Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Let's Talk About Online Flirting... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Talk About Online Flirting... (11009 Views)

10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / My Husband Is Flirting.... / Ghanaian In UK Kills Wife For Flirting With A Nigerian [PICTURED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 2:16am On Nov 29, 2012
BABE!:

Who ever said it was cheating?? No need to define words, sir Coogar.

It's irresponsible and kinda weird and sorta creepy ..
It just doesn't sit well with me.

if its not cheating - why is it wrong and irresponsible?
am i in the land of philistines?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 29, 2012
BABE!:

Who ever said it was cheating?? No need to define words, sir Coogar.

It's irresponsible and kinda weird and sorta creepy ..
It just doesn't sit well with me.

HaHa BABÈ! You must be a very possessive lady.... on top wetin grin I bet you are getting agitated now !
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by BABE3: 2:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't see it either. Story story, I used to have a, friend of a friend, who would even flirt with the plumber if she could get a discount. I mean she had no problem with it as she felt there was no harm to all that. Well, that belief went out the door when her husband started "flirting" with his colleague at work. Long story short, they eventually split up because according to the husband "she was too jealous".

You should have recommended "Sims 3" and a console/computer for your friend of friend and her husband.

Playing Sims is a more refined way of simulating weird fantasies and so called "jokes" while you're in a serious relationship.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by BABE3: 2:21am On Nov 29, 2012
jidegirl12:

HaHa BABÈ! You must be a very possessive lady.... on top wetin grin I bet you are getting agitated now !

Nope! I'm cool as a cucumber. My husband is well behaved. cheesy

coogar:

if its not cheating - why is it wrong and irresponsible?
am i in the land of philistines?

Cheating is the only "wrong" and "irresponsible thing" in relationships ?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Nov 29, 2012
BABE!:

You should have recommended "Sims 3" and a console/computer for your friend of friend and her husband.

Playing Sims is a more refined way of simulating weird fantasies and so called "jokes" while you're in a serious relationship.

ROFLMAO!!! Had a class mate who discovered his gal-friend in that game was a man who lived only a couple of blocks away here in Chicago. ROFLMAO!! He almost beat the shi*t out of the other guy when he realized it has been him he had been having those intimate chats with. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 29, 2012
Well couples need to define their relationships. As for me, I doubt I'd be flirting online while married. Won't take it from him either.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 29, 2012
Please for clarification sake, would all the Sagamite gist with his multitudes of women here be considered flirting too?

Because I don't see that as flirting. Now the stuff that goes on in the romance section for example, now that's flirting. I honestly can't say I've seen much real (reciprocated) flirting go on in this section. Am I defining flirting different from everyone else?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by EfemenaXY: 2:28am On Nov 29, 2012
^^ Abi?

Abeg help me ask them.

Warra bunch of stuck up cows! Next thing, dem go carry bible dey preach say it's wrong to converse with the opposite sex. Afterall, all females interacting with Saga for example, have ulterior motives to get under the sheets with him.

Mtcheew.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 2:29am On Nov 29, 2012
ileobatojo: Please for clarification sake, would all the Sagamite gist with his multitudes of women here be considered flirting too?

Because I don't see that as flirting. Now the stuff that goes on in the romance section for example, now that's flirting. I honestly can't say I've seen much real (reciprocated) flirting go on in this section. Am I defining flirting different from everyone else?

nigerians don't know the meaning of the word - we have so many stuck-up people here with no fun in their lives. flirting is actually healthy - an ego booster! it's an adult game and kids are not allowed!

BABE!:

Cheating is the only "wrong" and "irresponsible thing" in relationships ?

what else is wrong?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Nov 29, 2012
I think those in committed relationships of any kind know what they can or cannot say to others of opposite sex in front of their other half. If you cannot say it to another man/woman when sitting in front of your own man/woman, then it is likely not what you should even online. I mean, yes, relationships are different. I have been around people who have pretended to be open about these things only to pay for it all later on, and I have been around people who chosen to have strict rules laid down from the get go but have later succumbed to their human side. I think it is up to individuals to decide what they will do or not do when in a relationship.

Yes, there are those of us who swear off flirting completely. . . we do exist and we are not hypocrites but humans who have simply made the choice to say NO. Personally, I am afraid of what the person on the other side looks like. Anyone who has seen the 2009 Bruce Willis movie "Surrogates" will know what I mean. ROFLMAO!!

Anywho, anyone fighting a guilty conscience should probably understand that we have nothing to do with that. ROFLMAO!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy You probably want to listen to what your conscience is telling you and abandon the projecting. . . it ain't gonna get you anywhere or any converts.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by slimyem: 2:31am On Nov 29, 2012
ileobatojo: Please for clarification sake, would all the Sagamite gist with his multitudes of women here be considered flirting too?

@bolded..Definitely!
...or do you have any other definition for that?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 2:35am On Nov 29, 2012
slimyem: @bolded..Definitely!

it's just online banter, abeg!
people who flirt here don't even have a clue about what the other look like - how can that qualify as flirting - i think majority of you peops take what you read here far too seriously than what's intended - what a boring sad lives most of y'all live. if you really think busy_body wants to shäg her 35 NL boyfriends in the real world then you need to get a broom, find a large warehouse and sweep without breaks!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

nigerians don't know the meaning of the word - we have so many stuck-up people here with no fun in their lives. flirting is actually healthy - an ego booster! it's an adult game and kids are not allowed!

Yeah ! Ego booster like me.... me me me and me! na my papa own am! Na me build am! I dey rule and feed oyinbo so wetin ?

coogar:

what else is wrong?

Hiding behind cooger trying to fan the flames of fight cheesy cheesy

* my name is jide and I approve this message*
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

people who flirt here don't even have a clue about what the other look like - how can that qualify as flirting - i think majority of you peops take what you read here far too seriously than what's intended - what a boring sad lives most of y'all live. if you really think busy_body wants to shäg her 35 NL boyfriends in the real world then you need to get a broom, find a large warehouse and sweep without breaks!

You mean get a JOB grin grin
coogar:

This is so unnecessary. People catch their fun in different ways. If you catch yours by flirting, no problem. Afterall some people think it's fun to jump off a plane or cliff.

1 Like

slimyem: @bolded..Definitely!

Online flirting is generally not my type of thing but I don't feel strongly about it either way if it's occasional; few and far between. If it is an obsession, that's pervy and somewhat disgusting. That being said, I do not agree that all these Sagamite jokes qualify as flirting. I don't perceive attraction or interest from any of those ladies so to me, it's all just silly jokes.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by BABE3: 2:42am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

Lol@ adult game and ego booster. Interesting euphemisms and twists.

coogar: what else is wrong?

What else is wrong? Really? Nefa mind.
It's getting hot in here. I'm out.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Idowuogbo(f): 2:43am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2012
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin grin

Idowuogbo abi ikoro leti toba sun lo ...blank blank blank ( humming) ..... LMFAO!!!! (claps grin grin grin)
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2012
jidegirl12:
Yeah ! Ego booster like me.... me me me and me! na my papa own am! Na me build am! I dey rule and feed oyinbo so wetin ?

if sagamite catches you....

be careful before someone accuses you of flirting....

stillwater:
This is so unnecessary. People catch their fun in different ways. If you catch yours by flirting, no problem. Afterall some people think it's fun to jump off a plane or cliff.

haven't i seen you and sagamite go full pelt at it? did your husband complain or were you tickled by ordinary meaningless banter?

BABE!:

Lol@ adult game and ego booster. Interesting euphemisms and twists.

hi babe!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2012
ileobatojo:

Online flirting is generally not my type of thing but I don't feel strongly about it either way if it's occasional; few and far between. If it is an obsession, that's pervy and somewhat disgusting. That being said, I do not agree that all these Sagamite jokes qualify as flirting. I don't perceive attraction or interest from any of those ladies so to me, it's all just silly jokes.

So what would constitute OCCASIONAL flirting? Once every quarter hour? Once a day? In this day and age where people spend about 4 hours or their day chatting/engaged in some sort of back and forth with others online, what constitutes OCCASIONAL?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Idowuogbo(f): 2:51am On Nov 29, 2012
jidegirl12:

Idowuogbo abi ikoro leti toba sun lo ...blank blank blank ( humming) ..... LMFAO!!!! (claps grin grin grin)
grin grin grin grin
U need deliverance
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

haven't i seen you and sagamite go full pelt at it? did your husband complain or were you tickled by ordinary meaningless banter?

Am I married? Besides as I said it's entirely left to the couple and how they choose to define it.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by EfemenaXY: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2012
Madam ID I see you o!

Wetin carry you come this side? And how market for your pure water business? cheesy

Oh wait! I should mind how I "joke" with you, less it be mis-interpreted that I nurse naughty sexual fantasies about you!

jidegirl12:

Some people can find trouble eh? grin
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So what would constitute OCCASIONAL flirting? Once every quarter hour? Once a day? In this day and age where people spend about 4 hours or their day chatting/engaged in some sort of back and forth with others online, what constitutes OCCASIONAL?

If you do something once every quarter hour or once a day, would you consider that occasional?

Why are you shouting?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by BABE3: 2:55am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:
hi babe!

I'm back. smiley My darling husband... the one that never flirts....unlike them people kiss
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 29, 2012
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin grin
U need deliverance

Deliverance from flirting with Rudy..... and Guitar that kept trolling grin grin

How body?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by slimyem: 2:57am On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

Nobody is trying to see what's not there....
Just call a spade what it is...stop playing semantics..
Flirting -----to behave in such a way as to demonstrate a playful sexual attraction to someone else..
Banter-----the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks..
Its a double entendre..one meaning formally appropriate....and the other simply suggestive!
This isn't a judgement thread...
The principles of right and wrong behaviour is subject to individuals!
Nothing said/will be said on this issue is/will be expressly based on facts.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 29, 2012
BABE!:

I'm back. smiley My darling husband... the one that never flirts....unlike them people kiss

There we go.... That's what I'm talking about .... loosen up Babe... Oops lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Nov 29, 2012
ileobatojo:

If you do something once every quarter hour or once a day, would you consider that occasional?

Why are you shouting?

I am not you. You came up with the suggestion that when done occasionally, there is no harm in it. And I wanted to ascertain what your definition of OCCASIONALLY would be in this case since many of those who do it here, do it about daily, and not once in most cases. Many of these people have various tools :facebook, IM, Twitter, YouTube, Nairaland forum etc, with which to stay in touch . . . so when we say occasionally, we have to be clear what occasionally means in the online/internet world we find ourselves in daily.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 29, 2012
Efemena_xy:
Some people can find trouble eh? grin

Wetin I for do now? It's been a long day and I need my dose of NL trouble grin grin
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by camgal(f): 3:01am On Nov 29, 2012
RANDOM POST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QocvR5YXBms click if interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.