Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money (128628 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Monie Management / Mobile Monie:first Monie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2015
protegesol:

The Blackberry app ain't working right.

The app should be working by now. To make the process easier, first register by dialing *894# on your phone with the phone number (preferably glo) you will like to use for the mobile account. After that, send `firstmonie services` and activate the mobile channel for various channels you want to link, then proceed to the application downloaded and activate with the same pin.

Thereafter you can link firstmonie acct to your bank account, you will need one of national id, voter's card, driver's license or passport to get it done
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by steve888(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the useful explanation, kindly send the link to download app for blackberry.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2015
steve888:
Thanks for the useful explanation, kindly send the link to download app for blackberry.

http://firstmonieonline.com/downloads

check out http://samrotix..com.ng/2016/03/mobile-money-mobile-banking-embrace.html?m=1 to register and activate mobile money account of some banks.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by mikolo80: 9:01am On May 09, 2015
HAH:
Shy lock nature of our bank will not make this noble idea which very successful in east africa to fail in Nigeria.

I don't know why banks have emphasis on charges when they make even more money on the float they enjoy with the money saved by you in the account, for goodness sake the amount time and energy spent on transferring 1000 and 1 billion are the same it it not same punching of keyboard.

A real banker should concentrate on asset creation and liability generation, transaction charges should be down played in order to encourage saving which is more beneficial to the bank in the long run.
grammar.like everything else nigeria doesn't have enough banks.so high demand for bankimg services means there really is no competition so they can extort you all they want and there os nothing hou can do about it.sorry
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
iPublicizeNaija:
I have personally used first monie to pay for my dstv and send money to people and i can tell you that it works well
How much were you charged per transaction?
For example, paga tech charges #50 per transaction and #100 per money transfer
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
indigene:

How much were you charged per transaction?
For example, paga tech charges #50 per transaction and #100 per money transfer

N50
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by angelite5(f): 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Rexyl:

N50
. Ave bin tryin 2 register for it online buh afta enterin my DOB, it tells me dah I shld enta it again
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
angelite5:
. Ave bin tryin 2 register for it online buh afta enterin my DOB, it tells me dah I shld enta it again

You must first register with *894# on your phone and use the pin to register on the app. So simple, just follow the process as described in the previous post
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by massalati(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2016
Rexyl:
Download the application, register an account with any of your phone numbers as your account number. So cool and easy to transact biz: no more going to banks before transferring money to friends, family, customers and settling various payments right inside your office, room... anywhere anytime.

mobile transaction rocks.
but the problen is that it does nt work with a mtn sim.. What else can i do!
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by massalati(m): 7:57am On Mar 06, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][email][/email] with my mtn sim it works time to time when using my phone, right nw have been trying to yus the service bt they kept on saying try again
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
massalati:
but the problen is that it does nt work with a mtn sim.. What else can i do!

use GLO, and dial for free
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by massalati(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rexyl:

use GLO, and dial for free
but i register with an mtn sim, am so kunfuz dnt knw wether to change my number 2 an airtel sim..tankz 4 ur cment
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
massalati:
but i register with an mtn sim, am so kunfuz dnt knw wether to change my number 2 an airtel sim..tankz 4 ur cment

whatever network you use to register you won't have any problem with the app except there is an update or you are required to provide certain info. As said prepare for little SMS charges if you do transactions via SMS and not GLO. As for the app... it's cool and able to do many transactions
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by youngmarshal: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Abeg oooh,I want to transfer money to bank account using firstmonie... I've filled the colums remaining that of description. Pls what should I input there?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 6:14am On Apr 02, 2016
youngmarshal:
Abeg oooh,I want to transfer money to bank account using firstmonie... I've filled the colums remaining that of description. Pls what should I input there?

payment or gift or whatever you intend to do
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by youngmarshal: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Rexyl:

payment or gift or whatever you intend to do
Thanks bro...
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by anitank(f): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
do i need a token in order to use this app?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
anitank:
do i need a token in order to use this app?

nope
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by anitank(f): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Rexyl:

nope
Thanks for the prompt response. One last thing, it's asking for my debit card details to register. Is it safe and secure enough to divulge such information?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by omoharry(f): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
jpphilips:

you just beat me to it, i was about opening a thread on this subject matter this morning

FBN sent me a message saying that from 11th of feb 2013, all transfers to other banks below 500k will attract #105 while above will attract #150. it was 47 naira before now across board.

i have not gotten any similar notice from my other banks, which leads me to believe that it is not an across board directive from the CBN.

FBN is trying to set a precedence that will be worse than the ATM saga, we are talking about above 150/105naira multiplied by total transactions per day, this is absurd.

the CBN Gov. convinced Nigerians that the Need to go cashless was permuted to reduce cash transfer risk and logistics charges including cost of printing notes, FBN this month has turned it into an avenue to extort customers.

the internet infrastructure we use to facilitate those transactions are being maintained in part by both the customers and the bank.

this defeats the cashless policy of the CBN and it is more worrisome why the CBN boss is keeping quiet.

if we save money for the govt for printing less cash, cash handling charges, security etc, the least they should do is to charge less on those transactions.because we bear a brunt in the internet infrastructure

for a transfer from an FBN maintained current account, you are charged COT per tramnsaction, charged alert on the transaction(which i have noticed in recent time is higher than other banks), charge you inter bank transfer rate, charge you VAT on COT and sundry vats.

amidst this jamboree on your account, they hardly pay a reasonable interest on savings account.

what the new policy entails is that for every 1,000 naira you transfer from your FBN maintained current account to another bank (after paying for your internet),
you lose another

173 naira,above 10% of my transaction worth? God help you if you transfer above 500k. Now if you dare transfer 1million naira or 500k on POS, kai! your account will squeeze face immediately.

what good reason does first bank have for these arbitrary charges? cost of cash handling over the internet? cost of printing e currency?

imagine charging me VAT on COT? VAT on the money you are making from my money shouldn't it be the other way round?
why not charge VAT on SMS charge?

FBN are the latest thieves in town, im putting those accounts on hold pending when those Agbero in Suit realize that making money is not easy in Naija.

the most annoying of it all are salary accounts where you have to transfer to 50staff at a time, the bank charges alone is enough to hire an extra staff. Nonsense!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin kai..you are quite correct, i experience these charges too..but oga you use style funny, no be small.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
anitank:

Thanks for the prompt response. One last thing, it's asking for my debit card details to register. Is it safe and secure enough to divulge such information?

I don't know if this reqiurment was introduced but I doubt it. You are not to divulge your card details except for the transactions that require such details. If you must connect your your bank account with Firstmonie and link debit card, it must be properly done in the bank
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by ikevin(m): 1:00am On Sep 18, 2016
Rexyl:

I don't know if this reqiurment was introduced but I doubt it. You are not to divulge your card details except for the transactions that require such details. If you must connect your your bank account with Firstmonie and link debit card, it must be properly done in the bank
I'm trying to login to first monie website, I don't understand the meaning of USeRnaME, is it my phone number or what? Thanks
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Joel3(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2016
ikevin:
I'm trying to login to first monie website, I don't understand the meaning of USeRnaME, is it my phone number or what? Thanks
I think so
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by ikevin(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2016
Joel3:
I think so
but it keeps coming up with invalid username/pin combination, and I'm very sure of my PIN.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Joel3(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
ikevin:
but it keeps coming up with invalid username/pin combination, and I'm very sure of my PIN.
then use the app. the app is more convenient.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by ikevin(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Joel3:
then use the app. the app is more convenient.
the app works but is not linked to my savings account, how do I do that?
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
ikevin:

only the bank can do this for you. you need to visit your bank and apply to link the two
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by ikevin(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
Rexyl:

only the bank can do this for you. you need to visit your bank and apply to link the two
thanks very much, I really do not want to stress myself going to the bank, now it seems I don't have a choice.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Joel3(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
ikevin:
you don't need to link it. Instead fund it from the first bank atm. go to firstbank atm with ur card. fund ur first monie there.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by ikevin(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
Joel3:
you don't need to link it. Instead fund it from the first bank atm. go to firstbank atm with ur card. fund ur first monie there.
thanks, yet that would mean I'll have to go to d ATM each time the funds are exhausted.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Joel3(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
ikevin:
thanks, yet that would mean I'll have to go to d ATM each time the funds are exhausted.
that's if you make use of it everyday. if you want to link it. then go to bank branch. They will givd you the form.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Dahook(m): 10:50pm On May 06, 2017
Joel3:
that's if you make use of it everyday. if you want to link it. then go to bank branch. They will givd you the form.

Aiit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) / Truexgold Nairaland Customer Support

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.