Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension (11929 Views)

Non-Remittance Of Recovered Loot: Reps Threaten To Arrest EFCC Boss / Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn / Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Youngzedd(m): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2012
greall1: Dis woman is a thief

Must you comment

I don't understand the way some people reason, you must hear from the two side b4 taking any decision.

If you can't see what is happening in police force, you have ear that should do the job.

The police and rep are twice, there are too many ghost workers, house members have their own share that is why they are making the noise.

Let me tell you the fact, that person you called theif is someones husand, mum etc.

I will only admit that she is a theif if ur mum or any single being in ur family can achieve half of what that woman has.

Mallam.

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by CohenJane: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2012
meksroland: you're just crazy and ivalid. Naija money doesn't belong to those group of criminals in the house. Due process must be followed before any damn money will be released. They're only angry when money is involved, but won't be angry when lives and properties are destroyed. Boko boys don't know what to do sha

Prof Corruption: We have been inviting the Minister of Finance over the problems of police pension. She has been holding the police pension and several police pensioners have died due to non-payment despite the fact that the National Assembly appropriated money in the 2012 fiscal year.

is due process not part of going to NASS and explain why this money has not been released despite appropriation?

You see, some people just make comments be blinded by ethnic or religious affiliation. Thank you for your response to the second idiotic post above.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by FlamingGun: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2012
Are the Reps now the judiciary?

This is all about recuperating their source of income, having fed fat in the past from the pension funds and all the corruption. That source is now becoming dry - and whoever is standing in their way must be intimidated.

Shame to the House of Thieves!

pc
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2012
bknight:

This is not necessary undecided

greall1: Dis woman is a thief

If Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a thief as he commented, i repeat this guy comes from a family of thieves.

Dont you know she is someone's mother. How can he make such a comment and you are telling me this isnt necessary

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by PointB: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2012
Let's get a few things clear. Is it absolutely necessary for a House of Rep Committee to order around ministers who obviously have their jobs, and tight schedules to worry about? Is is not prudent to put a call through, or send an e-mail, internal memorandum, etc to her Ministry for whatever clarifications they need? Must they necessarily obstruct the wheel of progress every now and then simply because they want to feel powerful? Furthermore, since virtually everything revolves around Finance, how many more summons should the honorable minister of finance expect from the various House of Rep, and indeed Senate Committees? Are these multiple summons - especially of a Minister who doubles as co-coordinating minister not counter productive? Finally, does a Committee have the Power to issue arrest warrants? Are they not suppose to report back their finding or frustration to chamber that set them up? Is this not all grandstanding, and gross show of incompetence by the honorable members of the house of reps?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Ozonna(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2012
gboss4sure:

You are right but is a pity that some Nigerians have refused to see things from the right angle, they are easily deceived by those idiots in the house of rep

Nigerians know but on NL most of her harshest critics are paid agents of opposition parties.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by mkoabiola: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2012
I av knwn House of reprsenthieves to b toothless bulldogmds is not dier 1st threat.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Dee60: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2012
We do not need this house. They are idle and only waste the time of serious men.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by dontalk: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2012
Whether the house,that lacks morality, issues any warrant of arrest or not, that amounts to futility. Who will carry out the arrest? Is it not the Executive arm? And why are people so jealous of someone they feel is doing better than them irrespective of tribe? Has the woman narrated her own side of the story? Nigerians, remove sentiments and tribalism so that we can move forward!
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by shagaman: 9:22am On Nov 30, 2012
Whether the house,that lacks morality, issues any warrant of arrest or not, that amounts to futility. Who will carry out the arrest? Is it not the Executive arm? And why are people so jealous of someone they feel is doing better than them irrespective of tribe? Has the woman narrated her own side of the story? Nigerians, remove sentiments and tribalism so that we can move forward!

In as much as i respect that due process must be followed,it still does not explain why pension has not being paid to those who retired or died as at 2007,the backlog is there,this is part of the reason why people steal,because you would never get your pension on time.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by ztar(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2012
abegiii...they should do whats on their mind and stop making noise....
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by DANILSA(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2012
UNTILL SHE DISGRACE THEM AGAIN, THEN THEY CAN REST

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by urchnez(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Well for you is virtuous, the law sees it as a punishable crime. I believe she should be arrested and possibly jailed for incompetence and unwarranted disrespect for constituted authority.

In your words " unwarranted disrespect for constituted authority", over the years; how many have we seen? and how many have we arrested and jailed? Pls spare me the sermon!
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by unclenna(m): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2012
What do the REPs PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT MONEY AND FINANCE.......Madam do not mind them...follow due process and leave the seat with a clean record....thieves

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by mekaboy(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2012
WHEN EVER YOU BLOCK THE LOOT-WHOLE OF THESE POLITHIEFCIANS, THEY THREATEN THUNDER AND LIGHTENING, ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT SHE DOES NOT WANT THE PENSION SCAM WHERE INDIVIDUALS PACK BILLIONS OF NAIRA MEANT FOR PENSION IN THEIR ROOM TO REPEAT ITSELF ?
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by PointB: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2012
DANILSA: UNTILL SHE DISGRACE THEM AGAIN, THEN THEY CAN REST

lol. I guess they've missed her alluring and assuring presence. They need her to come and deliver speeches and lectures. E no easy oo.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by aglomar: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Lawless leaders
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by fluffybaby(f): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Do you have problem with English comprehension? "Well for you is virtuos" is easy enough to understand. Constitution is not a guide to our conduct. It's the highest law of the land. She should be punished appropriately for flouting the rules.

Like they punished IBB and other "bigger" boys who refused to face panel. Abeg my brother, what is happening in this Nigeria is beyound us. They know what games they are playing. If they are so interested in the well being of our pensioneers, they should sack themselves and hand themselves over to the police all of them. They are also stealing, doing fixes and repairs where nothing was spoilt. Deals and contracts worth billions flow around them. If you know how corrupt these people are eh, you will not even greet them(Except warming up to them when you need juicy contract or emmergency cash)
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by abuabdulhaqq(m): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2012
ecel: Another Farooqgate I think?
lolzz let wait and see
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Olaolufred(m): 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
The main thing that incapacitates our legislatures is "THEIR STOMACH".
However, while all they are legislating for within 300 days in a year is their Stomach (Or call it Tommy,Belle. They once in a while remember that one day, the future children will ask them what they did in their own time. 65 days of the year is enough for such.
They sold themselves out because they want to keep soul and body,but will later shout loud as if they still own what had already been sold.
The executive will never respect our legislatures if they can understand they are spending 25% of Nigeria's reccurent expenditure. 700 legislooters spending 25% of what 157 million people should have spent.
The executives know that they are actually representing their bellies. So they do not deserve any respect.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by maingwaest(f): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

We have only heard from the Rep member. Why not wait until we hear Iweala's version?
And when will that be,did u not hear she is refusing to appear d miniters? truth is she failed us cos lot of us expected so much from her. Whose side is she on for God sake. Mtewwwww.
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Austinobisnr(m): 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
i see, nw dat d big guns av nt bin paid d so kold reps r interested in pension matas, where were dey sins lower rankd retired officers were nt paid, and left 2wallow in penury. Oh i get it.... D nigerian factor rite- wu knws wu :-Xi see, nw dat d big guns av nt bin paid d so kold reps r interested in pension matas, where were dey sins lower rankd retired officers were nt paid, and left 2wallow in penury. Oh i get it.... D nigerian factor rite- wu knws wu
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by taharqa: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sunny_bobo: Hahaha! I so much love this woman with her reforms. The list of pensioners must be verified. It is common knowledge that up to 50% of the pensioners are ghost pensioners. This woman is doing wonders blocking a lit of loopholes and brainless Nigerians are calling for her sack. We all know how many billions is being saved from Police salary after the conclusion of biometric verification of policemen. Also, it is not by magic that the FIRS was able to generate 3.8 trillion naira in the 9 months ended September when their target for the whole year was 3.2 trillion naira. This woman has been blocking lots of loopholes and the thieves can't just stand her.
Now, may God bless you...was it not this same Police Pensions that dis same NOI under order by GEJ discoverd grand thift of billions perpetuatd by top officials of d Police Pension Office who bought choice real estate properties with the loot, amongst odas? These officials are currently in court and hv had those properties seizd by d court....NOI abeg continue with yr work jare, but just go and see dese Reps membas when you hv d time
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
We are "lookey eye"
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by PehaKaso: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2012
NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA {NOI} pls carry go, no shaking
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by gforce5: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Iweala made a mistake accepting the ministerial position, especially after her mistreatment by the OBJ administration. The thing with Nigerians is that they will say that people in the diaspora should come back to contribute and 'import' their skills but these same people dislike them due to their western orientation. Example: 'They don't know how to do things the Nigerian way'. 'They don't take or give bribes'. 'Do they know who I am?'You have to think like a Nigerian to survive Nigeria, otherwise you will be seen as a western tool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by norsike: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
My mother always ask me who is this woman called iweala
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by Classicalman(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=75461

IDIOTS!!!!!!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by LoveDecay(m): 1:09am On Dec 01, 2012
When the head is corrupt, the whole body will be corrupt.

If Ngo gas notgung to hide, why has she refused to appear?

Why is that the legislature are always branded thieves even when they make good decisions,

However, these are just assumptions, the only fact remains they are all corrupt.

Ngozi is corrupt, jona is corrupt, legislature is corrupt, you are corrupt and so am I.

Person we know go know and person wey no kno , im no go ever no
Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by julius2825(m): 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Am a child of a late police officer,since the year of 2010,till now,we should not be entitled to the benefit of our dad,much sufferings.can i still here someone praise ngozie okonjo wahala(kparaga).for holding peoples benefites for any reason,all i would say is that she should at least please help us release this money so that the christmas would be a nice one.concured?

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension by kodewrita(m): 6:01am On Dec 12, 2012
NOI's mom kidnapped..............hmmmmmmnnnnn............The witch screamed yesterday...........the child dies today...........interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara To Employ Ex-Bandits To Combat Killings And Kidnapping / 2023 Presidency: Arewa Youths Drum Support For Orji Uzor Kalu / Minimum Wage: Labour Slashes Demand To ₦‎500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.