Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5741657 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 8:47pm On May 24, 2015
Fried rice & African/ tough chicken spicy stew ( gosh it's hard to chew) undecided and I bought a whole box.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
Has anybody here eaten the Nigerian fruit called Dacroylodes? Where can I find it to buy?

http://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2012/08/25/golden-corn-nigerian-ube-pear/
are you in Nigeria? We call it native pear. This one Na big grammar you dey blow. If you go ask for that name you typed there, no one will know what you're talking about.

It is a seasonal fruit. Between May and September or November. When in season, you can find it everywhere in Nigeria and cheaper in the rural areas.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:18pm On May 24, 2015
Dinner oooooo Bread, egg fried with iru(locust beans), warm milk and orange.
Am learning to eat healthy too...lolz

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
I'm having some headache this early morning, possibly caused by trying to eat a Nigeria food with some pepper in it the previous day. Hot pepper might be rich in vitamin B but it is not highly recommended for a healthy life. It is time Nigerians quit using hot pepper in most of their cooking. Jeez!
without hot pepper in my food......i will throw up......

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:38pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
Has anybody here eaten the Nigerian fruit called Dacroylodes? Where can I find it to buy?

http://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2012/08/25/golden-corn-nigerian-ube-pear/
Using a lame man language....its called pear and corn......u can find it in Delta state.....or anywhr in naija

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:41pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:
Dinner oooooo
Bread, egg fried with iru(locust beans), warm milk and orange.

Throw me that bread abeg grin I want to scoop & deflate it with my bare hands and eat it with peanut butter spread . grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:47pm On May 24, 2015
Ewuro4:

Throw me that bread abeg grin I want to scoop & deflate it with my bare hands and eat it with peanut butter spread . grin
lolz.......its finish.....xo u like brown bread
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:51pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:

lolz.......its finish.....xo u like brown bread

You finished a whole bread?? I prefer brown but not picky either. I eat everything edible grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2015
Ewuro4:

You finished a whole bread?? I prefer brown but not picky either. I eat everything edible grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 9:55pm On May 24, 2015
Lunch last week

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2015
Ewuro4:

That bread is small na.....i have not tasted peanut butter ooo....i wanted to buy one but d lady said 850....i quickly drop it.......how does it taste like?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 9:57pm On May 24, 2015
Owambe jellof today. It was niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PS: who knows what gives it that unique taste? Can anyone share. Someone told me butter and i tried it but i didn't get that particular taste.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
cococandy:
are you in Nigeria? We call it native pear. This one Na big grammar you dey blow. If you go ask for that name you typed there, no one will know what you're talking about.

It is a seasonal fruit. Between May and September or November. When in season, you can find it everywhere in Nigeria and cheaper in the rural areas.
No, I am not! Just wanted to know where to get it in states. I like the way it looks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 24, 2015
touchmeder:

PS: who knows what gives it that unique taste? Can anyone share. Someone told me butter and i tried it but i didn't get that particular taste.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2444411_img2015052400287_jpeg572d39743c7be6c63bddd41ae72b1495
Bwahaha...With a can of Amstel beer grin cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 10:01pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:

That bread is small na.....i have not tasted peanut butter ooo....i wanted to buy one but d lady said 850....i quickly drop it.......how does it taste like?

Oh it looked like those long Lagos bread grin

Peanut butter tastes Like ground peanut + margarine( blueband).
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 10:02pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha...With a can of Amstel beer grin cheesy cheesy cool

You wan try me? lolz
Na malt sha nor be beer

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 24, 2015
Ewuro4:
Fried rice & African/ tough chicken spicy stew ( gosh it's hard to chew) undecided and I bought a whole box.
I think you are very funny! That is going to give you some swollen temples at the end of the day for chewing hard on it. Jeez! grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:
Dinner oooooo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2444294_dinner_jpeg78afb5bab2a221191e3848946840bdc5
I would possibly squeeze a lime on that fried egg before eating it. If not....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
touchmeder:

the deep fried sauce (before you add rice) cooked on the burner/firewood high heat gives the rice that rich & intense flavour.

We tend to reduce the heat back & forth when cooked on stove.

I could be wrong though.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 10:14pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
I think you are very funny! That is going to give you some swollen temples at the end of the day for chewing hard on it. Jeez! grin grin grin grin

I didn't eat it all. Can't afford a root canal surgery this year cheesy Hubby ate it all though

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2015
Ewuro4:

Oh it looked like those long Lagos bread grin
Peanut butter tastes Like ground peanut + margarine( blueband).
Okaay! Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:38pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
I would possibly squeeze a lime on that fried egg before eating it. If not....
No lime to squeeze on it.

I have not cin any food pics of yours. What's happening?

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:

I am not saying you should. That would be done by me before eating it. Hehehe...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:12pm On May 24, 2015
Touchmeder and Akposy, you guys are trying sha. If I eat a quarter of what you both eat, I'll blow out of proportion. Seriously.

Akposy:

You won't see any food pics of his because all4naija is a monitoring spirit, and monitoring spirits don't eat. They monitor posts. lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:

No, I am not! Just wanted to know where to get it in states. I like the way it looks.
you could get them in a few African stores but I can't vouch for the freshness. It is always better fresh.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On May 24, 2015
Lunch at 'Sushi Den'

Meh. Trial and error.
Was surprisingly Okayish.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:22pm On May 24, 2015
Akposy:
Dinner oooooo

so the orange made it healthy grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:24pm On May 24, 2015
touchmeder:

that rice is bringing pleasant Saturday afternoon memories. embarassed

Hot afternoon weddings. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 12:08am On May 25, 2015
touchmeder:

Bay leaves is the secret my dear...took me years to figure it out too

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 12:11am On May 25, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch at 'Sushi Den'

Meh. Trial and error.
Was surprising Okish.

Is that chops sticks I am looking at? I just could never master it, my Chinese friends gave up on me. Even coming to my place to give me tutorials sad sad sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:00am On May 25, 2015
Cheeiii see good food everywhere !! I missed my people so much. I'm done with my second year, so will have time to experiment more in the kitchen. grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fulaman198(m): 2:07am On May 25, 2015
datalossvictim1:
Cheeiii see good food everywhere !! I missed my people so much. I'm done with my second year, so will have time to experiment more in the kitchen. grin

Make sure to save me a plate if you don't mind grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CynthiaGeorge, prittyboi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.