Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) (16881 Views)

Lagos Cardiac Renal Facilities Pack Up(pic) / Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2012
Hi

I am practising Preventive Cardiology and Internal Medicine in India. Out of 11 years of experience, I have 9 years in India and 2 in Australia.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding heart problems, high BP, chest pain(Angina), breathlessness on walking or exertion etc.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by abosedekolawole(f): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
DrSandhu: Hi

I am practising Preventive Cardiology and Internal Medicine in India. Out of 11 years of experience, I have 9 years in India and 2 in Australia.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding heart problems, high BP, chest pain(Angina), breathlessness on walking or exertion etc.

pls wat the cause of rapid heart beat witout bin nevours
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Mentaremix(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
@poster.Thanks in advance for ur free consultation.Pls my fiancee has always been complaining about chest pain for over 2years now.What might be d cause and the probable solution.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 8:06am On Dec 06, 2012
abosedekolawole: pls wat the cause of rapid heart beat witout bin nevours

Rapid Heart Beat is technically called tachycardia. It can be due to a variety of causes. To determine the cause and future course of treatment, one has to be investigated for the exact diagnosis.
Please get an ECG done and consult a local Cardiologist.

Mentaremix: @poster.Thanks in advance for ur free consultation.Pls my fiancee has always been complaining about chest pain for over 2years now.What might be d cause and the probable solution.

Please tell me the following things.

1. What is the age of your fiancee?
2. What is the weight and height?
3. Does the patient have any digestive problems like increased/decreased appetite or constipation or hyperacidity or reflux?
4. Is the patient on any medication?

After these basic questions, I can guide you further with regards to the same.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Nellyd(f): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
pls doc, can i hv ur email address?
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 6:04am On Dec 08, 2012
chandansandhu@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by topazjosh(m): 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2012

please what can i do to prevent my fast breathing,as young as i am,and am not in anyway fat,am infact slim,i dont smoke but i drink,but i noticed the rate of my breath is faster than other people around,and sometimes when i run too fast for a few m,i breath in a stressfull way,painful and sound like am gonna die soon.
Am serious of what am saying
Please whats the cause?
And whats the best solution please?
Imagine i will love to become a military personell soon.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by topazjosh(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2012

and also what can i do to stop my chest pain,and this sharp pain i feel too.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 6:07am On Dec 09, 2012
topazjosh: please what can i do to prevent my fast breathing,as young as i am,and am not in anyway fat,am infact slim,i dont smoke but i drink,but i noticed the rate of my breath is faster than other people around,and sometimes when i run too fast for a few m,i breath in a stressfull way,painful and sound like am gonna die soon.
Am serious of what am saying
Please whats the cause?
And whats the best solution please?
Imagine i will love to become a military personell soon.

topazjosh

what you describing in your symptoms do indeed point towards a cardiac cause. the pain you feel on exertion is called Angina. It has to be investigated regarding what the exact problem maybe, but the first step would be getting some investigations done from a cardiologist.

In India, I would have ordered an ECG, Echocardiography and some Blood tests. I am not familiar with the system followed in Nigeria, but i am sure they will also get the same tests done and then decide on the future course of action.
At our medical center in India, we use the latest non surgical methods for treating heart disease like ECP(External Counter Pulsation), ACT(Artery Clearance Therapy) and other methods.

You should contact a cardiologist as early as possible. I hope you get better and join the military!
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by deywarley(m): 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hi Doctor. I am in my mid-twenties, I'm slim and I don't drink or smoke but I've been having palpitation and angina for about 5 years now. I've been to one of the most reliable hospital here in Nigeria and I was asked to run various tests like ECG, ECHO, blood tests and even chest x-ray but all the test shows that there is nothing wrong with my heart according to the doctor but I still feel the symptoms especially when I am resting. Please advice.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by topazjosh(m): 6:07am On Dec 10, 2012
DrSandhu:

topazjosh

what you describing in your symptoms do indeed point towards a cardiac cause. the pain you feel on exertion is called Angina. It has to be investigated regarding what the exact problem maybe, but the first step would be getting some investigations done from a cardiologist.

In India, I would have ordered an ECG, Echocardiography and some Blood tests. I am not familiar with the system followed in Nigeria, but i am sure they will also get the same tests done and then decide on the future course of action.
At our medical center in India, we use the latest non surgical methods for treating heart disease like ECP(External Counter Pulsation), ACT(Artery Clearance Therapy) and other methods.

You should contact a cardiologist as early as possible. I hope you get better and join the military!
can i visit gani fawehinmi diagnostic hospital in ondo,heard alot of people trooping down there from all paets of nigeria.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by topazjosh(m): 6:08am On Dec 10, 2012
DrSandhu:

topazjosh

thanks for the info doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2012
topazjosh: can i visit gani fawehinmi diagnostic hospital in ondo,heard alot of people trooping down there from all paets of nigeria.
I am not sure about the clinics in Nigeria. Had you been in India, I would have been most happy to serve you and make your health better. But do consult a cardiologist, wherever nearest available.

deywarley: Hi Doctor. I am in my mid-twenties, I'm slim and I don't drink or smoke but I've been having palpitation and angina for about 5 years now. I've been to one of the most reliable hospital here in Nigeria and I was asked to run various tests like ECG, ECHO, blood tests and even chest x-ray but all the test shows that there is nothing wrong with my heart according to the doctor but I still feel the symptoms especially when I am resting. Please advice.

Hi deywarley
ECG and Echo can only detect an existing anomaly, but not the stress on the cardiovascular system. the symptoms you describe point towards a possible circulatory impairment of the heart. although moderate level of gastritis can also produce these symptome. please take some anti acidity syrup for 5 days. if the symptome persist, you may need to undergo Angiography or a stress test to investigate further.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by yemi221(m): 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
hi doc, i av dis cough 3 month ago i used to cough out yellow sputum,so i went to see a doc i was told to do sputum test wch i did,kllebsila spp was found in result.so i was told to use augmentin(antibiotic)after a wik i got relieved but for d past 2 wik again d cough came bk its now sever dis tym,its disturb me @ nit and also aving dry throat am also feeling slit pain in d right ribs when lying down.thanks in advance
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 7:57am On Dec 11, 2012
yemi 22: hi doc, i av dis cough 3 month ago i used to cough out yellow sputum,so i went to see a doc i was told to do sputum test wch i did,kllebsila spp was found in result.so i was told to use augmentin(antibiotic)after a wik i got relieved but for d past 2 wik again d cough came bk its now sever dis tym,its disturb me @ nit and also aving dry throat am also feeling slit pain in d right ribs when lying down.thanks in advance

You should get a chest X Ray ASAP, the features you describe could possibly be Pneumonia or LRTI with Pleurisy. You will need the right antibiotics for 2 weeks minimum, alongwith other medicines.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2012
Thank you Dr Sandhu for your help on this thread.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by yemi221(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2012
thanks doc,av done d chest xray yestday i will be getting the result in some couple of hours.i will let u no the outcome soon.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by topazjosh(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
DrSandhu:
I am not sure about the clinics in Nigeria. Had you been in India, I would have been most happy to serve you and make your health better. But do consult a cardiologist, wherever nearest available.

Hi deywarley
ECG and Echo can only detect an existing anomaly, but not the stress on the cardiovascular system. the symptoms you describe point towards a possible circulatory impairment of the heart. although moderate level of gastritis can also produce these symptome. please take some anti acidity syrup for 5 days. if the symptome persist, you may need to undergo Angiography or a stress test to investigate further.
no i havent been to india,and cant even afford that for now.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 4:57am On Dec 12, 2012
yemi 22: thanks doc,av done d chest xray yestday i will be getting the result in some couple of hours.i will let u no the outcome soon.thanks

i sincerely wish you get better soon!
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 4:59am On Dec 12, 2012
chaircover: Thank you Dr Sandhu for your help on this thread.

no worries my friend. it just takes 10 minutes of my time everyday...if i can help a few people somewhere, why should i not?
knowledge can only increase on sharing and distributing!

God Bless!
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by tobsin: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2012
Hello Doctor,

I have been experiencing chest pain for a couple of weeks now and at the advice of my doctor, I went to emergency. There, they ran an ECG and chest x-ray on me and found nothing wrong. I'm still experiencing the pains and wondering what can be wrong.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
tobsin: Hello Doctor,

I have been experiencing chest pain for a couple of weeks now and at the advice of my doctor, I went to emergency. There, they ran an ECG and chest x-ray on me and found nothing wrong. I'm still experiencing the pains and wondering what can be wrong.

Thanks

well tobsin
does the pain occur with exertion or at rest as well?
is your BP normal?
whats your age?
this could be Angina. ECG only shows changes which have occurred, not the ones which could happen!
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Somex10202(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2012
Dr early dis year,i had high bp due to bad eating habit of salt and maggi.went to a doctor and wuz treated and it became.sum 2mnth ago due to d nature of my work i carry heavy goods,and i had chest pain.i use drugs like cenpain night,dolo meta B,painkil.it reduce,but i notice anytime i try bending even 4 exercise i feel d pain.plis wot kan i do.am 30yrs of age
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by dominique(f): 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
I'll like to point out that the Doctor is not Nigerian, I'd recommend we write more clearly
so that he can interpret the condition properly. Not everybody finds it easy to decipher the text message mode of writing (myself inclusive)

Nice work you're doing Dr. Sandhu, we're glad to have you in our forum smiley.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 6:08am On Dec 17, 2012
Somex10202: Dr early dis year,i had high bp due to bad eating habit of salt and maggi.went to a doctor and wuz treated and it became.sum 2mnth ago due to d nature of my work i carry heavy goods,and i had chest pain.i use drugs like cenpain night,dolo meta B,painkil.it reduce,but i notice anytime i try bending even 4 exercise i feel d pain.plis wot kan i do.am 30yrs of age

Please avoid the painkillers. Take some antacids first!
Maggi is good for once in a while...but if you eat it regularly, it can potentially cause acidity and constipation.

drink plenty of water and eat some yoghurt/curd everyday for 2 weeks.

Get well soon!
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Somex10202(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2012
DrSandhu:

Please avoid the painkillers. Take some antacids first!
Maggi is good for once in a while...but if you eat it regularly, it can potentially cause acidity and constipation.

drink plenty of water and eat some yoghurt/curd everyday for 2 weeks.

Get well soon!
thank you so much doctor,i would do as you have said.By the way, is doing pushup/press up exercise advicable as well?
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Somex10202: thank you so much doctor,i would do as you have said.By the way, is doing pushup/press up exercise advicable as well?

Please avoid all strenous activities till you feel better. Any physical ctivity that strains you can potentially cause hyperacidity, and is best avoided.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by SincereMind(m): 1:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Doc,
Well done. I want to ask, can drinking cause high blood pressure? If not, how do I reduce my BP? I am just 28years and tests that I did in the past three weeks have shown fluctuating BP. The last was 130/100. How do I bring this down?
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
SincereMind: Doc,
Well done. I want to ask, can drinking cause high blood pressure? If not, how do I reduce my BP? I am just 28years and tests that I did in the past three weeks have shown fluctuating BP. The last was 130/100. How do I bring this down?

Excessive drinking can cause high BP. Follow some basic steps to reduce your BP

1. Drink 3 liters of water every day
2. Reduce your salt intake
3. Reduce fried stuff in what you eat
4. No Smoking
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by Olodo1: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
SincereMind: Doc,

am having similar problem but am 25 years old and i weigh 61kg what should i do
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by DrSandhu: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
Olodo 1:

am having similar problem but am 25 years old and i weigh 61kg what should i do

please refer to earlier post
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) by aAK1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
hello doc. early in the year I started having pains in my heart that some times could be felt in my left arm and neck,I went to see the doctor who prescribed drugs including an anti inflammatory drug.I felt better for some time and it came back.the past few months has been hell.I don't feel it in my arms like before but I have been feeling the pain in my heart.I am 25,I don't drink,don't smoke and I am not fat.I am slim.I need ur advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why When We Sleep Face Up We Usually Have Nightmare / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? / Is Medical Marijuana Just A Leverage To Legalize Marijuana In General?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.