Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6043885 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (3566) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
grin

You will submit thesis to all4naija today.

Nor be thesis my dear. Just proving his claims wrong.

Maybe he wants me to stuff my family with Eba and Ogbolo soup with palm wine for breakfast. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

And why can't it sustain a healthy body? Do you just make assertions plucked from the thin air without being able to back them up?
No, I don't! The different things you have there look alike and not so rich in nutrient level regardless of the calorific value which is very small to sustain a healthy muscle.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yes, it can and has - for donkey years.

So I ask you again, what exactly is missing from it? I don't believe in bulk feeding my kids into obesity because someone thinks quantity rates higher than quality. They are all fit, energetic, and just dandy, thank you very much.

This is one of my biggest challenges. Trying to get people to understand that chubbiness just doesn't cut it for me and my family. As long as they are healthy, I am ok with my slim kids but my friends worry themselves sick over a child that is not 'increasing' in weight.

Ehen EfemenaXY, can you clarify the GI of beans for me?I always assumed beans (brown nija beans)was low GI until my SIL whose hubby is diabetic said beans spikes his blood sugar. And my hairdresser said she adds weight from eating beans
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
No, I don't!

Why not? Can't you sustain your claims with substantial proof?

all4naija:
The different things you have there look alike and not so rich in nutrient level regardless of the calorific value which is very small to sustain a healthy muscle.

a. What different things are you referring to. Define "things". I don't know what you mean. Try to be more specific.

b. What and what looks alike? Alike to what? What are you comparing?

c. Nutrient level? Did you or did you not read the information I posted? Do you understand the difference between nutrient levels and calorific values? Did you see me mention calorie count anywhere? Which nutirents are lacking - I'm asking you for the 3rd time!

d. And what exactly do you need to sustain "a healthy muscle"? That meal, the soup alone is packed with proteins which are essential for muscle growth. Or what exactly are you driving at?

And while we're at it, can you kindly post what you think is a healthy breakfast that contains all the nutrients levels regardless of the calorific values you've been going on and on about? Or are you just all mouth and no action?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
smartmom:

This is one of my biggest challenges. Trying to get people to understand that chubbiness just doesn't cut it for me and my family. As long as they are healthy, I am ok with my slim kids but my friends worry themselves sick over a child that is not 'increasing' in weight.

Ehen EfemenaXY, can you clarify the GI of beans for me?I always assumed beans (brown nija beans)was low GI until my SIL whose hubby is diabetic said beans spikes his blood sugar. And my hairdresser said she adds weight from eating beans

My dear, never heard of this before. Lemme call on Edwife. She's the expert and might be able to answer this better for you...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Why not? Can't you sustain your claims with substantial proof?

a. What different things are you referring to. Define "things". I don't know what you mean. Try to be more specific.

b. What and what looks alike? Alike to what? What are you comparing?

c. Nutrient level? Did you or did you not read the information I posted? Do you understand the difference between nutrient levels and calorific values? Did you see me mention calorie count anywhere? Which nutirents are lacking - I'm asking you for the 3rd time!

d. And what exactly do you need to sustain "a healthy muscle"? That meal, the soup alone is packed with proteins which are essential for muscle growth. Or what exactly are you driving at?

And while we're at it, can you kindly post what you think is a healthy breakfast that contains all the nutrients levels regardless of the calorific values you've been going on and on about? Or are you just all mouth and no action?
This is getting crazy. I apologize.

Adios!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:

Adios!

Apology accepted.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

My dear, never heard of this before. Lemme call on Edwife. She's the expert and might be able to answer this better for you...

Thanks dearie. Edwife I dey wait o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 12:05am On Apr 26, 2015
all4naija:

Adios!

Lwkm cheesy cheesy cheesy

Next time, try telling a woman she doesn't feed her kids right inugo?
You do. Learn today...

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:39am On Apr 26, 2015
CharmyBliz:

How did you prepare this? Am so interestd

Ingredients
Oat
flour
salt
ripe plantain
sugar
egg
nutmeg
melted butter
milk and baking powder

Add the flour, oat, baking powder, sugar, salt and nutmeg together.
Mashed or blend d ripe plantain. Mix the mashed plantain, milk, egg and butter to together and stir well. Add to d flour mixture and fry well.

Cc
jennifer89
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ariyke: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nmeri17:
pay NEPA bill u no gree sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Today's lunch. Garnished jollof rice wtgrilled chicken in tomato sauce.
Cococandy grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SleekyP(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Cococandy grin

send addy cry cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
SleekyP:

send addy cry cry
lol. Nigeria, west africa
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ukwa and fish for breakfast.

Fired rice and goat meat for lunch.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Cococandy grin
grrrr
Yummy.
Go girl smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Herzumpther:

hei ukwa.

Herzumpther has killed me o.
Biko nu send me some of that ukwa. Na beg I dey so grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
cococandy:
hei ukwa.

Herzumpther has killed me o.
Biko nu send me some of that ukwa. Na beg I dey so grin
Lol. My neighbor returned from Enugu yesterday. He said its ukwa season and gave us o, this morning I woke up by 4 and cooked it before I left for mass. Chai its very tasty. tongue let me send some to you now. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Herzumpther:

I love ukwa. Herz send to me too
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
tchiwinnie:
I love ukwa. Herz send to me too
Thanks ma'am, I will do just that. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
smartmom:

Beans are a welcome addition to weight-loss meal plans because they are packed with essential nutrients and help keep you feeling full for long periods of time. The do have beneficial nutrients when you’re trying to shed pounds.

So a good portion of beans won't arm you.They don't add weight unless she eat bigger portion and other things....

Black beans,red or any kind of beans have low GI...about 50

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
edwife:

Beans are a welcome addition to weight-loss meal plans because they are packed with essential nutrients and help keep you feeling full for long periods of time. The do have beneficial nutrients when you’re trying to shed pounds.

So a good portion of beans won't arm you.They don't add weight unless she eat bigger portion and other things....

Black beans,red or any kind of beans have low GI...about 50

What does GI mean?

Smartmom, the lady who says she put on weight from eating beans...what did she cook it with? I'm guessing lots of palm oil?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What does GI mean?

Smartmom, the lady who says she put on weight from eating beans...what did she cook it with? I'm guessing lots of palm oil?
Cant say exactly o. Most likely drenched in palm oil and the akara is ahem... soaked in oil too. But the diabetic case is very conscious about oils. GI mean glycemic index
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:25am On Apr 27, 2015
Banana, strawberry, Apple smoothie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2015
Herzumpther! I. Want. Ukwa!! Send it through Young Shall Grow motors, i'll pick it up at their busstop!! No arguments please! angry angry angry

cry cry cry cry cry
*loud wail*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2015
tchidi:
Herzumpther! I. Want. Ukwa!! Send it through Young Shall Grow motors, i'll pick it up at their busstop!! No arguments please! angry angry angry

cry cry cry cry cry
*loud wail*
Lmao. Yes ma. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Herz,that ukwa is calling me.

Efe hv vexed! cheesy

If the guy only knows cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:
Banana, strawberry, Apple smoothie
Me likey

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hadassah007(f): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Events by Bella creates events to remember!Themed parties are our forte as we plan, decorate and manage kiddies parties leaving your children with a fun filled day! This package for 100 and less kids provides: Bouncing and sliding castle,face painting, cupcake castle, a professional DJ, an Mc, Party packs, small chops, customized backdrop,decorations, event coordination,ice cream and candy floss, a character cake!!!!Contact events by Bella on 08102735606, 52ff485f. please visit our website on www.eventsbybella.com

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by olumba69: 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Gizzard + dodo + shaki = ? what would you call this? Recipe here.... http://www.myactivekitchen.com/blog/2015/4/26/giz-dodo-on-point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lunch.

I Wasn't feeling so well and he's like close your eyes let me make you some comfort food.
It's going to be ready in 10mins.
I closed my eyes and wondered what kind of food cooks in 10mins except noodles.
Well 10mins later, tada! cheesy
I for say na. cheesy
10min food lipsrsealed

He's just too good for me.
Blush*

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
olumba69:
Gizzard + dodo + shaki = ? what would you call this? Recipe here.... http://www.myactivekitchen.com/blog/2015/4/26/giz-dodo-on-point
that looks so good. Did you cook that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (3566) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cetona(f), Freezyhot(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.