Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? (989 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes / What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by pastormustwacc: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
I am wondering if Jesus had existed in our times, would you think he would have bought a jet?
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by destinedtee(m): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2012
If it was necessary and he truly needed it,i guess he would...a woman once poured a very costly ointment on his feet and while people were complaining that it should have been sold and the money given to d poor,what was Jesus response?i guess u know.So pastormustwacc,u see there is nothing wrong or sinful in buying costly things IF they are truly necessary for the work of d kingdom to progress.Nevertheless,the poor must NOT be neglected as well.There should be a balance.Thanks
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Todaynatoday: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
jet? More like flying saucer.
Jesus never cared about material possession, His mind was set on fulfilling the purpose that God brought Him to earth for. So my answer is NO, He wouldn't have bought any jet. Anything that he would have required for travelling would have been provided.
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Todaynatoday: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
destinedtee: If it was necessary and he truly needed it,i guess he would
After collecting tithe from His disciples right?
...a woman once poured a very costly ointment on his feet and while people were complaining that it should have been sold and the money given to d poor,what was Jesus response?i guess u know
"People" did not complain, only Judas Iscariot complained(and that was because he was a lover of money himself)
.So pastormustwacc,u see there is nothing wrong or sinful in buying costly things IF they are truly necessary[/b] for the work of d kingdom to progress.
thank you for adding necessary. Buying of jet in this case is unnecessary.
Nevertheless,the poor must NOT be neglected as well.There should be a balance.Thanks
Why would they not be neglected when the money that should be used to cater for the needs of the poor has been used to acquire a jet.
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by destinedtee(m): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
jet? More like flying saucer.
Jesus never cared about material possession, His mind was set on fulfilling the purpose that God brought Him to earth for. So my answer is NO, He wouldn't have bought any jet. Anything that he would have required for travelling would have been provided.
I am not clamouring for material possession my dear brother.All i am saying is if it was needed,i guess he would buy.Its just a means to an end and not an end in itself.Anyway,i may be wrong.Perhaps Jesus could have done something different or have that need met in another way
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Todaynatoday: 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
destinedtee:
I am not clamouring for material possession my dear brother.All i am saying is if it was needed,i guess he would buy.Its just a means to an end and not an end in itself.Anyway,i may be wrong.Perhaps Jesus could have done something different or have that need met in another way
Jesus came to show us the way to the father not to live an extravagant life. He didn't just teach, He practised what He taught.
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by destinedtee(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
todaynatoday sir,what is ur yardstick for knowing if a jet is truly necessary or not in a ministry?All u did was conclude that it was not necessary.I think d reason for ur conclusion is because of d poor that r still present.Buying a jet IF necessary does not mean d poor should not be catered for.I am not sure if jesus was able to reach out to all the poor people in his time but one thing i am sure of is this-He fulfilled divine purpose and he used every necessary means to do that.
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Todaynatoday: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
destinedtee: todaynatoday sir,what is ur yardstick for knowing if a jet is truly necessary or not in a ministry?All u did was conclude that it was not necessary.I think d reason for ur conclusion is because of d poor that r still present.Buying a jet IF necessary does not mean d poor should not be catered for.I am not sure if jesus was able to reach out to all the poor people in his time but one thing i am sure of is this-He fulfilled divine purpose and he used every necessary means to do that.
(No call me sir, I still be small pikin oo). First off, what is the jet used for? 1. Travelling to other branches of the church for "programmes"
2. Just to show say we sef get jet or
3. To preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers. (not like you need a jet for that anyway)
I don't think it's no. 3 so it's totally unnecessary!
Now Jesus has wisdom and knows how to seperate the important things from the unimportant, I'm sure that if He wanted to travel in this present time, all airports would give Him free ticket and all embassies would give Him free visa. The Son of God 2 get mouth!

1 Like

Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by anukulapo: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
I believe he won't. He'll get from anyone that owns one when He has need for it..."Tell Him that the master has need for it" and they'll willingly give it to him.
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by destinedtee(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday:
(No call me sir, I still be small pikin oo). First off, what is the jet used for? 1. Travelling to other branches of the church for "programmes"
2. Just to show say we sef get jet or
3. To preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers. (not like you need a jet for that anyway)
I don't think it's no. 3 so it's totally unnecessary!
Now Jesus has wisdom and knows how to seperate the important things from the unimportant, I'm sure that if He wanted to travel in this present time, all airports would give Him free ticket and all embassies would give Him free visa. The Son of God 2 get mouth!
I agree with u to a large extent-let me say 75percent.I also appreciate d way we ve been able to reason together.Thanks
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Todaynatoday: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
destinedtee:
I agree with u to a large extent-let me say 75percent.I also appreciate d way we ve been able to reason together.Thanks
No problemo! Stay blessed!
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by mumumugu(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
JESUS WAS BORN IN A MANGER NT hospital

he waz visitd by shepherd not celebrity

his father was capenter nt governor

his desciple were fishermen nt politician

he orded d disciple to walk witout slipers.he didnt provide jet 4 them

he walkd on foot and rode a donkey. No jet , no chariot

he neva ask nor recivd money 4 miracle.

He sufferd

he forgav his enemy. No holyghost fire

no

2 Likes

Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by plappville(f): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
@OP, i dont think He would have because He said: John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

The NT teaches us that He had no fixed home since he traveled around preaching, teaching and healing.

"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." (Luke 9:58)

Todays Christ-likes have place to lay thier head, but this is not enough, they accumulates materials as if They are not willing to join thier
master in His Kingdom. King David said, All these are vanity and vexation of the heart.

Ecclesiastes 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 2:26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Ecclesiastes 2:17 So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

2 Likes

Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
mumumugu: JESUS WAS BORN IN A MANGER NT hospital

He sufferd

no

Good points bro!

^^^And the donkey He rode on wasn't even His (Mark 11:1-11)!

1 Like

Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by plappville(f): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
mumumugu: JESUS WAS BORN IN A MANGER NT hospital

He sufferd

no

Nice one, Let me add this: Jesus didn't need Bodyguards, physical security. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: I am wondering if Jesus had existed in our times, would you think he would have bought a jet?
funny kwesun
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by pastormustwacc: 12:44am On Dec 01, 2012
mumumugu:
Ha! All my enemies shall be consumed by Holyghost fire today. Wait o, when the disciples wanted to call down fire from heaven, Jesus rebuked them.

Luke 9:54
When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?"
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by mumumugu(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2012
plappville:

Nice one, Let me add this: Jesus didn't need Bodyguards, physical security. grin grin
.dont mind them
Re: Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? by pastormustwacc: 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
This is interesting really.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops / Understanding The Illuminati Agenda / CONCLAVE: How A New Pope Is Elected!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.