to be living like this?

i pray i don't meet someone with your mentality in my line of business damn!!

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Gudwil: 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
Dear Esteemed Agent,
You are cordially invited to the
Firstmonie Road show.
Please see the details of this
event below.
Kindly take note of these dates
and prepare to attend in your
Firstmonie branded t-shirts
and face caps. You will be able
to carry out transactions, and
also meet with the Firstmonie
to clarify on all issues on
Firstmonie.
First Monie Road Show
DATE: 26th February - 11th
March 2013
DAY
DATE
2ND VENUE
ACTIVITY
Tuesday
26/2/2013
Lagos
Okearin Market
Sura Market
Road Show Activation
Wednesday
27/2/2013
Lagos
Ojuwoye Market
Daleko Market
Road Show Activation
Thursday
28/2/2013
Lagos
Ketu Market
Mile 12
Road Show Activation
Friday
1/3/2013
Lagos
Agege Market
Abattoir Market
Road Show Activation
Saturday
2/3/2013
Lagos
Alade Market
Retail Market Ogba
Road Show Activation
Sunday
3/3/2013
Lagos
Rest
Rest
Rest
Monday
4/3/2013
Lagos
Oshodi Market
Mosafejo Market
Road Show Activation
Tuesday
5/3/2013
Lagos
Aswani Market
Ireakari Market
Road Show Activation
Wednesday
6/3/2013
Lagos
Obada Market
Balogun Market
Road Show Activation
Thursday
7/3/2013
Lagos
Ayobo Market
Ipaja Market
Road Show Activation
Friday
7/3/2013
Lagos
Sabo Market
Agric Market
Road Show Activation
Saturday
8/3/2013
Lagos
Dopemu Market
Olugbede Market
Road Show Activation
Sunday
9/3/2013
Lagos
Rest
Rest
Rest
Monday
10/3/2013
Lagos
Ikeja Local Government Front
Ipodo Market
Road Show Activation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) / Truexgold Nairaland Customer Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.