Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? (11711 Views)

What Happens when you Get Married After Several Years Of Abstinence **pics** / How Many University Couples Got Married After Their B.sc Degree? / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hi everyone,

I need your advice about my wedding Plan...

My QUESTION is: CAN I STILL GET MARRIED AFTER 4 CHILDREN? lol

Although i've done only an Introduction before i left Nigeria almost 5 years ago when i was pregnant during my first child

But now, i'm planning to get married because i'm sick & scared of seeing my friends in Nigeria getting married legally every blessed day, and their wedding pictures alone on facebook is like an injection or a message to me to go and do mine. I dey fear ooooo... Not even the way my siblings telling my sweetheart jokingly whenever he's chatting with my siblings and calling me as ''My wife'', my siblings always reply him with- ''point of corrcetion our sister is not yet your legal wife fully'' grin

My siblings do not even consider that i and my hubby have been together for years right from the same primary school, secondary school, Same camp, Same IT, etc..

But the point is : CAN I STILL GET MARRIED AFTER 4 CHILDREN? lol

My first child is a Boy and he's heading to 4 years old
My second child is a Girl and she's heading to 3 years old
My Twin Boys are heading to a year old
We're not having any children anymore as per our plan is the 4 children and we've got them with Lord on our side

We are now planning to go home in Nigeria purposely for the Traditional wedding & for my 4 Children to experience Nigeria aswell..
But i'm scared and some kind shy because i think all eyes would be on us for the fact that we're now getting married after 4 children out of wed...

What do you think? I need your good advice, encouragement, suggestions and any good contribution to build my confidence for my plan.

All insults are also welcomed smiley

God bless..

PLEASE NOTE: We have decided to go and get married in Nigeria as far back. The shy issue is just a plus for me for a speed up wink

Thanks for your understanding..
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by k2039: 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
When I saw the heading I wanted to lash out at you,but on realising you had your four kids for your husband I refrained.

Yes,you can get married,I dont think it's necessary but if you want to,you can have it.

Afterall some few months ago I watched on TV where a catholic church did mass wedding for some of it members who didnt get married through the church so that they could have religious rites to certain stuffs(like Eucharist etc)

So yes,you can have your wedding.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dear,he is not ur hubby. In the eyes of God and moral men,you are both partners cohabiting and not couples living together. So,do the right thing.Don't be ashamed of what has already been done. The only way you can make amends is to formally get married,in church or in court.Either way,you would find peace and your families/friends will look on with the respect that u deserve

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Brisingr(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
simple solution
leave facebook grin

8 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Demo1999(f): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
Yes, u can. It is a thing of the mind. Pls ignore all talk and follow your heart desire. God bless u and ur family. But ensure you pray over it before proceeding on your wedding plan.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by RudySmith(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ur reasons 4 wanting 2 get married r wrong on so many levels. If ur *husband* hasn't maried u 4 all these yrs, do u really think he will bcuz of ur FB jealousy issues?
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by dammytosh: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2012
RudySmith: Ur reasons 4 wanting 2 get married r wrong on so many levels. If ur *husband* hasn't maried u 4 all these yrs, do u really think he will bcuz of ur FB jealousy issues?

Brisingr: simple solution
leave facebook grin

Classic. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by fittty(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by femmy2010(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
You certainly can and you certainly should.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by proudly9ja(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
Asides the introduction, have you done anything at all to legalise your marriage? If not, then I'll encourage you to go through the wedding process. It doesn't have to be anything big (so don't worry about being ashamed). You, your husband to be, your parents and his parents and siblings should be enough.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
I dunno, are u coming home for traditional marriage? All the while you guys have been together abroad you haven't done at least court or church wedding? If you've no big deal smiley
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by manny4life(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sister, you're doing the right thing, this is not something you should be ashamed nor be shy about. Everyone's circumstance are not the same, therefore, fulfill the joy and happiness God has planned for you. In as long as your family support you and are solidly behind you, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by jhydebaba(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
The topic is misleading, I have sharpened my e-tongue in order to finish u.
After reading, I found out u actually want to marry ur boyfriend. Go ahead sis, there is no stopping u.
Those clamouring for ur wedding only want to eat rice n drink awoof grin
God has bless ur union already, so doing it is a matter of choice to me.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by ChrisGnarly: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
is possible, i ve seen it hapen. just remove shy ok. when one wakes up is his morning, ya
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by SwagofAfrica(f): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
Get married joor! And Post the wedding pictures on facebook so somebody else can also feel the pain of wanting to get married lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Get married after 4 children in which country , Nigeria ?

When pretty ladies with fresh pu...ssi...es full everywhere.

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Omo wettin you say say say say? *in mayd's voice* wasting of liquid capital, make you go chop d money with ur family jor.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by dangerzone: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dont let facebook control your life madam,everything comes natural so wait patiently until the right time comes,and if you want to rush into something because of other people then you are just living your life on people. HEAD DEY DIFFERENT FROM HEAD OOO
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by otokx(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
black man will always be black man even if he stays 3 million years in a strange land.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by juleze(f): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2012
My dad gave[color=#990000][/color] out his younger sister in their church, after 4 children (the first should have been close to 30 or more than), so I guess you're in order.
Just ensure you tie up loose ends
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
Madam, u sef. U are already making wedding plans and u came here to ask us if u can marry, ok if we say u don't marry will u cancel ur wedding plans.
Congrats on ur wedding, we know u are excited and just can't help but broadcast it.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by buskeske: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
My sister, pls go ahead there is nothing to
Be ashamed of o! God bless you and ur family.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by mangbede: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
u n ur parent should take d blame....how can u cohabitate wit som1 for yrs n bear kids all because u wanna go abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by acidtalk: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Don't think this calls for worry.
You should have only been worried if he isn't making any move to formalize the union by accepting to go and do the proper things..

But how come you keep producing babies for him without getting married to him? God forbid if he had died earlier than now, trust me you would have hated life and have an ever lasting regret. Because his people won't recognize you and your children.

Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!! Make una dey try use your brain. It isn't in that skull for mere decoration.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
OP, I thought you said you are still young and in school...blah blah blah
https://www.nairaland.com/1098345/really-needs-advice-pls

Anyway, it's your life

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by iry5648: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
My parents got married after they had all the five of us by then the last child was 6 years old and I was 14 years believe me you need to be ashamed of it. Its all about you and your partner so its a yes for me. You need to legalize your union before God so do go ahead and don't care about other people's opinion provided its what will make you happy.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by boban007: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
why not,my friend got married to his wife after 4 kids last year.they had thier intro about 8yrs ago and the wife left for dublin.hubby joined her 4yrs ago.they wanted to have the wedding in nigeria,but due to cost of travelling down and all other expenses,they decided to have it in dublin.i bet u it was in grand style.they hire a stretch hummer and it was all over facebook.though in thier 40's u will never know for the wife who's on d big side,but she still carried herself well.while the kids were the ring bearer.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by ochallo: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
go and marry, don;t let the enenmy take advantage of a little loophole in your marriage foundation. Marriage is about going to church and letting the pastor join you together, it doesn't have to be loud, moreover there was one rich man, that got married in the UK several years back with his kids as little groom and bride and lavished all the money he has on the wedding, so there is no big deal. you dont have to come to Nigeria to get married, go to the church you attend , talk to the pastor , they would join you over dinner and give you a marriage certificate. or if you are in the US, travel to las vegas and find a wedding chapel , you would be married in 30 mins, with a marriage certificate.

And tell your children their real ages and stop letting them head to another age. Because they can as well be heading to age 20 lol.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by david52: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
Anythin is possible o
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by dotcomnamename: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
mangbede: u n ur parent should take d blame....how can u cohabitate wit som1 for yrs n bear kids all because u wanna go abroad?

grin
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by zeefa: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
My uncle got married about 8yrs ago after 5 grown up kids he had from a separate woman. In fact, his last born was about 12 year old as at the time of his wedding. Although, he never had any formal engagement with the woman who gave him those kids. To cut the story short, he is now a happy old man fulfilling his long dream of getting married to his 2nd half @ 52.
However, if u wish 2 get married, you are free but let it be on a good reason and that cld be commendable not just cos you see your friends wedding pictures on FB and u admire them, my dear u can never tell what they are going through under the roof after wedding. Since you are happy with your husband n kids. I will just advice you just have a small court wedding and post the pictures too instead of broadcasting yourself. Remember naija NRC.....u can neva tell you is who before u get yourself into trouble. So be wise and do it with care if atall u have made up your mind to do as your friends on FB. Wishing you the best.
Re: Can I Still Get Married After 4 Children? by dotcomnamename: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
ochallo: go and marry, don;t let the enenmy take advantage of a little loophole in your marriage foundation. Marriage is about going to church and letting the pastor join you together, it doesn't have to be loud, moreover there was one rich man, that got married in the UK several years back with his kids as little groom and bride and lavished all the money he has on the wedding, so there is no big deal. you dont have to come to Nigeria to get married, go to the church you attend , talk to the pastor , they would join you over dinner and give you a marriage certificate. or if you are in the US, travel to las vegas and find a wedding chapel , you would be married in 30 mins, with a marriage certificate.

And tell your children their real ages and stop letting them head to another age. Because they can as well be heading to age 20 lol.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Chima Slapped Me! / Can You Introduce Her As Your Girlfriend?(pics) / I Am Too Hot & Sexy : Slay Queen Puts Her Massive Chest On Display (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.