Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Siena For Moderator! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena For Moderator! (1794 Views)

Toyota Siena Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / Siena: What's D Effect Of Parking A Car For Six Months? / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena For Moderator! by mexxy1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Dear Nairalanders/ Seun,
I humbly wish to request for the inclusion of Siena as a moderator in the 'Car Talk' section of this forum. I have observed his posts for a long time and, even before the Car Talk section was created, he has always fascinated me with his knowledge of the mechanics of the German Volkswagen and Audi brands.
I also would like to use this medium to commend the current moderator, Ikenna351 (the Peugeot man), Nissparts (Nissan) and luvinhubby (Honda). All of you guys are wonderful and it's because of you all I visit this section to learn. I only wish I could nominate you all (i.e Siena, Nissparts & luvinhubby) at once to join Ikenna351 who is doing a great job here.
Back to why I'm writing this, I humbly move the motion for the inclusion of Siena as a moderator in the Car Talk section. Comments in support or against this move are welcome. Thanks.
-mexxy1

3 Likes

Re: Siena For Moderator! by sholarb(m): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
Seconded!
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thirded! ! grin
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Ngutor(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
By default!
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Nwunuken(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
mexxy1: Dear Nairalanders/ Seun,
I humbly wish to request for the inclusion of Siena as a moderator in the 'Car Talk' section of this forum. I have observed his posts for a long time and, even before the Car Talk section was created, he has always fascinated me with his knowledge of the mechanics of the German Volkswagen and Audi brands.
I also would like to use this medium to commend the current moderator, Ikenna351 (the Peugeot man), Nissparts (Nissan) and luvinhubby (Honda). All of you guys are wonderful and it's because of you all I visit this section to learn. I only wish I could nominate you all (i.e Siena, Nissparts & luvinhubby) at once to join Ikenna351 who is doing a great job here.
Back to why I'm writing this, I humbly move the motion for the inclusion of Siena as a moderator in the Car Talk section. Comments in support or against this move are welcome. Thanks.
-mexxy1
seconded pls
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Kx: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
Fourted
If there is any word like that.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ikeyman00(m): 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
@@@@

i disagree

he shouldnt be a moderator

he was once a moderator

there is no point for makin another one

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by mexxy1(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ ikeyman, I never knew he was once a moderator.
But, I still support him to be made a moderator in the Car Talk section.
Thanks for having a contrary view. This makes it healthy.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by burningspear(m): 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Long overdue!

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by alkadriyar(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2012
@ seun an co dont pretend u didnt notice this guy all dis while o.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by femmy2010(m): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mr Sienna certainly brings loads of "to learn from" to the table and making him a Moderator is long overdue.
I am almost sure he was never once a moderator.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by temmydude: 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
Of course "Siena" is due for it. Long overdue as a matter of fact. That man is holding all the aces when it comes to his deep and dependably vast knowledge on the mechanics and technology ruling over automobiles of various models or brands.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ikeyman00(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
@@@@

i think he should stick to what he knows best

moderator is not one of them

sorry to say

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by femmy2010(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

i think he should stick to what he knows best

moderator is not one of them

sorry to say

He is certainly the moderator NL needs.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ikeyman00(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
@@@

well it wouldnt be in the interest of nl anyway cool

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2012
Woah! I've just seen this.

For those that would like me to be a Moderator, I'm touched. I really appreciate your confidence in me. But, if I were offered the position of a Moderator, I would decline. I've been there, I was the first male Moderator on Nairaland, nominated by my good friend Iice. Things didn't work out then, because I soon found it was a pretty thankless job (I use the term job lightly). So I quit.

A Moderator needs free reign, without having to consult the Admin at all times, and needs respect too. If a Moderator needs to ask an Admin before any decisions are made, then that Moderator post shouldn't exist. Moderation takes lots of free time, which I don't have lots of. I prefer being a regular contributor, able to help with technical issues, have a good-natured banter with other Nairalanders, not having to watch what I say, and generally not be able to have the fun I'm having right now.

So thanks guys, but no. I don't want to be a Moderator, I just want to chill out, and enjoy myself. Again, thanks for your valued support. smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siena For Moderator! by tampa1871: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
Siena: Woah! I've just seen this.

For those that would like me to be a Moderator, I'm touched. I really appreciate your confidence in me. But, if I were offered the position of a Moderator, I would decline. I've been there, I was the first male Moderator on Nairaland, nominated by my good friend Iice. Things didn't work out then, because I soon found it was a pretty thankless job (I use the term job lightly). So I quit.

A Moderator needs free reign, without having to consult the Admin at all times, and needs respect too. If a Moderator needs to ask an Admin before any decisions are made, then that Moderator post shouldn't exist. Moderation takes lots of free time, which I don't have lots of. I prefer being a regular contributor, able to help with technical issues, have a good-natured banter with other Nairalanders, not having to watch what I say, and generally not be able to have the fun I'm having right now.

So thanks guys, but no. I don't want to be a Moderator, I just want to chill out, and enjoy myself. Again, thanks for your valued support. smiley

Mr. Siena, I am saying this with confidence and admiration for you, your skills and your service to us. What you offer us here on Nairaland is invaluable and we do appreciate you for that. Your service to us is unqualified and incomparable. Please if by consensus you are anointed as the moderator, don't decline, even don't expect THANK YOU from anyone, I know by any singular service to others, ways would be openned unto you, and blessings will come your way. Once again, YOU ARE MY CANDIDATE FOR THIS POST.

FRONT PAGE PLEASE
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Seun(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Siena: Woah! I've just seen this.

It is true that there was a time when I was a bit aggressive towards some moderators. I did not have the ability to monitor moderators' actions or limit their powers, and so I felt the only way I could remain in charge was by force. I tried to control erring moderators by sending angry PMs, banning them, etc. However, as I've grown older, I think I've also grown a bit wiser. I have learned the importance of keeping a cool head, respecting moderators, and picking my battles wisely.

The issue I had with Sienna when he was a mod was that I felt he was trying to impose American rules on the forum. For example, he said auctions must be banned because in the US you can't auction cars unless you have a license, but I told him that Nairaland is a Nigerian Forum, and we don't have such laws in Nigeria. I also wanted him to use Nigerian terms and Nigerian prices in official threads. We didn't agree on those issues, so that's how it ended.

When we created this section, one of the first things I did was to contact Siena and ask him to please participate. I'm delighted that he agreed and has impressed everyone with his vast knowledge of automotive matters. Even if he doesn't want to moderate, I think his current contribution to the forum is as important as the work of a moderator, so we should just continue to appreciate him as we've been doing.

10 Likes

Re: Siena For Moderator! by mexxy1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
I am really impressed with the way every contributor has conducted himself despite our passion. It's really sad for me to see Siena decline, however, we are all entitled to make our own decisions.
Siena, if you eventually change your mind and heed the clarion call, we'll all be grateful. Also, note that your insightful contributions have not gone unnoticed as can be attested from those in favour of the proposal. Thank you for the selfless service.
Like I said in my original post, Ikenna351, Siena, Nissparts and Luvinhubby, your posts have always kept me wondering when I'll be like you guys and you all always sway me in your direction (esp. relative to your choice of cars).
Seun, I really appreciate you for coming out to also air your view. I'm humbled by your humility.
To all who share my passion, thank you for contributing in a healthy manner.
Once again THANK YOU ALL.
-mexxy1
N/B: Thread not closed

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by Arsenate(m): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2012
Siena has been doing a great great job in this section. I read almost all his posts and they are very educating; heck I'm turning into a "mini auto Guru" myself, lol.
Seriously, the guy is doing such a wonderful job; one of the great guys here on NL. I also have that feeling that he is a nice decent guy in real life.
Thumbs up man.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by BE811APP: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
Well, Since Seina, isn't coming up as a Moderator.....
Pls can a tread be. Made stricly 4 Seina
A tread like "Ask Seina". "Seina Answers" or "Seina at ur service"

Cuz most of d questions asked on every new tread...is Attention Seina, Seina pls answer.....Seina dis....Seina dat...

We shuld create a tread 4 seina...if u have any question....go der and ask...

#My2cents

3 Likes

Re: Siena For Moderator! by Seun(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
BE811APP: Well, Since Seina, isn't coming up as a Moderator.....
Pls can a tread be. Made stricly 4 Seina
A tread like "Ask Seina". "Seina Answers" or "Seina at ur service"

Cuz most of d questions asked on every new tread...is Attention Seina, Seina pls answer.....Seina dis....Seina dat...

We shuld create a tread 4 seina...if u have any question....go der and ask...

#My2cents

We have quite a few knowledgeable auto gurus on this forum, including Siena. When you designate a thread as "strictly for Siena", it is insulting to the other gurus. It's as if you are saying you don't value their opinion, and that's not nice. I think the Car Talk community should reject that sort of thing. If your question is strictly for Siena, then maybe you should send him a PM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siena For Moderator! by BE811APP: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
Seun:

We have quite a few knowledgeable auto gurus on this forum, including Siena. When you designate a thread as "strictly for Siena", it is insulting to the other gurus. It's as if you are saying you don't value their opinion, and that's not nice. I think the Car Talk community should reject that sort of thing. If your question is strictly for Siena, then maybe you should send him a PM.

Noted Boss!!!!!
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ataspray(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2016
Autos secton currently has no moderator. siena should moderate that section i think.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ogawisdom(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2016
Siena is needed more as a regular contributor and nt a moderator. Infact making him a moderator may nt b in d best interest of car talk.

Yes he has rich knowledge abt the working of automobile but he does nt need to be a moderator to make them felt.

There r a lot of car gurus here must we make them all moderators, y single out Siena self, gazzuzz is d most practical contributor n solution provider to car issues on car talk do we make him mod too cool

Contributors esp good ones r more impt than moderator s, they shld b celebrated as such.

1 Like

Re: Siena For Moderator! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2016
ataspray:
Autos secton currently has no moderator. siena should moderate that section i think.

ogawisdom:
Siena is needed more as a regular contributor and nt a moderator. Infact making him a moderator may nt b in d best interest of car talk.
Yes he has rich knowledge abt the working of automobile but he does nt need to be a moderator to make them felt.
There r a lot of car gurus here must we make them all moderators, y single out Siena self, gazzuzz is d most practical contributor n solution provider to car issues on car talk do we make him mod too cool
Contributors esp good ones r more impt than moderator s, they shld b celebrated as such.

did. Any of you bother to look at the date of the last post? 2012 is really far away.
Re: Siena For Moderator! by ogawisdom(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

did. Any of you bother to look at the date of the last post? 2012 is really far away.

ooops 4years thread didn't notice
Re: Siena For Moderator! by surrogatesng: 5:48pm On May 02, 2016
tenteth lol
Re: Siena For Moderator! by Nobody: 8:23am On May 03, 2016
He's made good contributions on this forum as far back as I can remember, infact he's made the best contributions in the Auto thread, better than any moderator on the auto thread..

(1) (Reply)

Please How Much Its Cost To Change To Toyota Corolla 2006 Shock Absorber / Man Made First Electric Tricycle That Use Only Electricity / Weekly Returns On 7 Seater Sienna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.