Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Will This Country Ever Change for the better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will This Country Ever Change for the better? (751 Views)

Will Buhari Ever Change? / Will Nigeria Ever Change For Good? / Will The Nigerian Polity Ever Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sometimes i ask myself this question because each time i think of the mess we have gotten ourselves in, my heart sinks! As an economist, i know that NO country on earth develops without a sound Macroeconomic framework i.e. Good infrastructure, right blend of fiscal and monetary policies and a vibrant commercial policy e.t.c.! Nigeria has none of this, and has no plan to develop one yet! Even if this framework is there, there development mindset of most Nigerians is abyssmally low! As a Nigerian youth, i can authoritatively tell you that the attitude to work among many of us is almost non existent . And i wonder how the blend of this two unfortunate realities will lead to development in this country! But things could still change! Nothing is impossible! I've stated my views, now over to you, do you think that Nigeria can still change for the better? P.S. No vex say na travel section i put this line topic, i notice say this section get traffic well well and i wan make my article reach wide audience!.
Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by ihedioramma: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
YES LET THE CHANGE START FROM YOU, try and keep the laws nigeria have that is it.

1 Like

Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by mensdept: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
ihedioramma: YES LET THE CHANGE START FROM YOU, try and keep the laws nigeria have that is it.

Which kind laws? To marry small pikin or sharia?
Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by CyberG: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
Some people are developing their state and regions, some people are still crying "will this country change for the better"?? Stay there, okay? When you change your state and elect better leaders not like the PDP and APGA Adaobi, you will begin to know that change is not one massive wind that will blow "better" into Nigeria but "small, small", planned and well though out efforts applied within each state will eventually make a "better country". E.g. when all state governors are doing virtually better than a clueless president, it is almost certain that the next presidential election will only throw up better presidents who know that in order to sustain the improving country, he needs to free the state a little bit more, give them more latitude to make decisions and develop their states until they can almost individually export agricultural produce, manpower, electronics, services, while they earn significant revenue and taxes.

1 Like

Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by ihedioramma: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2013
yes we wellcome apc with imo state governor now and edo state governor they will do that.
Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by Deprofessional(m): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ugosample: Sometimes i ask myself this question because each time i think of the mess we have gotten ourselves in, my heart sinks! As an economist, i know that NO country on earth develops without a sound Macroeconomic framework i.e. Good infrastructure, right blend of fiscal and monetary policies and a vibrant commercial policy e.t.c.! Nigeria has none of this, and has no plan to develop one yet! Even if this framework is there, there development mindset of most Nigerians is abyssmally low! As a Nigerian youth, i can authoritatively tell you that the attitude to work among many of us is almost non existent . And i wonder how the blend of this two unfortunate realities will lead to development in this country! But things could still change! Nothing is impossible! I've stated my views, now over to you, do you think that Nigeria can still change for the better? P.S. No vex say na travel section i put this line topic, i notice say this section get traffic well well and i wan make my article reach wide audience!.

The moment fiscal Federalism comes into play, everything will be in place bro.

The North is the region holding back this country's development. Without Fiscal Federalism, development will only be in our dreams.
Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by okeke2: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
Meet Goodluck Johnatan, as a former senate member he voted to close down all federal universities and give all the money saved directly to the theives in the house of rep, and as president supported to reduce the marrying age to 13.
FACT: Johnatan used half of the national tax for a villa in Brazil and to special trained english tutors for the first lady ( like that helped ). Should we even start with NEPA. Goodluck Johnatan wants to be your president in 2015 again, but he hates our safety so much he wants to make peace with infamous terrorist group Boko Haram leaving your families and loved ones vunerable to terrorist attacks. Johnatan has lost in direction more than once and has disappointed his wife much in the same way he'll disappoint you, and he definetly has hair problems
CALL GOODLUCK JOHNATAN: Tell him that ridiculous hat isn't fooling anyone, SHORT ASSED BALD BASTARD!!! ITS JUST LIKE YOUR POLICIES THIN ON TOP AND SHORT ON IDEAS
My fellow Nigerians do the right thing DO NOT VOTE FOR JOHNATAN!!!!
We made a mistake once lets not do it agin.....
Foward to every Group/Wall/Thread/TL etc.....
Re: Will This Country Ever Change for the better? by Ugosample(m): 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
For Nigeria to change, we need to change our ATTITUDE.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Under Fire From Social Media Activitists Over Failed Promise. / Newspaper Headlines Today / Ghana’s President Visits Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.