Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,062 members, 7,821,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

A Pagan Africa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pagan Africa (4162 Views)

Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
If you take the number of Africans who have a "high level of belief and practice" in Traditional African Religion from the 19 countries surveyed recently by the Pew Forum, you get 135 million people.

If you then look at the Sub-Saharan countries not surveyed by Pew (see map below) and use the CIA factbook statistics for "traditional", "animistic", and "indigenous" religions, you get almost 45 million people. [This has been corrected now, I had originally thought the total was higher. See the map below for a detailed country by country breakdown of the numbers.]

That means that there are nearly 200 million Pagans in Africa. In fact, there are probably more than these statistics indicate. For example, many people who regularly participate in traditional ceremonies, visit traditional healers, and hold traditional non-Christian and non-Muslim beliefs were nevertheless counted by Pew as Christians or Muslims while ignoring their Traditional beliefs and practices.

"Pagan" is not a derogatory term. Socrates and Plato were Pagans. The people who gave us our the words "democracy", "republic" and "constitution" were all Pagans. The people who laid the foundations upon which western civilization are built were all Pagans.

But wait, there's more. The people who invented agriculture, writing, cities, roads, metallurgy, architecture, art, music, poetry, dancing, singing, beer, wine, barbecue, parties, plays, novels, geography, astronomy, mathematics, physics, biology, medicine, etc, were all Pagans. Just like 200 million people living in Africa today.

The map below shows the breakdown, by country, of those who continue to follow Traditional African Religions. Countries shaded darker have data from the 2010 Pew study on religion in Sub-Saharan Africa. Other countries have data from CIA/US State Department. Some countries either have no data available or insignificant numbers of traditionalists.

source: http://egregores..com/2010/04/200-million-african-pagans.html

Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
lol.

Pagan is on a mission! grin
Interesting read though.
Re: A Pagan Africa by Areaboy2(m): 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
*Kails*:
lol.

Pagan is on a mission! grin
Interesting read though.

He is indeed. Championing one belief system over another. grin grin grin grin

Make we just scrap all of them. pagan or monotheism, they are all man made.

Although i will vote to keep religion just to control some dumb mofo's out there undecided
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Area_boy:

He is indeed. Championing one belief system over another. grin grin grin grin

Make we just scrap all of them. pagan or monotheism, they are all man made.

Although i will vote to keep religion just to control some dumb mofo's out there undecided

You are highly mistaken on that point. ut of the 1 million + Pagan rleigions in this world (as many as there are tribes), not 1 of them has a man-founder. unlike abrahamic religions. i dare you to name atleast 1 Pagan religion with a man-founder.
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
so as i was saying, Africa needs to return to core Paganism.
Re: A Pagan Africa by JeSoul(f): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Pagan9ja, this crusade of yours ehn cheesy lol. All the best ehn smiley
Re: A Pagan Africa by Goshen360(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^^ It's a one man battalion crusade.....he is on his own! grin....We love you still mr pagan.... cool
Re: A Pagan Africa by JeSoul(f): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ It's a one man battalion crusade.....he is on his own! grin....We love you still mr pagan.... cool
cheesy lol, gotta give him credit, he's convicted about his beliefs and he walks it, hard. lol.
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Great work, Pagan!
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2012
Thank You Brothers and Sisters! cool
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
so as i was saying, Africa needs to return to core Paganism.
LOOK AT THIS HEATHEN *SMH*

1 Like

Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: LOOK AT THIS HEATHEN *SMH*

See this Jewish slave talking.

1 Like

Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 07, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this Jewish slave talking.

LOOK AT THIS SUPER-HEATHEN *SMDH*
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: LOOK AT THIS SUPER-HEATHEN *SMDH*

Do you believe that you're a descendant of two people with Hebrew names? Adam and Eve? cheesy
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2012
Logicboy03:

Do you believe that you're a descendant of two people with Hebrew names? Adam and Eve? cheesy
BUT OF COURSE. I FEEL HEBREW TODAY grin
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: BUT OF COURSE. I FEEL HEBREW TODAY grin

Ibru?
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2012
Logicboy03:

Ibru?
QUITE A PHILANTROPIC FAMILY I MIGHT ADD. THE IBRU FOUNDATION grin
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: QUITE A PHILANTROPIC FAMILY I MIGHT ADD. THE IBRU FOUNDATION grin

Agreed
Re: A Pagan Africa by saintvc(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
Apart from u , op , how many pagans are in nairaland?
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
YES...PAGAN ALL TH LOVE WE WILL WIN cool cool cool
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
saintvc: Apart from u , op , how many pagans are in nairaland?

not sure really. i have some ardent supporters lyk brother Cameroon above, etc. but if they are actual Pagans, i dont know. people like Pastor AIO, etc., confuse me (or are confused themselves). i think i am the only one here. but its ok. 2 of the Greatest Conquerors ever (Both Pagans), Emperor ALexander The Great & Emperor Gehghiiz Khan of the Mongol Horde, both came up through their own determination and will. so my fight is just begining. . wink
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

not sure really. i have some ardent supporters lyk brother Cameroon above, etc. but if they are actual Pagans, i dont know. people like Pastor AIO, etc., confuse me (or are confused themselves). i think i am the only one here. but its ok. 2 of the Greatest Conquerors ever (Both Pagans), Emperor ALexander The Great & Emperor Gehghiiz Khan of the Mongol Horde, both came up through their own determination and will. so my fight is just begining. . wink
m not pagan , my mum will kill me lmao , still young but i know my children wont bear any christians names and i don't go to church anymore except when my pops are around , but i still do believe in GOD but not in catholicism and in the bible tho i still quote this book undecided. in few words m on my way for the deliverance of this slave mentality cool cool
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: m not pagan , my mum will kill me lmao , still young but i know my children wont bear any christians names and i don't go to church anymore except when my pops are around , but i still do believe in GOD but not in catholicism and in the bible tho i still quote this book undecided. in few words m on my way for the deliverance of this slave mentality cool cool

oh you are in transition phase. Good Luck! grin
Re: A Pagan Africa by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

oh you are in transition phase. Good Luck! grin
yahhh brothers aint easy , i swear cool
Re: A Pagan Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yahhh brothers aint easy , i swear cool

i know. i understand. dont think i am not aware. it is not easy. wink

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Gospel Mix (mp3 Download) / Rhema For Living Devotional 2023 / Fulfilling Your Purpose - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.