Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Local Oven - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Local Oven (15088 Views)

Baking With Local Oven / Oven Dried Catfish For Sale. Fully Spiced With Medicinal Herbs / How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Oven by richmans(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Pals in the house pls apart from oyinbo oven and others which local oven can i use in baking i.e if i dont have money to buy oven
Re: Local Oven by yomibabe(f): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2012
If u can't afford an oven now. Just bake At home and make friends with a baker around u and rent dia oven. Take your mixed cake there and bake there den u can pay as low as 500 naira
Re: Local Oven by elelem(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
Get a pot and fill half of it with sand, cover it and allow it to heat on d stove for about 30 minutes , when d sand is hot put the pan with d cake inside d pot and cover it

1 Like

Re: Local Oven by richmans(m): 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thanks my man i am grateful bt can i use it for meat pie and susage roll as well
Re: Local Oven by ibizgirl(f): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2013
elelem: Get a pot and fill half of it with sand, cover it and allow it to heat on d stove for about 30 minutes , when d sand is hot put the pan with d cake inside d pot and cover it
I actually started my business this way until I got a locally fabricated oven just ensure your heat is moderate. You can do same for meat pie put a metal tray inside the pot and you are good to go.
Re: Local Oven by Meddler(f): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
Don't use sand, u won't want sand getting into ur baked goods. Take a bag of salt and line the bottom of a pot that covers well (this is important so u trap the heat inside the pot). Place stones in the pot after layering with salt so u can place your cake tin or whatever on top. Placing ur pan directly in the pot will cause it to burn. Before baking, heat for at least 30 mins. to get it well heated.

My mom has baked meat pie inside the local oven before and it came out nice. If your recipe calls for a bake time of 30 mins,u can add an additional 5 mins or remove 5 mins from your bake time. Just make sure u don't open it too early if u bake cake with it

I use it to bake cake and it comes out perfectly.

Here are some muffins I baked in the local oven. Came out fantastic. U will never know the difference.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? / What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? / Recipe For Ofada Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.