Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,460 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5753611 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:10am On May 25, 2015
Kimoni:

Is that chops sticks I am looking at? I just could never master it, my Chinese friends gave up on me. Even coming to my place to give me tutorials sad sad sad
cheesy

There's a trick to it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:04am On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Touchmeder and Akposy, you guys are trying sha. If I eat a quarter of what you both eat, I'll blow out of proportion. Seriously.

You won't see any food pics of his because all4naija is a monitoring spirit, and monitoring spirits don't eat. They monitor posts. lipsrsealed
lolz....exactly
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:04am On May 25, 2015
cococandy:
so the orange made it healthy grin grin
Yes na....d orange and iru
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:32am On May 25, 2015
Akposy:

Yes na....d orange and iru
ok smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:00am On May 25, 2015
Fulaman198:

Make sure to save me a plate if you don't mind grin

Lol I will! wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:05am On May 25, 2015
cococandy:
will you kindly share recipe? smiley

Link to the recipe I always use below.

http://cooklikeajamaican.com/oxtail-stew/
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:21pm On May 25, 2015
Kimoni:

Bay leaves is the secret my dear...took me years to figure it out too
Thanks dear
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:22pm On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Touchmeder and Akposy, you guys are trying sha. If I eat a quarter of what you both eat, I'll blow out of proportion. Seriously.
lipsrsealed

Chei! Lolz
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:24pm On May 25, 2015
Ewuro4:

the deep fried sauce (before you add rice) cooked on the burner/firewood high heat gives the rice that rich & intense flavour.

We tend to reduce the heat back & forth when cooked on stove.

I could be wrong though.

I know the firewood is responsible too. Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 12:33pm On May 25, 2015
touchmeder:

Chei! Lolz

It's true na. Look at the size of the bread alone Akposy wolfed down (amongst the other things) in his pic. Or your party rice and beer (I don't drink though)...I would struggle to get up after all that. cheesy

Anyway, una be guys sha..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:16pm On May 25, 2015
Thanks
naijababe:

Link to the recipe I always use below.

http://cooklikeajamaican.com/oxtail-stew/
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2015
@Touchmeder, what gives it that unique taste is the stock, rich amount of tomatoes and slow cooking. Goat meaty stock, (cooked goat meat, onion, some thyme, jamaica curry, salt and some bouillon).
Tomato and tatashe blended and steamed being used...i can see goat meat on your plate meaning the stocks was used. I see your jollof is so colorful meaning rich amount of tomatoes and red pepper/tatashe was used. One last thing is slow cooked...if you cook rice, pour it into stewly mixture to make a quick JRice, you wouldn't get that unique taste no matter how many ajinomoto or maggi you use in the cooking.

touchmeder:
Owambe jellof today. It was niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PS: who knows what gives it that unique taste? Can anyone share. Someone told me butter and i tried it but i didn't get that particular taste.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yemiolads(f): 6:16pm On May 25, 2015
Another plantain recipe that makes too much sense! Plantain soup

1 semi ripe/just ripe plantain (cubed)
2 medium size tomatoes (cubed)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
Baked beans (optional)
2 teaspoons olive or groundnut oil
A handful of thinly sliced green/spring onions (optional)
A dash of curry
A dash dried ground pepper
1/4 teaspoons flour
1 seasoning cube
Salt to taste
Any protein (beef,fish,goat meat, shrimps, etc. cooked)

How To Make It:

Preheat a pot and add in the oil, let the oil heat up a bit and then add in the cubed onions and garlic. Stir fry until the onion becomes translucent.

Add in 1 cup water, curry, pepper, seasoning cube and salt. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil, add in the diced tomatoes, spring onions and plantain, reduce the heat and leave to cook for 15 minutes. Add the baked beans last (so they don't get too soft).

Taste and adjust the soup for seasoning, add in the flour (this is to thicken the soup), and your slices of protein and let it simmer for another 4 minutes. If the soup isn't thick enough, add in a little more flour. Be sure to wait about 3 minutes after the first flour addition though, it takes a few mins for the soup to thicken.

Bon Appetit

See more at www.opeyemioladotun..com

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 6:35pm On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

It's true na. Look at the size of the bread alone Akposy wolfed down (amongst the other things) in his pic. Or your party rice and beer (I don't drink though)...I would struggle to get up after all that. cheesy

Anyway, una be guys sha..

I beg una oh na malt drink nor be beer oh. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I need to cut my rations ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 6:37pm On May 25, 2015
armyofone:
@touchmeder, what gives it that unique taste is the stock, rich amount of tomatoes and slow cooking. Goat meaty stock, (cooked goat meat, onion, some thyme, jamaica curry, salt and some bouillon).
Tomato and tatashe blended and steamed being used...i can see goat meat on your plate meaning the stocks was used. I see your jollof is so colorful meaning rich amount of tomatoes and red pepper/tatashe was used. One last thing is slow cooked...if you cook rice, pour it into stewly mixture to make a quick JRice, you wouldn't get that unique taste no matter how many ajinomoto or maggi you use in the cooking. T

thanks i'll try this and add the bay leaf as the other person suggested.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ayyoshert: 2:43pm On May 26, 2015
back a yard!!!! welcome to Ellyville kitchens and pastries.
Fufu with Efo riro[ love making it]
yam with garden egg sauce[isu ati igba]
Meat pie.
missed doing all these, but am back.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waxdude: 3:19pm On May 26, 2015
undecideduhhh okay,been follwin dis thread bt nt fot once posted any pic...well I prepared dis...wateva dey call it porridge yam or pottage...me I dunno..al I'm concern abt is it tastes nice n my stomach luvit grin grin cococandy,efemenaxy,akposy,herzumpter,kimoni,ewuro4,smartmom,babyosisi,naijababe...Oya ohhh make una tell me if I try grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:22pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:
undecideduhhh okay,been follwin dis thread bt nt fot once posted any pic...well I prepared dis...wateva dey call it porridge yam or pottage...me I dunno..al I'm concern abt is it tastes nice n my stomach luvit grin grin cococandy,efemenaxy,akposy,herzumpter,kimoni,ewuro4,smartmom,babyosisi,naijababe...Oya ohhh make una tell me if I try grin
it looks great. I'd eat that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waxdude: 3:32pm On May 26, 2015
cococandy:
it looks great. I'd eat that.
grin thnx madam

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Kai!!! See better food. I love yam pottage with vegetables
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 4:58pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Scrumptious. I like it. Well done brother. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 26, 2015
ayyoshert:
Meat pie.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2449040_img20150524191403_jpegf98ff1eff06212e468cf8a827e584b00
What do you conceal inside that taco-looking food?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Tantalizing
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 5:47pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Looks good & healthy too. What vegetable did you use?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 5:49pm On May 26, 2015
ayyoshert:
Meat pie.

Yum 0 ! .. Garden egg sauce ? Recipie pls.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 6:04pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Well done bro. Very healthy.

Now I can't post the unhealthy lunch I had today angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:25pm On May 26, 2015
all4naija:
What do you conceal inside that taco-looking food?
taco-looking indeed grin

it is a pie.

Has meat and vegetables in it. Like this.
I made these ones a while ago. I think I posted the pictures too.

Ayyoshert, don't mention cheesy you're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 26, 2015
Kimoni:

Well done bro. Very healthy.

Now I can't post the unhealthy lunch I had today angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin Go and post it on the other food thread nau

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 7:42pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:

Well done jare but where is the protein here? and yes in my own opinion o, go easy on the palm oil, it will still taste nice smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2015
waxdude:
Well done sir!!! Presentable
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by honeric01(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
naijababe:

Kai!!! See better food. I love yam pottage with vegetables
This afternoon..
no laugh me
i no go work and no water..had to just manage whatever..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Happinesswithin(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.