Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) (2020 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1106220/confessions-abdulsleek-lessons-learnt

Confessions of Abdulsleek and Lessons learnt............

Confessions of Abdulsleek the sleeky undercover muslim
Have you ever sat down in freshly ironed pants on a bright sunny day, thinking to yourself; "I am so awesome"? Well, that was how I felt after my first few postings as a "muslim" called "Abdulsleek". I was a bit angry at the unfair 3 month ban I received from Maclatunji. I believe that i wouldnt have been banned if I were a muslim asking the same questions about islam and therefore, I came up with a plan to ask difficult questions. Thus, the muslim, "Abdulsleek" was born. I managed to convince NL muslims that I was a muslim. cool

Abdulsleek was modelled after my muslim friend who works in the financial world in London. The character that I made was a typical Westernized muslim who is trying to reconcile his highly-educated capitalist lifestyle with islamic principles. Abdulsleek is also a muslim that is very much friendly with many non-muslims from various backgrounds. I chose the name "Abdulsleek" because my favourite muslim friend/name is Abdul and what I was doing was "sleeky".

I learnt a lot of things while being Abdulsleek and I am going to share them. I would have done this thread earlier if not for my ban.
Here are Abdulsleek's threads;
https://www.nairaland.com/1058235/having-troubles-faith-islam-please
https://www.nairaland.com/1061098/non-muslims-vs-muslims-debate-work

Lessons Learnt from Abdusleek

1) Muslims love a honest and aspiring muslim; I started posting on the Islam section as a "honest but confused" muslim who was struggling with his faith but wants to progress. I came in with all the warm greetings; "salam alaikum" "subanallah" etc and explained my problems- the non-muslim infidels at work were harsh to muslims and there was a problem of riba at work.

I could not imagine all the love I got from muslims here. They came with consolations, comfort and advice; "dont mind the western infidels at work", "Allah will guide you through these rough times" etc.

It was comforting in a way to see how muslims comfort each other ad try to strengthen each others' faith.

2) Muslim brotherhood has nothing for non-muslims;
No, its not what you think! I am not talking about the muslim brotherhood in Egypt grin I am referring to the point I raised above. There is a brotherhood among muslims which is very heartwarming. Muslims from all backgrounds have some kind of unity.

However, such brotherhood doesnt extend to non-muslims as I learnt from the leeway given to Abdulsleek. I asked basically the same difficult questions about riba interreligious marriages and blasphemy but I was answered with respect as a muslim. However, as an atheist, I was dismissed as a hater and an islamophobe. Shouldnt all humans be treated equally? It seems people like a comfortable illusion. Abdulsleek is an illusion. Logicboy is the real thing wink cool

3) Islam is strict with rules, therefore, many Nairaland muslims are predictable;
This was how I was able to convince maclatunji, LagosShia, Sweetnecta, Vedacool and co that I was a muslim. All I had to do was say "salaam" and start reciting the Islamic mantra;

Islamic mantra of the modern day
-Westerners (non muslim) dont understand islam
-The non-muslims in the west are oppressors (oppresors in my place of work)
-Capitalist western comapanies invest and engage in riba etc
-Westerners (non-muslims) want to have premarital sex with women, even muslim women who are not allowed
-The westerners dont understand the limits of freedom of speech and blaspheme against the prophet etc

I have to say that I am not a westerner and I do not support some of their policies but I used the animosity towards the west to cover my tracks. The rules or laws in Islam that I understood perfectly were Riba, pre-marital sex prohibition and the islamic "attitude" to blasphemy.

4) Some muslims are just imam or cleric followers on advice;
I knew that Riba was a difficult subject because it deals with finance and also, many islamic countries engage in it. Two muslims fell into the trap. They were giving advice on riba by copying and pasting and repeating things they learnt from fatwas. I clearly have a finance background and soI could argue robustly on the issue of riba. Clearly some of these muslims were giving me advice on things that I even could express better than them.

It doesnt stop at Riba. I was expecting logical arguments for some islamic positions and fatwas but some could only just say that it was the will of Allah.

5)Dawah and non-muslim thinking is a problem;
I can carry the Quran and act like a muslim but many NL muslims can not even fathom how an atheist or evn christian thinks. I learnt this when I was asking on advice to deal with non-muslims in my workplace. Some of the advice I got showed that such muslims could not even see the problem from the unbeliever's point of view. I will explain with the issue of an atheist/christian man marrying a muslim woman.

Clearly, the Western atheist/ cultural christian is secular and believes that love and compatibility matters most in a relationship. Therefore if a Hindu or muslim girl is compatible with him, marriage is ok. The western man also believes that all people are equal and so all women are available.

The proble is that some muslims just think that they can just say that it is Allah's will that they (the western man) can not marry muslim women to his face. It doesnt work like that. You have to give very very deep logical explanations before he can accept- other than that you're a bigot to him.

6) Tbaba has Islamic Swagg cool;
I have come to respect Tbaba on this islamic section more than any muslim. He was the only one that could defend his advice and positions clearly. There are some disagreements that I have with him but I can put that aside because he clearly comes accross as an intelligent and respectful guy.

However, as logicboy, Tbaba is too respectful for my liking. Tbaba will debate with you but if you mock islam, he will call it quits. How does he expect a kaffir atheist like me not to mock islam? I dont accept the religion and so, how can I take it seriously? Even the Quran describes kaffirs like me as mockers;

So they have indeed denied (the truth - this Quran), then the news of what they mocked at, will come to them (26;6)

7) A leopard cant change its spots and Logicboy cant change his kaffir ways;
As time passed, people were confused at some of my utterings as a ~"muslim". I was saying things that a devout muslim shouldnt say. I could only go undercover for so long. However, I still kept it together. When people were reacting to my posts negatively, I would quote some verses in the Quran, to show off my islamic knowledge to remove doubt. grin

However, I was exposed by that annoying woman called Tpia! angry angry angry She has always hated me as logicboy and as someone that was not held back by islam to suspect a muslim brother, she accused me of being a fake muslim.

It all came crashing down after that. People started suspecting me. It was over. They started comparing my posts to that of an unbeliever and logicboy. I denied and denied. Then I had to run away in shame embarassed embarassed

All in all, it was a great experience grin grin

[size=14pt]
NB; Special pleading to Maclatunji- I know that I have done something dubious by acting as Abdulsleek but everyone seemed to enjoy those threads by Abdulsleek . You have every right to ban me and even ban this thread but find it in your heart and use your convictions to see that I meant no harm, its just the way I am- an adventurous young man that likes to think outside the box. People understand me in the other religion section. I might attack religions at times, but I am just a honest guy who likes crazy fun. If you're a muslim that likes this thread and Abdulsleek's adventures, please comment. This could be a fun activity and learning experience[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2012
Hahahahahaha. Logicboy the undercover. I enjoyed reading this.

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by ebamma3: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2012
Joblessness is a disease only a vacancy can cure, i almost forgot to tell you that Dangote is still recruiting graduate drivers

2 Likes

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: Joblessness is a disease only a vacancy can cure, i almost forgot to tell you that Dangote is still recruiting graduate drivers
what is the matter?
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2012
So many undercovers on nairalandgrin I'm suspecting some Christians to be fake too.grin

But this logicboy, you are a crazy guy oh!! cheesygrin don't try this in real-life brah! Explosions go deycheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2012
seriallink: So many undercovers on nairalandgrin I'm suspecting some Christians to be fake too.grin

But this logicboy, you are a crazy guy oh!! cheesygrin don't try this in real-life brah! Explosions go deycheesy grin grin grin
Which ones? tongue

Reyginus: what is the matter?
Lolz.. abeg help me ask am..

@LB: What can I say? U don crase finish.. U make this section interesting.. tongue
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2012
hahahahaha you should seriously write a book - the adventures of abdulseek! grin

3 Likes

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2012
Hahhahahaa.. just went through one of the threads... you 4ker, you're really a character..
Epic opening..

Salaam brothers and sisters,

I am not in a good place right now and I am having troubles with my faith. My name is Abdul and I am based in the UK. My problem with the faith started at work and it is really affecting me. I work in a multi-national firm with lots of employees from different religious backgrounds. Muslims are the minority there and I feel discriminated against but sometimes I feel guilty for the discrimination.

Mclatunji the mod-erer got owned..

maclatunji: ^Salam Alaykum my brother, wow! I think I can identify with some of your dilemma.However, you need to understand stand Islamic injunctions are independent of people, even Muslims. So, whether some Muslims practise them (properly) or not, those issues remain valid. As for interest, it's quite possible that those Muslim countries have little or no choice because they won't be able to carry-out international trade without those interest bearing instruments. Another thing that has happened over the years is that western banks were using interest abandoned by Muslim governments to support causes, organizations, institutions and governments that were practically against Islam and Muslims. I have it on reasonable authority that this facilitated a review of many Muslims on the matter.
Please know that most rules in Islam are not absolute and certain condition may alter their implementation. I am a little bit busy but just wanted to respond to you.
He was probably busy handing out bans and hiding posts... rofl..

7 Likes

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by saintvc(m): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2012
Islam section is no go area for me. U did a nice job.ure truly a spy who know d enemy better. If u try dis real life, ......u fit die
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by CrazyMan(m): 9:07am On Dec 02, 2012
We should just be grateful to God that Nairaland is a faceless forum, otherwise most people including you would have been history a long time ago.

I enjoyed reading the thread though...nice under cover work.
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2012
hahahahahhaahahahahahahah!!!!! i died after seeing this! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Dec 02, 2012
abdulsleek has been banned till december 1 2099 by macsomething
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by advocate666: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2012
made my day logicboy. grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 02, 2012
Reyginus: Hahahahahaha. Logicboy the undercover. I enjoyed reading this.

Cheers bro!

I do it for teh lolz
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2012
seriallink: So many undercovers on nairalandgrin I'm suspecting some Christians to be fake too.grin

Cheers bro!

But I wont try it real life! I dont want to be boko haramed into pieces! shocked

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2012
Logicboy03:

Cheers bro!

I do it for teh lolz
Chai! Thinking loud*who knows how many undercover agents he has recruited*

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2012
musKeeto: Hahhahahaa.. just went through one of the threads... you 4ker, you're really a character..
Epic opening..

Mclatunji the mod-erer got owned..

He was probably busy handing out bans and hiding posts... rofl..

It was worse than that- I exposed maclatunji as an ignoramus on his own religion. The guy was clueless on finance and he was trying to give islamic advice on Riba (interest).

https://www.nairaland.com/1061098/non-muslims-vs-muslims-debate-work/1#12379481
Maclatunji
You have a very narrow mindset indeed. Sorry if I have offended your sensibilities but by my training, I am a Marketer, Accountant, Economists, Management theorist and more all rolled-up into one package. You do learn about Product Life Cycle in Economics because it's a key part of decision-making at Microeconomics level. I agree it's a concept owned by Marketing but there are many concepts like that that pervade Management and Social Sciences.

There's nothing "inevitable" about the boom-burst cycle you're defending. Indeed, by following the teachings of Islam in Economics. A near-perfect system can be obtained. I say near-perfect because human beings will always make mistakes in any activity they engage in.

Abdulsleek
My muslim bros, you are the one sounding hurt. I actually like you because you seem like a straightforward guy. However, you are naive. Seriously, what you are claiming to be is quite impossible except you have 3 separate degrees and possibly, a professional qualification in accounting. You dont have to lie just to be on par with my intelligence/qualifications. .
You would fail at an interview by claiming such because you'd only sound like a fraudster (who the heck can claim to be an economist, accountant, management theorist and a marketer?). Mind you, I have a general knowledge of each category of business but I dont claim to be what I am not.

Concerning a near perfect system with islam, let us be practical. You failed to show me a muslim majority country that doesnt engage in riba.

Tell me, can you grow an economy from reading the Quran and hadith? The very idea and fundamentals of economics, marketing and management that we are discussing. came from the minds of western thinkers (and Japanese, especially for management/operations management).

For you to even believe that you can avoid a boom and bust cycle in an economy with islam, you must be quite a fanatical muslim. It is impossible to avoid a recession or slowdown in economic activities. Economic growth is quite paradoxical, an economy grows to a certain point only to fall on itself due to being unable to meet the demands of such growth

1 Like

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2012
Reyginus: Chai! Thinking loud*who knows how many undercover agents he has recruited*

Why would I need to do that?
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2012
CrazyMan: We should just be grateful to God that Nairaland is a faceless forum, otherwise most people including you would have been history a long time ago.

I enjoyed reading the thread though...nice under cover work.

grin grin grin

Cheers bro!
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why would I need to do that?
Huh? Hahahahaha. Let's start with our friend Abdulsleek.
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 02, 2012
Reyginus: Huh? Hahahahaha. Let's start with our friend Abdulsleek.

People only go undercover into a closed circle.

Christianity is an open book. The islam section on the other hand, is prison run by a dictator

4 Likes

Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2012
Logicboy03: The islam section on the other hand, is prison run by a dictator

I concur.
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Dipwater(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2012
Logic how far nau

Pls don't try it in real life.I was born and bred up in lag with too many muslims aroun our neighbourhood I know what this fuc/kkers can do

Maclatunji is a clown. U have xposed him with ur undercover sh/it.
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Bella3(f): 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
hahahahaha.. grin*laugh no go kill me* i plan on doin something like this in the future
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
Undercover is very interesting.once you start you only get good at it.talking 4rm xperience since '07. And why the fuk will you apologize to dat fk macwatever? Are you loosing steam?
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by manmustwac(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
BĂ©lla3: hahahahaha.. grin*laugh no go kill me* i plan on doin something like this in the future
Make Seun (the siteowner)no try to O. Imagine being banned until the year 2035 by your own mod
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
babaearly: Undercover is very interesting.once you start you only get good at it.talking 4rm xperience since '07. And why the fuk will you apologize to dat fk macwatever? Are you loosing steam?

I just wanted that thread to survive. Maclatunji likes being begged. I was only using his dictatorial sense of authority to get what I wanted
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dipwater: Logic how far nau

Pls don't try it in real life.I was born and bred up in lag with too many muslims aroun our neighbourhood I know what this fuc/kkers can do

Maclatunji is a clown. U have xposed him with ur undercover sh/it.

hahaha

No shaking men! smiley smiley
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Bella3(f): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
manmustwac: Make Seun (the siteowner)no try to O. Imagine being banned until the year 2035 by your own mod
i dnt fear cowards*like the mod of dat pieces section*. To open account for nl no be FREE? Nothing go do me johrgrin
I for tell you 'happy sunday' but u no dy go CHURCH! LOL*I Love pidgin johr*
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
manmustwac: Make Seun (the siteowner)no try to O. Imagine being banned until the year 2035 by your own mod

lol grin
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by wiegraf: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
What surprises me a bit is that quite a few don't know abdulsleek. Does that suggest very few people bother to even skim through /islam? I rarely do, but I've know about His Sleekness for a while now. This indicates others spend even less time there than I do
Re: How Logicboy Exposed The Other Section (for Christians And Atheists) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
wiegraf: What surprises me a bit is that quite a few don't know abdulsleek. Does that suggest very few people bother to even skim through /islam? I rarely do, but I've know about His Sleekness for a while now. This indicates others spend even less time there than I do

Some people fear islam, some cant be bothered with its bollshyt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah / Pastor Makes Members Eat Grass / Drag Them To Court {water OF Manna/revival Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.