Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,535 members, 7,865,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5849993 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (3495) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan: I'm hungry tongue
me too. can you cook ? tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
me too. can you cook ? tongue

I can cook some meals.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

I can cook some meals.
like ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
like ?

Spaghetti, noodles, plantain etc. grin tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

lol bachelor foods grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

Aww! When you get to the Oha, Nkwobi, Groundnut Soup, etc, call us. :-)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
GraceBestowed:
grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I go call u
*goes off to prepare oha soup*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JeSoul(f): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
GraceBestowed:
Chei! see reply grin Lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

I go call u
*goes off to prepare oha soup*

It's all love, hun! When wifey comes she will shut me up!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
GraceBestowed:

It's all love, hun! When wifey comes she will shut me up!

She will be a reality in a couple of years time. cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2013
Pretiby: these are KFC fried chicken i made, believe me they taste like the real ones
i learned how to make them here, follow this link http://..com/2013/04/how-to-prepare-kfc-fried-chicken.html

[size=13pt]Nice! It's always fun trying to make restaurant foods at home grin[/size]
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Grilled Pork Steak with a side of prawns, and vegetable medley (mushrooms, sweetcorn, cabbage, tomatoes, peas, and carrots).

For those of you who care to know, this is less than 400 calories on a plate.

~ A side of Onken yogurt ~

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=13pt]Ooooh. Mushrooms, and prawns, and pork. Oh my. Sounds yummy lol tongue[/size]

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed: Grilled Pork Steak with a side of prawns, and vegetable medley (mushrooms, sweetcorn, cabbage, tomatoes, peas, and carrots).

For those of you who care to know, this is less than 400 calories on a plate.

~ A side of Onken yogurt ~

I'll definitely need some of that. tongue tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Ooooh. Mushrooms, and prawns, and pork. Oh my. Sounds yummy lol tongue[/size]

My kinda girl! We should have dinner some time, mutually beneficial!

CFCfan:

I'll definitely need some of that. tongue tongue

Oh, you're welcome to this dinner party. I understand that wifey will take a few years to show! :-)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
^^^
Lmao grin grin grin

Thanks for your offer, I would soon be "King of sheba". We might visit you together.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
Lmao grin grin grin

Thanks for your offer, I would soon be "King of sheba". We might visit you together.

Ahhh! AMEN!!!! I receive it for you!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Ahhh! AMEN!!!! I receive it for you!!

Amen o. I and my queen may bring some continental dishes i.e. shawarma.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JeSoul(f): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed: For those of you who care to know, this is less than 400 calories on a plate.

Are you on a diet? or just trying to eat healthier?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
JeSoul: Are you on a diet? or just trying to eat healthier?

400 calories is fine for me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Amen o. I and my queen may bring some continental dishes i.e. shawarma.

Nna, come with an empty stomach!! You go belle-full
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
JeSoul: Are you on a diet? or just trying to eat healthier?

I'm on a diet, more like a way of life, really. It's amazing the amounts of calories we consume when we're not checking.

I have the sweetest tooth of all, and don't deprive myself, I just eat reasonably.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JeSoul(f): 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I'm on a diet, more like a way of life, really. It's amazing the amounts of calories we consume when we're not checking.

I have the sweetest tooth of all, and don't deprive myself, I just eat reasonably.

Absolutely on point there. And totally understand the "way of life" part. I'm lucky in the sense junk food has never appealed to me so its relatively easy for me to eat healthy.

CFCfan:

400 calories is fine for me.
Lol. Just curious cos you rarely to ever hear anyone talk about calorie content around these parts. And its a very important aspect. I have discussed around here in the past about possibly putting caloric information on popular naija dishes.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
JeSoul: Absolutely on point there. And totally understand the "way of life" part. I'm lucky in the sense junk food has never appealed to me so its relatively easy for me to eat healthy.

Lol. Just curious cos you rarely to ever hear anyone talk about calorie content around these parts. And its a very important aspect. I have discussed around here in the past about possibly putting caloric information on popular naija dishes.

Eba and egusi soap would have not less than 900 calories grin, due to the palm oil in the soup.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JeSoul(f): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Eba and egusi soap would have not less than 900 calories grin, due to the palm oil in the soup.
grin... I actually learned palm nut oil is healthier than we might think, plenty of anti-oxidants. Of course, not in the excessive amounts we consume it. The Eba I'm certain is loaded with shege carbs = pot belly grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
JeSoul: grin... I actually learned palm nut oil is healthier than we might think, plenty of anti-oxidants. Of course, not in the excessive amounts we consume it. The Eba I'm certain is loaded with shege carbs = pot belly grin

I tell u. The scary thing is that some peeps in Naija drink palm oil (with other foods i.e. yam) almost everyday.
The pot belly is mainly a feature on men because most older Nigerian males (30 and above), hardly exercise their bodies. This trait is worse amongst the relatively rich ones.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Ahhh!! LooooL! Let me break it down for you, it's not *that* much, but it's a fair bit.

Egusi soup (in fact any Nigerian soup) is healthy, but for the palm oil. So 500 litres of palm oil is about 4250. Bear in mind that this makes about 4 litres of soup (serving 15, which is about 280 calories per person. Assorted meat is another 200 calories, and other ingredients in the soup is a mere 100 calories per plate. A hundred grams of eba (ready to eat) is about 150 calories.

I'm being very generous with the calorie count, and it comes to just over 700. There are ways to cut corners, like using fish etc.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Ahhh!! LooooL! Let me break it down for you, it's not *that* much, but it's a fair bit.

Egusi soup (in fact any Nigerian soup) is healthy, but for the palm oil. So 500 litres of palm oil is about 4250. Bear in mind that this makes about 4 litres of soup (serving 15, which is about 280 calories per person. Assorted meat is another 200 calories, and other ingredients in the soup is a mere 100 calories per plate. A hundred grams of eba (ready to eat) is about 150 calories.

I'm being very generous with the calorie count, and it comes to just over 700. There are ways to cut corners, like using fish etc.

Yep, the fish or okporoko can help to increase the healthier nature of the meal.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
JeSoul: Absolutely on point there. And totally understand the "way of life" part. I'm lucky in the sense junk food has never appealed to me so its relatively easy for me to eat healthy..

Very true, weight can easily creep up on anyone! The day I use up more energy, I eat more.

Mhen, you're blessed that you don't like junk; I am a stickler for the cheesecakes, apple pie & ice-creams, and waffles of this world!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Very true, weight can easily creep up on anyone! The day I use up more energy, I eat more.

Mhen, you're blessed that you don't like junk; I am a stickler for the cheesecakes, apple pie & ice-creams, and waffles of this world!

Me too. I used to eat burgers almost every 3 days, some time ago. But I now eat them once a week.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Me too. I used to eat burgers almost every 3 days, some time ago. But I now eat them once a week.

I love burgers, chips and mcdonalds apple pies. They taste so good. *dribbles*

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (3495) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.