Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. (18336 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Higher Education And The Female Child / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by rimzo(m): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Is it proper as a father to ask your daughter (above 18) if she as never have sex before.

I'm talking of the girl child still under your roof as a single girl.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by mabebe1(f): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
wat 4? wen was he disvirgined
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
rimzo: Is it proper as a father to ask your daughter (above 18) if she as never have sex before.
Am talking of the girl child still under your roof as a single girl.

Virginity is not a status but a state of mind and that is not your business.

1 Like

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by rimzo(m): 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Brand_new: Virginity is not a status but a state of mind and that is not your business.

So you don't care to know about sexual activities of your daughter that is not married.
We need to teach and advice our children about sex education.

13 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
rimzo:

So you don't care to know about sexual activities of your daughter that is not married.
We need to teach and advice our children about sex education.

All you can do is teach them what is right or wrong but trying to find out if she's still a virgin or not is NOT your call.

17 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dads are always closer to their girls...but I still don't think it's appropriate to ask such question from 18yr old that's ready to explore another world ( university) .

All a parent can do is just to be calm , and be her friend or else she will shut you out and change the subject every time you talk about sex. Or just move out embarassed and I will be very very mad.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by 299: 11:34am On Dec 03, 2012
I don't think it's neccessary. Besides, the mother should be the one to ask such questions.

3 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
299: I don't think it's neccessary. Besides, the mother should be the one to ask such questions.

Assuming she's got a mother.

As a father, it's very much my business, irrespective of whether my wife's around, or not. The fact is, some father's feel awkward asking certain questions, where they feel it's the wife's role. The role belongs to BOTH parents. Just the same way a mother can ask her son if he's still a virgin.

Parents should feel free with their children, regardless of gender. And children should also feel they can talk to their parents too.

That's my take on things, others may however see things differently.

23 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by zayhal(f): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
Bless my father! Whether son or daughter, he knew and asked everything there needed to be asked about us. And he had a way with us that you will readily tell him if he asked. Try telling a lie and he'll catch you and let you know later that you haven't told the truth.

It was very much my father's business but he diddnt throw questions at our faces. He got all his facts through discussions and treating us like adults. That did the trick.

15 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by greatgod2012(f): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
If parents(bothparents) are very close to their children, they dont need to ask a direct and specific question, they will get all their facts during discussion, that is why it is advisable to be friendly with our children, being too harsh with them will push them away to strangers.
It is d responsibility of both parent to engage their children and always have discussions on sex, love, values,STDs, friends to keep, accomplishments,providing them with directions on how to accomplish their goals in life, thorough communication with them will make them to confide in their parents without even asking for it.

6 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by mumumugu(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
It is ok. If u can talk to her about sex and gve ha sex education, why cant u ask her if she has ever had one
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
greatgod2012: If parents(bothparents) are very close to their children, they dont need to ask a direct and specific question, they will get all their facts during discussion, that is why it is advisable to be friendly with our children, being too harsh with them will push them away to strangers.
It is d responsibility of both parent to engage their children and always have discussions on sex, love, values,STDs, friends to keep, accomplishments,providing them with directions on how to accomplish their goals in life, thorough communication with them will make them to confide in their parents without even asking for it.
On point.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Abali1(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
I don't know about other people, but I have a little cousins that I love very much and since I found out that their mother is too "religious" to give them se.x education, I took it upon myself to talk to them. one of the girls, I asked and she told me. I make it a point to be their friends and take them through the world of se,x and all.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
As a father, it is my duty to make sure that my kids are safe at all time. Although I wouldn't ask directly unless there was a need/concern for it, I would certainly know about it if she told her mother. And so long as she protect herself (just like I would have taught her) then all is well.

I also think that losing her virginity will be like taking her from a teenager to a woman, so mama would tell me the day she knows.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
This man sounds a lot like JD .... I can bet on it!
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^^ Who is JD sef?!keep ur money as you would have lost it by now.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
Johndoe now... Don't mind me jare ... I'm just thinking about Who is Rudysmith controversy and I happened to type my guess .,... grin
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
^ I happen to know Rudy lol, and he is one of the few men that can bring a smile to your face, a genuine smile, not the Chinese version that Sagamite is trying to offer you. So open your eyes, open your mind and don't be afraid of the unknown. You never know what you may find.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by slimyem: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
An 18 year-old is a child to her parents but also is not a child.
An 18 year old is an adult...and something as private as her virginity shouldn't be her father's business.
What would/does he want with it?
He had 0 to 18 years to train,nurture, and educate her about sex and well, the virginity thing....and should trust whatever choice she decides to make of it after that!!
He can be concerned about the kind of men/friends she hangs around and all of that and constantly advice/speak to her about making right choices....!
Expressly wanting to know her virginity status is just out of line..!!

4 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^^ Here is one of the main reason why I would "need" to know.
I have already told my kids that they are welcomed at my house for the rest of their life, if they wish so, but the day they start to have sex, then they best find their own places to do the do, and not under my roof. So knowing when each and everyone of them (not just the girls) has/had sex is important to the family unit.

If you are above 18 and think you are wise and mature enough to have sex, then it is time for you to go.
If you are under 18 and think you are wise mature enough to have sex, then the countdown has started.

6 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
Completely crossing the line... She's 18yrs come on undecided
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^I am sorry but if anyone think they are old enough to be intimate and live by the consequences that it entails, then they should be old enough to have their own apt to do just that.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith: ^^I am sorry but if anyone think they are old enough to be intimate and live by the consequences that it entails, then they should be old enough to have their own apt to do just that.

Ofcourse some are ready to move out....you think every Nigerian parent likes to horde a 18year old till they are ready to marry?

1 Like

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith: ^^I am sorry but if anyone think they are old enough to be intimate and live by the consequences that it entails, then they should be old enough to have their own apt to do just that.

You got in baang on the beam there, Rudy.
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
jidegirl12:
Ofcourse some are ready to move out....you think every Nigerian parent likes to horde a 18year old till they are ready to marry?

My children are welcome to stay at mine for as long as they need to get settled in life, but they surely have to stand by my rules and regulations........This is no Holiday Inn!

Siena: You got in baang on the beam there, Rudy.

Thanks man, I saw that you have a few yrs on your hands before you start dealing with such issues.

1 Like

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith:

My children are welcome to stay at mine for as long as they need to get settled in life, but they surely have to stand by my rules and regulations........This is no Holiday Inn!

Lol..... Same here but you slamming your rules and regulations every-time in their ears will definitely make them move out . You just have to trust them and be their friend that's all .

Holiday inn ko , Fairmont ni grin
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith:

Do you mind explaining the rationale behind the rule that they can't live in your house anymore once they start having sex (and are up to 18)? Yet they can live in your house up to 40yrs of age as long as they remain virgins?
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by slimyem: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith: ^^^ Here is one of the main reason why I would "need" to know.
I have already told my kids that they are welcomed at my house for the rest of their life, if they wish so, but the day they start to have sex, then they best find their own places to do the do, and not under my roof.
Of course!
Anyone should know its somewhat disrespectful to do that under one's parents roof...and its understandable if you frown at it...although,that's besides the point here.
So knowing when each and everyone of them (not just the girls) has/had sex is important to the family unit.
I still don't see how or why if they are above 18 and are not doing it on your bed!!

If you are above 18 and think you are wise and mature enough to have sex, then it is time for you to go.
If you are under 18 and think you are wise mature enough to have sex, then the countdown has started.
So if you daughter tells you she's not been hav1ng sex when in truth,she has...what's gon happen?
...and if she tells you she has,what would you do?
Throw her out of your house or ban her from doing it no more?
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by slimyem: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
RudySmith:

...and those rules and regulations include...don't have $ex until what age or I(as your father) have to know when you start hav1ng sex?
...and is there like some form of exercise/test you'll be carrying out on your daughter to confirm if she has done it and how often will you check especially as it an abomination for a child living under your roof to be doing it?
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by victorian(f): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Sorry to say poster, but you are wacked......u need psychological help...how can u think of Evicting any of yur kid, that says Dad, guess what ?... am no more a virgin? shocked.....seriously?..... I can't believe this.. Thank God , you are not God....
Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
jidegirl12:
Lol..... Same here but you slamming your rules and regulations every-time in their ears will definitely make them move out . You just have to trust them and be their friend that's all .

Holiday inn ko , Fairmont ni grin

Of course, that is my house, my rules policy.....but hey, they are free to join and sleep at the salvation army if they think the rules will be any better there. Life ain't a bed of roses and I want them to take responsibilities for their action as soon as they are old enough to take any responsibilities like that. What makes you think that I will tell them that every morning?! they know the rule, and especially, the consequences of breaking these rules.

ileobatojo:
Do you mind explaining the rationale behind the rule that they can't live in your house anymore once they start having sex (and are up to 18)? Yet they can live in your house up to 40yrs of age as long as they remain virgins?

It is very simple, they are welcome at home until they "think" they are grown enough to have sex. Since having sex is not a joke and has serious repercussions, if someone think they are ready for such, then they should equally be ready to do that under their own roof, and live by the consequences of what such action entails.

slimyem: I still don't see how or why if they are above 18 and are not doing it on your bed!!

ok let me explain it to you then: you see having sex can be a life changing experience, just a little mistake can be a lifetime of baby changing diapers etc. so if someone is ready to take such gamble in life, then they best do so in their own house so they can care for whatever consequences that may come with such act (aka baby). I have done my fair share of babysitting, no more, lol!

So if you daughter tells you she's not been hav1ng sex when in truth,she has...what's gon happen? ...and if she tells you she has,what would you do?
Throw her out of your house or ban her from doing it no more?

How should I know about what to do about something I don't know is happening?! But if she fully well knows MY stand (and the consequences of doing such act under my roof) then my reaction would not be a shock to her. Again, I raise them to understand that IN LIFE every action has a reaction, and that they should think very carefully before doing anything that may be against what i have instilled in them, raised them or taught them right from wrong. they fully well know that I have nothing against having sex so long as it is done in the proper manner. If someone wants to have sex, they can/should only do so when they are properly ready for the consequences of such act........... and me throwing them out would only be the simple reaction to the action they decided to take.
Again, MY HOUSE; MY RULES!

2 Likes

Re: As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. by RudySmith(m): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
victorian: Sorry to say poster, but you are wacked......u need psychological help...how can u think of Evicting any of yur kid, that says Dad, guess what ?... am no more a virgin? shocked.....seriously?..... I can't believe this.. Thank God , you are not God....

Quoting God or the bible on such matter shows your lack of common sense. the Bible is clear on the fact that people CAN/should only have sex when they are married. now how can you bring God in this matter if you have no idea of the word of God? pls go pick a bible and start feeding your brain before coming here to reply nonsense!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue / Is This Selfishness Or Not / He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.