Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? (12845 Views)

Alimodu Sheriff As Pdp Chairman.what Do You Think? / The GEJ Trekkers Got Elaborate Reception By An LGA Chairman.(photo) / Coming Soon - To An Lga Near You (kogi Lg Chairmen Kidnapped For Ransome) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Afam4eva(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2012
I want to throw my hat into the ring and contest for an elective position. I think i can make a change by starting off by contesting for the chairmanship position in my local government, Enugu South LGA. It's not like i'm ready at the moment but i want to plan for the future. I chose to contest to become the LG chairman position because it's the closest government to the people. I want to make my LGA the pride of NIgeria and Africa. Infact, i don't mind being the LGA chairman for the next 50 years if the constitution permits as long as i can make my own little contribution in my local government.

Now, what are the things that i need to know and which party do you think is progressive and encourages young people like myself?

What's the minimum age to be elected in to such a position?

As an LGA chairman, how much power do i wield?

I'm currently working on my economic plan for my local government and i will also like ya'll to contribute and tell me what you think local governments need the most.

Thanks

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by k2039: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2012
As it stands in Nigeria now,you just need to know a god father who weilds a lot of influence in you locality(I mean your local goverment)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by GARRIx7(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
Make a lot of money....

Make an impact on ur immediate community...

Get connected to some "movers & shakers" in ur community....

::
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Abagworo(m): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
1) You must be up to 30 years old.

2) You must know the sitting Governor and have the ability to negotiate how to share the LGA allocations with the stake holders.

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dear Lord, Afam and his whims sha. . . .

Shey the Nigerian anthem don dey move you sha. Never thought I'll put you in the attention seeking category of Onila, mama-gee, mobo44 and co but with this?

SMH

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Intrepid1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
You need advanced Jazz, tons of money, and no morals...

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by funshybam(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
Go to ALUU community and ask for theirm support
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by deandavid(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
Subscribed. Having the same thought 4 my lga.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by funshybam(m): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
1. I chose to contest to become the LG chairman position because it's the closest government to the people. I want to make my LGA the pride of NIgeria and Africa.

2. I'm currently working on my economic plan for my local government and i will also like ya'll to contribute and tell me what you think local governments need the most.

SAME OLD STORIES OF OUR POLITICIANS...Just as if they are doing us a favour by contesting............... S*H*I*T

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
*.YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO LIE.
*.THIRTY YEAR'S ABOVE BEFORE YOU COULD CONTEST.
*.IF IT'S IN LAGOS YOU MUST BE AN ACTION CONGRESS.
*.MUST KNOW HOW TO BRIBE.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Revolva(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
Just hold your money and ready to lie tons of lies be decietful don't be honest oo - just ready to step on peoples toe and lastly ready to share money with people dat put you on the seat unless dem go fall your hand
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by ebamma3: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
1) your bank balance should not be less than 50million
2)you must get a good native doctor
3) you must make friends with motor park touts and cultists
4)you must know how to lie

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by anonimi: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Why not start as a LG Councillor and build your political capital plus goodwill while learning how to work the system without over-compromising yourself on the way up

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by deandavid(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
am going to talk like we r in a sane society, where tins go on well. 1st my brother we need money, to do some notable stuff in our local govt, so that people knw will u, join rochas party. But 4 me, its dpp or acn.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by DINGO(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
IF BY NOW YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU NEED THEN YOU ARE NOT READY. SIMPLE

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by blackbeau1(f): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
1) Advanced Ju-tech(JUJU) or serious faith that can move mountains:this is to ensure that u stay alive throughout the campaign,election and post election period,as many will be gunning for your death
2)An earth moving god-father or make sure the movers and shakers in your community know you and endorse you: this is to make sure that you win the election
3)Pls flee from AC and any oda party that is not PDP.trust me,on this platform you have better chances of winning
4) Make sure you are close to your governor.without him,your local government is in deep s**t cuz he is the one who controls the funds for the L.G.A.
5) Get married.it helps bring the elderly ppl over to your side.
6)Most importantly,make me your pa.in that way,we can still d money together without anyone knowing.*smiles*

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Mojibola(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
Yu'll need to start learning some phrases....like
...all hands are on deck to see dt d perpetrators of ds evil act will be brought to book..
...a committee has been set up to investigate the matter, they'll report in two weeks..
...(and my favorite)...we are on top of the situation..
Good luck.

17 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abagworo: 1) You must be up to 30 years old.

2) You must know the sitting Governor and have the ability to negotiate how to share the LGA allocations with the stake holders.

Irrespective of parties, elections at LGA level are not credible. So no chance except you are contesting on the platform of ruling party in your state.

To get the ticket, you need to grease someone palm. With different dubious agreement sealed, you might not have enough funds to make the desired difference if selected.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Pennywise(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
OOOkhay. I am sure if you sit in front of NL long enuff, your dream might just come true.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by blackbeau1(f): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
Oh,I almost forgot.you need to be ready to sanction d killing of an opposing politician,you need to be one of the most convincing liar ever born and you need plenty EGO,money,OWO
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by deandavid(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
yea, like someone suggested, councellor is a gud start. There we can show our the people our intentions. But wait o, wat is the job of a local govt councellor?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Super1759: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
sorry,we are planning to scrap local gov.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by akintun: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Start learning hw to steal if u don't know, becos u go steal die. I'm too much of a capitalist to love gov's.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by igbsam(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Afam, abeg..how much you pay mods to bring your news to the frontpage ? grin

Na play i dey o! Well, you don't need to know much. In nigeria, just gather the skills on how to embezzle LG allocations and make sure you get godfathers wey go be your hunch back. Once you get all this bro, you are good to go.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by braine(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
anonimi: Why not start as a LG Councillor and build your political capital plus goodwill while learning how to work the system without over-compromising yourself on the way up

That's a good start. I was thinking about that too.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by pekelepekele(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Better continue living a simple life you have been living , posting on NL , taking your kids out and doing other simple stuffs. ILESANMI DUN JU OYELO

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Afam4eva(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
anonimi: Why not start as a LG Councillor and build your political capital plus goodwill while learning how to work the system without over-compromising yourself on the way up
I actually thought of that too. I don't mind starting from the councillor-ship.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by lacasa: 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2012

Good point here.

Start from the bottom and build µя way up as a novice.

Pay µя dues and most importantly,. Try not to make permanent enemies.

Goodluck man smiley
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
You should ask yourself if this is really what you want. Don‘t do it b‘cos you think or b‘cos they said..... You should do this b‘cos you want to make an impact in the lives of the ordinary people. You must not not be a propagander politician like rochas, fash, orji and so, instead try and emulate quiet and working politicians like the late yar‘adua, chime, duke and co. Lastly above all you must fear God. Other things in this life are secondary. I like seeing young and ambitous Enugu peeps like me. Goodluck to you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by 9icest: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Shame ur not contesting in Lagos, the only place where sanity still reings. And the only state you enviously loathe. In the SS, running for any political office includes preparing your will, and preparing for all sort of spiritual and physical assualt. Wish you the bestest cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Jonathan ‘sold Me Out’ During The Last Election -Nwoye (Video) / Benue Crises: Buhari, Saraki And Dogara Meet (Photos) / Buhari Has Chased Away Herdsmen From Benue Land - Tiv Group Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.