Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria - Web Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria (38223 Views)

Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria (contact Details) / Best Web Hosting Companies / Web Design Companies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by shehu11(m): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2006
Hello webmasters, I am a web designer, and have designed a few web sites for companies in Nigeria and Ghana, but I have always thought the cost of hosting websites is way beyond our means. Browsing through the web, I have come to realise that our local host companies are more or less a rip off. I think we in Africa are at a serious disadvantage because we do not have as much credit facilities as most other people all over the world. So many of us do not have such facilities as visa cards, mastercards, etc, and this makes purchases online next to impossible.

But I think their is light at the end of the tunnel. Lately there has been a few very reliable companies who have come up with unique ideas, and I mean e-gold. E-gold was the first online payment system and started in 1996. It is unique in the sense that it is 100% backed by gold, but unfortunately it lost that position to other online payment systems backed by the dollar, pounds sterling and other major currencies. But lately e-gold has made a come back, and should be embrassed by we africans especially we nigerians the true leaders of africa.  We African webmasters must embrass this unique online payment system that is to the best of my knowledge the only international form of online payment, and the cheapest in terms of how much is charged as administration fees.

I have used e-gold to make purchases online recently, and am happy to recommend it to people.
Webmasters, you might be interested to know that one of the cheapest Nigerian host companies I have come across with rates starting at 2000 naira, and with a great reseller program is http://www.webhostnigeria.com, and the good thing is that it accepts e-gold as a payement means.

E-gold can be purchased through a company known as Goldkobo.com

I have met a lot of very brilliant webmasters, who have a lot of potential, but cannot exhibit their skills due to the high cost of web hosting. My advice to you is to browse the web and search for companies accepting e-gold and dont get carried away by people who keep mentioning reap off local companies.

I wish you all webmasters a truly prosperous newyear.

shehu
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2006
Posted by: ijebu
Insert Quote
Quote from: mikebuddy on January 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
@ ijebu 10x i wil try that is it one full year.?

Yes one full year for only N2,500 for .com, .net etc, but if you want www.mikebuddy.info it is only N2,000

Thats so gud.whats capacity?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2006
Posted by: ijebu  
Insert Quote
Quote from: mikebuddy on January 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
@ ijebu 10x i wil try that is it one full year.?

Yes one full year for only N2,500  for .com, .net etc, but  if you want  www.mikebuddy.info it is only N2,000  

Thats so gud.whats d capacity?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by shehu11(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2006
Hello guys, just check out webhostnigeria.com the have the cheapest hosting and reseller rates available, I have an account with them and they are great.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 9:29am On Jan 20, 2006
Posted by: shehu11
Insert Quote
Hello guys, just check out webhostnigeria.com the have the cheapest hosting and reseller rates available, I have an account with them and they are great.
State there amount men.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by lagoshost(m): 5:35am On Mar 17, 2006
Dear Friend,

www.lagoshost.com is now giving free domain names.

How to get this: Simply pick any of our hosting plans from 4k and that is all, you will get a free domain name forever.

Kindly visit us today to get this great offer.

Chibueze C. Okoji
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by lagoshost(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2006
As the name is http//www.lagoshost.com is also one of the webhost in Nigeria, just check the site. And they also offer free domain name, reseller and dedicated account.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ideal: 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2006
Cyberlinks is located in Jos the peace tincity of Nigeria and it offers affordable, reliable and efficient hosting to all. Check them out anytime you've got the opportunity to. www.cyberlinkhost.com
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by zyman2006(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2006
hi.
check out this nigeria web hosting company.

http://www.zywebhosting.com

They also offer directory listing at . . .

http://www.smallbusiness.zywebhosting.com

All the best.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by naomijt(f): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2007
I better join the party!

http://domainstandard.net offers domain names and hosting from N2,400 per annum. Above all, excellent customer service and support. Get The DomainStandard Advantage!

[edited]
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by bussby(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2007
Web Hosting companies in Nigeria ? Visit www.weblagos.com. They are ranked amongst the top hosting companies in nigeria.

Good luck! smiley
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by bussby(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2007
web hosting companies in nigeria ? Try www.weblagos.com . They are ranked amongst the top hosting companies in nigeria.
visit www.webhosting.info and search for top hosts in nigeria.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Afam(m): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2007
Re: Free domain names

People should not accept any offers for free domain names because they are usually tied to a package which you must be paying for otherwise you lose the domain names.

It is better to pay N1.00 for a domain name than to get a free one. With N1.00 there is a monetary commitment so the provider cannot withdraw or seize the domain name should you decide to move away from the provider for whatever reasons.

Many people have run into problems with this type of free offers and many more will still experience the same problem if they fail to think well before accepting them.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by naomijt(f): 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2007
I'm with Afam on the free domain thing. If you are going to get anything free, please it shouldnt be domain name abeg. Usually, there's a catch.

[quote="Shehu11"]but I have always thought the cost of hosting websites is way beyond our means. Browsing through the web, I have come to realise that our local host companies are more or less a rip off. I think we in Africa are at a serious disadvantage because we do not have as much credit facilities as most other people all over the world. So many of us do not have such facilities as visa cards, mastercards, etc, and this makes purchases online next to impossible.[/quote]

I read your post and I'm wondering if you are talking about this same Nigeria. Webhosts ripping off? Maybe 5 years ago when linkserve and hyperia held sway. for years, prices of hosting have been falling steadily in Nigeria, and is at an all-time low.

There are webhosts offering 100mb for N5,000 per annum if you look around you. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but permit me to say this: it won't be long before the bubble bursts if naija webhosts continue this stupid price war we see everywhere.

The average hosting fees available now are low - even too low to sustain most of those businesses over time. We may need to learn from the American dot com wahala. Before it is too late.

PS: If you want creit cards, go talk to your bank. At least Intercontinental and Zenith will give you one within 30 minutes of application. Then you can buy the type of cheap webhosting that you want from anywhere in the world. I'm tired of hearing all this nonsense. Abeg!
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by niyyie(m): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2007
Web4Africa offers world-class web hosting at affordable prices. Domain names start from free. Regular prices for .com/.net/.org from 1,300 naira/year, only.

Get 100MB annually for only 2,600 naira. Does it get better? No. See http://www.web4africa.com.ng for yourself.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by RuuDie(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2007
how can one physically reach the folks on NairaHost; or do people just put cheese in their account without seein anybody or gettin 1st hand info. of ur hosting service?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Neptune(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2007
www.webworksent.com is also a very cool web design and hosting company. check em out.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by RuuDie(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2007
does any of these fantastic web host organizations offer a windows server option/ASP with Ms-Access Database?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by abimco(m): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2007
RuuDie:

does any of these fantastic web host organizations offer a windows server option/ASP with Ms-Access Database?
Hello RuuDie
Abimco WebHost offers Wndows Server ASP.Net, MS Access, MySQL2005 etc, check details, http://abimco.com/windows.htm or http://abimco.net
All our plan comes with free domain name, which is yours forever, you can take you domain name to any other firm at any time, as we will give you full access to your domain management panel.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by 234biz: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2007
hey guys, try www.234biz.com

our solutions are great.
CHECK US OUT NOW! www.234biz.com
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Egavlas(m): 5:19pm On May 09, 2007
Try Dnet systems.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by etae(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2007
From experience the best in Nigeria is http://www.hitecpro.net/ Their uptime is 99.99% and they even challenge their customers to sue them for downtime, and they said you are free to sue them to court if your files are hacked and tampered with. You can see the assurance and durability. I am a witness to their reliability.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by dearstan(m): 12:54am On Sep 10, 2007
Ya'll should check out http://www.hostlagos.com .
You can pay for your hosting plan online or via bank transfer.

They offer robust service at modest prices.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by shylle(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, that's right.

So far, weblagos: http://www.weblagos.com is still the best.

I have 8 domains hosted on their servers and not once have they disappointed. They've also got excellent customer services.

Activation is also fast and easy. God, these guys have everything!

I always refer people who need hosting to them. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2007
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ayodele1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2007
Well seeing is believing have anyone ever tried Mobile Signature for Domain hosting and resellership programme, here we also offer partnership scheme. pls check www.mobilesignature.net and let our services and pricing advertise thierselves.Our customer service is uncomparable.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by emonkey(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2007
Our company is named www.websesame.com. We are a UK based hosting/development firm but for our services we give option of paying in Naira into our Nigeria account. No credit card problems.

We are not CHEAP because we have 99.99% uptime and we don't work with unreliable power supply (buy cheap get nothing ?) . However we are competitive and our motto is "UK based hosting at local prices " . In fact we have a lot of Nigerian clients hosting with us because o the unpredictability of local services. Anyone looking for top quality service can email us at mail@websesame.com or call our rep Tim at 08085007469
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by yinka007(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2007
Nigeria's top web hosting company http://www.spiralteck.com
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by agboifo(f): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2007
I'll arrange for you to have 10GB hosting space; unlimited Addon domains; unlimited Sub-domains; unlimited emails on Google Apps (but using your domain name), etc, for N15,000 a year.

First free month will be free to try it out. Pay only after first month.

It can't get better.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by fransois2(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2007
It gets better with web4africa
Web4Africa offers web hosting as well. Using Linux servers. Many free scripts available for instant installation on your websites: Shopping carts, blogs, wikis, forums, customer support, web hosting billing, and much more.
MYSQL database and so much I can't list here.

World-class hosting, affordable rates. Reliable servers. Great 24/7 customer support.

Whats more? Domain name registration is only $8.5!

You can't beat the reach!
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by stephenb4r: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2007
I came across this webhost company that is very cheap. They accept e-gold and naira too. Check them on www.stbcomputers.net.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by nd1: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2008
Hi All I found out a new Web Hosting Company In Nigeria that render a service Called Colocation hosting. This service is first of its kind in the Nigerian Web Hosting market . their site is www.utiware.net

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Order On Amazon.com From Nigeria / Jcow Pro8.2, Themes And Moduls / The Domainkingng Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.