Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? (1325 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Phablet And Note 10.1 By Samsung / Google Nexus 4 Or Sony Xperia Sp / Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ozegbe(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
any body using the nexus 10. i want to know about the actual user experience and real life usage....currently using note 10 l. but just wondering if i could have opted for this instead...any user in the house..?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ehisod(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Well Gnex 10.1 is touted as the the best android tablet on the market today, you will get faster updates and real android experience, but I hate that there is no external memory slot on it. If you want to do away with your note 10.1 let me know ehisod@gmail.com.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ozegbe: any body using the nexus 10. i want to know about the actual user experience and real life usage....currently using note 10 l. but just wondering if i could have opted for this instead...any user in the house..?

The Nexus 10 is the tablet with the best display at 300ppi. It also has NFC and runs jellybean 4.2, it's also cheaper than d note 10.1.

BUT the note 10.1 is a productivity tool, it can be used for both content creation and content consumption. The only problem i have with it is the screen resolution(at 149ppi), it's not very impressive.
Have u seen the note 10.1's jellybean 4.1 update? Mehn, with dat update, it does EVERYTHING the note II does on a larger screen.

Since you have the note 10.1, i think u are in a better position to give us the real-life pros and cons. I want to buy this device as a xmas gift to myself smiley .
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ozegbe(m): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

The Nexus 10 is the tablet with the best display at 300ppi. It also has NFC and runs jellybean 4.2, it's also cheaper than d note 10.1.

BUT the note 10.1 is a productivity tool, it can be used for both content creation and content consumption. The only problem i have with it is the screen resolution(at 149ppi), it's not very impressive.
Have u seen the note 10.1's jellybean 4.1 update? Mehn, with dat update, it does EVERYTHING the note II does on a larger screen.

Since you have the note 10.1, i think u are in a better position to give us the real-life pros and cons. I want to buy this device as a xmas gift to myself smiley .
actually the screen is very ok to me (maybe becos i have never used a higher res screen like ipad retina.) its a great device, the spen is very responsive and works perfectly. the build quality feels fragile and i tend to handle it with care. not solid at all. it has so many features am still trying to explore especially as a first time android user. Nexus 10 as a google own device will surely be supported more by developers and always get the best os upgrade. The jellybean 4.2 thats brings multiple user account like pc may never come to the note officially, but nexus user are already enjoying that features. The only major problem i have with the note is the build quality..does'nt feel strong in my hand for a 100k device.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ozegbe(m): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
will update to jellybean next month....the update is too large.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by passion007: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
I've had the Samsung Gtab 10.1 for a year but that didn't quite impress me. THe screen res was largely lackluster, and I felt embarassed holding it to my brother's iPad3.so, The moment I heard of the Google Nexus 10, I immediately ordered mine, should have it in a week or two, then I will reply you on the UI.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ozegbe:
actually the screen is very ok to me (maybe becos i have never used a higher res screen like ipad retina.) its a great device, the spen is very responsive and works perfectly. the build quality feels fragile and i tend to handle it with care. not solid at all. it has so many features am still trying to explore especially as a first time android user. Nexus 10 as a google own device will surely be supported more by developers and always get the best os upgrade. The jellybean 4.2 thats brings multiple user account like pc may never come to the note officially, but nexus user are already enjoying that features. The only major problem i have with the note is the build quality..does'nt feel strong in my hand for a 100k device.

By fragile, do u mean u can practically break d case if u apply much force? I'm not really bothered about the JB 4.2's muti user accounts, i'd have just loved to see the 3d panorama camera on the note 10.1.

Is the official JB update for note 10.1 available in Nigeria?

Btw, the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is the best android tablet yet. My brother has it, it's just perfect all-round. It doesn't have a SIM slot though.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ozegbe(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
passion007: I've had the Samsung Gtab 10.1 for a year but that didn't quite impress me. THe screen res was largely lackluster, and I felt embarassed holding it to my brother's iPad3.so, The moment I heard of the Google Nexus 10, I immediately ordered mine, should have it in a week or two, then I will reply you on the UI.
will be waiting to get a hands on review from you. I may probably change my mind.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ozegbe:

By fragile, do u mean u can practically break d case if u apply much force? I'm not really bothered about the JB 4.2's muti user accounts, i'd have just loved to see the 3d panorama camera on the note 10.1.

Is the official JB update for note 10.1 available in Nigeria?

Btw, the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is the best android tablet yet. My brother has it, it's just perfect all-round. It doesn't have a SIM slot though.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by utosco(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
And the main difference; nexus 10 is not a gsm device, only uses wifi, no sim slot.
So I think in Nigeria, you are better off with the Note, unless you got wifi and ish.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by Ozegbe(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
saw the nexus 10...after playing with it for some few minutes, nothing really interesting apart from the super bright display and also feels very solid like the ipad.

Dont think i want to trade the S-pen experience and ability to make phone calls and send text for mere display.
so i will be keeping my note, while waiting for a better improvement on the note.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? by passion007: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
Finally, nexus 10 arrived today. Its been an absolute joy, text and multimedia are incredibly crisp, web browsing is faster than ever before. The operating system is much more intelligent now compared to my galaxy tab running ice cream sandwich.haven't left my room since morning... It just keeps you engaged. Google is way ahead of their game here. Curiously, no earpiece in the box. All in all, its basically the same features on ICS, but more refined, polished. Plus, swipe is really kicking my as.s. it's just so convenient typing by swiping.

However, I've been trying to use android beam without much success, any help.

(1) (Reply)

Bold 5 Vs Techno L3.pls,which One Should I Go For O.am Confused. / Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad / #jimsbigthing, Whats It All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.