Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Christian Nations Rules The World. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Nations Rules The World. (2012 Views)

Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Who Really Rules The World? / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Nations Rules The World. by skyone(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
Another simple reason why God truly exist and Why Jesus will remain our saviour is the fact that those nations who has decided to follow Christ will always be highly defensive and continue to prosper i.e U.S.A, Great Britain, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Isreal, France, Australia etc. Therefore to those who are still not sure of thier faith i guess you follow the King of Kings and make heaven.

Please contribute politely and encourage those who can't find a good reference attatched to Jesus to start to follow Him. i[i].e Olabowale.[/i] smiley
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by jagunlabi(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2008
No,secularist states rule the world.Without these nations you mentioned creating secularist rules of law and kicking out religion from their political power centre,they would've been just as backward as the third world now.
SECULARISM made these nations what they are today.
Get your thinking right.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by DChair: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2008
some people will not be convinced until Jesus come. So you know that Olabowale of man. May God Help him
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by edatika(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
officially, is Isreal a Christian country?
do they believe in Jesus Christ?
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by DChair: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
jagunlabi:

No,secularist states rule the world.Without these nations you mentioned creating secularist rules of law and kicking out religion from their political power centre,they would've been just as backward as the third world now.
Get your thinking right.

Are you talking about a particular government of a country? These  nations based thier faith and religion on christianity and by following the will of God through Christ Jesus. I hope you dont have a problem with them.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by jagunlabi(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
Rubbish.These nations have populations that are largely christian in faith,but their influence worldwide is based exclusively on their secular style of gorverning.
And yeah,i was referring to the govt. of these nations,because a nation can only have outside influence through gorvernment bodies mostly.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the religion of their populace.
D-Chair:

Are you talking about a particular government of a country? These  nations based their faith and religion on christianity and by following the will of God through Christ Jesus. I hope you don't have a problem with them.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by skyone(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2008
jagunlabi:

Get your thinking right.

Check the history of these nations, and come back to me.
Secularist: ,can political correctness and civilization become a Nations Foundational belief? USA, Great Britain base their religious belief on Christianity and they are dictating your tomorrow any problem with that.

edatika:

officially, is Isreal a Christian country?
do they believe in Jesus Christ?

Thank God you said officially but biblically Israel is a God own Nation and that where Jesus Christ was Born.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by jagunlabi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
Na wa o!Ignorance is bliss.
skyone:

Check the history of these nations, and come back to me.
Secularist: ,can political correctness and civilization become a Nations Foundational belief? USA, Great Britain base their religious belief on Christianity and they are dictating your tomorrow any problem with that.

Thank God you said officially but biblically Israel is a God own Nation and that where Jesus Christ was Born.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by DChair: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
jagunlabi:

Rubbish.These nations have populations that are largely christian in faith,but their influence worldwide is based exclusively on their secular style of gorverning.
And yeah,i was referring to the govt. of these nations,because a nation can only have outside influence through gorvernment bodies mostly.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the religion of their populace.

Jagun, I'm glad you finally admitted that its the government of the people and not the native people themselves. Govt can be removed and manifesto can be amended but what that skyone guy meant is the fact that these nations base their religious belief on Christianity and that paved way for abundant blessing over them. very simple.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by jagunlabi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
Really?What about Japan?Not a christian nation and it is doing fine economically and technologically.
What about India and China?Christian countries?
These western countries do not owe their power to religion,but to science and technology allowed by secularist thinking.
D-Chair:

Jagun, I'm glad you finally admitted that its the government of the people and not the native people themselves. Govt can be removed and manifesto can be amended but what that skyone guy meant is the fact that these nations base their religious belief on Christianity and that paved way for abundant blessing over them. very simple.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by DChair: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
Oga Jagun,

Check out Skyone's post " Highly defensive and continue to prosper". You and i know that any shake up in US or Britain's economy the world is in trouble. I[i].e Credit Crunch in US worries Putin so much that he had to call up[/i] paliamentary meeting 3 times in week to prevent another similar COLD WAR. As a matter of fact the japanese are benefiting largelly from US and Britain's economy what about that.

India and the rest still 150 years behind these countries and will never meet up. Honestly the post is just a true fact.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2008
the US was founded by masonic deists and not christians. china,india, japan are not christian countries.

India and the rest still 150 years behind these countries and will never meet up. Honestly the post is just a true fact.

japan is the world's 2nd largest economy
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by skyone(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Bawomolo
Check this out http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-religion-map.htm always have your fact ready before you post.

Japan economy rest on Wall Street.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
lol, thomas jefferson and benjamin franklin were deists. that's a fact. they were more Freemason than Christian. what economy isn't connected to the stock exchange other than primitive ones. most Europeans are secular and hardly attend church services.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by DChair: 5:27pm On Feb 11, 2008
Simple post should be equal to Simple understanding; but na lie some people will just want to be heard on nairaland by muddling up a simple post and create confusion. Na wa o.

The poster claimed Christian nation rule the worl simple and clear. Now Mr Bawo we are discusing about a nation and thier religious belief not an individual or a goverment for goodness sake. For instance Nigeria is confused about thier religious belief that's we are going back and forth.

Do me a favour check out the statistics of what skyone posted of recent.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2008
secular nations are not theocratic nations. get that in ur nugget.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by skyone(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
bawomolo:

secular nations are not theocratic nations. get that in your nugget.

You made no sense whatsoever
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2008
Please,

Don't forget the Inquisition, Slavery, burning of Witches Europe and USA, burning of the Library in Alexandrian by a Christian mob, all the crimes of the various Popes. In all the rise of christianity was partly responsible for ushering in the Dark Ages in Europe.

Thank Goodness christianity and religiosity is in decline in western Europe.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by seeklove: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2008
US is not a Christan country. In America there is separation of state and religion! Any body can practice any religion in America as long as it doesn't interfare with peoples human rights.
This thread speaks of so much ignorance!
This same thing is applicable to Great Britain.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by 4Him(m): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2008
seeklove:

US is not a Christan country. In America there is separation of state and religion! Any body can practice any religion in America as long as it doesn't interfare with peoples human rights.
This thread speaks of so much ignorance!
This same thing is applicable to Great Britain.

the ignorance is truly yours. The USA was founded on the principles of christianity, its founding fathers were devout christians and we know from historical records that the vast majority of the founding documents were laced copiously with biblical quotes.

That the founding fathers were wise enough to make sure to separate state from religion does not mean religion played no part in the founding of the USA. Unlike the theocrats from Iran, they knew that even the God of the bible gave each and everyone of us the power of freewill.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
the ignorance is truly yours. The USA was founded on the principles of christianity, its founding fathers were devout christians

no they were deist. thomas jefferson and benjamin franklin were freemasons. Freemasons aren't christian. the deist God is different from the theist God. are u talking about Christian principles such as slavery and the extermination of native americans??

and we know from historical records that the vast majority of the founding documents were laced copiously with biblical quotes.

the biblical quotes are few and far between. have u heard of the thomas jefferson bible. i doubt u'd call it christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

That the founding fathers were wise enough to make sure to separate state from religion does not mean religion played no part in the founding of the USA

the founding of the USA was actually based on the settlers fleeing away from religious persecution in europe. religion had little to no place when it came to politics. separation of church from state was rigidly enforced.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2008
4HIM,

You are mistaken about USA being founded on Christian principles. The founding fathers were nothing like the ordinary christians. If anything, they were deists. Check them out

John Adam
Thomas Paine
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
George Washington

In fact it is clearly state in THE TREATY OF TRIPOLI that

""As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.""

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/buckner_tripoli.html
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
silence grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by 4Him(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ bawomolo and therationa the hypocrites:

The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity…I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and the attributes of God.”
[John Adams. June 28, 1813; Letter to Thomas Jefferson]

We recognize no Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!”
[April 18, 1775, on the eve of the Revolutionary War after a British major ordered John Adams, John Hancock, and those with them to disperse in “the name of George the Sovereign King of England." ]

“Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus.”[Thomas Jefferson letter to Benjamin Rush April 21, 1803]

“It [the Bible] is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." [Thomas Jefferson, Jan 9, 1816 Letter to Charles Thomson]

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” [James Madison, 1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia]

President George Washington, September 17th, 1796 "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"

Sorry bawomolo.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2008
thomas jefferson contradicted himself so many times. his edition of the proof was that he had no faith in the supernatural in accordance with deism.

here are some benjamin franklin quotes.

"The Infinite Father expects or requires no worship or praise from us."

"Some volumes against Deism fell into my hands. They were said to be the substance of sermons preached at Boyle's Lecture. It happened that they produced on me an effect precisely the reverse of what was intended by the writers; for the arguments of the Deists, which were cited in order to be refuted, appealed to me much more forcibly than the refutation itself. In a word, I soon became a thorough Deist" (Ibid, p. 66).

washington, franklin, paine, warren, and lafayetta and a host of others were mason deists. God was basically seen as a watchdog.

http://www.jstor.org/view/1526422x/di994699/99p0433k/0?frame=noframe&userID=83c1b9c1@uic.edu/01c0a84874005078cee&dpi=3&config=jstor
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by 4Him(m): 11:30pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ bawomolo the inconsistent hypocrite,

You said that Thomas Jefferson contradicted himself so many times and then produce a quote for benjamin Franklin . . . does that make sense to you? Where did i reference Benjamin Franklin or are you just grasping at straws like a drowning man?

I am tired of reading silly links from people desperate to bury the truth about America's christian foundations. Hypocrites and liars just like you whom you want to quote forgetting that the very statements of these men you call deists are fossilized in time for all to see.

Did you refute ANY of the sayings of these men who specifically referenced Jesus Christ and the bible?
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 11:52pm On Feb 11, 2008
4HIM,

Have you checked out the work of Thomas Paine, one of the leading founders of the US Constitution? Check out the "Age of Reason"
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2008
President John Quincy wrote of Jefferson in his diary (Jan 11 1831): " If not an absolute atheist, he had no belief inn a future existence. All his ideas of obligation or retribution were bounded by the present life"

Biographer of Jefferson, Fawn Brodie, concurs: "No other statesman of his time could match Jefferson in his hatred of the established faith , His distruct of clergymen as factionalist, schismatizers, and imprisoners of the human spirit continued to his death."

Today, Jefferson's immortal vow of "eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" is engraved upon jis memorial in Washington.

In a private letter to John Adams
The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being of his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fables of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter"

Letter to Horatio gates Spafford, march 17 1884
In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own."

letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, Feb 10 1814
Christianity neither, is nor ever was a part of common law.

Letter to Dr Wood
"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition[Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies"

Are these the sentiments of a man sympathetic to Christianity?
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by therationa(m): 12:36am On Feb 12, 2008
John Adams' (1735 - 1826) sentiments on religion and Christianity are recorded not least in his exchanges with Jefferson;

I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved - the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced.

Can a free government possibly exist with the Roman Catholic religion? - May 19 1821.

God is an essence that we know nothing of , Until this awful blasphemy[incarnation] is got rid of, there never will be any science in the world.

The question before the human race is whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priest and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles.- June 20 1815.

Are these the statements of a man advocating the marriage statehood/nationhood with christianity? Methink not. smiley
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by 4Him(m): 1:37am On Feb 12, 2008
therationa:

Are these the statements of a man advocating the marriage statehood/nationhood with christianity? Methink not. smiley

u're getting ur pants in a knot. No one told you that the founding fathers intended to set up the USA as a theocracy, we only said (as can be clearly proven) that they founded the US based on christian principles. The idea was to build a nation where every man . . . christian or not would be free and equal under the law.

Even Christ NEVER advocated a theocratic government . . . here him: John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It was repeated twice in one verse to underline its importance.
Re: Christian Nations Rules The World. by bawomolo(m): 4:11am On Feb 12, 2008
they founded the country with God in mind not with christianity in mind. this is a secular country and not a religious one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is On The Side Of Love? / How To Talk To A Religiious Fundamentalist / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.