Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:10 AM

Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (70299 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Somali Religion & Mythology / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2008
hi
am staying on the topic

answer this

do you believe in God? just answer and note am not changing the topic
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Horus(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2008

Horus

Haru “Horus” is symbolic of the Rising Son. Jesus is also symbolic of the rising son. Jesus was the son (sun) who died (set) on the cross by crucifixion and he will resurrect (rise) according to the Christians. When the son came down and apparently sets or dies into the darkness and he raises or resurrects back to life. It is the story of the Christian’s God Jesus.
What religious fanatics don’t realize is that if the sun shuts down that would be the end of life as you know it. This is what Egipt teaches about the sun: If I say I worship the sun, people say oh that’s sun worship. I know that. The reason why I say worship the sun, s-u-n and laugh at you who worship the son, s-o-n is because my sun is an obvious provider. If my sun doesn’t come up in the morning, we can chalk it. Jesus (the son) went to sleep 2,000 years ago, has not gotten up yet, and you all are still doing fine. Yet you are still waiting for your son to rise. If my sun doesn’t rise each day, it’s over for Jesus and you. Now with this reasoning, I can live without your son. Can you live without your son? Can you live without my sun? The answer is simply NO.
If you look throughout Egyptian history, you see that many of the characteristics of Horus existed long before 2,000 years ago, and parallels that of Jesus of 2,000 years ago. For instance it is said:

Jesus performed the miracle of turning five loaves of bread in one case and seven in another to feed the many multitudes of people. This ties in with Horus who makes seven[b] loaves of bread[/b] for Osiris to live by.
Yashua is in the desert and being tempted by the Devil, who said to him, “If he was the son of God, turn a stone into bread.” The stone of the desert is symbolic of Set.
As the child Horus comes to the Earth, then enters matter or becomes flesh. He is born as the word [/b]of his father who becomes Seb, who consort is Nu whose other name is [b]Meri. Which is the same as Jesus coming down to Earth as the word [/b]of God in the flesh having and adopted father of Joseph (Seb) and [b]Mary his mother.
Jesus said “I and the father are one. He that seeth me, seeth him that sent me.” Horus is the father seen in the son.
Jesus claims to be the son in whom the father is revealed. Horus was the light of the world. The light that is represented by the symbolic eye. The son of salvation.
Yashua is called the ‘Good Sheperd’ with the lamb or kid on his shoulder. Horus was the good shepherd who carries the crook upon his shoulder.
Jesus is called the[b] Lamb of God, the bread of life, the truth and the light[/b]. Horus is called the[b] Lamb of God, the bread of life, the truth and the light[/b].
Jesus was[b] baptized[/b] by John the Baptist. Horus was baptized [/b]by Anupp the Baptizer.
Jesus was born in Bethlehem, the[b] ‘House of Bread’
. Horus was born in Annu, the ‘Place of Bread.’
Jesus the Christ. Horus the[b] Krist.[/b]
The[b] star [/b]in the east that indicated the birthplace of Jesus. The[b] star[/b], as announcer of the child Horus.
The blind man given sight by Jesus. The blind mummy made to see by Horus.
Jesus walking on water. Horus walking on water.

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. This is just to give you clear overstanding that the Jesus of your bible came from the Egyptian diety of Horus, and Christianity came from the various stories from Egypt. The story was just reiterated as most stories in your bible are. They are stories from old tablets such as the Enuma Elish, and the Giglamesh Epic. The names were just changed, in different cultures. In fact, the names of the bible aren’t even names, they are titles. For example the story of Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar in the bible is just the story of ANU, Antum, and Iyd in the Enuma Elish. The story of Cain and Abel in the bible is just the story of Osiris and Set in the Egyptian records.

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2008
do you believe in God?
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Horus(m): 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2008
luvus:

do you believe in God?
Belief is ignorance. Belief is to ignore the facts, intentionally or ignorantly.
If one has to believe, that means he or she does not know , and if one does not know , that is ignorance.
Hence, belief is ignorance and religious beliefs without the facts is ignorance.
If you look in the midle of the words be[b]lie[/b]ve and be[b]lie[/b]f you will see the word lie.

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by stimulus(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2008
Horus:

and if one does not know , that is ignorance.

I see why you have been making every effort to prove your ignorance.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2008
hi
am staying on the topic

answer this

no i do not believe in the unknown. God doesn't exist to me. why is the bible so similar to egyptian mythology tongue

Horus-thx for ur contribution. u should post more about this horus dude
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by therationa(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2008
The similary between Christianity and the Pagan Mysteries (Osirus-Dionysus, Horus, Mythras, Iris etc) so disturbed some of the early Christian fathers, such as Justin Martyr (100 -165 CE) that some of them have to resort to the most bizarre of reason to explain the similarity to the Pagan cults. This is what the philosopher and satirist Celsus (c. 170 CE) had to say about early Christainity;

"Are these distinctive happenings unique to the Christains - and if so, how are they unique? Or are ours to be accounted myths ans theirs believed? What reasons do the christians give for the distinctiveness of their beliefs? In truth there is nothing at all unusual about what the Christians believes, except that the believe it to the exclusion of more comprehensive truths about God".

The 2nd century Christian apologist, Justin Martyr, on being countered that Christianity had borrowed all its basic features from the existing cults of the Greco-Egyptico-Romano-Persion world, this is what he had to say;

"Having heard it proclaimed through the prophets that the Christ was to come and that the ungodly amongst men were to be punished by fire, the wicked spirit put forth many to be called Sons of God, under the impression that they would be able to produce in men the idea that the things that were said with regards to Christ were merely marvellous tales, like the things that were said by the poets".

The father Tertullian also used the diabolical mimicry excuse to explain the close similarity between Christianity and the pre-existing cults at the time. This is Tertullian;

"The devil, whose business is to pervert the truth mimics the exact circumstances of the Divine Sacraments. He baptises his believers and promises forgiveness o fsins from the Sacred Fount, and thereby initiates them into the religion of Mithras. Thus he celebrates the oblation of bread, andbrings in the symbol of resurrection. Let u stherefore acknowledge the craftiness of the devil, who caopies certain things of those that be Divine".

Is it not obvious how desperate the Christians had to go to explain away their wholesale copying of the cults of the Roman world and dressing them up as unique and their own. WHO ARE THE REAL PLAGIARIST?
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by therationa(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2008
Check out the two sites below;

http://www.jesuspuzzle.com/

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

Interesting
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuxCofh6xs

Does the cult of Horus prove that Christianity is false?

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ:

1. Horus born of a virgin. <> Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. <> Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal descent. <> Jesus was of royal descent.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. <> Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. <> The birth of Jesus announced by angels.

6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. <> Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. <> Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. <> Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

9. Horus had 12 followers. <> Jesus had 12 disciples.

10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. <> Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

http://atheistempire./2007/01/22/the-cult-of-horus/
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2008
hi thanks for being u. nevertheless i want to say since you are and athiest, dont beleieve in God nor His word and a descendant of apes (according to kag, so u think like a descendant this is not derogatory) and by the way animals dont need to believe that there is a God so it would be quite a hard task to be able to convince them. Listen to what jesus said, i quote
John 3:6-8
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
(KJV)

John 3:11-13
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
(KJV)

so in conclusion, no matter how we try to express what we beleieve u can never comprehend it. i rest my case. remeber Jesus Christ just presents issue and leave the rest, if u believe him, u blessed else the opposite. If He deems me answering for Him, He will reveal it to me else there is no basis of trying to convince a descendant of ape for him smiley.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 11:35am On Feb 18, 2008
hi and secondly look at what Christ says

Matt 12:22-32
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
(KJV)

Just as Jesus Christ in His time, was accused of using the power of devil to do miralces, so aslo u have gone to say that the bible is a plagraism of the mythology of eygpt. you are sinning against the Spirit of God becasue He inspired men to write the bible and you here are saying that it was taken from the mythology, which were inspired by demons?

well read the scripture above and let it judge or vindicate you. Shalom!!!
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Horus(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2008
bawomolo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuxCofh6xs

[i]Does the cult of Horus prove that Christianity is false?

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ:
The name Horus is mentioned in the Bible. If you look in Matthew 4:3 where you find the statement “the Son [huios] of God [theos]” referring to Jesus, in the Greek language, you will see Huios Theos. It is not that it is not there. It is just for those who will take the time to research and find it because they want the facts. The Greek word Huios is from the Egyptian word Horus or Haru. This is just to give you clear overstanding that the Jesus of your bible came from the Egyptian diety of Horus, and Christianity came from the various stories from Egypt.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2008
lol@luvus. u choose to preach rather than counter one single point. typical christian hiding behind the bible
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by tombu: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2008
FREE NUBIAN BOOK FOR DOWNLOAD - THE LAWS OF OPPOSITES – 2008/9 & 10

To my brothers and sisters at NAIRALAND. I don't know if people here know but there is a FREE NUBIAN PDF BOOK series on a couple of African forums that blacks everywhere have to check out. The book is called - MESSAGE FROM THE AFRONAUTS – THE LAWS OF OPPOSITES. It’s around 300 pages of completely free literature. From what I can tell it must be written here in Africa.

I STATE THE FOLLOWING:

1. That there are strong issues in the book
2 Some strong words also
3. Some pretty abstract notions
4. The further in you read the deeper it gets – IT GETS VERY DEEP INDEED
5. Some of the notions are questionable (FOR ME) but overall there is some serious scientific knowledge being expressed about our culture. It’s not a normal read at all. It covers many subjects concerning our race – many controversial.
6. You will need a serious-open mind for many of the issues raised in the book.

THE BOOK GENERALLY TOUCHES ON THIS DISCUSSION CONCERNING THE ORIGINS OF BIBLICAL HISTORY INCLUDING THE EGYPTIAN AND SUMERIAN INFLUENCES ON THE BIBLE (THAT’S WHY I POSTED IT HERE).

It took me from the beginning of this year to go through all 17 volumes (there may be more out there). It’s a VERY BLACK BOOK – you’ll know what I mean eventually. The early volumes are not an indication as to the full depth of the book series every volumes covers different subjects.

FREE PDF BOOK VOL.1 (1.05MB)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.2 (835K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.3 (995K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.4 (435K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.5 (395K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.6 (285K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.7 (360K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.8 (310K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.9 (350K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.10 (300K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.11 (265K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.12 (620K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.13 (320K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.14 (480K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.15 (500K)
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.16 (145K) - SOUL
FREE PDF BOOK VOL.17 (195K)

Website

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C80UXDTC

All VOLUMES 1-17

Filename: L17.zip
Filesize: 7.21 MB
Description: opps

On the megaupload webpage page simply type in the letter code in the box on the top right hand side and click download.

Then another screen will appear. Then wait 45 seconds (See time countdown at bottom of screen)

Then click free download and the file will be ready for downloading. You MAY need software called Winzip to open the file – that’s free online as well. To read the pdf’s you will need Adobe Acrobat reader this is free online also.

The file is called L17.zip (7.21MB) THIS zipFILE ONLY HAS 1-17 volumes INSIDE. With a modem it will take about 35 min to download. With broadband probably a minute or so.

There might be more volumes around but this all I can find !!

I can only stress that for a book series openly stated as free literature it is a must read for black people everywhere. You’ve got nothing really to lose. There are some serious issues being addressed here.

Peace
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by MCUsman(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
luvus:

hi

Bawomolo your religious status has nothing to do with the initial post. If they are serious for a dialogue they should stick with the topic.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by 4Him(m): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
MC Usman:

Bawomolo your religious status has nothing to do with the initial post. If they are serious for a dialogue they should stick with the topic.

see the hypocrites! Where have you mu'slims been serious for a dialogue and stuck to the topic instead of sending threatening emails to Seun?
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by focused(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2008
@poster :

Followers of Osama bin Laden will do anything to look for error where there is none.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2008

Followers of Osama bin Laden will do anything to look for error where there is none.

most muslims dont' agree with osama bin laden. why are certain bible concepts similar to Egyptian mythology?? thanks for the info tumbu.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Tudor6(f): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2010
Interesting thread. . . .learnt alot
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Blackode: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2010
A pity I came late to this one.

bawomolo:

yes am atheist, now pls stay on topic.

So I guess we would be sticking with verifiable history and reasonable deductions then.

But it is difficult to picture all the Jewish communities in Egypt willing to abandon the country for an uncertain future

The fact that Jews did exactly that not so long ago proves that not only would they abandon a country for an uncertain future they would fight for that future too.

Contesting the history of a people is always an exercise in futility, in fact saying it was copied/plagiarized from some previously established culture is ALWAYS a stretch. I'm a Yoruba man and in our culture there are a lot of elements that are better left unexplained because they look like everything and nothing, a very good example is the Ifa cult which when viewed peripherally has a set of rituals that looks like it was lifted from Islamic rites. Did they borrowed from Islam? Did Islam borrow from them? Nobody in both camps is looking for or is really interested in the answer to that. Looking for similarities between Jewish and Egyptian cultures is futile because there would always exist a similarity between cultures since every religion and science agree that every human shares a common ancestor. As geographically far as Iran(Persia) is to South Africa(Zululand) a close examination of both cultures would show similarities that would not only baffle you but leave you to answer the question where did these two meet? Now using that similarities as basis of discounting the genuineness of their religious claims is just plain unfair.

Horus:

The name Horus is mentioned in the Bible. If you look in Matthew 4:3 where you find the statement “the Son [huios] of God [theos]” referring to Jesus, in the Greek language, you will see Huios Theos. It is not that it is not there. It is just for those who will take the time to research and find it because they want the facts. The Greek word Huios is from the Egyptian word Horus or Haru. This is just to give you clear overstanding that the Jesus of your bible came from the Egyptian diety of Horus, and Christianity came from the various stories from Egypt.

I call this one the Horus Porus Connection

If you look in the bible hard and long for supposed mythological, you would find a ton. Even the story of Jesus looks like that of the Olurogbo cult in Ile-Ife.

This is just to give you clear overstanding that the Jesus of your bible came from the Egyptian diety of Horus,

Actually NO, while the similarity between Jesus and Horus might be remarkable, there exists such similarities between Christ and Buddha. To successfully argue that Jesus the Christ a nothing more than plagiarized myth, you need to pick holes in HIS story, and the things He did, not look for strange and rather far-fetched connections like the Huios Theos translation.

Faith to a man of sight is unimaginable.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Rhino3dm: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
spiritual conji ; cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by oluamid(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Now, this, is an example of an epic thread.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Onechancearmy(m): 1:05am On Aug 14, 2016
In his book Reflections on the Psalms, C.S. Lewis compared the Hymn to the Psalms of the Judaeo-Christian canon, as did Breasted (who broke them up into stanzas to resemble Western poems).

Miriam Lichtheim commented about an alleged resemblance with Psalm 104 saying that "The resemblances are, however, more likely to be the result of the generic similarity between Egyptian hymns and biblical psalms. A specific literary interdependence is not probable."

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Honours Deborah Samuel Killed In Sokoto / My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Daddy Freeze: Mike Bamiloye Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.