Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,015 members, 7,953,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6042769 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (3566) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
Smoothie . If this was a test I would score zero for this my smoothie. It came out wrong angry

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
@ Cocoacandy,

I usually cook my BR plain but you could use chicken stock or stocks in place of water.
If you use unsalted, add salt yourself. If you use the regular stock, careful with salt.
I am so used to brown rice that I don't like white rice anymore. It takes training to like it.
The only problem I have with it is it takes longer to cook. But it is faster by boiling your water first before adding BR.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
armyofone:
@ Cocoacandy,

I usually cook my BR plain but you could use chicken stock or stocks in place of water.
If you use unsalted, add salt yourself. If you use the regular stock, careful with salt.
I am so used to brown rice that I don't like white rice anymore. It takes training to like it.
The only problem I have with it is it takes longer to cook. But it is faster by boiling your water first before adding BR.
ok. Thank you. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
cococandy:
Does anybody know an easy way to make tasty brown rice? I'm in a fix.

Cc

Edwife

Anybody at all. Pls help

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart,taste great!

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 medium carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 bay leaf
1 cup brown rice
DIRECTIONS

Heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in pot. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes total. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot; add onion and celery. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
Add carrots, bay leaf, and 1 3/4 cups water; stir in rice and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice absorbs almost all the liquid, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.

Try it coco,easy and very tasteful. wink wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
edwife:

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart,taste great!

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 medium carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 bay leaf
1 cup brown rice
DIRECTIONS

Heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in pot. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes total. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot; add onion and celery. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
Add carrots, bay leaf, and 1 3/4 cups water; stir in rice and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice absorbs almost all the liquid, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.

Try it coco,easy and very tasteful. wink wink
kiss kiss kiss kiss tenk.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
cococandy:
lol. can I make it like jollof rice?

You are absolutely gorgeous by the way kiss you look like a yummy cake grin I want to eat you embarassed your husband is so lucky!

Ehh yeah sure you can. But I think it will need a longer per boiling stage since brown rice takes ages to soften..

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
datalossvictim1:

You are absolutely gorgeous by the way kiss you look like a yummy cake grin I want to eat you embarassed your husband is so lucky!

awwwww. I'm so flattered. cry kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I will punch your face oo angry
which one is eat? angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I will punch your face oo angry
which one is eat? angry

Who's this one undecided
Otondo it is a metaphor you bush! naija man grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Who's this one undecided
Otondo it is a metaphor you bush! naija man grin

shut up there and stop calling my wife cake angry
you too-popcorn lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

shut up there and stop calling my wife cake angry
you too-popcorn lipsrsealed

Lol ola mma ma gi ehn nti gi adapu adapu tongue

She's taken nto gi! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol ola mma ma gi ehn nti gi adapu adapu tongue

She's taken nto gi! grin

Speak english, this is a public forum angry
Thought a non-bush girl like you should know that undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 25, 2014
alutacontinua:

Speak english, this is a public forum angry
Thought a non-bush girl like you should know that undecided

Trust the bush man to think non-bush means english Ewu! grin

Goodnight oo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Trust the bush man to think non-bush means english Ewu! grin

Goodnight oo

Goodnight
sleep tight and don't dream about my wife's yummy face angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:40am On Nov 25, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Honey don't be angry ehn?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MadCow1: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2014
Click Here for the Complete Egusi Soup.. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1891916_cusersl0239211picturesnewfolder20141124211227_jpegbc0c060839208b98771972e7a26137c0

Verdict:: I rate the soup a 4 out of 10..

REASON:: I didnt achieve the Lumpiness which was why I even tried this in the first place.. But Taste wise, I killed it as I always do.. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ayyoshert: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
MadCow1:
Click Here for the Complete Egusi Soup.. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1891916_cusersl0239211picturesnewfolder20141124211227_jpegbc0c060839208b98771972e7a26137c0

Verdict:: I rate the soup a 4 out of 10..

REASON:: I didnt achieve the Lumpiness which was why I even tried this in the first place.. But Taste wise, I killed it as I always do.. grin
If i may chip in. To get that lump intact, try make your Egusi mix as close to dry as possible, in other words no water, also you have to use powdered Egusi, not the one grounded with water, put a little salt, rub the mix inside a bowl, like you are kneading a dough, it gets to a stage, it starts to bring it's own oil, there after start rolling to your desired size, just the size half your thumb is okay.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iykedare(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
nice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Time to go shopping for the orishirishi for thanksgiving and other household bulk supply

Sam's club or costco,here I come

Mashed potatoes
Drinks
Pie
Toilet paper grin
Etc
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunri(f): 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
Chinese inspired fried rice, spaghetti, salad, beef, chicken n egg. grin

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2014
I want the chicken n egg grin grin grin

motunri:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MadCow1: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2014
motunri:

Swear you didnt buy that food.. angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2014
r231:
My weight loss breakfast!!!
hahaha what are u trying to lose?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Somebody said somewhere he will do moimoi d village way.
Abeg do and post o.
At least I will eat with my eyes.
That type of moimoi dey hungry me no be small.
Akwu,crayfish(red ones),enough onions and pepper tied in uma leave or banana leave.
I simply lv it.

I'm yet to set, when I do, I will go traditional.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MadCow1: 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
moca:
Somebody said somewhere he will do moimoi d village way.
Abeg do and post o.
At least I will eat with my eyes.
That type of moimoi dey hungry me no be small.
Akwu,crayfish(red ones),enough onions and pepper tied in uma leave or banana leave.
I simply lv it.

I'm yet to set, when I do, I will go traditional.

I dey find who sabi do Plantain Moi moi.. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
I miss plantain moimoi my mom's style
Also the yellow yam moimoi
Aha and corn moimoi (ukpo oka)

MadCow1:

I dey find who sabi do Plantain Moi moi.. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yeske2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
armyofone:
I miss plantain moimoi my mom's style
Also the yellow yam moimoi
Aha and corn moimoi (ukpo oka)

I dislike that corn moi-moi with a passion
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
Edwife I'm done. I didn't have chicken so I used fish and no celery so i used carrots instead.

It was nice but a bit soggy cos I added a lil too much water. i was afraid it would be too strong if I didn't add enough water.

I think I prefer my white rice joor.
I will also try that Thai rice chillisauce suggested.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yeske2(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
ayyoshert:
If i may chip in. To get that lump intact, try make your Egusi mix as close to dry as possible, in other words no water, also you have to use powdered Egusi, not the one grounded with water, put a little salt, rub the mix inside a bowl, like you are kneading a dough, it gets to a stage, it starts to bring it's own oil, there after start rolling to your desired size, just the size half your thumb is okay.
I remember those days i make egusi soup, I mix the the grounded egusi with some water and make into a thick paste and then scoop with the cooking spoon into the already boiling meat, fish, one spoon at a time all around the pot and cook for some time and i always have those lumps.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:
Edwife I'm done. I didn't have chicken so I used fish and no celery so i used carrots instead.

It was nice but a bit soggy cos I added a lil too much water. i was afraid it would be too strong if I didn't add enough water.

You have to cook it like fried rice,add water little by little.....

It looks good but soggy as you said.... smiley

At least you tried,but you know what they say practice makes it better cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Roasted plantain
Veg sauce and salmon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:

Looks good babe. Soggy or not. Amma Eat it with a glass of red wine then doze off

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (3566) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.